Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (21641 Views)

Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / I Hate Nigeria With A Passion / All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by sherrify: 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2009
WHO SAYS WE HATE HOME, NOT EVEN NOW WITH THE USELESS CRISIS ALL OVER EUROPE AND AMERICA,
WE SHOULD NOT DECIEVE OURSELVE THOU FOR THOSE JUST COMMIN THEY WANNA COME NO MATTER WHAT, THE TRUTH IS THAT GUYS ARE HUSSLING TIGHT AT THE MOMENT SO AS TO BE ABLE TO COME HOME FINALLY AND SOME KINDA INVESTMENT WHEATHER SMALL OR BIG,
AND ALSO TRYIN TO MAKE SURE THEY CAN ALWAYS VISIT WHENEVER THEY WANNA GO ON HOLIDAY,
NO PLACE LIKE HOME MEN, WHOEVER SAYS HE DON'T LIKE HOME IS PROBABLY HIDING FROM SUMTIN,HE DOES NOT WANT GUYS TO KNOW AT HOME,
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by IykeD1(m): 1:21pm On Nov 03, 2009
Lets face it, most Nigerians in the Diaspora do not hate Nigeria, what they hate is what Nigeria has become.
Of course, those of you in Nigeria may deny it due to patriotic reasons, but fact is NIGERIA IS A SHIT HOLE of
a country. I say that with love.

You guys can kid yourself all you want to, but fact is Nigeria is a laughing stock in the world and this has nothing
to do with those in the Diaspora.  A case in point is the country's preparation for the on-going Under-17 World
Cup.  You can bet yourself that it will be ages before FIFA allows Nigeria to host anything of that magnitude.

I carry a blue passport and I love it. If it makes any of you feel better to believe that all Nigerians in the Diaspora
are slaves, then continue to do so.  Last time I was in Nigeria (5 months ago), I saw so many Indians, Chinese,
and Ukranians being treated far better than most average Nigerians. I saw old Nigerians being abused and
mal-treated by fellow Nigerians - so much for us being slaves.

I commend Fashola for what he is doing in Lagos, I wish there were thousands like him in leadership positions
across the country, but lets not pretend that Nigeria is such a great place because there is nothing remotely great
about Nigeria. The country will begin the process of moving forward if collectively people can begin to acknowledge
that things are really bad and that a change of course is long over due. You and your family may have all the cash
in the world to burn, but that does not make a successful country.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Eziachi: 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2009
I am sure many of us were born, grew up and always hear about how "WE GO SURVIVE". It’s nice to tell Nigerians, especially the mentally blinded patriots at home that, there are more to life than just living in constant survival all the time. Life is for living, enjoying, and not just eking out a living or survival all your life.  Many nations both big and small had at one time in their history suffered economic, natural disasters, hardships, but they had always bounced back within a short period in their life and enjoyed life as they always strive to improve on what they got.

But in Nigerian’s case, the few elites, few thousands in their number had continued to pull a wool over the eyes of millions of stupid others. Telling them that it took other nations millions of years to see the light of the day.  But they will turn around and seek medical attention when ill abroad, send their children to school abroad, keep their stolen wealth abroad, drive the  most modern car and never drive the 1960 Peugeot 404 since it took the maker many years before the make the most modern Peugeot car. Just because MRI scan is not available 40 years ago doesn’t mean it can’t be useful to ordinary Nigerians in 2009, so they had to wait for another 40 years before they can use it.

And most unfortunate Nigerian living at home will buy such reasoning from their fake patriotic elitist leaders, all in the name of patriotism or love of father land. What they have failed to know is that no westerner will live like a Nigerian for a single day, let alone a life time.  It was lack of opportunity by few British/Irish in the 18th century that prompted them to leave and seek any pasture in the new world, called United States of America today.
But my experience of having lived in England since I was 18 in 1972 has shown me that patriotism is based on treatment the citizen gets from their nation.  That is why various governments and political parties all over the world always strive for new ideas on how to make their people most comfortable or they will never smell power. They never rely on what was already in existing, but always try to better what is available.

