Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,195 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants (22183 Views)

Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? / Feminism Is An Abbreviation Of Female Stupidity - Nigerian Lady / Marriage And The Happily Ever After Syndrome: An Alternative Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by MizMyColi(f): 9:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
Oliviaarims:
I just can't stop laughing @hoohaa! Mizmycoli, really? grin

I learned it from pregnant Mums thread o.
I just love the sound of it.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by thorpido(m): 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2016
eyinjuege:

More like ovarian cancer...
It could be ovarian or cervical.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by 5minsmadness: 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
MizMyColi:

Okay.
Mum bathes her and I'm always there.
She doesn't do such crude tactic, plus the hot water she uses is same as the one she uses in bathing her bod.

Are you a healthcare worker?

Yes I am.
Just got back home, in fact.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
MizMyColi:

I learned it from pregnant Mums thread o.
I just love the sound of it.

Lol. Indeed!
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by 5minsmadness: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
MizMyColi:

It was so new to me too.
The dusting powder I mean.
When I searched Google, I found that there was little mention of it, so I decided to create the thread to get more opinions and hopefully, it will be indexed on Google.

In all honesty, for a moment there, I considered it, but mainly for aesthetic purposes, and then maybe to avoid too much pleasure, cos a close friend told me a story of a friend's friend who was so promiscuous.

That her friend took her into an empty office and showed her her hoohaa, the c.lit. It was abnormally big and shooting out like a small preek and she said the place was always scratching her, hence her whorish nature.

When that woman talked about the waka waka lady, my mind flashed to the story I just told and I was scared for my DD.

Because I know I will never circumcise her, I was scared her c.lit might turn out that way and be scratching her too.

That was even why I searched Google till I saw the results, and even then, there was little reference to dusting powder.

So I thought to bring it here to know if talcum is different from dusting powder and in the event it is, is it actually dangerous?

I thank everyone of you for your inputs. I am more enlightened now.

The talcum powder thing is not an absolute 100%. New discoveries are always given rounds of scrutiny to test their authenticity. Just saying.

The issue of the girl with the large clit is also true. Like i said earlier, the clit0ris is one of the most sensitive parts of the female anatomy and is designed specifically for pleasurable sensations vis sex. It is actually a rudimentary form of the male penis.

And yes it is my experience that ladies with bigger clits are more sexually active. Let's not try to sugarcoat things here pls. However promiscuity can occur as a result of various factors.

Question: If you knew for sure that retaining your baby's clit would make her 100% more likely to be promiscuous when she attained puberty, would you agree to circumcision now?
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by MizMyColi(f): 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2016
5minsmadness:

The talcum powder thing is not an absolute 100%. New discoveries are always given rounds of scrutiny to test their authenticity. Just saying.

The issue of the girl with the large clit is also true. Like i said earlier, the clit0ris is one of the most sensitive parts of the female anatomy and is designed specifically for pleasurable sensations vis sex. It is actually a rudimentary form of the male penis.

And yes it is my experience that ladies with bigger clits are more sexually active. Let's not try to sugarcoat things here pls. However promiscuity can occur as a result of various factors.

Question: If you knew for sure that retaining your baby's clit would make her 100% more likely to be promiscuous when she attained puberty, would you agree to circumcision now?

Like you said, promiscuity is caused by various factors.
@question, even if it is true, I am against cutting out any part of her body.

What i don't want is a situation where her clit outgrows her vjay and starts scratching her....
I guess the reason they use water to massage that place.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by MizMyColi(f): 10:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
5minsmadness:

Yes I am.
Just got back home, in fact.

Welcome.
Well-done smiley

Are you a doctor?
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by SalomonKane: 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2016
Ishilove:

Are you a nurse? How come you've seen other women's _clitoris?
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by thorpido(m): 10:56pm On Nov 25, 2016
MizMyColi:

Like you said, promiscuity is caused by various factors.
@question, even if it is true, I am against cutting out any part of her body.

What i don't want is a situation where her clit outgrows her vjay and starts scratching her....
I guess the reason they use water to massage that place.
A lot of things are done that don't really have an effect,more like a placebo.
Using hot water to massage a baby's c.lit won't change it's shape or size in the future.It's like massaging a nose to modify its size.It has no lasting effect but people have been so used to it,it's become a ritual.

1 Like

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by sugah: 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2016
babythug:
Alphahandmaiden feddy27 helovesme sugah onegai tearoses dangotesmummy coldfeet comtem2011 damiso EfemenaXY

Come and see something here oh!!!!!

So what do we do to check promiscuity in our male children? Cut off their haahoo?

5 Likes

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by MizMyColi(f): 11:14pm On Nov 25, 2016
thorpido:
A lot of things are done that don't really have an effect,more like a placebo.
Using hot water to massage a baby's c.lit won't change it's shape or size in the future.It's like massaging a nose to modify its size.It has no lasting effect but people have been so used to it,it's become a ritual.

I guess all I can do now is hold faith that hers won't turn out that way.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by thorpido(m): 6:32am On Nov 26, 2016
MizMyColi:

I guess all I can do now is hold faith that hers won't turn out that way.
The truth is a few women have large c.lits that look almost like a small p.enis.It can indeed be a problem because it will easily get rubbed by everyday activities.It can indeed increase sexual urge in them and it will take a whole lot of self- control on their part.Most women have it normal and can manage their urge as they grow.It depends on the factors listed earlier.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by cococandy(f): 7:04am On Nov 26, 2016
It's actually conclusive. In Washington state, women and families of women who have had or died from ovarian cancer and can prove that they used talcum powder in the past are getting millions of dollars in compensation from those multi-trillion dollar talcum powder manufacturers. Trust those shark lawyers. Class action law suits are just springing up here and there.

