Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:13 AM

My Wife Absconded With Our Kids - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Absconded With Our Kids (40041 Views)

My Husband Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually, Our Kids Not His – Wife / 'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / ‘she Holds Vigil Any Night I Demand For Sex; Says Our Kids Are Not Mine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by baby124: 11:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
alsudaes1:

They won't push her out, they wouldn't have accepted her in the first instance if they would, you should understand such type of family.

I still stand by my opinion, if he doesn't reconcile things with her and her relatives, what I predicted WILL definitely happen.
Whether he begs or not, if she wants to leave she will leave. Even in his home. If he goes to beg now, she will do worse in future. She will cheat in his presence. She needs to mature where she is. She is very immature.

By the way parents will accept you back but observe you. She is bound to display her immaturity at home. And in this recession, most people can't even eat 3 square meals. Her so called boyfriend will chop her and run once she starts her normal demands. Most rich executives can't even afford their runs girls in this period. Not to talk of a single guy carrying on a demanding girl and her responsibilities. She needs to gain sense and some maturity. Otherwise her next action will be worse.
If she goes ahead and remarries. OP can then sue for custody of his kids and move on. It's his fault for promising heaven and earth and marrying someone so immature, on a job. Jobs are not assured these days. He needs to give her time to think and decide if she wants the marriage. She is an adult and a married woman. No amount of begging will make her be happy or decide if she wants to remain married for real.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by LyfeJennings(m): 12:06am On Oct 04, 2016
Let her go
Things will get better
She'll regret
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by alsudaes1(m): 12:33am On Oct 04, 2016
baby124:

Whether he begs or not, if she wants to leave she will leave. Even in his home. If he goes to beg now, she will do worse in future. She will cheat in his presence. She needs to mature where she is. She is very immature.

By the way parents will accept you back but observe you. She is bound to display her immaturity at home. And in this recession, most people can't even eat 3 square meals. Her so called boyfriend will chop her and run once she starts her normal demands. Most rich executives can't even afford their runs girls in this period. Not to talk of a single guy carrying on a demanding girl and her responsibilities. She needs to gain sense and some maturity. Otherwise her next action will be worse.
If she goes ahead and remarries. OP can then sue for custody of his kids and move on. It's his fault for promising heaven and earth and marrying someone so immature, on a job. Jobs are not assured these days. He needs to give her time to think and decide if she wants the marriage. She is an adult and a married woman. No amount of begging will make her be happy or decide if she wants to remain married for real.
I didn't see where I mentioned 'beg'

I mentioned RECONCILE.

Her parents will "Observe" her you said, like they don't know their daughter and not aware of what's going on between her and her husband!!!

I stand firmly by my opinion, it is REALITY. . .

Try relating this to an elderly man close to you, and confirm if truly her parents will 'push' her out
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by Purpletee(f): 12:35am On Oct 04, 2016
taiiremide:

She said she doesn't want me anymore.

Dirvorce her,and make sure you have a good lawyer,the kids should be with you

1 Like

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by baby124: 12:39am On Oct 04, 2016
alsudaes1:

I didn't see where I mentioned 'beg'

I mentioned RECONCILE.

Her parents will "Observe" her you said, like they don't know their daughter and not aware of what's going on between her and her husband!!!

I stand firmly by my opinion, it is REALITY. . .

Try relating this to an elderly man close to you, and confirm if truly her parents will 'push' her out
They will. You are not older than me. That I am certain of. He does not need to reconcile with anyone that can kidnap his kids. Let her decide she wants her marriage. Her parents harboring her after what she did is a great disrespect to her husband if he did not abuse her. Why the need to baby an adult that is legally able to get married? Who offended who? Reconcile how? So he can make more promised he cannot keep because that is what the parents will ask him to do to quickly get her out of the house! And then what? She runs off again You are obviously young and unmarried.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by macminista(m): 12:40am On Oct 04, 2016
taiiremide:
My wife absconded with our kids (2 boys). We’ve been married for 4years plus. I did everything a good husband would do to please his wife, but she never satisfied. Before we got married, I’ve a good job and she knew my worth, after marriage things isn’t as rosy and it used to be, I lost my job and I was able to get one after 2 months but the salary is 120k excluding other freelance jobs I do online.

