Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! (33176 Views)

Ramadan: Christian Lady Shares Food To Muslims In Lagos (Photos) / How Could Paul CURSE YAHSHUA- And No Christian NOTICED? / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by salauwale(m): 7:59am On Oct 08, 2016
shadeyinka:

I agree with you on some points religion didn't have to wreck a relationship however it has a strong probability of causing serious crises.

If a Christian find herself marrying an atheist, the bible do not support divorce so, she must learn to live with whatever consequence that may come up without throwing up a fuss.

Religious views are radical by their nature..it is people -theists who are not radical. The Bible equivocally says that one should not marry a non believer. However, the bible also says if you had marry an non-believer, you must NOT divorce him because of that.

If aChristian girl will violate the first command because she doesn't really subscribe to what her religion says..do we say thatshe is really practicing her faith?

Love isn't a feeling
Love is a choice
You have said it all, religious views are radical by their nature . That's taking the bull by the horn I agree with you 100%. But don't forget about grace, it supersedes commands don't it?
Love to me ain't a choice but that's a discussion for another thread
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Amberon: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2016
Nigga fvck off.... You will forever remain blinded by the truth as is the case with all other atheists. Only dumb low IQ dimwits argue over "nonexistent" beings. God is inexistent but you waste precious hours conversing about him. Bye Felicia!

Get well soon.
Adegoketheking:
your brain has been blocked. wtfk

if there is unconditional love there would be no punishment.

look at the pics attached. unconditional love is loving someone without what you get(worship,obidience,etc) from them.
Christian God wants to get worshipped, prayers, fasting etc. those are the conditions.

your low thinking faculty is beginning to annoy me. or you are probably doing it purposely.

am done here.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by salauwale(m): 8:04am On Oct 08, 2016
What interests me most about this thread is how people seem to think you need a religion to have a moral compass. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Sanchez01: 8:05am On Oct 08, 2016
aaronson:
Your understanding of the babble is broad, Psalm 139:7 |
"How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your
little ones against the rock.".

Guess what? It's the same bible we pulling out yours and my absurdity.
First off, the passage is Psalm 137:9 and not what you quoted above. The funniest thing is, atheists think they know a lot and are capable of reasoning things out when in reality it's clearly the opposite. What you quoted is off topic because you would have seen that the passage is about warfare and not about what you think it is, particularly if you read from verse 5 down.
- Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones; i.e. that brings on thee the worst calamities of war (see 2 Kings 8:12; Isaiah 12:16-18; Hosea 10:14; Hosea 13:16; Nahum 3:10).
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/psalms/137-9.htm
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Adegoketheking: 8:13am On Oct 08, 2016
Amberon:
Nigga fvck off.... You will forever remain blinded by the truth as is the case with all other atheists. Only dumb low IQ dimwits argue over "nonexistent" beings. God is inexistent but you waste precious hours conversing about him. Bye Felicia!

Get well soon.
grin truth really got to your nerves bruh.

if you were smarter the question you'd ask next is "is conditional love bad?" but here you are ranting.

and who told you am an atheist? slowpoke

3 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by honourhim: 8:14am On Oct 08, 2016
plaetton:
Op Fail.

On the contrary.

Atheists enjoy a much better batting average with smart women than their religious counterparts.

Women tend to find atheists intriguing, smart, reality oriented and less pretentious.

Once you tell a woman that you're an atheist, it peaks her interest, her curiosity. You immediately stand out from the crowd.

Women married to atheists tend to be happier, because of the absence of that extra luggage.

Shut up and stop deceiving yourself. You are smart, intelligent etc just because you don't believe in God? Nah.. you are deceiving yourself. Only the fools among women will have this notion about atheists.
Tell me tangible things that you have achieved in life as a result of your atheism that no Christian can achieve. I mean how has atheism helped you to make a unique mark in your career, business or field of endeavour that no Christian can make?
If your claims of intelligence and smartness ends only in unbelief in God and making ridicule of the bible then you are stupid.

