Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (21647 Views)

Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / I Hate Nigeria With A Passion / All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by hbrednic: 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

^^^^ Bad man
my brother wetin you wan make i talk.
somebody dey suffer i no fit talk,another man talk for am im sey the man be im problem  shocked
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2009
Beaf:

Thank you jare, but the leaders are like Satan.

You are even praising them by comparing them to Satan. . . they are worse.
Cos even devil give people money, but our own leader wanna steal from the people and use it to oppress the people.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by LeMoor(m): 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2009
Somethings never change,
Would be interesting to know what the average age of the posters on this thread is. I find it hard to believe some things that I see posted on this board actually comes from Sane minds,

I personally believe Diasporans owe noone any explanations for being where they are, Anyone who can't stand it should take the easy way out, Go Jump in a lake, Tired of all the stupid divides that go on here. If some one is not mad at a particular tribe, they would be mad at others for not being in Nigeria. if such a microcosm of the country could show so much bias, Then expecting Nigeria as a whole to improve is still a pipe dream. The same fools on this board, will let the same biases influence decisions they will make in their everyday lives,
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2009
hbrednic:

my brother wetin you wan make i talk.
somebody dey suffer i no fit talk,another man talk for am im sey the man be im problem  shocked

I feel u jare
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Uche2nna(m): 7:37pm On Nov 02, 2009
hbrednic:

if you can survive on 1$ meal a day(poor quality meals can distort the normal brain functionings)
withstand the bad roads and hold up under a 40dgs hot scorching sun that will make any car-aircondition look like a joke,
you come back home only for mosquitoes to bite and play music in your ears till day break.
you are 100% free to blame the disaporians,God or the devil.we no go vex for you( we understand your situation)
but we will never fail to keep complaining and hold your Governments accountable untill they change their evil ways.

Hmmmm, interesting  lol

These are the kind of posts that gives the "I am better than you" attitude that Tosh was talking about.

Truth is that the diasporans have done no better when given the opportunity. Nigerians will always be Nigerian, diasporan or local.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by hbrednic: 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2009
Uche2nna:

Hmmmm, interesting lol
These are the kind of posts that gives the "I am better than you" attitude that Tosh was talking about.
Truth is that the diasporans have done no better when given the opportunity. Nigerians will always be Nigerian, diasporan or local.
one disaporian in the mist of a thousand wolves (stake holders),how can he perform?
how come disaporians hate their country just for voicing out the bad situations there
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
Uche2nna:

Hmmmm, interesting  lol

there is a difference, at least the disporian has learnt to be self Dependant.
BTW . . .how many problems will one be able to solve when all he has around him are people that are rogues ?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by beefy23(m): 7:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
londoner:

@Toc Acer, it is Nigerians in the diaspora who are demonstrating against people like Obasanjo etc when they come abroad while people back home prostrate for them.

Touche; Game, Set & Match!
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by whiteroses(f): 7:55pm On Nov 02, 2009
eyin oponu
Le Moor:

Somethings never change,  
Would be interesting to know what the average age of the posters on this thread is. I find it hard to believe some things that I see posted on this board actually comes from Sane minds,

I personally believe Diasporans owe noone any explanations for being where they are,  Anyone who can't stand it should take the easy way out,  Go Jump in a lake,  Tired of all the stupid divides that go on here. If some one is not mad at a particular tribe, they would be mad at others for not being in Nigeria. if such a microcosm of the country could show so much bias, Then expecting Nigeria as a whole to improve is still a pipe dream. The same fools on this board, will let the same biases influence decisions they will make in their everyday lives,

me too i wonder oh, rasclat idiots they know themselves
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Megadeals: 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2009
The people who are making the policies in Nigeria are probably more diasporan than the diasporans. They live in a cocoon, entirely disconnected from the people they pretend to lead. If you want to blame diasporans, you better start from Abuja.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by walata44(m): 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
@ Tosh Acer,

We simply want to know. Maybe some of us also will decide to immigrate and leave Naija as empty as it can be.

