Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,991 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (21642 Views)

Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / I Hate Nigeria With A Passion / All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by londoner: 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2009
@Tosh acer, ,.you obviously havent been anywhere where you could learn how to speak without being offensive. At least behave like an adult. Noone is saying Nigeria is hell, but when the obvious priviledged in Nigeria make it out to be like that of the countries they have visted in the west, they make a mockery of what ordinary Nigerians go through every day. I have love for Nigeria, but that will not make me lie about the reality, it shouldn't make you either.

So, you tell me which one of the list I provided is untrue  in today's Nigeria?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 02, 2009
[flash=150,150]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqQ8lsQ2axU&feature=related[/flash]
in the words of Akon

A
This is for all the love
And the life took away
F
Don't forget we were bought and trade
R
ripped from the land and shipped away
I
Is the inspiration we use to survive
C
Have to see it with your own eyes
A
No play add it up and arrive

Still you don't know
The land is so gold and green
The place is so fresh and clean
And everyday I water my garden

Tell me if you feel it deep in your heart
This place is so cool and nice

Visit once, guaranteed to visit twice

And if you just believe in the most high

I know you'll be all right
A
That's my favorite place when I need to get away
F
Must forget but we can't forget to pray
R
Like Lance ridin' on the runway
I
In my homeland and I'm feelin' so alive
C
Imagine Africa unite
A
Gonna accept mass alright

Still you don't know
Skin is so dark and brown
She lifts me right off the ground
But no you not gonna see it on your TV
So just listen up and believe me
Her trees have the only cure
Her love is so new and pure
Had to kiss them troubles goodbye bye
No I don't have to lie

Africa,Naija all the same
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 2:51pm On Nov 02, 2009

Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by pinpin: 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2009
I'M SURE IF ALL THE SO CALLED OYINBO WOULD DECIDE TO SHIFT TO AFRICA, ALL YOU GUYS WOULD FOLLOW. IS IT UNTIL OYINBO GAVE SOYINKA NOBEL AWARD THAT HE FELT ACCOMPLISHED.
THEN YOU ALL SHOULD BURIED THERE WHEN YOU DIE OLD INSTEAD OF HERE SO THAT YOUR BONE WOULD NOT BE USED BY HERBALIST. RUBBISH, HOME IS HOME, IT IS WHAT YOU CALL YOURSELF PEOPLE WOULD CALL YOU.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by londoner: 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2009
People really shouldn't be laughing at the deplorable state of things in Nigeria, that is still our fatherland.

However far too many Nigerians like to bury their heads in the sand. You do Nigeria no justice by pretending the criticisms are undeserved.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2009
pinpin:

I'M SURE IF ALL THE SO CALLED OYINBO WOULD DECIDE TO SHIFT TO AFRICA, ALL YOU GUYS WOULD FOLLOW. IS IT UNTIL OYINBO GAVE SOYINKA NOBEL AWARD THAT HE FELT ACCOMPLISHED.
THEN YOU ALL SHOULD BURIED THERE WHEN YOU DIE OLD INSTEAD OF HERE SO THAT YOUR BONE WOULD NOT BE USED BY HERBALIST. RUBBISH, HOME IS HOME, IT IS WHAT YOU CALL YOURSELF PEOPLE WOULD CALL YOU.

Talking of herbalists. Is it "diasporians" that promote rituals for politics?

Una no dey shame? People are wherever they are on the Planet scrounging to make the country a better place. Then some bastards start trying to divide the victims of bad governance against themselves.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by sjeezy8: 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2009
^^^^ look at dis fisherman remove that shit jare

I dont know where this silly ass topic came from but everyone i know is itching to return to naija. Nigeria in the next decade will have a boost in its economy and private industry. So the best thing for someone to do is go abroad to save money/school ONLY and go back to Nigeria. The most simplest of things are being introduced to Nigeria and people are becoming millionaires overnight.

This is not even about loving your homeland, simple business, go to naija with connections from abroad and you will become a millionaire. Once the govt allow privatization of electricity and co, Nigeria will change, thats all because white ceos are now wanting to penetrate the business in Africa namely Nigeria esp Lagos.