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by chubbyswit(m): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2016
Kay17:

Is it a higher or lower love?
there is nothing like higher or lower love, love is love. we only ve diff categories
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by BossLadyF(f): 8:28am On Oct 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

its your decision anyways

what if you marry a guy that changes to atheism 5 years down the line? what would you do?

This young man hasn't been to church for over a decade and grew up as an ATR adherent. Just as you've said, its fully my choice
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Mom007(f): 8:31am On Oct 08, 2016
You see the thing with atheists is that they really don't care one way or the other. They won't go around trying to change your mind or ensure their children become like them, I notice that is more of a Christian thing. But you right though, one should not marry an atheist. There may come a time when you're sorely tried and need the support of a Christian husband and you're stuck with someone who doesn't even believe in God.

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by shadeyinka(m): 8:40am On Oct 08, 2016
salauwale:

You have said it all, religious views are radical by their nature . That's taking the bull by the horn I agree with you 100%. But don't forget about grace, it supersedes commands don't it?
Love to me ain't a choice but that's a discussion for another thread

Grace!
Its a big spiritual grammer but its far much deeper. An aspect of grace is not breaking up under sustained unwanted pain or discomfort.

...from this we find the scripture "My grace is sufficient for you.." Could there be Sustained Pain? Yes! Could there be a sustained discomfort? Yes!

Did she count the cost puting this factor in view?

We choose to Love: What is the correct definition of Love? Well maybe another day...
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by anigbajumo(m): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

[s]Pls i have to disagree with this abeg. I am a christian but
How many times have u heard of atheists forming terrorist groups to defend allah like the muslim fanatics do? Atheists are far more peaceful than religious fanatics in a religion like Islam.[/s]
If u tell me that atheists are not better than comitted born again christians and liberal muslims, i may accept, but for atheists not being better than all religious people (both liberals, fanatic, extremist), then capital NO.

My only problem with atheists is the way they ridicule God and other people's religion, some words from them can be so shocking and have no boundaries, but i must confess that these people called atheists are very intelligent people.

Stop deceiving people out of yer ignorance, Muslim has nothing to do with terror attacks.Terrorist attacks Muslims mostly nd they had killed more Muslims than people from any other religion in the world.Pls don't come here nd paint Islam black in the name of justifying atheism. How many times av u seen Muslim on this forum open thread to against atheism or write something bad about atheist. So pls,stop tanish the image of Islam.

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2016
ilynem:

My brother, hell is a choice. God doesn't want you to perish in hell. God is not even angry with you because you an Atheist, that is the funny thing. He still loves you. But you have decided on your own to go to hell. Shikena
He so loves me, No wonder he created hell incase I don't love him back.

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 08, 2016
ilynem:

Ignorance. If God doesn't love you, you won't be alive. He doesn't just love Christians or else He wouldn't have died for sinners. So as Christians, we love you too and it is not wrong or unbibilical to marry an Atheist. But, for the sake of a peaceful marriage, I rather not.
Your point is so nonsensical paradox, how? You started with "Ignorance" and went on to exhibit the ignorance by stating, "If God doesn't love me, i won't be alive. So what you trying to say is God is aware of sick people who are currently bedridden and about to die but won't do nothing to keep them alive and he also don't love people who are in the mortuary right now because if he does, they wouldn't die.

4 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by banzuz(m): 8:58am On Oct 08, 2016
Ignorance at its peak. OP go get objectively inclined if you think an atheist will be subjective.

Christianity preach love with no condition , so when you said "no be this kind love" are you remixing the teaching of Christ?

If you detest Christian - atheist marriage then you will not promote Christian - Islam or Christian - Buddhist marriage which just confides your small brain to your village.

Be a global citizen man.

