Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? (44922 Views)

My Girlfriend Told A Guy She Is Not In A Relationship / Lady's Wig Falls Off While Dancing Gbe Body In Public With A Guy. She Did This / Lady Was Disappointed By A Cute Guy She Met At A Bank Who Had Mouth Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by thonyrule(m): 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2016
If she likes
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Touchey: 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2016
Stupedinluv:
I'll break the rules for you grin
wow I'm already salivating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by LIC3ion(m): 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
kuchikau1:
.. Well is never ur fault..i blame d stupid set of guys that chase u around.
Ur big TOTO don give u leverage to rant.
eeh! She asked a simple question
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by ikp120(m): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2016
Diamondqueen:

let's get married asap.
LOLs...
Let me PM you sharp sharp
*** Starts rehearsing my toasting lines ***
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by willibounce1(m): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ordinary female friends cook for their male friends. A guy is dating you a a girl and you are thinking if it is right to cook for him.

Why not ask if it is right to collect gifts, money and lashing from him? Some girls are just funny. What is so special about cooking for anybody, whether your boyfriend or grandfather? A good cook would definitely want to show her skills, except you be learner.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Mementus(m): 10:59pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hadez:
I find this very interesting to discuss here and I will go straight to the point.

I don't think its advicible for a lady to always cook for the man she's dating anytime she's visits him.if you visit him 5 times,u can cook two times or once for him. It is important that we ladies should know our place in our man's life.if you are his friend,you act like his friend and if you a re his girlfriend ,you act like one and if you a re his wife, you also act like one.

A woman is meant to be explored..if am dating/courting you and during the course of that I cook all my delicasies for you, what threat wil I give you when we get married?
I can't find myself loitering around a man's kitchen when am not his wife! What are your opinion ladies?

men are also free to air their opinions too...reasonable comments please..thanks
is it not the same dxxk you will collect after wedding and you want us not to cheat...Fear God
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
Masonic:
You've said it all. I personally won't take away the element of surprise when I'm dating a lady I plan on settling with. I won't cohabit with her, I won't let her cook too often or even clean. Doing that takes away the anticipation and when there ain't nothing to look forward to or be excited about, I sure as hell ain't gonn marry your ass. grin
I don't think this is advisable. Its better you have a bit feeling of what it feels like to cohabit with her than anticipating it's going to be enjoyable after you marry her. You might marry her and after all that anticipation you get tired of her within 2 weeks of satying with you under the same roof.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by kilokeys(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hadez:
I find this very interesting to discuss here and I will go straight to the point.

I don't think its advicible for a lady to always cook for the man she's dating anytime she's visits him.if you visit him 5 times,u can cook two times or once for him. It is important that we ladies should know our place in our man's life.if you are his friend,you act like his friend and if you a re his girlfriend ,you act like one and if you a re his wife, you also act like one.

A woman is meant to be explored..if am dating/courting you and during the course of that I cook all my delicasies for you, what threat wil I give you when we get married?
I can't find myself loitering around a man's kitchen when am not his wife! What are your opinion ladies?

men are also free to air their opinions too...reasonable comments please..thanks

i laff at u o... should a guy now cook 4 a lady ?

be counting for pple o.. i v posted this here before.. i cook 4 my bae anytime she comes around, as in COOK, she does d same.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by samozi: 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
Never!!!They should be cutting grass for them:>

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Barigaboy(m): 11:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hadez:

nothing much to add u have made d point. My kind of man would prefer to cook for her n wouldn't want her to take dat responsibility yet since we not married but if she says she want to, I would allow her definitely not everyday except she wanna be forcing herself on me.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by crazymommy(f): 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hadez:

One was even talking about fucccking for free
Seems those here know nothing else from sex sex and sex
young lady look here,what mimzy is saying shows alot of maturity and common sense,if a lady goes to see her boyfriend and she allows him to have sex whenever she visit him even when he has not paid her bride price now what should now be the big deal in the regular cooking whenever she visits him??if the regular cooking For him as a girlfriend is wrong then also it is wrong to continue having sex with you like a wife that he has paid bride price on??......?sex is mutual understanding you claimed and yes !!cooking is same too because i do not think any sane guy will put knife on your neck if you do not cook for him,by the way the food you are cooking ,you sef can /will eat out of it so you are also cooking for yourself too,it is not big deal...if the regularly cooking for someone you are not married to is wrong or downgrading then Same way sex with the person you are not married too should be wrong based on your "big deal in the regular cooking"....if you are someone that you are in a "no sex" relationship and you tell me "regular cooking to someone you are not married to is somehow wrong then i would totally agree with you...but if it is otherwise then it is a stark hypocrisy.....even one of your comments you mentioned something like what if she cooks everything she can cook for him while dating then what will happen when they finally get married when he is already used to all her cooking already before the marriage,well the same thing applies to the sex,he is already eating the food between her legs already even before they got married...so they are all the same thing.do u even know that many ladies do even prefer cooking the food she will eat out of it because she does not want to eat a food that will be cooked by her boyfriend and might not be sweet or satisfying enough so she prefers to cook the food herself....what determines a good marriage is beyond rules....

