Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,437 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? (25988 Views)

If An Igbo Becomes The President Tomorrow, Will They Want Biafra? / Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" / We Are Elected To Pad Budget – Abiodun Olasupo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by berrystunn(m): 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
orbitriz:
l like your views but before all those things I will fix power first because power is the key the gears industrialisation and small scale businesses, I tell you if Nigeria has steady power today will out of recession before you know it.

With corruption in place you can't fix power.
Is not going to last...
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
ba7man:
I'll create a public holiday where corrupt Politicians will be publicly stripped naked and flogged on NTA with the national anthem on repeat in the background.

Their supporters too will be lashed on tv till 4pm before cartoons and soap operas take over.

They'll be a repeat broadcast at night.

Thank you.
normally i dont laugh to nl jokes but this caught me off guard,ah swear ur a basterd hahahahah...National anthem like when Abacha wants to dictate one decree back then,them go put coat of arm and Federal Military Govt Flag

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by alt3r3g0: 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
DjAndroid:
FIRST, I WILL MAKE POLITICAL OFFICE BE AT PAR WITH CIVIL SERVICE. EVERY POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDER WILL BE IN A CERTAIN GRADE LEVEL AS THE CIVIL SERVANTS WITH THEIR SALARY STRUCTURE. THIS WILL MAKE POLITICS NON-LUCRATIVE.

How will you achieve this as RMAFC that determines their salary is not under the control of the president in the democratic setting?
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Ripama: 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2016
[quote author=AntiWailer It will be exciting to see how people who call Buhari a Dullard will run the nation.

Some one want to print plenty money . grin grin

Zimbabwe loading.

These are the kind of people we argue with on the state of economy ? I see.

Sm1 dt can neither plan a successful wedding or programme nor run a successful business if given capital. Pathetic!

Read the comments and you will see why this generation is a waste

[/quote]
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Abolaji84(m): 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
i will start with cashless policy, reduce political aids,electronics bidding,diversify economy,reduce unemploy. 08057582306
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by bim25: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
1. Slash salary and allowances of president and vice by 60%: president and vice president should earn like civil servants, so I will start with myself by slashing not just my monthly salary but all salaries and allowances/entitlements, including easta code abi easter codeine lol

2. Implement federalism whereby each state controls and manages her resources and remits 30% to the federal/central government which will be used to tackle national security/boundary security watch, immigration, foreign affairs, etc

3. Privatise every federal government owned asset or business such that government will only become a regulatory body and not management. This will bring efficiency among government workers, and curb corruption in government offices

4. Make sure most government handled activities are computerized such that they will be done mostly by electronic; especially cash handling to reduce corruption and bribery

5. Ban cattle grazzing and find effective ways to improve cattle rearing such that we will have more ranches for cattle herders.....and have more Nigerians go into farming by making farming lucrative and attractive using farm mechanization and improved security for Nigerian farmers

6. Implement State Policing:
every state must have their own Police.

7. Scrap state of origin: all Nigerians are equal and the same no matter their state of origin.

8. All political office or post must be made unattractive such that they will earn very meagre salary and allowances so people will stop clamoring to go into politics to make money or to fight poverty. If you want to be a millionaire, go and start a company, invent something or develop a new business idea and don't ever think about going into politics to make money because political offices and posts will earn even lesser than school principals!

9. No politician or his/her children/spouse/immediate relative will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year the moment you are elected or appointed into office. They will submit their travel documents to a special Federal Police Team to enforce strict travel monitoring for all politicians!

10. Increase tax for the rich: if you are worth more than 1billion naira, then you will pay 35% higher tax. To reduce your tax, open more companies, farms, businesses and employ more people so that the more people you employ, the lesser the tax you will pay as a rich person.

11. Tax religious bodies: churches, mosques, shrines, juju houses, all must be registered and must pay tax to the government. The higher your revenue, the higher your tax.....to reduce your tax, build schools and make it free, open companies and employ Nigerians, then you will pay less tax as a Church or Mosque

12. Life jail for any political office holder found guilty of corruption: [/b]35 years jail term for any corrupt practices no matter how small

[b]13. Reduce number of senators and reps:
there will only be 36 senators and 102 (3 per state) reps, and their salary/allowance cannot exceed 1 million naira only! No senator, rep, commissioner, perm sec, etc will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year. Same with their children, spouses, immediate relatives. So before you think of becoming a senator/rep/commissioner/etc you will think it well and know that you are only going to serve and not to make money!

