Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,077 members, 7,957,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:17 AM

Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (16906 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Theblessed(f): 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2009
bjcole:

This is Naija, stop comparing us to those westerners, success is desirable and loving, i dnt think anybody hates it, so women should check themselves, something must be wrong. what about female bosses, dnt we see how they behave in offices, trying to force their authority on everbody.
Be Rich and humble, dtas the code and you get all the attention

[b]Now, we can see what your problem is - EGO!!!  Sorry indeed!!

Well, if this is Nigeria, you might as well throw away that mobile phone in your hand and head back home to the village because that's where your kind lives, period.  People who think they way you do, that's where they operate!

You see, you don't understand work ethics.  Because, your are a man in the office your female boss should take orders from you or give you audience to make decisions in her office, is it? Naaaaaaaa!  You do as you are told!

Let me open your eyes - she is your boss for a reason -  she has the qualities, skills, knowledge and on top of that your Corporate policy has given her the powers to manage the affairs of the organisation hence the powers to order you to do thing for the benefit of your organisation obviously, you don't like her asking you.  In fact, you would have preferred a male boss but unfortunately, there are no male bosses around so, do as you're told and stop winging!

If you don't like taking orders from women bosses then go home and rust! Why, because its a woman telling you to do things. You see, if you don't like taking orders from a woman boss, RESIGN THE JOB AND SET UP YOUR OWN BUSINESS, simple!

As long as a woman is in power she will rule, just get use to that, ok! This is 21st Century! No one would have thought Obama would be in White House and there you have it, he is! So, stop winging and do what your boss ask you to do irrespective of his/her gender.  

After all, you're there to make a living, isn't it? So, how come this power competition? The answer is Ego - the only disease that is destroying Nigerian men, if only they'd get sense!
[/b]
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by stanbiggi(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2009
Actually, you may be right that when guys date ladies that are more successful than them they seems to be some form of power play and friction,even intimidation in the side of the man. i have experienced it,but you know what all she was doing probabily as intimidation propelled my to desire success,think success and work out success. and its paid off and still paying off.
its all maturity and your mental conception, because two people can be walking, ONE IS CONSIDERING IT AS TREKING AND THE OTHER A STROLLING. guys is a thing of joy to date success ladies not sugar mummies, cos they will make you reach the sky quicker
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by omar22(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2009
African women mostly Nigerian women the richer they are the more arrogant they become, they are more likely turn the Husband into house if the chance presents itself, They have a way of looking down their nose at their partner, I little arguement the woman would let rip or loose about how she funded the husband youngest cousin education mostly in public, so sometimes you dont blame men avoiding them
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by stede(m): 4:33pm On Nov 06, 2009
there is no big deal about that. i don't kia about woman that ar successful. i am man( superiority complex)
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kellyvivs(f): 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2009
@ post. u re rite. i ve always thot of y nigeria re so scared of successful women.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by ThinkRait: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2009
I really dont think any right thinking man should be afraid of another (wo)man.

Yes, some men are jealous, and not afraid, of successful women. Such men see women as people who should be subdued and confined to the kitchen and bedroom.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by frank317: 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2009
Most time many ladies on this site have started threads having such topic as, "doesnt he know his level?"

lets face the fact, ladies dont like men that are below their social class. such men piss them off, and so when they begin to overeact they are not even aware.

@poster, you might have some exception but isnt that the way life is? the majority falls in the middle of the graph when a few fall at the two extremes of the graph. but most time generaliztion is done based on the majority.

Even u the poster; i can bet that deep down within u, u desire a man who is above ur social class, and unconsiously push away men who u think are below ur standard.

if u are different, so many women out there are not.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2009
Some people (with low self-esteem, self - denial and inferiority complex) come to NL to make themselves feel good.