But with most home based Nigerians, rights are considered a privilege. Building a road no matter the quality is considered a governmental achievement instead rightly viewed as a basic human need. Some idiots even posted a picture of Murtala Muhammed airport in Lagos built many years ago and still without update features seen with modern airports day.  Addis Ababa airport in Ethiopia will put that Lagos airport to shame with its every nooks and corners all covered with marbles, Clean, No touts, No over grown weed surroundings but with modern landscaping looks.   But what the poster of MMA picture had failed to show us is the picture of customs officials at that same airport in Lagos still searching passengers luggage’s with their bare hands.  

No scanning machine in the year 2009. As Enugu airport still show flight schedule times, courtesy of a blackboard and a white chalk. Landing at Port Harcourt airport today, you will think that you are landing at an airfield abandoned after a bombing raid in a war zone. But it’s called international airport, and was supposed to have had a face lift that took the better of three years to finish.

Inside the Port Harcourt landing hall itself, you are confronted with something that is smaller than my front room house in Florida, surrounded by hungry looking countless armed forces branches from the army to a common road corps, who has no business in an airport arrival hall. With the conveyer belt in the arrival hall not working at all, as all luggage’s is carried with bare hands by some men who will riffle through them before they bring it out and if you are stupid to left your baggage not well secured, you find all your valuable stuff missing afterward.

This is what Nigerians abroad can't stomach anymore,  the degree of incompetence in Nigeria, they realise that patriotism doesn’t translate into being stupid, blind and unfortunate, they longer have excuses, when even Vietnam is now a booming holiday destinations for millions of foreign tourist worldwide despite being razed to ashes in the 70s through war.  It is difficult to love Nigeria, just like it will be difficult to love ones father who is a convicted rapist or murderer. The line of loyalty and patriotism has to be drawn sometime if you are true to yourself.

Nigerians at home had been brainwashed so much that they now accept anything thrown at them by the elite. And that is what most Nigerians abroad can't take anymore, the unending excuses for failure. Having something nice to eat, to wear and a decent place of abode is not a privilege but a right and Nigeria had the mean to provide them in multiple and until some folks in Nigeria starts thinking that way. Nigeria will always be a hell hole and no wonder current life expectancy is now just over forty.  IF YOU ARE INSIDE THE LUCKY BRACKET.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Vavavoom(m): 2:02pm On Nov 03, 2009
Iyke-D:

Lets face it, most Nigerians in the Diaspora do not hate Nigeria, what they hate is what Nigeria has become.
Of course, those of you in Nigeria may deny it due to patriotic reasons, but fact is NIGERIA IS A SHIT HOLE of
a country. I say that with love.

You guys can kid yourself all you want to, but fact is Nigeria is a laughing stock in the world and this has nothing
to do with those in the Diaspora.  A case in point is the country's preparation for the on-going Under-17 World
Cup.  You can bet yourself that it will be ages before FIFA allows Nigeria to host anything of that magnitude.

I carry a blue passport and I love it. If it makes any of you feel better to believe that all Nigerians in the Diaspora
are slaves, then continue to do so.  Last time I was in Nigeria (5 months ago), I saw so many Indians, Chinese,
and Ukranians being treated far better than most average Nigerians. I saw old Nigerians being abused and
mal-treated by fellow Nigerians - so much for us being slaves.

I commend Fashola for what he is doing in Lagos, I wish there were thousands like him in leadership positions
across the country, but lets not pretend that Nigeria is such a great place because there is nothing remotely great
about Nigeria. The country will begin the process of moving forward if collectively people can begin to acknowledge
that things are really bad and that a change of course is long over due. You and your family may have all the cash
in the world to burn, but that does not make a successful country.

@ Iyke-D,

We are witnessing a systemic grounding of the people's will to challenge the status quo by the Selected few. The suffering many are mentally in comatose, hardly can think and have accepted change will only come as a result of wait-and-see. Those in denial know and desire change but seem helpless, conditioned by the insticnt to survive first while dying slowly. We are in a dilemma. The stalemate where the many without the experience of any knowledge of change hang in hope that succor will one day come sad.
It is very complex, an intricate weave of dismay and hope. So we hear things like, '' when my brother enter, my uncle dey power, our own don beta''. Success to many here isn't viewed collectively, but singularly. That's why the road that leads to the mansion is either patchy or not tarred. People hardly talk of success and country in the same line of sentence down here*shakes my head*, the country comes second to people's aspiration and there my friend is the crux of the matter.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by axeman85(m): 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
i am nigerian living in uk for 6years, but notwithstanding, despite the availability of amenities and infastructures in uk, i still love naija despite anything else, i love naija so much i have been there 3 times this year and cant wait to go back again and looking forward to go back finally. there is no place like home, for the last year my routine has been the same here in uk, wake up in the morning, go to school and after go to work and come back home same thing monday to saturday. i dont want to live my life like that, i want to be free to go out, hange out with friends, collegues on the island or cinemans after work, enjoy the weather naija has to offer, dont have to keep buying shoes all the time and having flu as well as having to put up with so many rubbish and bullshit with plenty things.

