Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' (38808 Views)

When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / Playing Hard To Get- The Pros And Cons? / What Are The Differences Btw Girls Playing Hard To Get And Being Uninterested. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by Princek12(m): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2009
OpeLovely:

How can you possibly value a girl if she comes so easy.

Guys pretend that they hate chasing women too much. And they are the same guys that boast when they have gotten ''an easy one''.

I believe all this nonsense is a double standard.

If she is the one for you, no problem and if not, no problem.

But any woman that knows her value/worth will not easily succumb to a man because most men think with their third legs.
Not being easy is not the same as playing hard to get. You can still not be easy but respond positively to a man's advances if interested in that man, but you have know how to gauge your response and show reasonable interest, so the hunter still has an incentive to continually pursue his prey. By playing hard to get, the author likely meant those women who usually act like Naija girls in the 90s, girls who are clearly interested in a guy but for some strange reason, however nonsensical, feel compelled to rebuff the guy's advances, some to the point of being overtly disrespectful to the guy, but later lament when the guy ceases to advance his pursuits. That behavior, in my opinion, is senseless; but, hey, it may make sense to some women.

2 Likes

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by justwise(m): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2009
IgboGirl:

LOL

It gets annoying when these guys refer to money gazillion times like we don't make our own money.

I know one like that, she got a good job, nice house but begs my mate for trian ticket. I mean, my mate was shocked when he saw her bank statement. Some girls can't help it.

1 Like

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by bolanleodu: 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2009
most people here are just absolutely stupid
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by justwise(m): 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2009
IgboGirl:

Girls richer than guys[b] only want the guys to provide for them just to know that the guy can actually stand up to the occassion[/b]. Rich girls don't depend on guys all the time and besides, i don't call it depending if the girl can actually afford whatever it is she wants the guy to get for her. Being dependent is when you totally rely on a guy and having no means to provide for yourself financially.
You men ride on this dependent bus way too often that your logics have been clouded.

Yes u can do that maybe 2-3times if u want to know if he can stand up and be counted but when it becomes a habit then the issue of dependency comes in.
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by ezme(m): 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
IgboGirl:

Why do most of you Nigerian men always bring up the issue of money when dealing with girls, talking about using money to get a girl? Which money will yall use to woo a girl? Your tuition money? Or your rent money? Some of you making this bogus claims about money are probably still in school, so where is that money you have that can make a girl fall for u? If you have a career then good but how much is your salary? Do you men really think you can afford a girl's expenses?

Seriously, some of you Nigerian men need to think twice before making claims about money. Can you buy gucci, christian louboutin, prada, yves saint laurent etc for a girl? With that chicken change some of you are making as your salaries I doubt that. Taking a girl out to a restaurant does not qualify as spending money on a girl. Besides, what gives you men the impression that yall have more money than us women?

I don't know how the girls in Nigeria are acting but some of us Nigerian girls abroad do not give a damn about your money. None of you can afford my shoes muchless the handbags I carry and I don't rely on a man to buy them for me

Don't come here and talk about things you only see on TV,
prada nii Gucci ko

1 Like

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by IgboGirl(f): 9:07pm On Oct 08, 2009
ezme:

Don't come here and talk about things you only see on TV,
prada nii Gucci ko

The fact that you've never been in contact with a designer anything doesn't mean others are like you.
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by bolanleodu: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2009
an appalling display of ignorance

1 Like

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by Holesher(m): 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2009
What is in it for a girl to say yes, unlike me who is not that handsome, very truthful and stingy, I was wondering whether
anyone of them will say yes. It was a battle cos all of them continue to say no! But when I worked on myself no how to present my point
a lot of them are in my harem. saying they will kill themselves if I dont marry them.

Now am still searching like prince of samanda (Eddie Murphy Coming to America) looking for a 17 yr old virgin as Kanu did
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by ezme(m): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
IgboGirl:

The fact that you've never been in contact with a designer anything doesn't mean others are like you.

Thats why your sisters from your end of 9ja  over here go about forming big girls. Wanting to go to places they won't take themselves to on their own.
no be for here you take dey list designers,your comment doesn't confirm that you have them.The fact you know about them does not mean you have some in your closet

1 Like

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by maipeople(m): 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2009
justwise: I like ur posts in this great forum.
Keep it UUUUUp ; grin grin
Long time no see how u dey.
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by Obalende: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2009
different strokes for different folks.

babes play hard to get 4 different reasons including:
i.) low self esteem babes use it to feel better about themselves when they play hard to get for a guy or shoot d guy down.
ii.) to test a guys interestt level - normally used by more psychologically balanced babes.
iii.) to make a guy infatuated - for female followers of the book "The Rules".
iv.) to say a polite no similar to "il think about it"

amongst others.

