Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (16676 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2009
kokoye:

My main issues that some ladies now tend to blame the fact that theyre still single on their being a strong black successful woman - or that the guys who simply dont fancy them are gay.

Thank God we have strong black wealthy women who got married when they had nothing, still married and going strong.

Very true, but then, what do u expect when a woman cant get a man, she will have to blame one thing and that thing most of the times, are things that are not available and that is a man is not in their lives
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2009
Thank God there's a forum like NL where they can come n lie to make themselves feel good.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2009
kokoye:

Thank God there's a forum like NL where they can come n lie to make themselves feel good.

hahahahahaha . . . . u mean they able to deceive themselves, Lol
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by samaiin: 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2009
Depends on what you classified as a successful women. The percentage of successful women with attitude problem[s] is 98.9%. It is rational for a man to deal with such women with caution.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2009
Fhemmmy:

hahahahahaha . . . . u mean they able to deceive themselves, Lol

Yes now. cos there are some others like them on this forum who will support them.

So they actually tend to start believing their lies.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2009
Even men who are worth nothing put up an attitude because they were born with a penis. Should we as women bear with such nonentities?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2009
samaiin:

Depends on what you classified as a successful women. The percentage of successful women with attitude problem[s] is 98.9%. It is rational for a man to deal with such women with caution.

I can say same goes for a man, cos there are so many men that think with their money, they can do anything, but wont blame them sha, cos there are several women that has made such men feel like god all cos they have some change in their pocket and drives a nice car.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
kokoye:

Yes now. cos there are some others like them on this forum who will support them.

So they actually tend to start believing their lies.

Nothing more terrible than someone lying and yet beleiving their own lies
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
Bottomline, if you cannot respect a man / woman regardless of their status, you have no business being with him / her.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2009
kokoye:

What would you be doing with a man you believe is worth nothing?

right on the money kinda question, will be back to read the response.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2009
kokoye:

Ahahahhahahah! Right on point but you missed something: I never said I was with him.

Do you know how many times I have read on this forum: "Is that the way to speak to a man?" "Don't you know you must respect men?" etc grin grin grin

Sorry but either men or women respect must be earned and money isn't equal to respect.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bottomline, if you cannot respect a man / woman regardless of their status, you have no business being with him / her.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bawomolo(m): 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

Ahahahhahahah! Right on point but you missed something: I never said I was with him.

Do you know how many times I have read on this forum: "Is that the way to speak to a man?" "Don't you know you must respect men?" etc grin grin grin

Sorry but either men or women respect must be earned and money isn't equal to respect.

gbam gbam gbam
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

I never said you were with any guy - I only answered your question.

Again, like I always also say, some men / women are fools and not worth being involved with - like those men you mentioned above.

Respect ought to be mutual since we are partners and we should be one.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2009
^^^ words of wisdom
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2009
I never saying anything negative about women since I have 4 sisters and also happily married to one - also have a wonderful mom.

I just cant stand it when some people bring others down to make themselves feel good.

talk about sticking to the topic
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2009
kokoye:

I never saying anything negative about women since I have 4 sisters and also happily married to one - also have a wonderful mom.

I just cant stand it when some people bring others down to make themselves feel good.

talk about sticking to the topic

ummmmmmmmm
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2009
kokoye:

I never said you were with any guy - I only answered your question.

Again, like I always also say, some men / women are fools and not worth being involved with - like those men you mentioned above.

Respect ought to be mutual since we are partners and we should be one.

I got the idea that these guys were sort of linked to me from your comment below (Why did you edit your post?)

Fact is the poster is not talking about those who are in a relationship but she also brought up the cases of women who are unable to settle with a man because they are successful. If men would learn to see women as human beings rather than the stereotyped weaker sex who must be taken care of they'd live a better and stressfree life.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

I got the idea that these guys were sort of linked to me from your comment below (Why did you edit your post?)

Fact is the poster is not talking about those who are in a relationship but she also brought up the cases of women who are unable to settle with a man because they are successful. If men would learn to see women as human being rather than the weaker sex they'd live a better and stressfree life.

See, therein lies there problem. You automatically assume every man is like that. Have you been reading my posts?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2009
Over a long period (back in the 80s), my mom made more money than my dad and nobody new anything about it - even I got to find out a few yrs ago.

Reason: Simple, there was mutual love and respect between them regardless of status.