i was born and grew up in naija , spent a few god years of my life in lagos and coming to the uk doesnt mean i will despise naija, i have gained my qualifications and skills from the uk which i paid for, so i will take it back to go and develop my beloved country and hopefully together naija can change for the better. forget mosquito, forget nepa, forget bad roads, there were there when we were born so we cant say because we have travelled abroad we will not want to go back home.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by chire(m): 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2009
Nigeria!!
With all its lack of infrastructure and its endless problems,NIGERIA IS STILL A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY.
I will always love you,Nigeria.
There is no place like home.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by beneli(m): 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2009
axeman85:

i am nigerian living in uk for 6years, but notwithstanding, despite the availability of amenities and infastructures in uk, i still love naija despite anything else, i love naija so much i have been there 3 times this year and cant wait to go back again and looking forward to go back finally. there is no place like home, for the last year my routine has been the same here in uk, wake up in the morning, go to school and after go to work and come back home same thing monday to saturday. i dont want to live my life like that, i want to be free to go out, hange out with friends, collegues on the island or cinemans after work, enjoy the weather naija has to offer, dont have to keep buying shoes all the time and having flu as well as having to put up with so many rubbish and bullshit with plenty things.

i was born and grew up in naija , spent a few god years of my life in lagos and coming to the uk doesnt mean i will despise naija, i have gained my qualifications and skills from the uk which i paid for, so i will take it back to go and develop my beloved country and hopefully together naija can change for the better. forget mosquito, forget nepa, forget bad roads, there were there when we were born so we cant say because we have travelled abroad we will not want to go back home.

Your perspective is faultless, except for the part in bold. And yes, i did see the part where you mentioned wanting to come back to develop the country etc, but my questions remain:

Why must we forget the mosquitoes, when their scourge could have already been (nay should have been) curbed by a responsible and functioning public health system?
Why must we forget about 'NEPA when having a constant supply of power and electricity is NOT a privilege, at least not in a society like Nigeria?
Why must we forget about the bad roads? Abi na curse?! If na curse, why are our 'prayer warriors' and 'men of god' only focused on personal enrichment and financial break throughs and not trying to do anything about it? Why is it okay to live perpetually at such bewildering poverty levels that makes others dismiss us as an unserious people with no self respect and think that this is 'living'? Some teenagers across the pond would probably ask 'are you guys (i.e.nigerians) for real?'

The fact that the things you mentioned were there 'before we were born', makes it even more shameful that the problems continue to plague us even today! Like somebody already said, we have run out of excuses for the state we are in today as a nation.A lot of the people abroad come back, just like you do but that does not mean they should 'forget', by which you probably mean 'ignore' the unforgivable level of neglect and decay that assaults ones senses from the moment the aeroplane starts to descend into Naija.

So my good friend, we should not continue to ignore or even forget that we are being taken for a ride in Nigeria. Because the next generation will certainly not forgive us if we do.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2009
beneli:

Your perspective is faultless, except for the part in bold. And yes, i did see the part where you mentioned wanting to come back to develop the country etc, but my questions remain:

Why must we forget the mosquitoes, when their scourge could have already been (nay should have been) curbed by a responsible and functioning public health system?
Why must we forget about 'NEPA when having a constant supply of power and electricity is NOT a privilege, at least not in a society like Nigeria?
Why must we forget about the bad roads? Abi na curse?! If na curse, why are our 'prayer warriors' and 'men of god' only focused on personal enrichment and financial break throughs and not trying to do anything about it? Why is it okay to live perpetually at such bewildering poverty levels that makes others dismiss us as an unserious people with no self respect and think that this is 'living'? Some teenagers across the pond would probably ask 'are you guys (i.e.nigerians) for real?'