We’re unable to save. We spent most of the money on food stuffs, I hate seeing her hungry. She called me one faithful night and reminds me of the premises I made before we got married about the car and supermarket I promised her (I can’t remembered making such promises), but I still encourage her to be patient with me, that things gonna be fine. She never supported me as she’s not working. I remember I gave her 450k to start a business; she was pregnant at the time so she rejected the money because of her condition. I added some money and I bought a car, I needed the car to hustle for contracts, I cant be jumping from okada to marwa, nobody gonna take you serious. A month later, I got a printing contract from one of the best companies in Lagos, the condition is to use your money for the contract so I sold the car to print the job, I bought a machine unfortunately the machine packedup, i lost the gain and money for the car but I was able to delivered the job more that expectation but I lost huge amount of money. She always complaining ever since, when I tried to encourage her that things will be fine she will ask me ‘when’.

She treats my kids as if she wasn’t the one that brought them to this world, she always using negative words for those kids, I later realized she doesn’t love me, if she love me, she’ll equally love my kids.

4 months ago, she went to visit my younger sister in osogbo, she saw the way my sister’s business was moving fine, she fall inlove with osogbo, she sent a message thus ‘dear, guess I am in love with Oshogbo is peaceful and cool’. When she came back to Lagos, she said she wanted us to move to osogbo, after much persuasion and consideration I succumbed. We moved to osogbo, I spent more than 300k. 2 weeks later, she started complaining that osogbo is boring. I was so mad. I had to risk my life travelling from osogbo to Lagos almost every week.
On the 16th of September (a day after I celebrated our last born birthday) she left for Lagos for her sister’s wedding, I gave her 12k for tfair and other expenses. I called her a week later to remind her that our first son gonna resume school the following Monday, that’s when she said she’s no longer interested in the marriage, that I should move on, I called her mother, she said I should come see her but my family stopped me, since we never had a fight and I was not the one that sent her packing that she should be the one to come.

I’m missing my kids, they’re my life, I don’t know what to do.
...OBVIOUSLY SHE HAS NEVER.LOVED YOU FROM THE START..BRO JUST GO AND GET YOUR KIDS AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 04, 2016
taiiremide:

Bro. Pls read again, we never had a fight before she left for Lagos. The only serious issue we had was when I saw 'call me back I love you' on her phone, I challenged her and she accused me of suspecting her, that I don't trust her. The second one was when my mum ask my son to go home with her, my wife stopped my mum, saying my nephew will beat him. I told my mum she can go with my son. She also accused me of putting my family above her, that I only respect my family that her opinion doesn't count, which isn't true. I love but I won't allow her to disrespect my mother.
. I have only one advice for u ...
When u see that woman, kill her, she is devil personified ... We need to rid this world off all the devils in it that has brought us sorrows and despair , the task starts with u...
She is a DEVIL!!!
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 04, 2016
taiiremide:

Believe me, am not cold. I'll never take her back. I just want my kids

Please don't say this. You may find it in her heart to forgive her. From your story, I can understand her frustration. It seems that failure was following you everywhere, so when she saw how well your sister was doing, it made her feel even worse about life. Your wife is depressed and feeling in despair. She doesn't know how to handle all the hardships. She is going to look for greener land elsewhere, but she will not find it and then she will want to resume the marriage. Before your heart is completely hardened against her, please try to talking with her family about the situation.
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by taiiremide: 1:36am On Oct 04, 2016
ted1741:
Those advising you to move on and the kids will come back obviously do not have kids. Your kids need you just as much as you need them. The kids need the nurturing from both parents. Fathers raise kids differently from mothers because we come from two different perspectives in life. Your kids need that balance and benefit of upbringing from those two perspectives. More importantly, the way she left implicitly means that she is habouring animosities towards you based on her own imaginary and utopian world devoid of your circumstances and reality. She is dislusioned that you are not delivering the "good" life for her. Perhaps she married you under those expectations or based on promises you made or she perceived. It doesn't now, if you do not intervene now, she is likely to poison the kids' minds towards you by saying uncharitable things in both subtle and verbal ways. If you do not intervene in a timely fashion, don't surprise the hostile attitude towards you from the kids, believe me, it will happen and happen very fast. Consequently, the kids will perceive you as a run a way father and may not forgive you so easily. Once the bond is elastically over stretched, the disconnect may never be reversed when they are matured. Put differently, if you are absent in their lives, they will resent you and you have from now before they turn 14, a teenage age when most of our lives' attributes are formed and shaped. Human beings begin to internalize events in their lives as early as three years. They will remember how their mother suffered and sacrificed to raise them and wonder what kind of dad you are and no amount of explanation from you can disabuse them of that ingrained memory. I strongly suggest you meet with her mother and diligently make effort even to a fault and speak with her. She is your wife, she may not be rational in this regard but as a man, she needs your effort to bring her back to reality because she is going through a phase. I suggest you ignore friends who may laugh and call you unprintable names because they are not in your shoes and don't understand why you the dogged effort to bring her back. A philosopher once said that, "in every relationship, one person must play the fools part" for it to succeed. Every family has issues and until they confine in you, you may never know what they are going through. My father once said that, "until you sleep with someone on the same bed, you will never know how their mouth smell", literally. Go and get your family. That is what a good husband/father does. It may take a lot of persuasion to get her to come on board either out of pride or irrationality, but persist for the sake of the children. Confine on someone she respects and listens to if all efforts fail and let the person speak with her. It is imperative you raise your kids or you will be sorry in no distant time. Goodluck.

