Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,310 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence (8793 Views)

Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / The Bible Is Fiction: A Collection Of Evidence / Proof Of God's Existence Found , That Kind Of Evidence !!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2016
blueAgent:

Clown . the funny thing is that.the people who said the Universe is fine tuned are Scientists and Nobel award winners. who know better than me and you. including Athiest Stephen Hawkings.

Did God create Hurricane to be destructive .No sin brought all this to Humanity
Earth is not the only planet which suffers the batterings of hurricane. Jupiter's red spot is a hurricane that has battered the planet for many years and hurricanes on earth do not match that on Jupiter, so would you say that sin brought such catastrophe to Jupiter? I am a theist btw, so do not quote me wrong....
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 22, 2016
johnydon22:

I admire you a lot, you and dorox seem to be the most reasonable Christians i know of here and i've hoped on addressing your topic immediately i saw it was you.

I am going to write a very long comprehensive reply with the utmost objectivity i can offer.

But permit brother to do that in my thread "Songs Of the world" i'm going to quote your question and carefully tender my own thoughts on it - my reply to this thread will form a chapter of it's on in my work "Songs of the worlds"

Sure, go on. I am coming also to participate in that thread. It's been quite long. I am coming over.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 22, 2016
ValentineMary:

I agree with Johnnydon22. Engaging u would be a total waste of time.

Please try to avoid him. He has only shot himself by not knowing that Jupiter suffers from earthquakes even more than earth. He probably doesn't know that Mars has frozen water or that there are exo-planets with the chance of harboring living matter. Let's just continue our discussions amicably and shun every uproar or chinwags. So, I have seen your premise and there are lots of logic driven by facts in what you posted up there. All of what you vouched for have only occured in spacetime. Stars with large masses than our sun have gone supernova and imploded into infinite singularities due to a compression of matter. But our sun is not a large enough star to become a blackhole and would only become a white dwarf should it go supernova, so wouldn't such facet account for the fact that our sphere in the universe was specially made? Your thoughts please......

donnffd raphieMontella ifenes weah96.. Please what are your views on this?
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 11:24am On Sep 22, 2016
johnydon22:

Our aim should be to establish objective truths not base our conviction over what "makes us feel good or loved"

The truth should not matter whether it makes you feel good or not - what matters is that it is the truth.

It is sinister for you to propose a mode of deduction based on your emotions and need to be loved.

objective truth is above that platform

Bro, it's been established that GOD exists. How? The same way it's been established that "jealousy" exists.

LOL. GOD loves me so much He gave His only begotten Son to redeem me. What can separate me from His love? NOTHING!
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2016
johnydon22:

Just like you can disprove he doesn't have a golden pig he talks to right now in his room.

Can you?

Why is it that you all don't really check to see how ridiculous your assertions sounds before posting them.

Wrong premise. Who now checks his write-ups before posting?
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 11:28am On Sep 22, 2016
ValentineMary:

[i] Wait a sec, u said a creator exist and I asked what's ur evidence. And u provided none but u just went ahead to say I should disprove what u have not proved. U brought this claim, and u should prove it for anyone to take u serious. Imaging this scenario

I stand before a science conference and say "I have discovered that Bleep gene is responsible for GTP synthesis" and an older scientist ask me to prove it and show evidence. Instead of me to prove it, I went ahead to tell the scientist to disprove it.

That's just how u sound

Bro look at it this way: I tell you I have jealousy in my heart. Can you disprove it? Or can you ask me for a proof that I have jealousy in my heart?

Yet, look sincerely all around you: everything testifies to the existence and benevolence of GOD.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by johnydon22(m): 11:34am On Sep 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Bro, it's been established that GOD exists. How? The same way it's been established that "jealousy" exists.

You got it very correctly - God exists just like Jealousy, Jealousy is an emotion not a being, not an entity.

Therefore just like "Jealousy" "God" is also not a thing, not a being nor entity but an emotion, your emotional projection..

You solidified your words here
DoctorAlien:

Bro look at it this way: I tell you I have jealousy in my heart. Can you disprove it? Or can you ask me for a proof that I have jealousy in my heart?