The fact that the things you mentioned were there 'before we were born', makes it even more shameful that the problems continue to plague us even today! Like somebody already said, we have run out of excuses for the state we are in today as a nation.A lot of the people abroad come back, just like you do but that does not mean they should 'forget', by which you probably mean 'ignore' the unforgivable level of neglect and decay that assaults ones senses from the moment the aeroplane starts to descend into Naija.

So my good friend, we should not continue to ignore or even forget that we are being taken for a ride in Nigeria. Because the next generation will certainly not forgive us if we do.

The dude is like the case of someone that think the govt is doing him a favor by developing the roads and investing in power generation.
These are all things that the govt ought to give to the people and it is the people's right.
It is a great thing to go back and develop Nigeria, but then, that is if given the opportunity, i have seen few Nigerian from here that moved back to Nija and came back within months, cos Nija is a jungle and only few can survive it.
I will move back to Nigeria within a heart beat, but it is important to be able to enjoy constant electricity, the roads has to be fixed, security is important, and the health care system needed to be revamped . . . .how can a nation like Nija has a life expectancy of 43 years of a age . . .that is a shame
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2009
axeman85:

for the last year my routine has been the same here in uk, wake up in the morning, go to school and after go to work and come back home same thing monday to saturday. i dont want to live my life like that, i want to be free to go out, hange out with friends, collegues on the island or cinemans after work, enjoy the weather naija has to offer, dont have to keep buying shoes all the time and having flu as well as having to put up with so many rubbish and bullshit with plenty things.

I have a question for you. It seems when many think of Nigeria, they think of a place with NO work to do and what nots.

You say you have a routine now (go to school and after go to work and come back home same thing Monday to Saturday), my question to you is Do you think the same routine would not apply IF you were in Nigeria today?  People complain a lot about this and I wonder what they mean by all this. What is stopping you now from hanging with your friends, colleagues at some beach/museum/cinema etc after work?

Are the same factors not going to apply even when you are in Nigeria? I ask this because back in Nigeria people also have to work and school. Some do both and even they confess they have routines such as yours and I always ask what stops them from doing what they want to do right there in Nigeria.

What rubbish and bullshit is it that you have to put up with? Are you sure you will not have the same complaints or even worse when you finally move back to Nigeria for good? Because last I checked, Nigerians living full time in Nigeria have more rubbish and bullshit to complain about than those who live in developed worlds do.

My point is ARE YOU SURE then when you finally move back to Nigeria your life will be better off because I get the sense that what you are doing here is ATTRIBUTING your PERSONAL issues to your environment and not really to self.

That said, when and if I move back to Nigeria, I actually believe I would have to work LONGER HOURS, hang out less with my friends because I would have to work double HARDER to succeed and get things done down there. I have a friend down there who is a single father. The guy leaves for work at 6 am in the morning and does not get back home until it is way dark. He bought a microwave and generator so his kid can have something to do when he is back from school. He has a house help from time to time. This guy practically has no time to do all the things you believe you will ONLY BE ABLE TO DO WHEN YOU ARE IN NIGERIA. He barely has time to hang out with his own son during the week and is too tired to even do a long during the weekends. Is he not living in the same Nigeria you believe is your paradise?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Sine1: 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2009
no place like naija o feck the haters
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by IykeD1(m): 4:28pm On Nov 03, 2009
Someone said forget mosquitoes, forget bad roads, forget NEPA, Why stop there? Why not forget arm robbery,
forget kidnappings, forget ritualists, forget the master looters.

Let me ask you, if you forget all these things what kind of development do you think you will bring from UK to your
beloved Nigeria?

Lastly, those that I know to be doing well in Nigeria work about as hard as some of us overseas. They have to follow
a certain work routine as well.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by londoner: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2009
Why on earth would you say forget bad roads, forget mosquitos forget NEPA? Is it not because you are not seeing yourself having your life ended prematurely due to these issues, is it not because you dont see yourself grappling with this like the ordinary Nigerians who cant afford the anti malaria drugs, the generator and fuel etc, is that not the reason you can be so nonchalant about it?

Are you actually thinking as a citizen of a society or just as an individual?

