Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! (33190 Views)

Ramadan: Christian Lady Shares Food To Muslims In Lagos (Photos) / How Could Paul CURSE YAHSHUA- And No Christian NOTICED? / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by ivili(m): 6:08am On Oct 08, 2016
So because tomorrow is Sunday all the Christian loonies are all out to entertain themselves with their religious b.s as usual.Go to church and stop looking for who to attack,you are worrying yourselves about people who don't believe in your tales while you are dancing with another who sees you as an enemy (ISLAM).SMH

2 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 08, 2016
seems this is a counter thread to the one I opened some time ago anyway thanks op for your opinion, it's highly appreciated
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Marry an atheist and ruin your marital life forever . He subscribes to subjective morality - he'll beat the hell outa you and justify his actions . grin

Religious folks are the real abusers , you strike me as someone who would beat up his wife

6 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by pweeryambre: 6:29am On Oct 08, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Religious folks are the real abusers , you strike me as someone who would beat up his wife
most of them are always quick to anger and verbal abuses too, using Bible verses to cover up their atitudes... I won't mind living with an atheist though.

2 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by oteneaaron(m): 6:37am On Oct 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you've lost track of my Posts

my point is that you may never know whom an atheist is in real life especially in an ultra religious country like ours

have you ever wondered why there are so many atheists on Nairaland and you rarely meet them in real life? because they are in your churches, they might be sitting beside you during services, they might be the ones to hold your hands and pray when the pastor says so, that pastor might be a closet atheist too

those examples of preachers just details some who were regarded as "born again" by their fellow Christians, not one Christian knew they were atheists until they came out

its you who needs to comprehend my posts better

This is NL bro, most of these guys never Listen to reason, all they do is throw online tantrums to support their evident Ignorance.

Ignore them and see how they start pulling off their hair....#ifyouknowwhatimean.

cheers!

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 08, 2016
It's ironic though, the more my christian brothers keep trying to make the whole world hate atheists, the more they keep loving them undecided undecided

And somebody said an atheist will beat the hell out of you and justify his action, like wtf?? undecided undecided

We all gonna die of ignorance undecided

Atheists are the only bad peeps we gat around, atheists would kill you and eat your flesh angry, atheists are the only violent people here on earth, dont marry an athiest, he might use your mother for money ritual shocked grin

Used to hate them then but just have an atheist as a friend and you would never open this kinda thread again grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Sanchez01: 6:46am On Oct 08, 2016
aaronson:
Stank thread like bad breath, Spits on ignorance of the op and people with like minds.

Why not educated christians against social division and whatever happened to that christiandom saying of "love thy neighbour as thyself".
Interesting. Your own understanding of the Bible is purely tiny. 2Cor 6:14 clearly projects the OP's message. 'DO NOT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH AN UNBELIEVER'.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by BabaO2: 6:48am On Oct 08, 2016
Vick4rill:
Unless you are ready to be an atheist yourself, don't ever believe you guys will be able to tolerate each other for long. Forget about the "bullshit" about both of you, loving yourselves and being tolerant to one another. That assertion can never work. How can u spend your life with somebody who thinks that your "belief" is delusional and plain foolishness?

How can you train your children in such a man's house? What if he decides that his children will become atheists too? What will happen when both of you are supposed to pray and come together as a family? Do you think such a person will tolerate ur pastors or church members visiting you in his house?

Avoid atheists like plagues. Don't ever think you can change or convert him, once you people are married. There is no any good quality that any atheist possesses, that is not found among the Christian brothers. Just pray hard and God will give you a good believer that will give you more happiness than any atheist can ever think of giving you.
It is better to marry an atheist than to marry a muslim

2 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Mujtahida: 6:48am On Oct 08, 2016
Bimffo:
The ignorance with these Christians is so alarming. shocked Very very alarming.

All just for something you cannot see, You put up a thread like this?

OP, tell me how you are better than a Racist?

Maybe you should read about your Christianity and the role it played in WWII against Jews.
Why don't you do the reverse and read up on the Jews and the role they played in WW2. For intro check real Jew. Com; darkmoon. me; h
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Mujtahida: 6:49am On Oct 08, 2016
Bimffo:
The ignorance with these Christians is so alarming. shocked Very very alarming.

All just for something you cannot see, You put up a thread like this?

OP, tell me how you are better than a Racist?

Maybe you should read about your Christianity and the role it played in WWII against Jews.