2 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Vick4rill(m): 9:20am On Oct 08, 2016
efemena24:
what makes you think that being a christian will make you a good partner, huh?? I've seen good Christians make rash decisions...
i think you have comprehension issues.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Nobleking2000(m): 9:30am On Oct 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I just felt compelled to explain things to you.

1. GOD created you. He owns you.

And so what I never begged him to create me.

2. GOD demands that you pay due obedience and respect to Him, as the Creator.

And if I refuses to do so. I will burn to infinity for doing so. it means that is no agape love in his type of love.

3. Sin is refusing to obey GOD.

4. GOD hates sin. His eyes are too pure to behold iniquity.

5. Sin pollutes GOD's creation. Disaster and death exist today because of sin. For the people who obey GOD, the presence of sin and its effect is enough torture.

6. GOD wants to rid His creation of sin and its effect, so that peace will reign.

7. It follows then that GOD will also get rid of those who have vowed to continue to practise sin, despite all the pleas and warnings from GOD.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by ilynem(m): 9:35am On Oct 08, 2016
aaronson:
Your point is so nonsensical paradox, how? You started with "Ignorance" and went on to exhibit the ignorance by stating, "If God doesn't love me, i won't be alive. So what you trying to say is God is aware of sick people who are currently bedridden and about to die but won't do nothing to keep them alive and he also don't love people who are in the mortuary right now because if he does, they wouldn't die.
At least speak like an educated person. I want to assume you are. If God doesn't love you, you won't be alive doesn't mean he hates those that are dead. He loves you but do you love Him back? That's where your problem is. He will give you chance after chance to change that's why He loves you. As for those that aren't alive, everyone has to die one day right including you and me. So my brother, Christianity is a choice so is Atheism. I have made mine, you have made yours. Leave us suffer the consequences of our choices. After all is being a Christian taking anything from you? No? Then leave us the hell alone!
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by ilynem(m): 9:36am On Oct 08, 2016
aaronson:
He so loves me, No wonder he created hell incase I don't love him back.
Hell is not for you. Its for the Devil and his agents. You can choose to become the devil's agent and follow him there.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by GiantParrot(m): 9:38am On Oct 08, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:
Pls i have some few personal questions i want atheists here to answer, i will really appreciate your responses cos i really want to understand how all of u guys see life and probably learn a thing or two.

1) Do u atheists completely disbelieve the existence of the spiritual realm or spiritual powers?
If yes, then are u guys saying spiritual practices like witchcraft, Occultism, Herbalist practices and prophecies are completely non-existent or completely powerless?

The atheist very likely does not believe in any of this. The agnostic would only be swayed by objective evidence completely devoid of foul play. Not hearsay or fear mongering. Any suspicion of attempts to deceive contaminates the evidence. So far, many agnostics have seen no objective and repeatable evidence.

SpicyJosBabe:
2) What if u guys had a spiritual attack or encounter?
What will you do?
Who will you go to for counsel?
How will you inteprete it?
Or will you guys say you have never had such encounters before?
If negative, then what about those who have had spiritual encounters? will you guys say such people are all lying or are just hallucinating?

What exactly is a spiritual encounter? Hallucination may actually be a credible explanation for what many influenced by fear interpret as spiritual encounters. I'm no expert here, but psychologists know today that influence of drugs and malfunctions in the brain for some reason can lead to what could be perceived as paranormal encounters. It is far more logical to believe explanations that use premises with repeatable outcomes, as can be seen with experiments using hallucination inducing drugs, than to believe in some indefensible explanation that thrives mostly in the presence of fear.

SpicyJosBabe:

3) Since you atheists don't have an officially unified code of guideliness or scriptural stipulations guiding your ways of life, do you guys personally define your own personal codes of conduct?
If yes, how do u know what is wrong or right?
If you say you depend on your conscience for what is wrong or right, how sure are you that a conscience may never go wrong, be broken or be hardened and hereby deliver wrong judgements?