Its alarming how many Nigerians who have this "I'm alright jack" attitude, because they live in their bubble and thats all that counts. Well that bubble can burst at anytime, then see if you are so flippant.

I also s wish to go and live in Nigeria, but to be honest I feel quite guilty knowing that I can buy all those things which some people I see everyday only dream about, I dont feel comfortable with that, if its a car or a house, fine, but why should it be access to clean water, electricity or good medical care? I know in my core that it is not right at all and I dont want to become desensitised to it, so the only way I can live there is if I am making a difference to the lives of the "have nots".
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2009
Many Nigerians abroad are delusional!!. I'm proud of Nigeria not the government. People expect too much when they've given too little to the communities they came from. Are you all bunch stupids or what? Amenities? How many of you have developed a skill and used it to benefit your communities? How many of you has gone to Nigerian to protest evil if it kills you? Many of my Iranian friends went back to Iran to protest the election and to voice out against the Islamic regime. Braving bullets and bombs they still did it. You coward sit your stupid asses behind your computers and request all sorts of things from Nigerian government. How many of you dummies paid taxes? even if it's 200 naira per 5000 naira? Did YOU write a letter to your local government chairman to let him or her know you are not happy with the situation? We are too much of a coward! I'll throw out all my foreign passports to keep my Nigerian citizenship but thanks to UN I can keep my native citizenship. Most of you didn't even go to school while in Nigeria and yet blame Nigeria for your misfortunes while we have one of the cheapest quality education in the world (Yes fools as much as you don't want to believe it, Nigerian trained professionals are world class). It's easier to be happy in Nigeria than any other nation on this planet. Just too much complex. I want this, I want that and I have to buy those. Even while in Nigeria if you hear this Akamu is made in America you fools will stop buying the Nigerian ones. If cloth is originally Aba made, you fools will rather go to Okrika to buy bend down select used clothes worn by trashy Americans. LRG and Coogi are now using Ankara to make polo shirts and selling them for $80- $150. If that was  a Nigerian designer who first did that, most of you won't wear it. But trust some wannabes are already paying N28,000 to cop one of those shirts made by Coogi and LRG . Backwards Backwards. Remember no quality designer is made in "America" they are all made in CHINA in sweatshops (Starving little kids thrown into labour at early age) Just the label is American. Retardos!!!!!

If you feel bad about it, do something about it------Fela Kuti.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2009
9jaganja:

Many Nigerians abroad are delusional!!. I'm proud of Nigeria not the government. People expect too much when they've given too little to the communities they came from. Are you all bunch stupids or what? Amenities? How many of you have developed a skill and used it to benefit your communities? How many of you has gone to Nigerian to protest evil if it kills you? Many of my Iranian friends went back to Iran to protest the election and to voice out against the Islamic regime. Braving bullets and bombs they still did it. You coward sit your stupid asses behind your computers and request all sorts of things from Nigerian government. How many of you dummies paid taxes? even if it's 200 naira per 5000 naira? Did YOU write a letter to your local government chairman to let him or her know you are not happy with the situation? We are too much of a coward! I'll throw out all my foreign passports to keep my Nigerian citizenship but thanks to UN I can keep my native citizenship. Most of you didn't even go to school while in Nigeria and yet blame Nigeria for your misfortunes while we have one of the cheapest quality education in the world (Yes fools as much as you don't want to believe it, Nigerian trained professionals are world class). It's easier to be happy in Nigeria than any other nation on this planet. Just too much complex. I want this, I want that and I have to buy those. Even while in Nigeria if you hear this Akamu is made in America you fools will stop buying the Nigerian ones. If cloth is originally Aba made, you fools will rather go to Okrika to buy bend down select used clothes worn by trashy Americans. LRG and Coogi are now using Ankara to make polo shirts and selling them for $80- $150. If that was a Nigerian designer who first did that, most of you won't wear it. But trust some wannabes are already paying N28,000 to cop one of those shirts made by Coogi and LRG . Backwards Backwards. Remember no quality designer is made in "America" they are all made in CHINA in sweatshops (Starving little kids thrown into labour at early age) Just the label is American. Retardos!!!!!