. . .and the truth shall set you free . . . if you allow it to.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by omar22(m): 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2009
I really dont think any right thinking man should be afraid of another (wo)man.

look at you, a "typical" Nigerian rich lady could easily make you remember the day you were born with some few lines, most especially if she has her mother standing as her back-up,  They would make you feel like dirt!!! now tell me, how much dirt are you the husband are you prepared to take because you are thinking right,  A man could easily loose confidence, esteem in himself just from a few harsh lines from the Baroness he lives with,  am sorry thats the difference between black people and white people,  and I have seen enough of it on Nollywood and I know people who have experienced it,
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2009
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Alxmyr(m): 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2009
The issue depend on the man involved. There are some that are ego-centric and would prefer their wife did not rise above them. I used to know a female commisoner in my state, infact the family lived close to my house when growing up, whose husband destroyed her politcal career. She was called to serve twice during the military regime, and each she would resign because her husband, a Mike Tyson at it, frustrated her. I could remember her husband complain she doesn't cook his food any more, bla bla, And one would wonder, how do you expect a commissioner to come back from office and be inside kitchen to pound yam,
And the truth is that no matter how you try to talk such men out of such habit, you are wasting your time.
So, in my opinion, if you are going out with a guy who display some level of inferiority complex, run for your life and future now.
It is a man thing to be bossy, it take few who have good self esteem to allow you grow and support your efforts.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by omar22(m): 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2009
The issue depend on the man involved. There are some that are ego-centric and would prefer their wife did not rise above them. I used to know a female commisoner in my state, infact the family lived close to my house when growing up, whose husband destroyed her politcal career. She was called to serve twice during the military regime, and each she would resign because her husband, a Mike Tyson at it, frustrated her. I could remember her husband complain she doesn't cook his food any more, bla bla, And one would wonder, how do you expect a commissioner to come back from office and be inside kitchen to pound yam,
And the truth is that no matter how you try to talk such men out of such habit, you are wasting your time.
So, in my opinion, if you are going out with a guy who display some level of inferiority complex, run for your life and future now.
It is a man thing to be bossy, it take few who have good self esteem to allow you grow and support your efforts.

so if the husband sleeps with the house girl or house maid you would call him a dog, but someone was available to attend to his needs
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by sammyzacks(m): 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2009
I call them "strong women" and i have great admiration for them.The likes of Dora, Okonji, okereke. And I agree with the poster that most Nigerian men are intimidated by them most especially if they happen to be people you are in a relationship with.
But it is important for every woman to understand that her primary responsibility is to her home and that home is headed by the husband. While you go out there to lead men, always remember the fact that that man in the house is your head.

And to the guys, if you are not sure to be able to handle a strong woman, don't venture into it. But smart guys like me understand that having a strong woman as a wife only propels you to unlimited wealth if you give her the opportunity to excel. After all, at the end of the day the glory all comes back to the man.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Akanbiedu(m): 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2009
Yes, we are.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by denony(m): 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2009
BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE THE HUSBAND
INSTEAD OF BEING THE WIFE grin
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by denony(m): 5:28pm On Nov 06, 2009
THAT IS COMMANDER IN CHIEF grin
NO MAN WANT TOLERATE THAT wink
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by FMK(m): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
generaly  95%  of succeesful women  in asset  are arrogant and lack of respect  to their husbands  especially  when  the husband  is  very poor and the woman support him to everything  surerly  in my side  even educated i am    i cannot  get involved with such women    cause of  lack of expression, lack of decisions as a husband  etc,  that is why  woman will remain a woman  because of those kind of act (dominance)  women get some  infantilism in their  attitudes   imagine with power  and money  they think to be Goddesses   more than  Almighty God  come  back at home at whatever time  accept  Invitation  without  husband awareness  Involved with dangerous people like, Politic leaders etc,
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by tunde300us(m): 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2009
Quite a topic and am sure no one here is expecting one side to win.
One of the reason why some men will feel uncomfortable with in quote a successful woman is because attitude issues.As soon as she has a car before u,then ure in trouble,but i've seen some rare cases and believe me every man seeks such cos even if she becomes the president she will always be ur wife and not the opposite.
A woman think she is blessed with the gift to talk and every time she has the opportunity to talk,she will always over do it and over doing it means reminding you how she bought this and tht.
If ure unlucky to loose ur job as a man  sad dat one will mean just leave the house until u get another one,but like i said there are always exceptional cases and really they re scarce oh.
If u read through theblessed and the poster u will understand some of the domineering thing some men fear while dealing with women.
If u say u be mr macho nd u can deal with their kind pls engage them in this room nd u will have a taste of what they can deliver,bjcole is already having a feel of such.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Pharoh: 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2009
Alxmyr:

So because she is now a commissioner she cannot pound yam for her husband anymore?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by semid4lyfe(m): 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2009
THE AMAKA was right. Another man versus woman thread. No be na wa, na real wa!