For those in naija who want to leave and not return GO PLEASE. More money for me, my family and paddys to enjoy. It doesnt take a genius to become a millionaire esp in Nigeria.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by omar22(m): 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2009
There is nothing you enjoy in Europe or American that i dont enjoy the equivalent here in Naija. I dare you to mention it.

Lets compare the Lagos Ibadan expressway which I believe was completed in 1977 or 1978, to the M1 motorway which completed in 1959

Make your judgement

Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2009
@sjeezy
The argument here is if "diasporians" hate Nigeria, read the title. Man, you're stupid.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2009
@sjeezy
Why are you so stupid? Has any "diasporian" you've met said they don't want to go back? Man, you're stupid.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by londoner: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2009
sjeezy8, I do agree with you there, but what about the have nots in Nigeria?, Its all fine and dandy if you are educated and have means to bypass what the ordinary Nigerian experiences, but most of the population dont have the opportunity to do that, should their experiences just be ignored and swept under the carpet? Really if we want a better country (not just a handful of individuals doing better), we really have to face reality and start changing it.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2009
ehie:

[flash=150,150]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqQ8lsQ2axU&feature=related[/flash]
in the words of Akon

A
This is for all the love
And the life took away
F
Don't forget we were bought and trade
R
ripped from the land and shipped away
I
Is the inspiration we use to survive
C
Have to see it with your own eyes
A
No play add it up and arrive

Still you don't know
The land is so gold and green
The place is so fresh and clean
And everyday I water my garden

Tell me if you feel it deep in your heart
This place is so cool and nice

Visit once, guaranteed to visit twice

And if you just believe in the most high

I know you'll be all right
A
That's my favorite place when I need to get away
F
Must forget but we can't forget to pray
R
Like Lance ridin' on the runway
I
In my homeland and I'm feelin' so alive
C
Imagine Africa unite
A
Gonna accept mass alright

Still you don't know
Skin is so dark and brown
She lifts me right off the ground
But no you not gonna see it on your TV
So just listen up and believe me
Her trees have the only cure
Her love is so new and pure
Had to kiss them troubles goodbye bye
No I don't have to lie

Africa,Naija all the same

Ask Akon and his family what there are still doing in oyibo land. Tell him to pack his kaya and move to Sierra Leon.
Patriotism is not all about making emotional tunes.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2009
Nuzo
u will always remain a slave
anyway i have to go water my garden, u cant,cos ure saying yesa masa
mordern day slave
tufiakwa
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by sjeezy8: 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2009
Beaf:

@sjeezy
Why are you so stupid? Has "diasporian" you've met said they don't want to go back? Man, you're stupid.

maybe the pollution in your area, spoiled that your brain when you were in naija. look and read ode

For those in naija who want to leave and not return GO PLEASE. More money for me, my family and paddys to enjoy. It doesnt take a genius to become a millionaire esp in Nigeria.

now where do you see anything like "Has "diasporian" you've met said they don't want to go back"

londoner:

sjeezy8, I do agree with you there, but what about the have nots in Nigeria?, Its all fine and dandy if you are educated and have means to bypass what the ordinary Nigerian experiences, but most of the population dont have the opportunity to do that, should their experiences just be ignored and swept under the carpet? Really if we want a better country (not just a handful of individuals doing better), we really have to face reality and start changing it.

i agree
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by emaginate: 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2009
i think we should start a new thread, why we hate nigerians abroad so much
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2009
omar22:

Lets compare the Lagos Ibadan expressway which I believe was completed in 1977 or 1978, to the M1 motorway which completed in 1959

Make your judgement

yes, a lot of the roads are bad, no doubt. Besides, we have a very poor maintenance culture in Nigeria.

However:

Lagos — Concessionaire of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Bi-Courtney Highway Services Limited, yesterday launched its presence to commence

work at the Lagos end of the 105-kilometre road following the expiration of eviction notices served on trespassers to vacate the right of way.Leading the construction team at the site, Bi-Courtney Chairman, Dr. Wale Babalakin, SAN, said, "We cannot wait a second longer to start work.