You meant to say emigrate, Emigration is the act of leaving one's native country or region to settle in another.
Poor you.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Nov 02, 2009
I didn't realize a country with a population of over 150 Million people could be classified as an EMPTY Nation. grin
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2009
Megadeals:

The people who are making the policies in Nigeria are probably more diasporan than the diasporans. They live in a cocoon, entirely disconnected from the people they pretend to lead. If you want to blame diasporans, you better start from Abuja.

Very true, some of the governors of some states resides in Abuja and cant even reside in their own states and yet someone wanna blame some people that has nothing to do with the govt?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Uche2nna(m): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

there is a difference, at least the disporian has learnt to be self Dependant.

I am having a hard time understanding what U meant by that?  undecided

Most Nigerians I know living in Nigeria are self dependent, they know better than to rely on the govt to do shit for them.

Fhemmmy:

BTW . . .how many problems will one be able to solve when all he has around him are people that are rogues ?

U have a point there,

However, we also have evidence of diasporan(s) who came back to Nigeria, got into positions of power and became as corrupt and power drunk as any average Nigerian politician.

Pointing of fingers to one particular group will not help us one bit, we are all in this collective mess together (Diasporans and local).
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by hbrednic: 8:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I didn't realize a country with a population of over 150 Million people could be classified as an EMPTY Nation. grin
which one again be empty nation  grin grin grin
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2009
However, we also have evidence of diasporan(s) who came back to Nigeria, got into positions of power and became as corrupt and power drunk as any average Nigerian politician.

Pointing of fingers to one particular group will not help us one bit, we are all in this collective mess together (Diasporans and local).

God bless you.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by hbrednic: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
Uche2nna:

then tell Tocer ( maybe he is already fighting with mosquitoes) to stop saying we hate our country.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by beefy23(m): 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2009
hbrednic:

then tell Tocer ( maybe he is already fighting with mosquitoes) to stop saying we hate our country.

From what I hear those 'commando mosquitoes' are some real tough buggers - they can even cut through netting in pursuit of their prey!  grin
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by cvibe: 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2009
Definitions of diaspora on the Web:

the body of Jews (or Jewish communities) outside Palestine or modern Israel
the dispersion of the Jews outside Israel; from the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in 587-86 BC when they were exiled to Babylonia up to the present time
the dispersion or spreading of something that was originally localized (as a people or language or culture)
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Diaspora is the debut album by Belgian singer Natacha Atlas. It was released by Nation Records in March 1995.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaspora_(album)

Diaspora was a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game created by Altitude Productions. Released from beta in June 2000, the game became an ,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaspora_(computer_game)

Diaspora, a hard science fiction novel by the Australian writer Greg Egan, first appeared in print in 1997.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaspora_(novel)

The term diaspora (in Greek, διασπορά - "a scattering [of seeds]"wink refers to the movement of any population sharing common ethnic identity ,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaspora

the movement, migration or scattering of people from their original homelands
www.indianahistory.org/programming/immigration/glossary/index.html

areas of the world outside of the Land of Israel
www.ou.org/about/judaism/di.htm

Jews dispersed to lands outside of Israel, beginning in the 600s BCE, and continuing during Roman times. Or any people dispersed from their homeland.
www.fsmitha.com/defini.html

the area outside the land of Israel settled by Jews, or the Jews who settled there.
www.jerusalemperspective.com/default.aspx

the dispersion of peoples; for Africa, related primarily to the slave trade era.
www.amazoneswomandrummers.com/glossary.html

Refers to the forced scattering of Africans all around the world by the slave trade; also the diverse African heritages brought to the Americas ,
jchs.usd475.org/garveyj/africa.htm

The "diaspora" — "dispersion", or "scattering" — of humankind all over the earth, over the course of many ,
www.nottwoispeace.net/glossary.html

From the Greek for “dispersion,” the term dates back to 556 BCE when King Nebuchadnezzar exiled the Judeans to Babylonia and refers to the Jewish communities outside Israel.
www89.homepage.villanova.edu/elana.starr/pages/holocaust%20Vocab.htm
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2009
Uche2nna:

I am having a hard time understanding what U meant by that?  undecided

Most Nigerians I know living in Nigeria are self dependent, they know better than to rely on the govt to do shit for them.