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by shadeyinka(m): 6:49am On Oct 08, 2016
salauwale:

Ma'am, most atheists were raised as believers. They still grew up to be atheist. i don't think that's an issue at all

Religion is a big big flashpoint except if one of the parties don't care how the children are raised. This singular point will wreck their beautiful marriage.

Love alone is not sufficient o!

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 08, 2016
Sanchez01:

Interesting. Your own understanding of the Bible is purely tiny. 2Cor 6:14 clearly projects the OP's message. 'DO NOT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH AN UNBELIEVER'.
Your understanding of the babble is broad, Psalm 139:7 |
"How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your
little ones against the rock.".

Guess what? It's the same bible we pulling out yours and my absurdity.

2 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by simongonner: 6:57am On Oct 08, 2016
lolz.. interesting debate here..As for me I go to church but am a strong atheist.....

3 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by shadeyinka(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2016
frank317:

I studied psychology... U can come around for some relationship communication skills, I can make u a better counselor... Trust me.

LOL!
There are basically three causes of crises
1. Crises over properties
2. Crises over ideologies
3. Crises over actions

Crises over ideologies are almost impossible to mediate. Something must break. No form of appeasement solves the problem.

A good example is Bokoharam. What are they fighting about? Ideology...you can kill them..and joyfully they will die for their cause.

I don't mind you teaching me some communication skills oh. Is it free o charge?

3 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by shadeyinka(m): 7:08am On Oct 08, 2016
frank317:

My children can go to church all they want... The most important thing is that I am their father... I will always be more important in their life than any imaginary being just as long as I am the best father that I wanna be

So tell.me something Mr counselor, are u suggesting my girl is better off marrying a Christian who she might not be as comfortable with as she is with me!
We will soon get married!! Communication is the least of our problems

Oh! Hearing that is good news for your relationship if and only if you won't change your mind in the future.

Your second paragraph:
Everyone going into any marriage should count the cost and choose not to fret over the consequence of their choices. If a girl marries me even though she knows I have a low sperm count, then down in the marriage if no child comes up, she mustn't fret for that will kill whatever love that brought them together. So it is for both of you..count the cost and discuss about it. No two ways about communication that revolve around this.

My normal self will not encourage the union (strictly from christian point of view) but if the cost has been well factored into the relationship then the marriage will work very well.

Love is NOT a feeling
Love is a CHOICE

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by salauwale(m): 7:17am On Oct 08, 2016
shadeyinka:

Religion is a big big flashpoint except if one of the parties don't care how the children are raised. This singular point will wreck their beautiful marriage.

Love alone is not sufficient o!
I beg to differ. I already have a religious wife a religious kid isn't anything special especially when I know my children won't go to school and put atheist down as their religion. But they are kids, young and impressionable if you had told a 13 year old me I'll be like this now I'd tell you check again. Why am I not bothered? he'll grow up and learn to make up his own mind and unlearn all the santa and tooth fairy stories and if he sticks to his faith, that's his choice am perfectly cool with. We can all get along but you know what, we won't if we keep preaching radical religious views.
In this case love really is enough
Mod: am in a religious family and it hasn't wrecked my family.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Mujtahida: 7:22am On Oct 08, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:
Pls i have some few personal questions i want atheists here to answer, i will really appreciate your responses cos i really want to understand how all of u guys see life and probably learn a thing or two.

1) Do u atheists completely disbelieve the existence of the spiritual realm or spiritual powers?
If yes, then are u guys saying spiritual practices like witchcraft, Occultism, Herbalist practices and prophecies are completely non-existent or completely powerless?
The universe is a vast energy field. Have you not wondered that the domain of the gods recedes as science explains what what once a mystery to the ancients? As we advance into the future science will take us to the point where 'witchcraft' 'the occult'will merge seamlessly with technology.

2) What if u guys had a spiritual attack or encounter?
What will you do?
Who will you go to for counsel?
How will you inteprete it?
Or will you guys say you have never had such encounters before?
If negative, then what about those who have had spiritual encounters? will you guys say such people are all lying or are just hallucinating?
A lot of the things we regard as spiritual encounters are just the human brain at work but still I do not say that the spiritual does not exist. There's still so much about this world that is unknown.

3) Since you atheists don't have an officially unified code of guideliness or scriptural stipulations guiding your ways of life, do you guys personally define your own personal codes of conduct?
If yes, how do u know what is wrong or right?
If you say you depend on your conscience for what is wrong or right, how sure are you that a conscience may never go wrong, be broken or be hardened and hereby deliver wrong judgements?[quote]
True morality cannot be commanded. It will not be organic, it will not come from within. 'I tell you, no
virtue can exist without breaking
these ten commandments; Jesus was
all virtue, and acted from impulse,
not from rules.' William Blake, the Marriage of Heaven and Hell'
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by ilynem(m): 7:24am On Oct 08, 2016
aaronson:
Stank thread like bad breath, Spits on ignorance of the op and people with like minds.