There will always be problems as long as one partner thinks they are in competition with the other.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2009
kokoye:

See, therein lies there problem. You automatically assume every man is like that.  Have you been reading my posts?

OK: if MOST men---But you won't deny that ALL men do feel they have to protect their women in one way or the other, because they somehow see them as fragile.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

OK: if SOME men---

lol.

michelin89. You have really evolved.

How many people would take a correction like you just did . . . without any trouble??

My respect for you is up one level.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

OK: if MOST men---But you won't deny that ALL men do feel they have to protect their women in one way or the other, because they somehow see them as fragile.

See. you just edited your post as well. it's all good though cheesy

YES. I will always protect my wife and children is EVERY way possible - simply because they are part of me. And it ought to be vice versa

In protecting my family, I am simply protecting myself.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2009
@ Kokoye

I have edited my post.  grin But note that I am not implying that all men are about their EGOS. But I think every man feels the need to protect their women, when they love them of course. smiley
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

@ Kokoye

But I think every man feels the need to protect their women, when they love them of course. smiley

Is that a bad thing?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by omar22(m): 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2009
Fact is the poster is not talking about those who are in a relationship but she also brought up the cases of women who are unable to settle with a man because they are successful. If men would learn to see women as human beings rather than the stereotyped weaker sex who must be taken care of they'd live a better and stressfree life.

What are you talking about, you and i know that less than 1% of a Nigerian woman is likely to take a back step in a relationship so far she's the bread winner in that house, her tongue becomes sharper and before anything she starts to throw her weight around, a Nigerian man would still want you to be his wife reagerdless of her wealth this is where the problem lies, a man has his ego to protect and before it gets bruised he would walk, before she dents the mans confidence further.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2009
kokoye:

Is that a bad thing?

Not at all as long as it doesn't become a form of control.

Back to the topic:
There is a false myth that the majority of successful women is disrespectful but have you ever asked yourself how they got there? How many challenges they had to face? Why they are quick to say no to any form of nonsense?

Anyways let me add my two humble cents. At the end of the day when you love someone you always end up putting that person before you in everything and I am using myself as an example. Everyone including myself knows I am a selfish and calculative person. But when I love my friends hardly recognize me because all of a sudden I am almost selfless and sacrificial.

If you feel your woman is belittling you because she has money, WAKE UP SLEEPING BEAUTY: SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU!
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2009
omar22:

What are you talking about, you and i know that less than 1% of a Nigerian woman is likely to take a back step in a relationship so far she's the bread winner in that house, her tongue becomes sharper and before anything she starts to throw her weight around, a Nigerian man would still want you to be his wife reagerdless of her wealth this is where the problem lies, a man has his ego to protect and before it gets bruised he would walk, before she dents the mans confidence further.

That is just a stereotype, you have no proof to back it up. Go around the entire Nigeria and analyze every family where the woman is the breadwinner.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Tanzos: 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2009
Im not afraid of guns, its the person behind the gun that scares the living daylights out of me.
Its a good thing for a woman to be successful, its how the success might get to them that worries some men as you put it.
If you can even read between the lines of the posts youd see what i mean.
 just for kicks guys try askin your babe for money sometime that youre broke, youd be amazed! lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

If you feel your woman is belittling you because she has money, WAKE UP SLEEPING BEAUTY: SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU!

Word.

Like I said earlier, you got no business being together. A lot of poeple originally get together for the wrong reasons.

Divorce is legal and cheap . . also not a sin in my own opinion.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by omar22(m): 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2009
I have a friend whose married to a Malaysian practically she's a millionaire but she respect's her husband, you want to see how she rushes home from her business to make her husbands food and she doesn't let the housemaid get in the way,  my friend told me that in the beginning he was fearful but 10 years of marriage she has never talked about who makes what or who brought what to the family,  I also know guys who are married to English or European heiress without nothing or no problem,  but Naija!!!! by the time they tell you your life story you would be close to commit suicide.

So some guys avoid the situation from the beginning, some go in and get burnt, some go in and forever become a foot mat because he is prepare to accept the dirt been thrown at him, some go in and despite all the money she makes she knows that theirs honour in her been a wife first and submit to him (not slavery)
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by kokoye(m): 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2009
Tanzos:

just for kicks guys try askin your babe for money sometime that youre broke, youd be amazed! lipsrsealed

If you get a derogatory / disrespectful answer, then you are in the wrong relationship. Move on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Parenting In The Digital Age / Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.