Channel your energies effectively. All you have done is rant and hate everything that moves in Nigeria. It is better to target the[b] root cause[/b] than to cuss, abuse and swear at the symptoms. Search yourself.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2009
9jaganja:

Many Nigerians abroad are delusional!!. I'm proud of Nigeria not the government. People expect too much when they've given too little to the communities they came from. Are you all bunch stupids or what? Amenities? How many of you have developed a skill and used it to benefit your communities? How many of you has gone to Nigerian to protest evil if it kills you? Many of my Iranian friends went back to Iran to protest the election and to voice out against the Islamic regime. Braving bullets and bombs they still did it. You coward sit your stupid asses behind your computers and request all sorts of things from Nigerian government. How many of you dummies paid taxes? even if it's 200 naira per 5000 naira? Did YOU write a letter to your local government chairman to let him or her know you are not happy with the situation? We are too much of a coward! I'll throw out all my foreign passports to keep my Nigerian citizenship but thanks to UN I can keep my native citizenship. Most of you didn't even go to school while in Nigeria and yet blame Nigeria for your misfortunes while we have one of the cheapest quality education in the world (Yes fools as much as you don't want to believe it, Nigerian trained professionals are world class). It's easier to be happy in Nigeria than any other nation on this planet. Just too much complex. I want this, I want that and I have to buy those. Even while in Nigeria if you hear this Akamu is made in America you fools will stop buying the Nigerian ones. If cloth is originally Aba made, you fools will rather go to Okrika to buy bend down select used clothes worn by trashy Americans. LRG and Coogi are now using Ankara to make polo shirts and selling them for $80- $150. If that was  a Nigerian designer who first did that, most of you won't wear it. But trust some wannabes are already paying N28,000 to cop one of those shirts made by Coogi and LRG . Backwards Backwards. Remember no quality designer is made in "America" they are all made in CHINA in sweatshops (Starving little kids thrown into labour at early age) Just the label is American. Retardos!!!!!

So you mean Nigerians now have to fight and carry guns to fight the govt of Nigeria to be able to enjoy the common ammenities? you mean people ave to go back to Nigeria and throw stones at the motorcade of govt to be able to enjoy good roads? common, get real, i am so disappointed that someone could actually be saying all these.
Nigeria is a place where people she easily enjoy all these things without having to fight for it, many life depends on a constant electricity and it is more than important to make sure it happens.
You asking how many people has spent their money to give back to the communities, many Nigerians will love to start up stuff in Nigeria and give jobs to people, but tell me what use would that be, when there is no light to power your operation and most of the money you make will go to buying gas into your generator, when the rods are so terrible that you can't even deliver your goods and service at the right time and u losing clients, or u mean, people now have to contribute to be able to build roads? Aint people paying taxes and those that aint paying, is that the fault of the people or that of the govt that has nothing in place to make sure the taxes are paid?
Please, i think instead of calling people names, better to dialog like adults
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by babaowambe: 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2009
God bless nigeria!  long live the federal republic of nigeria, a country created by God ,blessed with everything, quit complaining,nigerians it may be 5 years 10 , 20 years, even not in our lifetime,  lets rid the cancer gnawing nigeria with god,s help let make  nigeria a better place   for our kids and unborn  generations to come, god bless nigeria!
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by toshacer: 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2009
There are so many idiots abroad than i ever imagined, can you imagine what they write?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 8:08pm On Nov 03, 2009
babaowambe:

God bless nigeria!  long live the federal republic of nigeria, a country created by God ,blessed with everything, [size=14pt]quit complaining[/size],nigerians it may be 5 years 10 , 20 years, even not in our lifetime,  lets rid the cancer gnawing nigeria with god,s help let make  nigeria a better place   for our kids and unborn  generations to come, god bless nigeria!

Yes. Quit complaining and go to your church or mosque to pray that God will come down and develop the country.

Pray that God will fix the refineries and correct the situation where the Worlds 6th largest oil exporter, imports fuel. . .

Daft.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 8:13pm On Nov 03, 2009
tosh_acer:

There are so many idiots abroad than i ever imagined, can you imagine what they write?

Of course NL is based abroad, but almajiri's, area boys, demons, fools, retards, bastards and evil people like you would not realise that. Ask yourself why a website like NL cannot run from Nigeria, the answer will increase the meagre amount of brain cells between your ears.

