Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (16675 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by NeroPapas(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2009
No real Man should be afraid, afear etc of any Woman, Successful or not!!! What nonsense If she comes with respect alongside her successfulness, respect her with same else, my brother don't fail to correct her mistake and put her in her place.

"God was not daft when he made you help mate, and not the head f d family", and The Bible said refering to Men that if any provide not for his own especially those of his own household, he is worse than an infidel, that is how how serious the issue is. Am not saying a woman can't be more successful that a man but she should be humble with it! Cos it gets intto their head forgeting they she's a woman.

Once a woman start doing the things a man ought to do, she's gradually buying the top post and soonet she would want to be giving orders forgeting the Bible says, a woman should not usurp authority over her man.

Men, please do your best to be Okay so that these women won't make our lives miserable.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Outstrip(f): 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2009
VALENCI:

poverty mentality will make a man become afraid of a successful woman. No matter the height she has attained, she was created to submit to a man. I want to marry a very successful woman and we both will work it out.

I agree with the first part of your statement. I really believe it is a mentality of poverty. When people say it is only uneducated men that behave that way I just laugh. I believe that poverty is a state of mind. You can see people with a lot of money and you still look at them and think POVERTY. Kind of like the same mentality that people in power have in Nigeria. It is embarrassing to hear these men come in here and say things like a successful woman will be too bossy and not even realize that they have pretty much called themselves mediocre.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bjcole(m): 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2009
One jobless guy here, he comes to drop his wife and picks her everyday for the past 4years, I dont mean it is a crime to drive one's wife to anywhere, but this guys does this everyday, d annoying thing is that, he comes sometime around 4pm and wait there for like 30mins for the woman to finish. Does he not have work, and d lady is so nagging and arrogant. One was using an old carina11 with her husband, she later bought accord 08 and gave the old scrap to the man, another one anytime she buys a new car, she gives the old one to the man, she did it like three times now. she just got a jeep now, the man only drives out in the evening. Men i don see these women tire, men i run. Those good ones among dont waste time to get married and you see them, you so much like them, not like these 2 arrogant ones here.

If you there complain and issues come up, she will just tell you to hell with you. My ex rich girlfriend was the first to say to hell with me, after i was checking on her, and quitted the affairs, 4months after, she bought one scrap guy with her money, the only work the guy does is driving.

Those 2 arrogant rich girl here, abeg i no mention name,  just make those useless women without husband ur role model, at least you can spend ur money as single mother. fake nigerians behaving like oyinbo
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by cvibe: 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2009
@ outstrip, not true!
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Rooneyboy(m): 7:44pm On Nov 06, 2009
Nah ! why should i be afraid of successful ladies? As a matter of fact, i m looking for successful ladies as friends.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by 49cents(m): 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2009
I don't think what men are "afraid" of is successful women rather the threat it poses as their role as head of the home.

If she can leave her successes at the doormat before stepping in into the house and be a wife and mother then it there can't be any problems, it is possible but can be quite challenging to master
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by naso2(m): 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2009
Rooneyboy:

Nah ! why should i be afraid of successful ladies? As a matter of fact, i m looking for successful ladies as friends.

My guy success is relative we all know. In this context we are talking of  "more successful ladies" with the likely know-all/take- charge attitude that come with it.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by naso2(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2009
NeroPapas:

No real Man should be afraid, afear etc of any Woman, Successful or not!!! What nonsense If she comes with respect alongside her successfulness, respect her with same else, my brother don't fail to correct her mistake and put her in her place.

"PUT HER IN HER PLACE" NA IM BE THE WAHALA NOW
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Princek12(m): 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2009
I think men refuse to tolerate--not afraid--of successful, insubordinate, and pompous women; I don't think men are afraid of successful women. Because many successful women feel as though their financial status has relieved them of the duties of a wife, and because men have rejected and condemned such behavior, some people (probably women) have concluded that men are afraid of these supposedly successful women. Give me a friggin break.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by cvibe: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2009
It is wrong to generalize.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by triistar86: 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2009
Whether relatively successful or not successful all I know is women are the same when or once laid . . . grin
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Frimoore(m): 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2009
poster, u are talking absolute bullshit as far as am concerned, many guys are even keen to have a well to do woman(even if more succesfull) so as to maximise d overall welfare of d family,so y should that then be a problem when it should rather be essential for  family, find another topic and post cos u dont just kno what u r talking about
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by OAM4J: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2009
1st I commend the maturity of discussion on this thread

@Dakkylove
I have to agree with you on this topic. I think the reason is simply born out of complex and nothing more. And some of these successfully ladies don’t also help matters when they become arrogant b’cos of their success. Also like Outstrip said, our culture also contribute to the problem, b’cos Nigeria/Africa society expect men to always be more successful.

But there are still men (don’t know the percentage, as most men are generally more successful than their women) who are able to flow and maintain their cool even when it is obvious their women are more successful, and I know many of these men.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Mydex(m): 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2009
any succesful woman that got to the top
with her brains only, is the bomb,
some1 hook us up
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bawomolo(m): 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2009
VALENCI:

poverty mentality will make a man become afraid of a successful woman. No matter the height she has attained, she was created to submit to a man. I want to marry a very successful woman and we both will work it out.

why must a woman submit to a man? who created such rule?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Outstrip(f): 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2009
bawolomo what part of Chicago do you stay
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bawomolo(m): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
Outstrip:

bawolomo what part of Chicago do you stay

i actually stay in a suburb of chicago, dolton.