From when a teenager is at teenage age, most of the reliable ones dont depend on Dad and mama to buy them everything, but Nigerian 20 something years of age will even ask Mom for money to buy bottle of Coke for omoge.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Uche2nna(m): 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

From when a teenager is at teenage age, most of the reliable ones dont depend on Dad and mama to buy them everything, but Nigerian 20 something years of age will even ask Mom for money to buy bottle of Coke for omoge.

lol!!!

Thats true. Thats because U can easily have a job here and still go to school. Most jobs here will even work around your school schedule.

Who go do that one for U for Naija?  undecided  I think thats a cheap shot lol
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by dreeldee: 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
What the hell is dispora anyways angry that word annoys the hell of me. It's just a Nigerian way of separating other Nigerians and to start blame games like the one on NL now. This makes no sense from the poster to some of the posts here. It doesn't matter if I'm in Nigeria or not, all that matter is that I know how it is in Nigeria, i know the sufferings and injustices and I can't pretend nothing is going on in my country because I'm not there. As a matter of fact, majority of Nigerians abroad didn't find it easy too before leaving the country and pointing an accusing finger at them simply because they were able to make it out of the country to seek a better life for themselves is wrong, we all don't have to be in Nigeria for Nigeria to be better, not saying it's a crime to contribute your quota as an individual abroad . There is no harm in migration, America was built on European immigrants and the country they left behind still made it to this present age with good governance too.

Back to the question, why single Nigerians abroad out and ask them if they hate Nigeria, to me anyone who hates Nigeria either in or outside of the country simply hate themselves and what does it matter if anyone loves or hates Nigeria. It's not like we all don't know what's going on in the country, at least we got families there.  
It don't matter where you're to know that Nigeria is in decay.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Fhemmmy: 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2009
Uche2nna:

lol!!!

Thats true. Thats because U can easily have a job here and still go to school. Most jobs here will even work around your school schedule.

Who go do that one for U for Naija?  undecided  I think thats a cheap shot lol

that is possible in Nigeria as well.
What stops an undergrad in Nigeria from working with event planner over the weekend and help them arrange chairs, or help people move their properties and make money? they would rather be dragging some small girls around and wanna be Mr. kool and yet have no kobo in their pocket
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Uche2nna(m): 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

that is possible in Nigeria as well.
What stops an undergrad in Nigeria from working with event planner over the weekend and help them arrange chairs, or help people move their properties and make money? they would rather be dragging some small girls around and wanna be Mr. kool and yet have no kobo in their pocket

U talk like say the thin dey easy,

There are jobs like that but it is far and in between, moreover, may God help U if U rely on the pay packet from those kind of jobs to help u get thru school. Once the employers get a whiff that U are still in school, they will rob u blind. Thier justification: U are still a school boy and u dont need much money shocked cheesy I went thru that sort of nonsense.

Sometimes ur posts strike me as someone who was not born in Nigeria undecided U tend to take things for granted
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by dreeldee: 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Ok comments like this are uncalled for, kinda make others question your patriotism, it's filled with scorn and except you're anti-nigeria, i see no reason for it.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by 0sisi: 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2009
I love Nigeria
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2009
dreeldee:

Ok comments like this are uncalled for, kinda make others question your patriotism, it's filled with scorn and except you're anti-nigeria, i see no reason for it.