As of today, right and wrong is determined by the law. Granted, the law may have some roots in religious principles. However in advanced countries, the laws have evolved in an attempt to ensure everyone gets justice and fairness. Am I saying just legal systems supersede popular religion? Yes of course. For example, neither Christianity or Islam condemn slavery. Both the quran and the bible's Old Testament encourage slavery. The New Testament admonishes slaves on how to be better slaves. But a completely earthly body in the form of UN has been working very hard to eradicate slavery! Legal codes recognize that justice and fairness to all provides the best environment for collective human progress, and there lies the basis for morality.

4 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Antiparticle(m): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2016
Hey bro, thx for the measured and thoughtful response.

I have written down different versions of my story on NL including this long writeup about my journey into disbelief, this short post about my disillusionment with Christianity, this post about my views on prophecies and miracles, this response to a Nairalander on the revisionist history of Christianity, and this brief conclusion on the idea of god/gods. Writing out these posts was therapeutic and cathartic for me.

DoctorAlien:
Antiparticle,

I understand where you're coming from, and I must admit that for an atheist(or someone who doesn't believe in GOD), you're really civil and ready to reason.

Well, I cannot presume to say that I have represented Christ's love as good as I should have done it. However, I know I have tried to reason with many a skeptic from the "Christ's love" point of view. The fact remains, unfortunately, that many will still not believe. The Bible has to be true in Psalm 14:1.

I'm somewhat intrigued that you, a person who had found "Christ's love", no longer believes in Jesus Christ.

Why did you abandon Christianity? What questions shook your faith in Christ? What discoveries did you make? What was the last straw that broke the camel's back?
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by frank317: 9:49am On Oct 08, 2016
shadeyinka:

Oh! Hearing that is good news for your relationship if and only if you won't change your mind in the future.

Your second paragraph:
Everyone going into any marriage should count the cost and choose not to fret over the consequence of their choices. If a girl marries me even though she knows I have a low sperm count, then down in the marriage if no child comes up, she mustn't fret for that will kill whatever love that brought them together. So it is for both of you..count the cost and discuss about it. No two ways about communication that revolve around this.

My normal self will not encourage the union (strictly from christian point of view) but if the cost has been well factored into the relationship then the marriage will work very well.

Love is NOT a feeling
Love is a CHOICE

Don't worry, to me, it's just a believe in something that does not exist... I grew up around many people like that, I know how to handle u guys than u know how to handle people like me.

I love my baby and nothing u say can stop that.

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by efemena24(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2016
Vick4rill:
i think you have comprehension issues.
No, I don't
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Seun(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2016
benodic:

one of my colleagues at work is an atheist. funny enough he is married to a born again lady with lovely kids. he attends church and knows the bible in and out better than most christians and he even invited us to the church the day he was made an elder in the church.
this guy is so full of love, which was what really attracted his wife to him and he is one of my best friends. A man i can always rely on when i need help. he gives love without discrimination even to the christians in our work place who keeps telling him to his face that he is going to hell.
Woe, interesting. Does his church know that he is an atheist? Which church?
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by samsam2019: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2016
Vick4rill:
Unless you are ready to be an atheist yourself, don't ever believe you guys will be able to tolerate each other for long. Forget about the "bullshit" about both of you, loving yourselves and being tolerant to one another. That assertion can never work. How can u spend your life with somebody who thinks that your "belief" is delusional and plain foolishness?

How can you train your children in such a man's house? What if he decides that his children will become atheists too? What will happen when both of you are supposed to pray and come together as a family? Do you think such a person will tolerate ur pastors or church members visiting you in his house?

Avoid atheists like plagues. Don't ever think you can change or convert him, once you people are married. There is no any good quality that any atheist possesses, that is not found among the Christian brothers. Just pray hard and God will give you a good believer that will give you more happiness than any atheist can ever think of giving you.
and then you get upset when atheists think most religious people are brain dead scumbags.

You see why the world is at war now? Imagine people of the same race and tribe hating each other over some invisible God that gives no crap about you?