If I die today, my kids will live.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by AfroKnight: 1:37am On Oct 04, 2016
For better for stay for worse for go. Conditional wife.
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by taiiremide: 1:38am On Oct 04, 2016
FortuneTeller:

Please don't say this. You may find it in her heart to forgive her. From your story, I can understand her frustration. It seems that failure was following you everywhere, so when she saw how well your sister was doing, it made her feel even worse about life. Your wife is depressed and feeling in despair. She doesn't know how to handle all the hardships. She is going to look for greener land elsewhere, but she will not find it and then she will want to resume the marriage. Before your heart is completely hardened against her, please try to talking with her family about the situation.

What failure are you talking about, I've a job. She's not contended. Am doing well. I dey try.
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 04, 2016
taiiremide:

What failure are you talking about, I've a job. She's not contended. Am doing well. I dey try.

You lost your job right after the marriage, you don't have any savings, you gave away the money that you supposedly set aside for her, you sold the car, you lost the printing machine. It is good that you are working now, but because of the setbacks, you are still in the "hole". I'm sure this has affected your duties in the bedroom also. In addition to these hardships in the marriage, you beat her. The woman is thinking about all the promises you made before marriage and feeling it was all a lie. She is unhappy. Is it going to hurt you to discuss the issue maturely with her family and try to find a resolution? Marriage is for better or worse. This is your WORSE. Will you just let it go so easily?
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by taiiremide: 2:01am On Oct 04, 2016
FortuneTeller:

You lost your job right after the marriage, you don't have any savings, you gave away the money that you supposedly set aside for her, you sold the car, you lost the printing machine. It is good that you are working now, but because of the setbacks, you are still in the "hole". I'm sure this has affected your duties in the bedroom also. In addition to these hardships in the marriage, you beat her. The woman is thinking about all the promises you made before marriage and feeling it was all a lie. She is unhappy. Is it going to hurt you to discuss the issue maturely with her family and try to find a resolution? Marriage is for better or worse. This is your WORSE. Will you just let it go so easily?

Read my post from beginning to the end. And please don't use those words for me 'failure, hole' am not a failure and am not in hole' just keep ur advice.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 04, 2016
taiiremide:

Read my post from beginning to the end. And please don't use those words for me 'failure, hole' am not a failure and am not in hole' just keep ur advice.

I am not trying to offend you. I am only sharing it from a woman's viewpoint. Can you not see anything you did wrong? You knew the woman wanted certain material things prior to the marriage. You made a promise to deliver those things, but you didn't. You presented your wife with multiple hardships and beat her when she became frustrated. Now due to your pride, you cannot see where you have gone wrong. Now is the time to accept responsibility for your mistakes and reclaim your family. It's your marriage, not mine. I'm only here giving advice.
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by akinszz: 4:56am On Oct 04, 2016
Lol...[quote author=peculiar32 post=49894748][/quote]
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:29am On Oct 04, 2016
taiiremide:

Your opinion, you can say whatever you like. If your mother warn you against something don't yield to her warning, okay? Real man. Anybody can just come here and say trash when they're not in my shoes. I know you're popular in auto section, this's marriage issue bro.

Nah you carry your matter come NL, now you have received over a 100 different advices and are more confused than when you first started.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:36am On Oct 04, 2016
FortuneTeller:

OP's wife was disappointed all round including the bedroom. He commanded no respect there either.