Why not educated christians against social division and whatever happened to that christiandom saying of "love thy neighbour as thyself".
They will love you but won't marry you. Simple.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by efemena24(m): 7:26am On Oct 08, 2016
Vick4rill:
Unless you are ready to be an atheist yourself, don't ever believe you guys will be able to tolerate each other for long. Forget about the "bullshit" about both of you, loving yourselves and being tolerant to one another. That assertion can never work. How can u spend your life with somebody who thinks that your "belief" is delusional and plain foolishness?

How can you train your children in such a man's house? What if he decides that his children will become atheists too? What will happen when both of you are supposed to pray and come together as a family? Do you think such a person will tolerate ur pastors or church members visiting you in his house?

Avoid atheists like plagues. Don't ever think you can change or convert him, once you people are married. There is no any good quality that any atheist possesses, that is not found among the Christian brothers. Just pray hard and God will give you a good believer that will give you more happiness than any atheist can ever think of giving you.
what makes you think that being a christian will make you a good partner, huh?? I've seen good Christians make rash decisions...

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by ilynem(m): 7:26am On Oct 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
the funniest part is that not every church goer is a theist

most atheists on Nairaland are church goers and mosque goers themselves and some probably pray fervently and are regarded as "born again" Christian by their church members and "true Muslims" by the Islamic community

the bitter truth is that you may never know an atheist even when you've "known" him for years

that pastor you respect? remember him? he could be an atheist

that church member of yours that's handsome and "doesn't take his spiritual life with levity"? Remember him? he could be atheist

that "close friend" of yours whom you pray together? remember him? he could be atheist

that guy that knocks your door to preach to you, remember him? he could be atheist

the harsh truth is that until atheism becomes acceptable in Nigeria, you're gonna find it hard to know whom an atheist is, we are like American gays before the legalisation, hiding who we are to survive and thrive
Biko who is hiding you? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by realmindz: 7:27am On Oct 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Marry an atheist and ruin your marital life forever . He subscribes to subjective morality - he'll beat the hell outa you and justify his actions . grin

I believe this must be joke otherwise I will classify you as the most retarhded fellow on NL...

4 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by ilynem(m): 7:29am On Oct 08, 2016
Lennycool:
Oh sure, atheist are such bad husband's, no woman should ever marry an atheist.
I mean its not like the atheist will ever claim to love an imaginary being more than his family.
Its not like the atheist will treat you as inferior (weaker vessels) as the holy books instructs
Its not like the atheist will set limitations on what you can do with your free time and who you can see.
Its not like an atheist will marry multiple wives and see you as property.
its not like an atheist will beat you if he pleases. And still find it moral
Why would a woman ever marry someone like this?
Atheist make terrible husband's, that's why every woman married to a religious person is happy, their lives are filled with joy. Only women married to atheist suffer.
#Sarcasm
Get sense
This is about Christians not religious people. Get sense
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by realmindz: 7:33am On Oct 08, 2016
How funny it is that humans hate some set of people for simply not believing what they believe...

How funny humans hate people for God himself, let God do the hatred himself..

4 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 08, 2016
pweeryambre:

most of them are always quick to anger and verbal abuses too, using Bible verses to cover up their atitudes... I won't mind living with an atheist though.
make una know as una dey mention me. Na my name be dat. I go vex o

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by ilynem(m): 7:38am On Oct 08, 2016
aaronson:
I gave unconditional love the moment I made it known that I love everybody from all religion faith worldwide but your God loves only christians and instructed you guys to never have nothing to do with Satan so me and your God, who is best at giving unconditional love?
Ignorance. If God doesn't love you, you won't be alive. He doesn't just love Christians or else He wouldn't have died for sinners. So as Christians, we love you too and it is not wrong or unbibilical to marry an Atheist. But, for the sake of a peaceful marriage, I rather not.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by shadeyinka(m): 7:39am On Oct 08, 2016
salauwale:

I beg to differ. I already have a religious wife a religious kid isn't anything special especially when I know my children won't go to school and put atheist down as their religion. But they are kids, young and impressionable if you had told a 13 year old me I'll be like this now I'd tell you check again. Why am I not bothered? he'll grow up and learn to make up his own mind and unlearn all the santa and tooth fairy stories and if he sticks to his faith, that's his choice am perfectly cool with. We can all get along but you know what, we won't if we keep preaching radical religious views.
In this case love really is enough
Mod: am in a religious family and it hasn't wrecked my family.