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by dadabashua1(m): 11:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
am a great cook seriously, I don't even care if she cook for me or not.... my only fear is that once am used to cooking myself when with her then even after marriage I would love to cook myself.... she should cook for the kids and her self.... seriously I enjoy my food so much, only my mom's own is better. my opinion any way
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hadez:

Thank you for this comment. So many myopic minds on romance section
My dear if you don't cook for me when we are dating I will not marry you cos how would I know you will be able to cook after we get married? I want to see proven and convincing actions. And make sure you don't demand for money if you decide not cook for me cos you are not assisting me in any way that makes you deserve the money.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
Maxi112:
its not advisable to always Cook for your boyfriend every time you visit him. its advisable to cook good food for him once in a while
What is wrong if she volunteers to cook every time?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Olumaeme: 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
Well, if you visit your man and you will not cook, definitely you would bring the money you will use to eat in the restaurant when you are coming or probably take garri all through.

Because I don't know how you will visit your boyfriend and spend lest say 1week and cook only twice, are you expecting him to always take you to restaurant anytime you are hungry?

Lest take for example you go visit your man in Port Harcourt from Lagos during the holiday and spend like 2wks with him, you will only cook twice or thrice, hehehehehehehehehehehehehe u go hungry eeehnn, because you don't expect him to take you to restaurant everyday... And later you want me to come pay your bride price of Over 700k if you are from Imo State

AND note that if you don't want to cook, then don't expect transport fare because you have added no value and it's a waste of time and money.
Don't also expect money for hair or any meaningful gift since the guy too has to spend on somebody who will help and assist him.
NO pain, No gain.

Ladies of nowadays are something else, they want all the goodies but don't want to do anything...
They fantasize how lucky Emoney's wife is when he bought her a jeep, they love when you treat them like Queens but won't want to treat you like king.

The thunder that will fire you...... Is coming from North Korea!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by hahn(m): 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hadez:

My thoughts too but girls feel it is their right to cook for a guy who hasn't even officially propose to you

It depends though.

When I was single, my gf moved in with me and that girl dey cook fire. And cooking wasn't the only thing she did wink

Today she is my wife and I love her to death.

However, what works for GEJ might not work for Buhari undecided

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by sben2308(m): 11:15pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hadez:

My dear OP one thing is certain, u not mature relationshipwise but hear me out. One is cooking or not a man who loves u loves u and a man who doesn't will not.
But it will b stupid of u not to show ur skills cuz an adage says SUNDAY TO BA MA DA SATURDAY LATI MO. If u wait till he pay ur bride price before u show him u can b homely n can also b a mother then u r OYO.
One of d duty of a wife is showing she dat wen is is around is can't be replaced and u decided to b like I will not cook for him all d tym and if a Lady comes and do this for him. U begin to say men r d same and and heartless.
Ask urself is cooking for him not part of ur investment in d relationship.

Pls think twice cuz wen u meet d one all dis u r saying maybe b no way to b found.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2016
Touchey:

wow I'm already salivating
hahaha

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Doctorfitz: 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
crazymommy:
young lady look here,what mimzy is saying shows alot of maturity and common sense,if a lady goes to see her boyfriend and she allows him to have sex whenever she visit him even when he has not paid her bride price now what should now be the big deal in the regular cooking whenever she visits him??if the cooking is not her duty as a girlfriend then why allow him to continue having sex with you like a wife that he has paid bride price on??isn't that hypocritical??sex is mutual understanding you claimed and yes !!cooking is same too because i do not think any guy will put knife on your neck if you do not cook for him,by the way the food you are cooking ,you sef can eat out of it,is no big deal...if the regularly cooking for someone you are not married to is wrong or downgrading then Same way sex with the person you are not married too should be wrong based on your "big deal in the regular cooking"....if you are someone that you are in a "no sex" relationship and you tell me "regular cooking to someone you are not married to is somehow wrong then i would totally agree with you...but if it is otherwise then it is a stark hypocrisy.....even one of your comments you mentioned something like what if she cooks everything she can cook for him while dating then what will happen when they finally get married when he is already used to all her cooking already before the marriage,well the same thing applies to the sex,he is already eating the honeypot already even before they got married...so they are all the same thing.