A poor man with excellent bedroom skills will keep a wife happy thinking of the next encounter grin

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by TheArchangel(f): 5:51am On Oct 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

OP's wife was disappointed all round including the bedroom. He commanded no respect there either.

A poor man with excellent bedroom skills will keep a wife happy thinking of the next encounter grin
Mugabe said it and I concur

1 Like

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by Eshence: 6:13am On Oct 04, 2016
I tink is beta u go with any of ur friends or family member to see ur mother in law in dat case everytin can be sorted out and incase she is really planning any evil u have ur people dere to help u out.... Dont give up on ur marriage yet it can still work...... All ur wife needs is a good counselling from any man of God and ur marriage will be normal again and after everytin has been settled make sure she get a job so she wouldnt be idle cus an idle man is d devils workshop tell her she needs to start supporting d marriage forget about the supermarket plan for now...... Let her start job no matter how small from dere she will learn how hard money is to make......
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by hellen93o(f): 6:22am On Oct 04, 2016
janellemonae:

Na wa for u o! Ingrate? So u just judged them based on ur own situation because u also moved to osogbo.

Madam ur not in d same situation. They are both jobless & have 2 kids under d age of 3yeàrs. U & ur husband are not jobless & u have no kids yet.
if i said ingrate i no wot i mean and am not judging anybody because of my own condition here, as her husband is jobless she can even earn thousands in a month dan i do, yes! My husband is a contractor too and wot dey are facing now is not easy, but my words goes to d husband too, dont let ur wife control u, u both can discuss and pray to God for direction not dat ur wife said she like osogbo and feel like relocating there and just follow her, u will tink before making any move cos is not easy to relocate without having anytin doing in d state u relocated too,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by kaboninc(m): 6:26am On Oct 04, 2016
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I been always guess say you get choco for head...na today I confirm am!

Lol. Sisi oge.

Oya come to Ilaje joor...na there ya husby dey wait for ya.

Choco ko, choco Milo ni.
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by dsaintJ4Real(m): 6:27am On Oct 04, 2016
taiiremide:
My wife absconded with our kids (2 boys). We’ve been married for 4years plus.....

....I’m missing my kids, they’re my life, I don’t know what to do.

Hmmm.. .well, well
Dear OP, I can fully relate to your situation. It's going through the 3 - 5 years marriage 'wahala' syndrome. Mine is 10years Now so apart from mine, I have seen others. It is a stage of disillusionment for married women, where there is a gap between their dreams and fantasies and current realities.
Matters are made worse if there exists someone they can compare themselves with and feel they are not measuring up to, especially if it is a very significant Ex. Ooops, very bad.
If she can navigate through this period successfully, she graduates from 'married woman' to 'wife'.
But I will suggest this, go to her family. All this 'don't go...' that your family is spouting will not yield any dividends. Go to her family, with her in the same room and talk. It may be formality, but it will soon be clear, even in such meetings especially if there is at least one mature and slightly unbiased person from her side.
From your side, all your need is one mature person, who is as unbiased as possible. While the discussions are going on, be careful she doesn't say things that never hahappened, things like 'He beats me'(mine tried this, lol) 'other women's etc. Don't worry it's normal and expected. She is trying to garner support and in-laws don't like to hear such topics. If she tries that approach you can simply say, you are sorry, but wonder why she didn't complain to your people (I mean yours or hers) before now.
After any meeting, request strongly to speak with your wife privately, together with your kids. Then talk with her normally.
After one or two meetings, her family would maybe give one or conditions or request. If your in-laws requests for stringent conditions 'BEFORE' she can go with you,that's a RED flag. Then you can go official. But, if you handled the meeting Ok, they will still give you conditions, but they would 'advice' her to go back.
This decision to finally go back, is helped by the after meeting private sessions with her and your kids.
Your delay in seeing family is not good. When a wife leaves the house, whether right or wrong, you go get her. If you delay too much, you send a wrong message to her family and wrong signals to her subconscious.
You love your wife. Go get your family!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by Eketem: 6:27am On Oct 04, 2016
Poster I broke months of silence to respond to this post.