FOOL. Keep on being jealous
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by MrCrackles(m): 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2009
Beaf:

Of course NL is based abroad, but almajiri's, area boys, demons, fools, retards, bastards and evil people like you would not realise that. Ask yourself why a website like NL cannot run from Nigeria, the answer will increase the meagre amount of brain cells between your ears.

FOOL. Keep on being jealous
LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by bodsibobo(m): 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ 9jaganja

Many Nigerians abroad are delusional!!. I'm proud of Nigeria not the government. People expect too much when they've given too little to the communities they came from. Are you all bunch stupids or what? Amenities? How many of you have developed a skill and used it to benefit your communities? How many of you has gone to Nigerian to protest evil if it kills you? Many of my Iranian friends went back to Iran to protest the election and to voice out against the Islamic regime. Braving bullets and bombs they still did it. You coward sit your stupid asses behind your computers and request all sorts of things from Nigerian government. How many of you dummies paid taxes? even if it's 200 naira per 5000 naira? Did YOU write a letter to your local government chairman to let him or her know you are not happy with the situation? We are too much of a coward! I'll throw out all my foreign passports to keep my Nigerian citizenship but thanks to UN I can keep my native citizenship. Most of you didn't even go to school while in Nigeria and yet blame Nigeria for your misfortunes while we have one of the cheapest quality education in the world (Yes fools as much as you don't want to believe it, Nigerian trained professionals are world class). It's easier to be happy in Nigeria than any other nation on this planet. Just too much complex. I want this, I want that and I have to buy those. Even while in Nigeria if you hear this Akamu is made in America you fools will stop buying the Nigerian ones. If cloth is originally Aba made, you fools will rather go to Okrika to buy bend down select used clothes worn by trashy Americans. LRG and Coogi are now using Ankara to make polo shirts and selling them for $80- $150. If that was a Nigerian designer who first did that, most of you won't wear it. But trust some wannabes are already paying N28,000 to cop one of those shirts made by Coogi and LRG . Backwards Backwards. Remember no quality designer is made in "America" they are all made in CHINA in sweatshops (Starving little kids thrown into labour at early age) Just the label is American. Retardos!!!!!

"Ki l'a gbe, ki l'e ju?"
shocked shocked cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by platinumnk(f): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2009
9jaganja:

you sef, what have YOU done?? ??

exactly!
Why should we come home to fight for basic nessities?? Water, Light?

Are u kidding me?

There is no hatin on Nigeria, you guys need to open your eyes
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Rebarobyn: 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2009
why are some people on this thread posting very long replies over and over again? it makes it quite tedious to read, common guys keep it at a reasonable length so we can read smiley
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by redsun(m): 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2009
I wish people will understand what we live through here for being a part of that mess.Most times i find it difficult to explain to white people that we are not really stupid,judging from what they see,what they hear and what is the real situation is all about.

It is appalling to be backward in a world where people take pride in being innovative,progressive and exemplary.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by nezerst(f): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2009
Those countries u guys r comparing NIJA with has paid with their sweat and blood to get to where they are.
As long as keep sitting on the fence to point accusing fingers nothing is gon change.
How have u contributed to make things better or worse.
Make a change or shut ur trap!!
NOTE: THE ONLY THING I HATE ABOUT NIGERIANS IS THEIR COWARDICE!!
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by ezeagu(m): 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2009
nezerst:

Those countries u guys r comparing NIJA with has paid with their sweat and blood to get to where they are.
As long as keep sitting on the fence to point accusing fingers nothing is gon change.
How have u contributed to make things better or worse.
Make a change or shut your trap!!
NOTE: THE ONLY THING I HATE ABOUT NIGERIANS IS THEIR COWARDICE!!

What have you done to change that?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 04, 2009
platinumnk:

you sef, what have YOU done?? ??

exactly!
Why should we come home to fight for basic nessities?? Water, Light?

Are u kidding me?