Well thought ideas...keep it up

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by MRBODMAS(m): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
ba7man:
I'll create a public holiday where corrupt Politicians will be publicly stripped naked and flogged on NTA with the national anthem on repeat in the background.

Their supporters too will be lashed on tv till 4pm before cartoons and soap operas take over.

They'll be a repeat broadcast at night.

Thank you.

Lolz. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Amhatu(m): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
First have a Emergency working Budget outside of the National budget so the Presidency can act immediately with the economic team for immediate attention areas.

Make way for national forum to Bring Nigeria back into Regions + leave the American style governorship which is not suitable for Nigeria.
This would mean the current president or emergency president will have to suspend elections because its not viable to have elections when basic infrastructure is not in place.
All Regions or newly established regions must meet at every instance when the Emergency President has meetings.

Nigeria needs a Prime Minister and a longer term presidency because it is a developing country and has not the luxury of being a democracy while at present only a few benefit from
what is a so called economy.

4. At all cost the Niger Delta must be cleaned up and all companies contracts in Niger Delta must be renegotiated under the Regional Government in Niger Delta.

5. NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation) must be abolished and reorganized as The Nigerian Development Society to overlook development Projects in Nigeria.

6. All businesses from all regions must Pay one Flat Tax so the FCT (Federal Capital Territory) can be funded to carry out its governmental duties.

note: regions with lower tax revenue must get priority business investment rather than overcrowded places like Lagos State and similar overpopulated areas.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Phranex(m): 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
1. Slash salary and allowances of president and vice by 60%: president and vice president should earn like civil servants, so I will start with myself by slashing not just my monthly salary but all salaries and allowances/entitlements, including easta code abi easter codeine lol

2. Implement federalism whereby each state controls and manages her resources and remits 30% to the federal/central government which will be used to tackle national security/boundary security watch, immigration, foreign affairs, etc

3. Privatise every federal government owned asset or business such that government will only become a regulatory body and not management. This will bring efficiency among government workers, and curb corruption in government offices

4. Make sure most government handled activities are computerized such that they will be done mostly by electronic; especially cash handling to reduce corruption and bribery

5. Ban cattle grazzing and find effective ways to improve cattle rearing such that we will have more ranches for cattle herders.....and have more Nigerians go into farming by making farming lucrative and attractive using farm mechanization and improved security for Nigerian farmers

7. Scrap state of origin: all Nigerians are equal and the same no matter their state of origin.

8. All political office or post must be made unattractive such that they will earn very meagre salary and allowances so people will stop clamoring to go into politics to make money or to fight poverty. If you want to be a millionaire, go and start a company, invent something or develop a new business idea and don't ever think about going into politics to make money because political offices and posts will earn even lesser than school principals!

9. No politician or his/her children/spouse/immediate relative will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year the moment you are elected or appointed into office. They will submit their travel documents to a special Federal Police Team to enforce strict travel monitoring for all politicians!

10. Increase tax for the rich: if you are worth more than 1billion naira, then you will pay 35% higher tax. To reduce your tax, open more companies, farms, businesses and employ more people so that the more people you employ, the lesser the tax you will pay as a rich person.

11. Tax religious bodies: churches, mosques, shrines, juju houses, all must be registered and must pay tax to the government. The higher your revenue, the higher your tax.....to reduce your tax, build schools and make it free, open companies and employ Nigerians, then you will pay less tax as a Church or Mosque

12. Life jail for any political office holder found guilty of corruption: [/b]35 years jail term for any corrupt practices no matter how small

there will only be 36 senators and 102 (3 per state) reps, and their salary/allowance cannot exceed 1 million naira only! No senator, rep, commissioner, perm sec, etc will be allowed to travel out of Nigeria twice in a year. Same with their children, spouses, immediate relatives. So before you think of becoming a senator/rep/commissioner/etc you will think it well and know that you are only going to serve and not to make money!

Are you a member of new Nigeria vanguard

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by yemisat: 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
Dejiih001:
We no dey print money again for CBN?

At first I will ensure no one has more than a certain amount of money ( Maybe #10M ) and anyone that does have more than that my government will take it all from them and I will make much funds available for through common man by making all businesses viable so that it will suppress everybody hunger and taste for greed.

Also from the gathered money will I spend 50% on local SME's and Agriculture most importantly.