From the story and responses these are the issues I noticed

1. Your wife is one of those women who want traditional marriages where a man takes sole responsibility for them while they only cook and clean

2. Your wife married you just to be an atm, it is a mentality, it has nothing to do with loving or not loving you, if she marries another man she will go with that mindset. I am sure if we ask for her side now she will say after all she cooks cleans and takes care of the kids so what else do you want from her

3. You are a bit irrational: you are in a hurry to do things you don't normally sit and think through things before embarking on them eg have an action plan, a solid ome before you commence a project. I saw this with the printing job, normally you should sit and do am excel calculation of what you would need and mark them out as you go. You were probably born between April and May, see why we advocate for men to marry rational supportive wives not " cookers and cleaners"!. Now my husband is a bit like you, but when he starts a plan like that I am the one who goes on the computer put it all together, do the costing, bring out eventualities and break it down fully for him and based on that we can make informed decisions.

3. Your mother has too much influence on your home. Respect your parents but don't respect your wife any less, she has been slighted severally by your responses here, your mother cannot always be right regardless of how many times she prays. Your mother seems to want your wife to be the submissive iyawo who says Yes to everything she orders your wife may have started that way but got frustrated along the way hence her rebelling towards your mother's demands. Unfortunately for you, you got caught up and are still caught up in a fight between two women.

Right now believe it or not your mother thinks she has " won" hence her scaring you off visiting your in laws.

4. You owe your in laws that respect you came to pick their daughter from their house even if you are no longer interested at least go to their house and humbly inform them formally that the daughter they gave you has left.

5. Don't let ANYONE, not your wife not your people not your mother, not pride keep you away from your kids. Kids need more than money and clothes they need parental love and admiration, they look up to Daddy, at this age of their lives Daddy is a hero don't let anyone tell them a single story about Daddy being a villain and then you are not there to cancel that perception, even if it it is not full custody use whatever time you have with them well. If it is only weekends then take the weekends but be in your kids lives or you will regret it forever. Forget the crap about the kids looking for you later in life many men made that mistake but these days I have gone to several weddings where the father is alive but was not part of their lives so he was not even invited to the wedding and when invited plays no role.

I hope you saw the Stella Odua drama, may God forbid that you sit waiting for your kids to " come back" and your son tells you he rather be a bastard than be your son.

Now moving forward :

1. You need to develop a proper business plan; detailed from start to finish, costed one too, look for business plans on Google and domesticate them. Have a plan, don't make irrational plans because you are in a hurry to " make it"

2. Go and see your in laws, you are the head of your home not your mother or your people, your home breaks because of pride on both ends God will ask you why not your mother or anyone else. You are the head you are responsible, when Ever caused Adam to sin it was Adam God held responsible and queried.

3. If you and your wife resolve to dissolve the marriage after failing to make peace please for the sake of your kids don't be bitter adults, make the separation easy for them and work out a legal way both of you can have access to the kids and be sane parents. Don't bad mouth each other or make them take sides.

You are adults resolve your conflicts as adults so the kids won't suffer.

Good luck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by sweetilicious(f): 6:27am On Oct 04, 2016
taiiremide:

Thank you so much Gaborone. She took my kids to her parent's house, they're there as I speak, but my mother warned me not to step my foot in their house as they're planning something evil. I know my mother very well, she can never be wrong. I asked my ex wife to bring my kids to eatery atleast to discuss how we're going to take good care of the kids, schooling, shelter, feeding etc. But she and her family insisted I come over to their house if I want to see my kids.
I feel for you. Sorry for your bad experience in marriage. This world is so crazy men
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by kaboninc(m): 6:29am On Oct 04, 2016
[s]
FortuneTeller:

I am not trying to offend you. I am only sharing it from a woman's viewpoint. Can you not see anything you did wrong? You knew the woman wanted certain material things prior to the marriage. You made a promise to deliver those things, but you didn't. You presented your wife with multiple hardships and beat her when she became frustrated. Now due to your pride, you cannot see where you have gone wrong. Now is the time to accept responsibility for your mistakes and reclaim your family. It's your marriage, not mine. I'm only here giving advice.
[/s]

That is your point of view. Not the point of view of other ladies here who have commented.
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by stpat1(m): 6:41am On Oct 04, 2016
taiiremide:

Believe me, am not cold. I'll never take her back. I just want my kids

You don't get it. You are cold as you had to succumb to almost all her wish. You even had to relocate to oshogbo merely because she momentarily fell in love with the town.
Haba. You cold jor

1 Like

Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by sisisioge: 6:49am On Oct 04, 2016
kaboninc:

Lol. Sisi oge.

Oya come to Ilaje joor...na there ya husby dey wait for ya.