QUESTIONS

a) You are not one of the many idiots revealed on here, right? <-- Note Question

b) What business of yours is MY Patriotism? I mean Why is IT YOUR CONCERN? Especially for the fact that THIS FORUM is an OPEN FORUM where people post views and opinions FREELY on? Why in the world should I give a RATS A** what the next BUSYBODY thinks of me or NOT? What the FRELL roflmao!!!

c) What in my post there SPELLS SCORN and the nonsense you added? You could have simply ASKED what I was posting IN RESPONSE to, you know?
grin grin
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by dreeldee: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

QUESTIONS

b) What business of yours is MY Patriotism? I mean Why is IT YOUR CONCERN? Especially for the fact that THIS FORUM is an OPEN FORUM where people post views and opinions FREELY on? Why in the world should I give a RATS A** what the next BUSYBODY thinks of me or NOT? What the FRELL roflmao!!!

Exactly my point, it's an open forum and you're responsible for your opinion and whatever it has made you to look like. That comment just made you sounded like a Nigerian who feel their is no hope for Nigerian and because they're out of Nigeria, it don't bother them one bit, just my FREE opinion also.
Kobojunkie:

c) What in my post there SPELLS SCORN and the nonsense you added? You could have simply ASKED what I was posting IN RESPONSE to, you know?
grin grin

Maybe you have a reason to post it, maybe not, but my response is directed at what your comment reflected.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by SKYMENZ: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2009
COME ON GUYS Bleep NAIJA COULD YOU BELIEVE THAT I SPEND 70K TODAY 2-11-2009 JUST BECAUSE I CARRY LAPY AND DEY CHECK MY PHONE AND FOUND UK NUMBERS DEY CALL ME ALL KIND OF NAMES, DEY COULD NOT EVEN ALLOWED ME TO MAKE CALL. WATING WE GO DO FOR THIS THINGS TO STOPE?.

WELL HE BE LIKE SAY NA AMEDROBERS WE GO COME DEY MAKE FRIEND WITH NOW CAUSE PEOPLE WEY SUPOSS TO DEY WACH OVER US COME BE THE ROBBERS, GUYS SOMETHING HAVE TO BE DON embarassed sad
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
dreeldee:

Exactly my point, it's an open forum and you're responsible for your opinion and whatever it has made you to look like. That comment just made you sounded like a Nigerian who feel their is no hope for Nigerian and because they're out of Nigeria, it don't bother them one bit, just my FREE opinion also.
Maybe you have a reason to post it, maybe not, but my response is directed at what your comment reflected. 

Dude, you are still not making any sense to me. You admit my patriotism or lack thereof is none of your beeswax yet you continue trying to make it yours. SIgh!!!

LEARN TO READ please!!! If you are not willing to read conversations to better understand the reason for some of the responses, it might be best you maybe get a facebook page or something where rarely any conversing happens. A Forum is more about discussions, and following them requires you have the ability and patience to READ posts in order to figure out how far the discussion has gone and why.

I am sort of in a cranky mood and in need of good convo as my API is giving me some bad errors that I may need to spend time, I could be using for something else, to fix. If you are not up for good convo, please IGNORE MY POSTS completely and we can both have a better day.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2009
SKYMENZ:

COME ON GUYS mess NAIJA COULD YOU BELIEVE THAT I SPEND 70K TODAY 2-11-2009 JUST BECAUSE I CARRY LAPY AND DEY CHECK MY PHONE AND FOUND UK NUMBERS DEY CALL ME ALL KIND OF NAMES, DEY COULD NOT EVEN ALLOWED ME TO MAKE CALL. WATING WE GO DO FOR THIS THINGS TO STOPE?.

WELL HE BE LIKE SAY NA AMEDROBERS WE GO COME DEY MAKE FRIEND WITH NOW CAUSE PEOPLE WEY SUPOSS TO DEY WACH OVER US COME BE THE ROBBERS, GUYS SOMETHING HAVE TO BE DON embarassed sad

70K !

For what?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Princek12(m): 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
Why does the poster think that because he/she hates Nigeria everyone hates Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Kaduna: Gunmen Steal NECO Exam Papers At GSS Unguwar Sarki / Another $370m Abacha Loot Traced To Luxembourg – Swiss Ambassador / Buhari And His Delegates Meet With President Of Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.