I will give all the governors altimatum of 60 days to pay up all outstanding salaries of their workers buy giving them enough bail out fund + henceforth any Governors that owns any salary above a month will be removed { that will be a quick bill to be passed}

I will implement PI Bill so that Niger delatans will be actively involved in the oil business.

I will encourage grazing for herdsmen.

And finally open an online suggestions box for every Nigerians to know what truly they want because our senators, members of reps and ministers are just figure head.

Good day.
Ehn ehn, with Saraki, Dogara and co in existence. you are finished bcoz you can't last on the throne
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by UchaNwababa: 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
wizzyrich:
If I were elected to save Nigeria, I'll simply de.vide the country.

Reasons: the country was created based on fraud and also, nothing has worked since we gained independence till date.
My Brother i will Support u.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by ahamonyeka(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:

As the President? Are you sure they won't tag you 'Ahamonyeka the tyrant'?
it does not concern me .
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Antighaita(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
reduction of salaries of all political office holders. industrialization.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Rilwayne001: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
prettyboi1989:
what ama do
1) sack all the national assembly and house of rep members.
the ajaokuta plant and they will be required to pay a percentage of their profit to the government.

The president doesn't have the power to sack the legislators undecided
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Ade3000yrs(m): 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
To me, 99% of responses to these threads are most likely a luxury of blunder emanating from an untamed freedom of speech. What I will do, is very simple without needs for ambiguous mechanism.

When a country has been running in darkness for 60yrs with total neglect for its educational system, you should most certainly expect to get zero result has it is only in the movies and dream world that you build a castle in the air. For Solution, I will go to the root to nip the problem in the bud, as we Africans and Nigerians are overly stereo typed.

It is so bad today that when I look at An Average Nigerian Professor and PhD holder today, I see illiteracy written all over him. It is pathetic that we Nigerians abuse the essence and significance of Education. I hate it when pple address and hide themselves behind the obscurity of all their academic titles and yet no result. Nigeria is where it is today because we all play a part in the colossal mess.

All I need do is total restructuring and overhauling of Nigerian schools and academic institutions and value system and everything will come up and running like a scintilliated and electrified electricity once plunged for ages in abject darkness. Nigerian Schools, Value and Culture System is the problem.

For over 56yrs, Nigeria has only been Managing an inherited problem and if nothing is done soonest the filth will continue to bore deep down the hollow abyss right from the centre without any hope of restitution in the nearest future. As far as am concerned, an Average Nigerian Professor is highly illiterate and so far worse are his legions of academic product
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Dejiih001(m): 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
yemisat:
Ehn ehn, with Saraki, Dogara and co in existence. you are finished bcoz you can't last on the throne

I intentionally not mentioning how to handicap those riff raffs.

None of them will exist during my reign.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Dejiih001(m): 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ade3000yrs:
To me, 99% of responses to these threads are most likely a luxury of blunder emanating from an untamed freedom of speech. What I will do, is very simple without needs for ambiguous mechanism.

When a country has been running in darkness for 60yrs with total neglect for its educational system, you should most certainly expect to get zero result has it is only in the movies and dream world that you build a castle in the air. For Solution, I will go to the root to nip the problem in the bud, as we Africans and Nigerians are overly stereo typed.

It is so bad today that when I look at An Average Nigerian Professor and PhD holder today, I see illiteracy written all over him. It is pathetic that we Nigerians abuse the essence and significance of Education. I hate it when pple address and hide themselves behind the obscurity of all their academic titles and yet no result. Nigeria is where it is today because we all play a part in the colossal mess.

All I need do is total restructuring and overhauling of Nigerian schools and academic institutions and value system and everything will come up and running like a scintilliated and electrified electricity once plunged for ages in abject darkness. Nigerian Schools, Value and Culture System is the problem.