Just like your "Jealousy" is your emotion so also is your "God"

Thank you my brother, you've done good. . . The best part is that you said it yourself not me.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 11:44am On Sep 22, 2016
johnydon22:

You got it very correctly - God exists just like Jealousy, Jealousy is an emotion not a being, not an entity.

Therefore just like "Jealousy" "God" is also not a thing, not a being nor entity but an emotion, your emotional projection..

You solidified your words here

Just like your "Jealousy" is your emotion so is also your "God"

Thank you my brother, you've done good. . . The best part is that you said it yourself not me.

I'm happy you accepted that GOD exists. Now I tell you that GOD lives in my heart. He is an entity. He talks to me and He directs me. I hear Him speak.

Can an emotion speak? Can an emotion direct? Can an emotion caution?
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by johnydon22(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I'm happy you accepted that GOD exists. Now I tell you that GOD lives in my heart. He talks to me and He directs me. I hear Him speak.

What now is your problem?

I have no problem at all i am quite happy about your openess in clarifying your belief.

Jealousy = emotion [a neurological projection of the human brain]

Since to you God is established just like emotion it means.

God = emotion

Therefore Jealousy and God are of same essence and not an entity...

You have done marvelously well - Have fun worshipping God [your emotion]

3 Likes

Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by Weah96: 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Yet, look sincerely all around you: everything testifies to the existence and benevolence of GOD.

Jealousy is a human emotion. And I'm pretty sure that it doesn't reside in your heart but your brain. You only feel your heart because it beats FASTER when you're jealous.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1147525/The-green-eyed-monster-lives-brain-Scientists-discover-jealousy-lobe.html
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
Weah96:

Jealousy is a human emotion. And I'm pretty sure that it doesn't reside in your heart but your brain. You only feel your heart because it beats FASTER when you're jealous.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1147525/The-green-eyed-monster-lives-brain-Scientists-discover-jealousy-lobe.html

If I'm jealous of my friends academic success, my heart does not beat faster.

And when I say heart, I don't mean the organ beating in my chest. Moreover, you cannot find jealousy in my brain.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by ifenes(m): 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Please try to avoid him. He has only shot himself by not knowing that Jupiter suffers from earthquakes even more than earth. He probably doesn't know that Mars has frozen water or that there are exo-planets with the chance of harboring living matter. Let's just continue our discussions amicably and shun every uproar or chinwags. So, I have seen your premise and there are lots of logic driven by facts in what you posted up there. All of what you vouched for have only occured in spacetime. Stars with large masses than our sun have gone supernova and imploded into infinite singularities due to a compression of matter. But our sun is not a large enough star to become a blackhole and would only become a white dwarf should it go supernova, so wouldn't such facet account for the fact that our sphere in the universe was specially made? Your thoughts please......

If is bible doesn't say it he won't believe it. It's best to ignore him. He probably thinks his god created Mars

3 Likes

Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
johnydon22:

I have no problem at all i am quite happy about your openess in clarifying your belief.

Jealousy = emotion [a neurological projection of the human brain]

Since to you God is established just like emotion it means.

God = emotion

Therefore Jealousy and God are of same essence and not an entity...

You have done marvelously well - Have fun worshipping God [your emotion]

Most faulty logic. Because Quantum theory is established just like double circulation in humans, does it mean Quantum theory = double circulation?

Your syllogism is not only faulty, but also laughable.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by yorhmienerd(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Most faulty logic. Because Quantum theory is established just like double circulation in humans, does it mean Quantum theory = double circulation?

Your syllogism is not only faulty, but also laughable.
Nice one
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by raphieMontella: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
johnydon22:

Just like you can disprove he doesn't have a golden pig he talks to right now in his room.

Can you?

Why is it that you all don't really check to see how ridiculous your assertions sounds before posting them.
i swear theres no difference between them and kids who talk with(to) imaginary friends
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by raphieMontella: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
johnydon22:

I admire you a lot, you and dorox seem to be the most reasonable Christians i know of here and i've hoped on addressing your topic immediately i saw it was you.

I am going to write a very long comprehensive reply with the utmost objectivity i can offer.