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by beautycrush24(f): 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
I smell hypocrisy everywhere. You can't cook for your boyfriend cos you don't want to take away the element of surprise. undecided Which yeye surprise? Is it not better he gets fed up before marriage so u can jejely walk away than for you to force him into marriage and he still gets fed up of the food and starts treating u anyhow when u wont be free to walk away. Starving him wont make him marry you and feeding him 24/7 wont make him marry you either. So our dear "uncheap" ladies, stop following any rule books and just do what your heart says is right.

I'm sure some of these ones forming jackie chan be begging their boyfriends up and down and spending their father's money on them. You can't cook for him my a$$ angry

Fake a$$ pple everywhere. I so hate hypocrites.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Ragnorak: 11:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
Yes of course, though not always. Many a time I have been rescued from hunger by kind females cooking and bringing for me.
As for my girlfriend, she can definitely whip something up for us/me if she visits and hunger comes upon us or cook and bring from her house. Or she takes over the cooking if she meets me cooking. but for her to just come and want to cook special dishes no way, that's intrusive and she's putting me in too much debt.
I'm a good cook all by myself.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Doctorfitz: 11:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
Olumaeme:
Well, if you visit your man and you will not cook, definitely you would bring the money you will use to eat in the restaurant when you are coming or probably take garri all through.

Because I don't know how you will visit your boyfriend and spend lest say 1week and cook only twice, are you expecting him to always take you to restaurant anytime you are hungry?

Lest take for example you go visit your man in Port Harcourt from Lagos during the holiday and spend like 2wks with him, you will only cook twice or thrice, hehehehehehehehehehehehehe u go hungry eeehnn, because you don't expect him to take you to restaurant everyday... And later you want me to come pay your bride price of Over 700k if you are from Imo State

AND note that if you don't want to cook, then don't expect transport fare because you have added no value and it's a waste of time and money.
Don't also expect money for hair or any meaningful gift since the guy too has to spend on somebody who will help and assist him.
NO pain, No gain.

Ladies of nowadays are something else, they want all the goodies but don't want to do anything...
They fantasize how lucky Emoney's wife is when he bought her a jeep, they love when you treat them like Queens but won't want to treat you like king.

The thunder that will fire you...... Is coming from North Korea!

1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by NEWTONDEGREAT(m): 11:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
I see, first nairaland topic without a picture reply
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Doctorfitz: 11:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hadez:

You can't put the whole blame on them, sometimes it is love

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Josephamstrong1(m): 11:22pm On Nov 18, 2016
kuchikau1:
.. Well is never ur fault..i blame d stupid set of guys that chase u around.
Ur big TOTO don give u leverage to rant.
U're d' man.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by uzuede4(f): 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
KissChrix:
I must surely taste a Lady's food before marrying Her Plenty times infact

Even after marrying Her, She must spend one week at my mum's place to learn how to prepare my favourites
Dat spending one week wit ya mama , i no gree. grin
KissChrix:
I must surely taste a Lady's food before marrying Her Plenty times infact

Even after marrying Her, She must spend one week at my mum's place to learn how to prepare my favourites
Dat spending one week wit ya mama , i no gree.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
Great topic!

I cook my food myself.

I'm sorry........As my babe, If u come visiting and I have no cooked food.......prepare ur own food urself if u are hungry, cos I can't buy you food outside when I have everything at home! If u can't, then drink the water and alcohol in my fridge! If u are nice enough........then cook for both of us!

No big deal!!

She kuku know me.........even bread no go dey fridge if I know say she dey come! I can't give u my money and still cook for u! Lagos girls too dey show say dem wise!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Joy1706(f): 11:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
Me I don't do chores for any guy o when I've not finished doing mine in my father's house. You wanna know if I can cook? I can host you in my place.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
Joy1706:
Me I don't do chores for any guy o when I've not finished doing mine in my father's house. You wanna know if I can cook? I can host you in my place.

Clap for yasef

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by uzuede4(f): 11:28pm On Nov 18, 2016
Doctorfitz:

Nna, you dey vex o cheesy
Doctorfitz:

Nna, you dey vex o
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by contactmorak: 11:28pm On Nov 18, 2016
Dfinex:

and u sleep with guys that u are not married to? he gives u stuffs and money, u don't remind him that u both are not married ....smh.

tufiakwa...running away from Pharisees.

I have to say this is the only matured and intelligent lady i have seen on this thread. But i am still reading comments though..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Alezy(m): 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hadez:

You can't put the whole blame on them, sometimes it is love
Am just very surprised at what lot of you ladies are saying here. I love food and it's one of em major priority from any lady I should marry.

u won't cook while I date u?? so wen we marry I finally discover Ur kitchen skills re pathetic? how do I now ask u to visit a catering sch?? Jeez.

she will cook abeg, but i won't make it a must or won't show my intentions. One way or the other, she must cook.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

“if I R@pe You And You Cum, It’s Unfair To Call The Police On Me”- Twitter User / My Girlfriend Changes DP & Uploads Selfies At Least Twice A Day / Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.