For over 56yrs, Nigeria has only been Managing an inherited problem and if nothing is done soonest the filth will continue to bore deep down the hollow abyss right from the centre without any hope of restitution in the nearest future. As far as am concerned, an Average Nigerian Professor is highly illiterate and so far worse are his legions of academic product

Grammatical illusion!
Food, security & shelter are our primary want/ and if any government is not taking these as primary then they are finished.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by hustla(m): 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:

Best one
Hands down!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by m003: 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
It's simple SELL THE COUNTRY grin
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Shome36(m): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
alist:
I would firstly change the currency, denominize and ban any form of capital flight...schooling health importation. All goods and services most be domesticated. Impliment the punishment for corruption as death. Make education free and compulsory at all levels. Promote African traditional religion etc .
Lovely move, but wailers would call you a tyrant, dullard and other all kinda names.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by abdulmuqsit15(m): 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
wizzyrich:

Reasons: the country was created based on fraud and also, nothing has worked since we gained independence till date.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by abdulmuqsit15(m): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
EternalTruths:

Our dull Buhari is smarter than this one undecided
Wetin
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by amparas(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hehehe all I read here na campaign promises cheesy cheesy
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
alist:
I would firstly change the currency, denominize and ban any form of capital flight...schooling health importation. All goods and services most be domesticated. Impliment the punishment for corruption as death. Make education free and compulsory at all levels. Promote African traditional religion etc .
Easier said than done.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by mecussey(m): 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
Dejiih001:
We no dey print money again for CBN?

At first I will ensure no one has more than a certain amount of money ( Maybe #10M ) and anyone that does have more than that my government will take it all from them and I will make much funds available for through common man by making all businesses viable so that it will suppress everybody hunger and taste for greed.

Also from the gathered money will I spend 50% on local SME's and Agriculture most importantly.

I will give all the governors altimatum of 60 days to pay up all outstanding salaries of their workers buy giving them enough bail out fund + henceforth any Governors that owns any salary above a month will be removed { that will be a quick bill to be passed}

I will implement PI Bill so that Niger delatans will be actively involved in the oil business.

I will encourage grazing for herdsmen.

And finally open an online suggestions box for every Nigerians to know what truly they want because our senators, members of reps and ministers are just figure head.

Good day.

Your plan is vague and will not yeild any result. All fingers must not be equal and if they are, it cant pick anything
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by DjAndroid: 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
alt3r3g0:

How will you achieve this as RMAFC that determines their salary is not under the control of the president in the democratic setting?

But RMAFC was established by law or decree? You know the rest.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by mecussey(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
wizzyrich:

One point out of 100
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:

We have hope, well spoken Mr

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by enoch273: 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
ijebuloaded:
As a Nigerian, Witnessing the hard time we facing in this Great Nation, If President Mohammed Buhari was Impeached today and you are elected as the President Of This Nation....My Question is ;

How will you save the Economy woes of this Nation?
How will you Save the Nation out of Recession?
How will You fight Corruption?
How will You Fight Terrorism in Nigeria?

First of all I will probe and arrest buhari, he must explain what he used all the money for and his he sinked this country to the ground.

Lets Know How The Change Begins....

ijebuloaded
First of all I will probe and arrest buhari, he must explain what he used all the money for and his he sinked this country to the ground.
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by Uricas(m): 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
DjAndroid:
FIRST, I WILL MAKE POLITICAL OFFICE BE AT PAR WITH CIVIL SERVICE. EVERY POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDER WILL BE IN A CERTAIN GRADE LEVEL AS THE CIVIL SERVANTS WITH THEIR SALARY STRUCTURE. THIS WILL MAKE POLITICS NON-LUCRATIVE.
nice idea but how do you intend to achieve this?
Re: What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? by banmee(m): 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
youngeagle:
Kill all those old Generals...the country will take care of itself.

You are on the right track but not there yet. Some might think you are crazy but this is exactly what Ghana did under Jerry Rawlings that saved them. They were as bad as Nigeria back in the day and when Rawlings did his coup, he gathered all their previous leaders, both military and civilian, and wiped them out. Even if you were innocent, for the mere fact that you had influence and could probably convince people to do anything, he executed you. This is what Nigeria needs right now. From Buhari, OBJ, PMB, all the way to every sitting member of the senate. The alternative is war. That cannot happen. Think about it. Nigerians behave like animals in peace time, what do you think they will do if they ever fought a civil war? They will make what happened in Burundi seem like a kindergarten play house party. The next thing will be to begin a total and complete re orientation and re education of it's citizens. Nigerians mostly don't think like normal people. The abnormal is seen as normal and corruption is business as usual. That kind of thinking needs to be wiped out. These are the most important things to be done to effect any kind of change in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

INEC Voter Education: Tinubu Rejects Okoye's Renewal, Olumekun Heads Committee / 9ice Denies Losing Election Primaries. / Boko Haram: Army Uncovers Plot To Invade Five States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.