But permit brother to do that in my thread "Songs Of the world" i'm going to quote your question and carefully tender my own thoughts on it - my reply to this thread will form a chapter of it's on in my work "Songs of the worlds"
and oubenji...another reasonable christian
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by raphieMontella: 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2016
lordnicklaus:

the sun may not have enough mass to become a white dwarf..but its going to become a red giant...which is also not cool..
Its increase in size would engulf mercury,,,venus and possibly earth..
But if it doesnt engulf earth..having a super-massive hot ''friend'' at close range is not so ''chilly''..
Either way..the sun will still bleep earth.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by ValentineMary(m): 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Jealously is a personal feeling and only you can know if u feel that way or not. But when u say a God made me, you are no longer keeping it personal rather u are forcing a belief on me. And all I ask is proof.

Everything like hurricane, tusnami, HIV/AIDS, solar flares, etc. Waw he is so benevolent.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
ValentineMary:

Jealously is a personal feeling and only you can know if u feel that way or not. But when u say a God made me, you are no longer keeping it personal rather u are forcing a belief on me. And all I ask is proof.

Everything like hurricane, tusnami, HIV/AIDS, solar flares, etc. Waw he is so benevolent.

Bro, whether you believe it or not, you were created by GOD. You will still give account of how you lived your life here on earth to Him.

You neither know who GOD is nor do you know what He had in mind for man. Disasters and diseases were never part of His creation. Sin entered and brought with it disease and disaster and death. GOD's perfect creation was marred.

Good news, however, is that things will not always be this way. GOD will destroy evil and evildoers, and then restore creation to its original state.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by ValentineMary(m): 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Hmmm interesting. But there are billions of yellow dwarf stars like the Sun with planets orbiting them which would also not form a supernova or blackhole. Would u agree they are also special

I think our body chemistry adapted to the earth's condition making it uncomfortable for it. But if aliens exist and they come to earth, they might not live more than 15 sec. So my take on this is that our place is not special. We just evolved to adapt.

1 Like

Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by butterfly88(m): 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Bro, whether you believe it or not, you were created by GOD. You will still give account of how you lived your life here on earth to Him.

You neither know who GOD is nor do you know what He had in mind for man. Disasters and diseases were never part of His creation. Sin entered and brought with it disease and disaster and death. GOD's perfect creation was marred.

Good news, however, is that things will not always be this way. GOD will destroy evil and evildoers, and then restore creation to its original state.
I don't get you...is this God imperfect,and not all-knowing as we proclaim?
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
butterfly88:
I don't get you...is this God imperfect,and not all-knowing as we proclaim?

GOD is perfect and all-knowing. Even before He created the world, He made a provision should sin enter it. That provision is Jesus Christ. The Bible calls Him the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Rev. 13:8.

GOD made a provision for man should he sin. That is how much He loves man.

GOD could have stamped out sin when it came up but the only reason why GOD allowed sin to play out its effects fully is to vindicate His righteous character. By the time it would be all over, it would have been clear to the whole universe that rebellion against GOD=disaster and disease and death.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by ValentineMary(m): 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Like seriously u gave zero evidence for ur claim and u still feel it is proper to push it on people did I say God does not exist I only said give me evidence. Which u failed to give and u want me to believe you Are u sure u are not blueagent ?

You speak just like blueagent @ bolded. How can u say that it shows u are inconsiderate and selfish. What of the 2 month old baby that died of AIDS in Uganda or the 3 year old killed by the tsunami what sin did they commit Religious fanatics like you are very insensitive and wicked. How can any sane human take u serious ?

Now this is laughable as well as senseless. It is so senseless that it does not deserve a reply.

1 Like

Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by ValentineMary(m): 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

GOD is perfect and all-knowing. Even before He created the world, He made a provision should sin enter it. That provision is Jesus Christ. The Bible calls Him the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Rev. 13:8.

GOD could have stamped out sin when it came up but the only reason why GOD allowed sin to play out its effects fully is to vindicate His righteous character. By the time it would be all over, it would have been clear to the whole universe that rebellion against GOD=disaster and disease and death.

I hope u know the 2 bold text contradict?
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2016
ValentineMary:

Like seriously u gave zero evidence for ur claim and u still feel it is proper to push it on people did I say God does not exist I only said give me evidence. Which u failed to give and u want me to believe you Are u sure u are not blueagent?