Choco ko, choco Milo ni.

grin grin grin

Hope na ondo state that one be...not eti ose in lasgidi.
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by stpat1(m): 6:54am On Oct 04, 2016
I even find it strange and awkward that you have to try and console her that things will get better. That's also one of the reasons I still maintained that you are cold.

For goodness sake, you did not intentionally bring about your current situation. She is your wife and as a matured lady she can see that you are even working hard. So I see not reason of explaining or consoling, instead you are supposed to pray together for things to improve.

If she so much desire stuffs beyond her husbands reach then she should go out there and work for it. Maybe then she will appreciate her husband.
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by sisisioge: 6:57am On Oct 04, 2016
Eketem:
Poster I broke months of silence to respond to this post.

From the story and responses these are the issues I noticed

1. Your wife is one of those women who want traditional marriages where a man takes sole responsibility for them while they only cook and clean

2. Your wife married you just to be an atm, it is a mentality, it has nothing to do with loving or not loving you, if she marries another man she will go with that mindset. I am sure if we ask for her side now she will say after all she cooks cleans and takes care of the kids so what else do you want from her

3. You are a bit irrational: you are in a hurry to do things you don't normally sit and think through things before embarking on them eg have an action plan, a solid ome before you commence a project. I saw this with the printing job, normally you should sit and do am excel calculation of what you would need and mark them out as you go. You were probably born between April and May, see why we advocate for men to marry rational supportive wives not " cookers and cleaners"!. Now my husband is a bit like you, but when he starts a plan like that I am the one who goes on the computer put it all together, do the costing, bring out eventualities and break it down fully for him and based on that we can make informed decisions.

3. Your mother has too much influence on your home. Respect your parents but don't respect your wife any less, she has been slighted severally by your responses here, your mother cannot always be right regardless of how many times she prays. Your mother seems to want your wife to be the submissive iyawo who says Yes to everything she orders your wife may have started that way but got frustrated along the way hence her rebelling towards your mother's demands. Unfortunately for you, you got caught up and are still caught up in a fight between two women.

Right now believe it or not your mother thinks she has " won" hence her scaring you off visiting your in laws.

4. You owe your in laws that respect you came to pick their daughter from their house even if you are no longer interested at least go to their house and humbly inform them formally that the daughter they gave you has left.

5. Don't let ANYONE, not your wife not your people not your mother, not pride keep you away from your kids. Kids need more than money and clothes they need parental love and admiration, they look up to Daddy, at this age of their lives Daddy is a hero don't let anyone tell them a single story about Daddy being a villain and then you are not there to cancel that perception, even if it it is not full custody use whatever time you have with them well. If it is only weekends then take the weekends but be in your kids lives or you will regret it forever. Forget the crap about the kids looking for you later in life many men made that mistake but these days I have gone to several weddings where the father is alive but was not part of their lives so he was not even invited to the wedding and when invited plays no role.

I hope you saw the Stella Odua drama, may God forbid that you sit waiting for your kids to " come back" and your son tells you he rather be a bastard than be your son.

Now moving forward :

1. You need to develop a proper business plan; detailed from start to finish, costed one too, look for business plans on Google and domesticate them. Have a plan, don't make irrational plans because you are in a hurry to " make it"

2. Go and see your in laws, you are the head of your home not your mother or your people, your home breaks because of pride on both ends God will ask you why not your mother or anyone else. You are the head you are responsible, when Ever caused Adam to sin it was Adam God held responsible and queried.

3. If you and your wife resolve to dissolve the marriage after failing to make peace please for the sake of your kids don't be bitter adults, make the separation easy for them and work out a legal way both of you can have access to the kids and be sane parents. Don't bad mouth each other or make them take sides.

You are adults resolve your conflicts as adults so the kids won't suffer.

Good luck

Babes...your head dey there. I strongly think he needs to visit his in-laws, the story might turn out differently. Anyways, I can't help wishing him tons of good luck...he sure needs it.
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2016
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:29am On Oct 04, 2016
NIGHTMARE007:
Intertribal marriages always hav ish

brace up, they are coming for you grin
Re: My Wife Absconded With Our Kids by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 04, 2016
taiiremide:

Is ur marriage intertribal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Little Girl Practices Hair Plaiting With Her Dad's Hairless Scalp (Pix, Video) / Reasons Why Marrying Someone For A Green Card Is A Bad Idea Fraught With Risk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.