There is no hatin on Nigeria, you guys need to open your eyes

What will you fight for? These things are missing and the Government is doing little about it. Now clean water and electricity are not worth fighting for in Nigeria? Ehhhh? You that got your eyes opened what have you done about what you've seen so far? If Nigeria can have 24hrs electricity and drinkable water, I'm heading back finally (wait make I finish school).
Fhemmmy:

So you mean Nigerians now have to fight and carry guns to fight the govt of Nigeria to be able to enjoy the common ammenities? you mean people ave to go back to Nigeria and throw stones at the motorcade of govt to be able to enjoy good roads? common, get real, i am so disappointed that someone could actually be saying all these.
Nigeria is a place where people she easily enjoy all these things without having to fight for it, many life depends on a constant electricity and it is more than important to make sure it happens.
You asking how many people has spent their money to give back to the communities, many Nigerians will love to start up stuff in Nigeria and give jobs to people, but tell me what use would that be, when there is no light to power your operation and most of the money you make will go to buying gas into your generator, when the rods are so terrible that you can't even deliver your goods and service at the right time and u losing clients, or u mean, people now have to contribute to be able to build roads? Aint people paying taxes and those that aint paying, is that the fault of the people or that of the govt that has nothing in place to make sure the taxes are paid?
Please, i think instead of calling people names, better to dialog like adults

Where in my post did I say carry gun? ehh? Where? Gani fought for Human right till death did he carry gun? Since you are not enjoying all these things shouldn't you fight for them? They are not worth fighting for? Then since power is the problem, shouldn't you give your life to make sure Electricity is made constant? I mean think it through. Exercise your constitutional rights and write letters to your senators or local government chairmen from abroad give them your piece of mind. Yes they read it if it's coming from Foreign countries. Yes you can get their office numbers and call them; talk to whoever you can talk to. Protest whenever one of the officials come to your locations abroad. Many Nigerians are not exercising their rights yet they complain they are being denied. I'm not speaking for people in their 60s and above cause it seems they played their parts well during their time. I'm talking of people my age and above (20).

Freedom is like bone. The more you exercise it, the stronger it gets, Fela Kuti
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by londoner: 1:56am On Nov 04, 2009
Many of the so called people and organisations that are to aide Nigerians living abroad to make a positive contribution, will not even so much as agknowledge the reciept of your correspondence let alone take any notice, both here in the Uk and in Nigeria, tried that many times.

At the end of the day people need to face facts, call a spade a spade, then talk about how to move forward but all this brovado and self delusion isn't helping anyone.

People talking about  having all there is to offer in the west, travellling abroad frequently, dont you know that you are just part of the priviledged few?

You DO NOT speak of or represent the average  Nigerians experience, I dont even live in Nigeria and I know that, lol

The average Nigerian if they could participate in this thread would rather confirm what the reality is.
It may be a systemic or cultural problem which we see now, but come on people dont have the basics and that can never be ok.

I dont expect the Nigerian government to give anything to me, I pay my taxes to the UK government and I have the basics.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by assetstrip(m): 2:03am On Nov 04, 2009
9jaganja steady on mate, guys over here are protesting at every opportunity whenever those thieveing politicians come to town. There are several organisations over here making it clear to govt that they need to be held accountable for their actions. Aside from that have you not heard of the committments a lot of naija's continue to make whether it is doctors going back home on the regular and offering free treatments to communities, or whether it is those actually building clinics back home and many other committments, so take a chill pill and vent ur anger at those who deserve it namely your govt.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by londoner: 2:06am On Nov 04, 2009
Yes there are diasporans contributing, as well as people who have never left Nigeria, but mainly because there is such a wide gulf where a SYSTEM should be.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 2:16am On Nov 04, 2009
9jaganja . . . . i can send you list of mails that i have personally sent to the govs, some Ministers and even to the president's office, nothing has been replied, and for me to lay my life to make water run from the tap and make sure when u turn on the switch, there is light, sorry, that aint worth me laying my life down for.
I love Nigeria and hope things will change. . . . .there are some of these changes that can be achived by people just voting, by making sure that our vote counts, by making sure that people stop selling their future for some little bribes.
But how many people, even within Nigeria re ready to make sure their vote counts, i can count too many times where thugs are helping the so called fools to become the leader of Nigeria and are these thugs not part of those that are suffering? or are they from America, Canada and Europe?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by SEFAGO(m): 2:35am On Nov 04, 2009

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Two Female Suicide Bombers Hit GSM Market, Potiskum, Yobe State / El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions / Boko Haram Kills 20 Women Labelled As Witches In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.