The longer we wait, the more deplorable the road becomes, and the longer it takes for motorists to ply through."Bi-Courtney is to finance the reconstruction, expansion and modernisation of the 30-year-old road with N90billion under a Design-Build-Operate-Transfer scheme to run for 25 years.

Yesterday, the construction team inspected structures along the road at the Lagos end in readiness for the movement of heavy-duty equipment to site later in the day.

Owners of some of the illegal structures were seen trying to move away their valuables while most others were yet to make any move to vacate the right of way.Ministry of Works, Housing and Urban Development had issued the first eviction notices on 24 July, 2009, followed by a reminder on 3 August 2009.

The last notice given the trespassers a seven-day ultimatum was issued on 25 August 2009.According to the notices, by virtue of the concession agreement signed in May, Bi-Courtney "is to take full responsibility of the Expressway, the right of way and other properties along the corridor, " including all structures previously owned and managed by the Ministry.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200908280208.html
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2009
ehie:

Nuzo
mordern day slave
tufiakwa

First of all, I am a businessman. . . so I dont work for nobody, hence no need to say yesa masa to any gaddamned person.
Secondly, the tax I pay are used to provide me with basic amenities like water, electricity, world class transportation system etc. But your taxes and resources ends in few pockets, leaving your smelly ars in situation as seen in pics posted by Beaf and thereby making you a slave to the government, your family, friends and whoever is blind to pay to have sex with you.

Now, who is the real slave; you or your father?

Bastard!
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by londoner: 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2009
@tpia, I do believe and hope that Nigeria will be in a better place in the next five or ten years, people are tired of the way things have been.

Lots of road works in Abuja also, especially airport road and other states also have plans to improve.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by r231(m): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2009
ehie:

Nuzo
mordern day slave
tufiakwa

so are you saying pple in 9ja don't say dat
for what is worth some of us do run our own business you knw and we have oyinbo working for us so its not dat bad. If you are comfortable where you are and you are not subject to any illegal mess den sky is your limit if you can make it work simple. we all don't need to be calling each other names just cus we have different opinion about stuff come on nowww
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by sjeezy8: 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2009
Not only do they have poor maintenance culture but complete village mentality.

Owners of some of the illegal structures were seen trying to move away their valuables while most others were yet to make any move to vacate the right of way.Ministry of Works, Housing and Urban Development had issued the first eviction notices on 24 July, 2009, followed by a reminder on 3 August 2009.

The last notice given the trespassers a seven-day ultimatum was issued on 25 August 2009.According to the notices, by virtue of the concession agreement signed in May, Bi-Courtney "is to take full responsibility of the Expressway, the right of way and other properties along the corridor, " including all structures previously owned and managed by the Ministry.

When people try and clean up Nigerias image in terms of housing and development by knocking down illegal structures they label you a bad person. Like Fashola
Everyone can see the divide in who favors his governance and who doesnt. Paying your taxes and not having illegal housing is foreign and is objected by most Nigerians. Nigerians back home want all the good things but arent ready to pay for it.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by newdeal(m): 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
I think it is unpatriotic for any Nigerian to hate Nigeria, simply because things are not the way they should be for no justifiable reasons, whether such a person lives in Nigeria or not. What is the prove of Love if you will only love the 'lovable'?. History is an eloquent testimony that other countries have been through even worse of cases of bad leaderships, mismanagement of resources and sheer cruelty and wickedness that we are facing, but they came out of it, stronger even! Bad leadership and politics without focus is our bane, but it will not go on indefinitely.

To be honest, there is no day that passes that I do not miss Naija; the rhythms, the warmth, the communal concerns, the hagglings in the market places, the rushes at bus stops, the jokes at newspaper stands, the laughter at beer parlours, the traditions at formal occasions like marriages, , as opposed to this cold, self centered, impersonal, so callled developed world. Close to two years now and I still see myself here as a pilgrim, a hunter in search of game, I love my country, no matter what, I think its innate.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by londoner: 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2009
sjeezy8:

Not only do they have poor maintenance culture but complete village mentality.

When people try and clean up Nigerias image in terms of housing and development by knocking down illegal structures they label you a bad person. Like Fashola
Everyone can see the divide in who favors his governance and who doesnt. Paying your taxes and not having illegal housing is foreign and is objected by most Nigerians. Nigerians back home want all the good things but arent ready to pay for it.