Obalende PhD Datology (San Francisco)

1 Like

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by justwise(m): 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2009
maipeople:

justwise: I like your posts in this great forum.
Keep it UUUUUp ; grin grin
Long time no see how u dey.

I'm good, are u somebody i know b4 with a new ID? Cos i don't think i know this ID
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2009
The tried and tested solution to girls palaver is this:

Power,Influence and Success

To achieve all these,a man must be on top of his game,good dresser,confident,and an achiever.

First seek for these attributes i mentioned,then wait ,the girls will come on their own.It is true money attracts women.Women seek for security in a partner.Guys who are loaded and know how to play their game,don't necessarily have to spend too much on women.Its their attributes that draw the girls.

The truth is that only 20% of men fall into these category,and 80% of women are chasing these guys.These guys are the players,the rest are ass-kissers.

1 Like

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by chienigma(f): 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2009
Na u sabi! grin
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by Sauron1: 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2009
eina:

To make the story short, if you are a guy chyking any girl and she doesn't reciprocate after you have shown some seriousness , quickly end the episode and forget about the girl. Theres this girl that told me how she regretted losing a guy she admired so much while playing hard to get, after the guy has shown up consistently. I guess shes learnt her lesson to limit the shakara time. Guys should stop wasting too much time on girls.

Secondly, some guys are fond of chasing after women just for the fun of it even when the already have a girl. Girls have been spoilt by frequent wooing from guys, therefore they can easily reject a guy and hope that a better dude will appear tomorrow. Guys should stop giving girls too much attention which makes their head swell so much and compels them to be insulting at times. When a girl has stayed for 1 year and no guy has come around, she will have a rethink.

This idea is definitely difficult for guys to put in practice. But the hidden truth is, when the attention of guys towards the girls decreases, there will be a subsequent increase in attention and curiosity of girls towards guys. Newton said to every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. It doesn't apply to physics alone, romance is also included. GIRLS BELIEVE THE ARE NOT CHEAP, LET US SHOW THEM THAT GUYS ARE NOT CHEAP TOO.

This is so hilarious!!!
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by hasyak(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2009
@igbogirl,

am sure u dont mean what u say about women and money, infact the most people wit this habit r u undecided

confirmed

1 Like

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by IgboGirl(f): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
ezme:

Thats why your sisters from your end of 9ja over here go about forming big girls. Wanting to go to places they won't take themselves to on their own.
no be for here you take dey list designers,your comment doesn't confirm that you have them.The fact you know about them does not mean you have some in your closet

Oh waoh! Really? Good observation!
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by IgboGirl(f): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2009
hasyak:

@igbogirl,

am sure u dont mean what u say about women and money, infact the most people wit this habit r u undecided

confirmed

And the most people with your habit of always making noise about money are the ones that have few nairas or dollars in their bank account.

You men are really desperate to have girls depend on you for money! In case you haven't realized women are the ones making the money this days and even bringing the bacon home. So yall should stop yarning that dust about using money to get a girl. How much do you or any of the guys making noise about money have that can make a girl weak?

The only girls that will lower themselves to depend on a man financially are the lazy ones with no ambition and no self worth. And lets not also forget about the lazy Nigerian men
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by sped1oro(m): 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2009
there is no special theory or ways to get any girl that proves hard,it depends on circumstances cool
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by onijogbon(m): 10:45pm On Oct 08, 2009
Holesher:

What is in it for a girl to say yes, unlike me who is not that handsome, very truthful and stingy, I was wondering whether
anyone of them will say yes. It was a battle cos all of them continue to say no! But when I worked on myself no how to present my point
a lot of them are in my harem. saying they will kill themselves if I dont marry them.

Now am still searching like prince of samanda (Eddie Murphy Coming to America) looking for a 17 yr old virgin as Kanu did

lwkmd! nna na Zamunda no be Samanda o. 

i guess the yanky accent wey dem use sound like yoruba to you.

haba! yoruba ko now!

e remain small sef make you call Samanja  grin
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by brauneyes: 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2009
IgboGirl:

Why do most of you Nigerian men always bring up the issue of money when dealing with girls, talking about using money to get a girl? Which money will yall use to woo a girl? Your tuition money? Or your rent money? Some of you making this bogus claims about money are probably still in school, so where is that money you have that can make a girl fall for u? If you have a career then good but how much is your salary? Do you men really think you can afford a girl's expenses?

Seriously, some of you Nigerian men need to think twice before making claims about money. Can you buy gucci, christian louboutin, prada, yves saint laurent etc for a girl? With that chicken change some of you are making as your salaries I doubt that. Taking a girl out to a restaurant does not qualify as spending money on a girl. Besides, what gives you men the impression that yall have more money than us women?