You speak just like blueagent @ bolded. How can u say that it shows u are inconsiderate and selfish. What of the 2 month old baby that died of AIDS in Uganda or the 3 year old killed by the tsunami what sin did they commit Religious fanatics like you are very insensitive and wicked. How can any sane human take u serious?

Now this is laughable as well as senseless. It is so senseless that it does not deserve a reply.

Bro, I said whether you like it or not, GOD created you. It's just like asking your mother for an evidence that she gave birth to you.

How am I inconsiderate and selfish? What about me is inconsiderate or selfish?
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by butterfly88(m): 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

GOD could have stamped out sin when it came up but the only reason why GOD allowed sin to play out its effects fully is to vindicate Hisa righteous character. By the time it would be all over, it would have been clear to the whole universe that rebellion against GOD=disaster and disease and death.
so who marred God's creation if he was the one who designed it as he wanted it,, soo because he loved us so much he gave us provision to sin?

and after words he hard to slay a lamb " himself" to appease himself for the sins he created by himself?....what kind of perfect designer is this, is this how a knowledgeable being should act?

please throw more light

Also if rebellion against GOD is the reason for such plagues why do the innocent and sometimes the child with no sin suffer?
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by ValentineMary(m): 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Bro, I said whether you like it or not, GOD created you. It's just like asking your mother for an evidence that she gave birth to you.

How am I inconsiderate and selfish? What about me is inconsiderate or selfish?
I thought I was arguing with a smart person.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
ValentineMary:

I hope u know the 2 bold text contradict?

How are they contradictory?

GOD could have done it the forceful way by stamping out sin when it reared up its ugly head. However, GOD's righteous and self-sacrificing character would have been in question. It could have been argued that He demanded obedience by force.

GOD wants us to obey Him because we've found out that obedience to Him is the best option. Surely, sin is destined for destruction. However, GOD wanted everybody to see that their safety is guaranteed only by their willful obedience to Him. The terrible things we see in the world today are effects of disobedience to GOD.

To save man from sin and the destruction waiting for it, He gave His only begotten Son. That is love.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
butterfly88:
so who marred God's creation if he was the one who designed it as he wanted it,, soo because he loved us so much he gave us provision to sin?

and after words he hard to slay a lamb " himself" to appease himself for the sins he created by himself?....what kind of perfect designer is this, is this how a knowledgeable being should act?

please throw more light

Also if rebellion against GOD is the reason for such plagues why do the innocent and sometimes the child with no sin suffer?

Satan rebelled against GOD in Heaven. He is the origin of sin.

I never said GOD made provision for us to sin. GOD made a provision to save us from sin.

GOD never created sin. Pride in the heart of Satan led him to rebel against GOD. When GOD saw He was unrepentant, He was cast out from Heaven, and his doom was sealed.

Evil and sorrow and disease and death are part of our world today because sin exists. When GOD makes all things new, all these things won't be there.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by DoctorAlien(m): 2:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
ValentineMary:

I thought I was arguing with a smart person.

You may call me whatever you want. However, that does not change the Word of GOD, neither does it change the fate of sinners.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2016
ifenes:

If is bible doesn't say it he won't believe it. It's best to ignore him. He probably thinks his god created Mars
I am a theist tho but I just wanna reason beyond the quotations of sacred text or relic.
Re: A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence by butterfly88(m): 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Satan rebelled against GOD in Heaven. He is the origin of sin.

I never said GOD made provision for us to sin. GOD made a provision to save us from sin.

GOD never created sin. Pride in the heart of Satan led him to rebel against GOD. When GOD saw He was unrepentant, He was cast out from Heaven, and his doom was sealed.

Evil and sorrow and disease and death are part of our world today because sin exists. When GOD makes all things new, all these things won't be there.
1st if God is all knowing he should have know that Satan will rebel and cause unrepairable damages..then he shouldn't have created Satan in the 1st instant

2nd -you said pride in Satan,who created pride?

3rd- God never created sin,who did? is there another creator other than god?

4th- so who should we blame? Satan or his creator?

Owk assuming I'm a scientist I want to create something, and I knew before hand that my invention will cause a lot of trouble for the future generations,but I did invent it nevertheless

now if such a thing kills say million who should blamed? the invention or the inventor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? / Kinds Of Spiritual Garments / What Christianity Teaches! God Hate Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.