2 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by samsam2019: 10:18am On Oct 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Marry an atheist and ruin your marital life forever . He subscribes to subjective morality - he'll beat the hell outa you and justify his actions . grin

99.9% of wife beater are Christians and Muslims

So shut up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by samsam2019: 10:19am On Oct 08, 2016
Amberon:
Lol....when atheists think they can use the bible against us.

There are different kinds of love and I definitely cannot do the "Eros" with an atheist.
Atheists should marry their fellow atheists.
and this makes sense to you?
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Seun(m): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2016
Mom007:
There may come a time when you're sorely tried and need the support of a Christian husband and you're stuck with someone who doesn't even believe in God.
I think a spouse who offers practical solutions to your difficulties is far more valuable than one whose solution to every difficult problem is prayer and fasting and what does the bible say, which tends to fail precisely when you need it most. (Actually, it always fails, but you won't realize it until it fails you in a big way)

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Atheistan: 10:28am On Oct 08, 2016
Vick4rill:
Unless you are ready to be an atheist yourself, don't ever believe you guys will be able to tolerate each other for long. Forget about the "bullshit" about both of you, loving yourselves and being tolerant to one another. That assertion can never work. How can u spend your life with somebody who thinks that your "belief" is delusional and plain foolishness?

How can you train your children in such a man's house? What if he decides that his children will become atheists too? What will happen when both of you are supposed to pray and come together as a family? Do you think such a person will tolerate ur pastors or church members visiting you in his house?

Avoid atheists like plagues. Don't ever think you can change or convert him, once you people are married. There is no any good quality that any atheist possesses, that is not found among the Christian brothers. Just pray hard and God will give you a good believer that will give you more happiness than any atheist can ever think of giving you.
so Christians should not marry Muslims or any other person from another religion?
how can spouses deal with their kids choosing the right religion when both are from different religions?
the same reasons you stated apply to people from different religions getting married.
more so please don't mistake our disbelief and tag it that we take you believers as being stupid..
do you take a Muslim as being stupid
so why would think such about us
you guys fail to understand atheist, we simply don't care, about you going to church everyday, about you praying, we don't bother!
listen to this about parenting, atheism is not a religion!! atheists are not converts, although we where all born atheists. parents can choose how to raise their kids in love.
the OP acts as if he dosnt know that in most Christian families the dads hardly go to church, nor partake in religious activities....
religion is not a yardstick that marriages will work. take note!!!
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Seun(m): 10:30am On Oct 08, 2016
ilynem:

Hell is not for you. Its for the Devil and his agents. You can choose to become the devil's agent and follow him there.
It is unjust to impose an infinite punishment for a finite crime. Even Hitler does not deserve to be burned alive for ever and ever. ISIS has never burned anyone alive for more than a few minutes, despite being the most barbaric people in the world. The obvious injustice of the Christian concept of hell perfectly demonstrates the ethical shortcomings of the men who came up with it. Yes, they were men.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Atheistan: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2016
Seun:
I think a spouse who offers practical solutions to your difficulties is far more valuable than one whose solution to every difficult problem is prayer and fasting and what does the bible say, which tends to fail precisely when you need it most. (Actually, it always fails, but you won't realize it until it fails you in a big way)
thank you seun!!!
practical solutions are what we need.
"..i have discovered praying, it will save me millions in charity donations".

4 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by shadeyinka(m): 10:38am On Oct 08, 2016
frank317:

Don't worry, to me, it's just a believe in something that does not exist... I grew up around many people like that, I know how to handle u guys than u know how to handle people like me.

I love my baby and nothing u say can stop that.

I think you are getting me wrong. I am not prophecying doom for your relationship. I don't have the right!

I am just pointing out an issue that "hot love" overlook until reality sets in. I hope then, you would not say that you are putting down your foot on religious issues.

What happens along the line if your wife becomes religiously "fanatical" over "what doesn't exist!".

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice / Walk out on masturbation. / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.