I don't know how the girls in Nigeria are acting but some of us Nigerian girls abroad do not give a damn about your money. None of you can afford my shoes muchless the handbags I carry and I don't rely on a man to buy them for me.
@poster   iam a man and i not only wear Gucci, Prada and Co. i own them (i.e) i own Gucci , Prada and LV shares and the more you convince your man to buy these stuff for you  the better for my stock on those companies.
Come to think of it, i as a man will not buy designer stuff for a girl who does not know what there are, talk about putting lipstick on a pig.
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by IgboGirl(f): 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2009
brauneyes:

@poster   iam a man and i not only wear Gucci, Prada and Co. i own them (i.e) i own Gucci , Prada and LV shares and the more you convince your man to buy these stuff for you  the better for my stock on those companies.
Come to think of it, i as a man will not buy designer stuff for a girl who does not know what there are, talk about putting lipstick on a pig.

What girl doesn't know what designers are? Some girls may not afford them but that doesn't mean they don't know what they are. Seriously, what sorts of girls are you men wooing? lmao! Truth be told we girls know designers better than you guys. However, not every girl is designer crazy!
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by JijiInc: 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2009
If she plays hard to get, and finally say yes to u, Bleep her harder to make up for all the trouble
Haven't you heard some girls moan ''f**k me harder'' during sex. I guess you will be doing her so much good by doing it harder cos she will enjoy it the more.

Na lie, it is the plain truth. Man if you get game and money, chicks go dey run after you. That is money to spare, no be to give and dey withdraw after that.

Another alternative na wetin dem dey call wash wash. Show the chick all the Effize, spend some money and after you don sample run crazily.

Babes, I dey wait for una response o!
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by honsule(m): 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2009
OpeLovely:

But any woman that knows her value/worth will not easily succumb to a man because most men think with their third legs.

Blunt pontification smiley smiley
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by guvna(m): 11:51pm On Oct 08, 2009
Interesting topic, I have actually come to notice that many of these girls playing hard to get are usaully the ones with nothing to offer after all. They are only putting up a from MAJORITY of the time. Check them and u'll see them - emptyness !!

1 Like

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by greateliso(m): 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ poster, i agree with u
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by whiteroses(f): 12:14am On Oct 09, 2009
poster is a genius its happened to me before he thinks i'm cute and i wasnt gonna come accross as easy of course so i started playing hard to get, if  you see the way he just blanked me and walked away shocked worst day of my life! well i wasnt going to agree with him cos i had a bf but it belittled me, my inflated ego foofed out instantly lol
however a guy is notgonna get a girl if he cant tolerate a girl that plays hard to get tho its what we do cos if otherwise you'd say we are easy

1 Like

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by davidif: 12:26am On Oct 09, 2009
@poster

Girls are like buses
Miss one, next 15 one comin’
- Gucci Mane
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by davidif: 12:32am On Oct 09, 2009
How can you possibly value a girl if she comes so easy.

Guys pretend that they hate chasing women too much. And they are the same guys that boast when they have gotten ''an easy one''.

opelovely
[size=18pt]BEING NICE AND FRIENDLY IS NOT THE SAME THING AS BEING EASY.[/size]

Naija girls think that being snubbish, stuck up and condescending is so cool, its no wonder a lot of naija boys run after oyinbo girls. In naija, even the ugly girls even act snubbish (CAN YOU IMAGINE?).
By the way, opelovely, let me give you the best advice someone might give you, NOT A LOT OF GUYS ARE PURSUERS, IF YOU TURN THEM DOWN ONCE, THEY WOULD NEVER, EVER, EVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN.

The hottest oyinbo chick that i ever saw was soooooooo nice and friendly when i spoke to her, she didn't give me that cold, blank, condescending stare that most naija girls would give you.
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by dipo2much(m): 12:36am On Oct 09, 2009
whiteroses:

poster is a genius its happened to me before he thinks i'm cute and i wasnt gonna come accross as easy of course so i started playing hard to get, if you see the way he just blanked me and walked away shocked worst day of my life! well i wasnt going to agree with him cos i had a bf but it belittled me, my inflated ego foofed out instantly lol
however a guy is notgonna get a girl if he cant tolerate a girl that plays hard to get tho its what we do cos if otherwise you'd say we are easy

True,but sometimes girls overplay it.
My wife began to give me positive responses only after I told her "lets forget about it,since you havent shown interest all this while" Ofccourse,i didnt want to forget anything. After that day,she began to relate like I wanted. Maybe we wouldnt be what we are today if I didnt treathen to be loosing interest smiley

1 Like

Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by Czarskit(m): 12:47am On Oct 09, 2009
Solo. . . grin
Re: A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' by Czarskit(m): 12:51am On Oct 09, 2009
davidif:

@poster

Girls are like buses
Miss one, next 15 one comin’
- Gucci Mane

That ugly dude!!! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How A UK-Based Man Proposed To His Makeup Artist Girlfriend In Lagos (Photos) / Ladies, You May Not Get A Man If You Exhibit These Attributes / A Nairalander Just Proposed, Show Some Love Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.