Poster, stop decieving yourself men are intimidated by you. What they can't stand is your arrogant and 'know it all' attitude. You better check yourself before you wreck yourself. Obinrin jatijati.

Nonsense and Ingredients.
Shioor!
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 5:55pm On Nov 06, 2009
cant stop laffing
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by preselect(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2009
arrogant woman is the perfect instrument for failed marriage. unless they are married to a low life man who came for gold digging.

if a woman can be succesful without being arrogant. great.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by fizzybaba(m): 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2009
both genders have issues

MALE: sometimes we dont want to give them a chance to show if they are potential arrogant wives or not.we just want to prove to them we got the balls and it can be heart wrecking when the lady is not!

FEMALE:it is so true that often times, the lady cant manage her success.it gets into her head just like it can potentiallly gets into anybodys' head(gender regardless)

overall, lets give people a chance to show who they are.avoid hasty generalisation as factual as it may seem

ONE LOVE
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Jaylone(m): 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2009
pres-elect:

if a woman can be succesful without being arrogant. great.

Gbam!!!
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2009
fizzybaba:

both genders have issues

MALE: sometimes we dont want to give them a chance to show if they are potential arrogant wives or not.we just want to prove to them we got the balls and it can be heart wrecking when the lady is not!

FEMALE:it is so true that often times, the lady cant manage her success.it gets into her head just like it can potentiallly gets into anybodys' head(gender regardless)

overall, lets give people a chance to show who they are.avoid hasty generalisation as factual as it may seem

ONE LOVE

That is human's behavior and not just that of women
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Jaylone(m): 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2009
"What is good for the goose is good for the gander"

If a man is successful without also looking down on his spouse. GREATER

The problem basically is the attitude problem which I strongly believe that most of our female folks have.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by naso2(m): 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2009
@OP

When you use the term "afraid" it raises questions about you intent here: if it is to be better informed  or to engage the men here in some gender equality/superiority duel.

You have said that there are a few men out there that are not intimidated by woman's success, and some guys here have explained that there are also a few exceptional women that have not allowed there success to erode every sense of humility that becomes a woman. What else do you want to hear? Do THE ARITHMETIC AND SPOT THE GAP.

First when we talk success, we know it is relative. Within the context of our discuss if both partners are bankers and the woman is a senior manager and the guy is a deputy manager then she is seen as more successful. The question now is how freely will she be willing to have her partner come to her office and be introduced to her colleagues? How is her behavior to her husband  shaped/reshaped as she meets(as a consequence of her professional/official calls) more succesful men that could be her husband's age?

while most women on paper find it easy to mouth off that success does not affect their attitude, the truth remains that by some inate workings they(women) freely cede leadership only to men that are ahead of them and sometimes the husband is not fortunate to fall in this cadre.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by naso2(m): 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2009
tunde300us:

If ure unlucky to loose your job as a man sad dat one will mean just leave the house until u get another one,but like i said there are always exceptional cases and really they re scarce oh.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Pharoh: 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2009
na_so:

grin grin grin grin

That na one option grin grin grin, Another option is to get prepared for it no more dulling smiley
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by chic2pimp(m): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2009
I was waiting for a poster to mention the name of Barack Obama,lo & behold there it was,right on the first page grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2009
poverty mentality will make a man become afraid of a successful woman. No matter the height she has attained, she was created to submit to a man. I want to marry a very successful woman and we both will work it out.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by FMK(m): 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2009
VALENCI:

poverty mentality will make a man become afraid of a successful woman. No matter the height she has attained, she was created to submit to a man. I want to marry a very successful woman and we both will work it out.

brother i already imagine how you will just smoke one kind of Cigarette that called YES YES you will not have time to smoke Malborho while you are going to be under skirt of your wife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? / Men Are The Cause Of Moral Decadence & Indecency In Our Girls Today / A Belgian Discovers His Wife Used To Be A Man After 19 Years!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.