You stay in chicago?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2009
But if men are lily-livered and are afraid of successful women, so be it abi. Marriage is not for everyone. The few good men will come for them at 60. Is Oprah, a role model now? I think the way out, is for people to have a different meaning and expectation from these marriages. Let everyone has their own.Period.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Outstrip(f): 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2009
bawomolo:

i actually stay in a suburb of chicago, dolton.

You stay in chicago?

South suburbs. I used to live in park forest. I miss chicago
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by naso2(m): 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2009
bawomolo:

why must a woman submit to a man? who created such rule?

If you believe in  christian doctrine , it is clearly stated in the bible.

Yes may be the "submission" talk is to heavy in our time, how about who leads? Do you have questions as to who the leader should be and who created the rule too?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Pharoh: 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2009
na_so:

Yes may be the "submission" talk is to heavy in our time, how about who leads? Do you have questions as to who the leader should be and who created the rule too?

They have mixed the christian marriage doctrine with the worldly doctrine so what do you expect?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by smurf1(f): 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2009
Because they lack self esteem themselves undecided
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bawomolo(m): 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2009
Outstrip:

South suburbs. I used to live in park forest. I miss chicago

chicago is fun besides the weather. where do you stay now.

na_so:

I don't buy into the christian doctrine theory.  The bible was written in a time where women were subordinated.   It's no surprise, a woman is expected to submit according to the Bible.  

Marriage is a partnership, the choice to "submit" should be the choice of individual couples.  There are marriages where the woman is the active partner by the way.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by naso2(m): 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2009
bawomolo:

I don't buy into the christian doctrine theory. The bible was written in a time where were women were subordinated. It's no surprise, a woman is expected to submitted according to the Bible.

Marriage is a partnership, the choice to "submit" should be the choice of individual couples. There are marriages where the woman is the active partner by the way.

Yes partnership but Who leads?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2009
bawomolo:

chicago is fun besides the weather. where do you stay now.

I don't buy into the christian doctrine theory.  The bible was written in a time where women were subordinated.   It's no surprise, a woman is expected to submit according to the Bible.  

Marriage is a partnership, the choice to "submit" should be the choice of individual couples.  There are marriages where the woman is the active partner by the way.  

Marriage is a lifelong partnership that requires one partner to be led by the other. But of course you can go with the liberal idea . . . its no wonder 50% of marriages are over before 2 yrs. You'd think they'd last longer if one partner didnt have to submit eh.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by omar22(m): 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2009
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Secretz(f): 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2009
Na waaa ooo. . . .

Now please someone, define the meaning of a 'successful' woman?

I don't think men are afraid of 'successful' woman, they are afraid of women with a bad stinking attitude and is 'successful' at the same time, because she nor get no shame and will continue to remind him of how useless and 'unsuccessful' he is.  grin
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2009
It goes both ways: Some men believe they ought to be the provider, while some women believe the man ought to be the provider. When these roles gets reserved and there was true no love n respect from the start, such problems arise.

I am one with my wife - I make money, we both spend it; she makes money - we spend it together as well. We threw the 'my money' idea out of the window way back since we realised we had the same goal.

What's up with all these competition you people are bringing into a marriage - what is that supposed to do other than break the union??

Admit that you hurt and ur family urself when u hurt ur wife and vice versa . . . that will be the no.1 solution to these problems.

I thought marriage was meant to make a union out of two people in love. But I guess not.

That's what you get when you marry for the wrong reasons.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bawomolo(m): 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2009
na_so:

Yes partnership but Who leads?

who ever has leadership qualities or personalities.  It could even be equal.   We have seen women become president of countries and CEO, so why can't they lead in a marriage or be equals?

davidylan:

Marriage is a lifelong partnership that requires one partner to be led by the other. But of course you can go with the liberal idea . . . its no wonder 50% of marriages are over before 2 yrs. You'd think they'd last longer if one partner didnt have to submit eh.

leaderships isn't a requirement for all marriage to be successful.   There is no standard template for a successful marriage.  Yeah liberalism is the reason marriages don't succeed  undecided.  I guess the Nigerian family is all roses thank to the alpha male. There is no need for power tussles in a marriage.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2009
Secretz:

Na waaa ooo. . . .

I don't think men are afraid of 'successful' woman, they are afraid of women with a bad stinking attitude and is 'successful' at the same time, because she nor get no shame and will continue to remind him of how useless and 'unsuccessful' he is. grin

What you said is not funny. It is a good advice for some people.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by naso2(m): 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2009
Secretz:

Na waaa ooo. . . .

I don't think men are afraid of 'successful' woman, they are afraid of women with a bad stinking attitude and is 'successful' at the same time, because she nor get no shame and will continue to remind him of how useless and 'unsuccessful' he is.  grin

MAY YOUR DAYS BE FILLED WITH MOUTH-WATERING BLESSINGS.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:18pm On Nov 06, 2009
My main issue that some ladies now tend to blame the fact that they're still single (or not in a relationship) on their being a strong black successful woman - or that the guys who simply dont fancy them are gay.

Self-denial of course.

Thank God we have strong black women who got married when they had nothing, still married now that they have it all and going strong forever.

Thank God I am married to one of such. My head is swelling just thinking of her - bless her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Parenting In The Digital Age / Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.