100% correct for the vast majority I have come into contact with.

@newdeal, you make some true points many countries have been through what Nigeria is and are going through worse as we speak, but we shouldn't use that to justify the state of affairs. Right now we should be putting our quota in to bring about the necessary changes, otherwise Nigeria will not emerge greater, but get worse.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
The truth behind this thread is that, govt has seen the sophistication of Nigerians abroad who care for the country. And they a scared bleeping stiff.

Light Up Nigeria (http://www.lightupnigeria.org/) started a few short weeks ago, as a complaint on NL by some of "The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad". Already, they have made it to CNN.

Instead of attacking Nigerians who live abroad, the govt is better off cleaning up its act.

[size=14pt]Government corruption and ineptitude are the real problem.[/size]

. . .Just that bastards like tosh_acer were born blind, deaf and dumb.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
My God
Nuzo
Ure still on
geez u are really a layabout
however while i was out i realised tht some people have the soul of slaves.
when your ancestors were jumping ships or commiting sucide instead of being slaves,u have embraced it with all sorts.
anyway can a person's soul be changed?
nada
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 02, 2009
ehie:

My God
Nuzo
Ure still on
geez u are really a layabout
however while i was out i realised tht some people have the soul of slaves.
when your ancestors were jumping ships or commiting sucide instead of being slaves,u have embraced it with all sorts.
anyway a person's soul be changed
nada

Carry go! cool
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nezan(m): 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2009
[size=38pt]We like 9ja![/size]
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by otukpo(f): 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2009
I LOVE NIGERIA
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by vicade(m): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2009
Amidst all the corruption and mismanagement,people still have a cause to smile and party.We are born survivors. No light but we still get cold water and clothes are ironed. Bad roads but we ultimately get to our destination(Okada lol). Poverty is present but i have never seen anyone die of startvation. Things are bad and could be worse but one has to look on the bright side et al fashola. The Governor of Lagos state is doing wonders are people in Lagos are now paying their taxes and even contributing to Lagos state development in our own little way.There is hope for Nigeria. I am a proud Lagosian and a Prouder Nigerian and anybody that hates Nigeria simply because the goons in power are bad.then such person needs ARO.

Nigeria Go Survive Hate it or Love it. I LOVE NIGERIA.I LOVE NIGERIANS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm5QHPJIE_E
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by toshacer: 4:20pm On Nov 02, 2009
bEAF

All those names are for your father- hahahaha- idiot bastard.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by lawrence83: 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2009
at pictures
we have a long way to go, but i still love my country.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by hbrednic: 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2009
Beaf:

Talking of herbalists. Is it "diasporians" that promote rituals for politics?

Una no dey shame? People are wherever they are on the Planet scrounging to make the country a better place. Then some bastards start trying to divide the victims of bad governance against themselves.

@Beaf
pls can run bring down this pic,that lovely innocent girl is somebodys relation.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by hbrednic: 4:36pm On Nov 02, 2009
vicade:

Amidst all the corruption and mismanagement,people still have a cause to smile and party.We are born survivors. No light but we still get cold water and clothes are ironed. Bad roads but we ultimately get to our destination(Okada lol). Poverty is present but i have never seen anyone die of startvation. Things are bad and could be worse but one has to look on the bright side et al fashola. The Governor of Lagos state is doing wonders are people in Lagos are now paying their taxes and even contributing to Lagos state development in our own little way.There is hope for Nigeria. I am a proud Lagosian and a Prouder Nigerian and anybody that hates Nigeria simply because the goons in power are bad.then such person needs ARO.

Nigeria Go Survive Hate it or Love it. I LOVE NIGERIA.I LOVE NIGERIANS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm5QHPJIE_E

more like sufring and smiling,dude you have only one life to live dont just waist it on SURVIVAL alone grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Two Female Suicide Bombers Hit GSM Market, Potiskum, Yobe State / Flood Submerge Bridge In Kaduna (photos) / Osinbajo Meets Dangote, ONE Campaign Team In Abuja - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.