I agree with you on some points religion didn't have to wreck a relationship however it has a strong probability of causing serious crises.

If a Christian find herself marrying an atheist, the bible do not support divorce so, she must learn to live with whatever consequence that may come up without throwing up a fuss.

Religious views are radical by their nature..it is people -theists who are not radical. The Bible equivocally says that one should not marry a non believer. However, the bible also says if you had marry an non-believer, you must NOT divorce him because of that.

If aChristian girl will violate the first command because she doesn't really subscribe to what her religion says..do we say thatshe is really practicing her faith?

Love isn't a feeling
Love is a choice
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Adegoketheking: 7:43am On Oct 08, 2016
Amberon:
And you think you sound intelligent?? undecided

The bolded is exactly what I'm saying. Unconditional love is loving someone no matter what. Meaning God loves the murderer, the rapist, the blind, wretched, disabled, the serial killer, muslim, atheist, and child molester unconditionally no matter how enormous their sins are and mind you that includes the crimes yet to be committed.

It didn't stop there, to prove it, He died on the cross for sinners. And that was why even in the face of death Christ said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do". He even fixed back the ear of one of those who had come to kill him. If these aren't acts of unconditional love, then I don't know what is.

Wrong! The condition is Christ. No one could by themselves pass any " conditions " and that was no one could get into heaven before the coming of Christ.

your brain has been blocked. wtfk

if there is unconditional love there would be no punishment.

look at the pics attached. unconditional love is loving someone without what you get(worship,obidience,etc) from them.
Christian God wants to get worshipped, prayers, fasting etc. those are the conditions.

your low thinking faculty is beginning to annoy me. or you are probably doing it purposely.

am done here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by ilynem(m): 7:43am On Oct 08, 2016
aaronson:
Love conquers all, Don't you think if you begin to love Satan he might as well retrace his steps and turn a new leaf.

Another question from the very first verse you quoted, If God so love the world that gave his only begotten son to died for you guys, why would he want people like me who don't believe in him perish in Hell for ever.
My brother, hell is a choice. God doesn't want you to perish in hell. God is not even angry with you because you an Atheist, that is the funny thing. He still loves you. But you have decided on your own to go to hell. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Mememan: 7:45am On Oct 08, 2016
Amberon:
Yeye!!

Christians all over the world marry each other. Find another lie.
Silly hypocrite
Get a life

2 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by mii4u(f): 7:49am On Oct 08, 2016
neocortex:

All these pretenders;

Let me tell you what the bible says ;

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, SinParties, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now tell me are you free from all these sins ?
Of what use is your christianity if it only reflects in who you love and
who you hate ?

If you christians are really in a right frame of mind why is it so difficult t o stop lying,cheating fornicating etc ?
Is your god so worthless that you flout his rule anytime you like ?

everyone is a sinner, there is none righteous that is why the bible made us to understand that iron sharpeneth iron, u can't marry an atheist and expect him/her to call u to order wen u are deviating from the way of God. Wat am i saying in essence is that as humans , we are all prone to mistakes and sin but the ur partner who shares the same faith with u will always be there to help u out.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by rafindo(m): 7:53am On Oct 08, 2016
Lennycool:
Oh sure, atheist are such bad husband's, no woman should ever marry an atheist.
I mean its not like the atheist will ever claim to love an imaginary being more than his family.
Its not like the atheist will treat you as inferior (weaker vessels) as the holy books instructs
Its not like the atheist will set limitations on what you can do with your free time and who you can see.
Its not like an atheist will marry multiple wives and see you as property.
its not like an atheist will beat you if he pleases. And still find it moral
Why would a woman ever marry someone like this?
Atheist make terrible husband's, that's why every woman married to a religious person is happy, their lives are filled with joy. Only women married to atheist suffer.
#Sarcasm
Get sense
.tell that to the moon and sun.what is the most important is humane nature of the individual. Atheism is only a state of the mind.if truly u are theist then ur hate level will make them remain where they are.in short this tag we give yourself doesn't make us better than the other person.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

22 Doctrinal Beliefs Of Deeper Life Church / "I Was Healed Of HIV At Father Ebube Muonso's Adoration Ministry" - Lady (Video) / My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.