I think of all the talcum powder I used when I was small and I feel very afraid. Who is going to sue Morning Rose and Pears on my behalf if that ever happens to me? cry

eyinjuege:

Do you know there's an inconclusive link between powders containing talc and ovarian cancer? This is in women who have a history of application around the genital area. I don't know though if your dusting powder has talc in it.
Anyways, try and raise your child well. Let her have confidence in herself.
We do have female prostitutes who are circumcised, BTW. That certainly didn't help them (and not all prostitutes start the trade from dire financial circumstance, some are just greedy n lazy)
Many girls who act up and are promiscuous do it NOT because they actually enjoy the sex (we have very few nymphomaniacs) but for deeper psychological reasons.
Watch your girl child like a hawk (even male children are not excluded these times we're in ).
Don't leave them (boy and girl ) alone with any uncle/aunt. You and your spouse must be actively involved in raising them.
Teach them from a young age to confide in you, to know nobody is allowed to touch them around their privates. Believe them when they tell you things, and be there for them always

1 Like

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Ishilove: 7:04am On Nov 26, 2016
SalomonKane:
grin cheesy grin cheesy
I bow o. How did she see the women's clits? Did they open up their legs and show her?

2 Likes

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by cococandy(f): 7:05am On Nov 26, 2016
This one happened in Missouri
In the first of what looks to be many verdicts and/or settlements involving allegations that Johnson & Johnson ignored a possible link between cancer and its talcum-based products, a jury in Missouri has ordered the company to pay a total of $72 million to the family of a woman who died from ovarian cancer

https://consumerist.com/2016/02/24/jury-awards-72-million-in-johnson-johnson-talcum-powder-cancer-lawsuit/

1 Like

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by SalomonKane: 7:07am On Nov 26, 2016
Ishilove:

I bow o. How did she see the women's clits?
I don't even want to imagine... grin
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Ishilove: 7:08am On Nov 26, 2016
cococandy:
This one happened in Missouri

https://consumerist.com/2016/02/24/jury-awards-72-million-in-johnson-johnson-talcum-powder-cancer-lawsuit/
Jeez. So what happens to people like us who grew up rubbing Tony Montana and Enchanter?
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Ishilove: 7:10am On Nov 26, 2016
SalomonKane:
I don't even want to imagine... grin
Lmao! E reach to ask. MizMycoli said she has seen ragged looking clits (plural) so my curiosity is piqued. cheesy
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by cococandy(f): 7:14am On Nov 26, 2016
Ishilove:

Jeez. So what happens to people like us who grew up rubbing Tony Montana and Enchanter?

I don't know.

I'm considering having my ovaries and womb removed once I'm done having babies. To reduce the number of possible cancers I have to worry about.

This cancer thing no be here. So very common now. embarassed
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by SalomonKane: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2016
Ishilove:

Lmao! E reach to ask. She said she has seen ragged looking clits (plural) so my curiosity is piqued. cheesy
Erm, but why is your curiosity piqued? Oh you also want to see 'ragged looking clits' yourself? LOL. tongue
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Ishilove: 7:17am On Nov 26, 2016
cococandy:

I don't know.

I'm considering having my ovaries and womb removed once I'm done having babies. To reduce the number of possible cancers I have to worry about.

Wow...that is extreme embarassed

Cancer is common now because of all these chemicals that are incorporated into our products. So many of them have no business being inside our bodies
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by SalomonKane: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2016
cococandy:

I don't know.

Also to avoid feeling uncomfortable when it's that time of the month, right.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Ishilove: 7:19am On Nov 26, 2016
SalomonKane:
Erm, but why is your curiosity piqued? Oh you also want to see 'ragged looking clits' yourself? LOL. tongue
I ain't homo, brah so wetin I wan use clits, ragged looking or otherwise, do? grin

I'm curious because the statement itself is a baffling one.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by SalomonKane: 7:24am On Nov 26, 2016
Ishilove:

I ain't homo, brah so wetin I wan use clits, ragged looking or otherwise, do? grin

I'm curious because the statement itself is a baffling one.
Indeed the statement is baffling. I'm sure missy-I-crave-attention won't want to shed light on the statement cos may be who knows, she might be... grin

Babe, may be you haven't explored your sexuality. Who knows, you might like it. grin cheesy
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Ishilove: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2016
SalomonKane:
Indeed the statement is baffling. I'm sure missy-I-crave-attention won't want to shed light on the statement cos may be who knows, she might be... grin

Babe, may be you haven't explored your sexuality. Who knows, you might like it. grin cheesy
Buhahahahahahahahaha!! cheesy

Well, she hasn't responded to my question but has responded to others who quoted her. That in itself is baffling undecided grin

No need for exploration because I'm strictly men, trust me. cheesy
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by cococandy(f): 7:33am On Nov 26, 2016
Ishilove:

Wow...that is extreme embarassed

Cancer is common now because of all these chemicals that are incorporated into our products. So many of them have no business being inside our bodies
Extreme? Yes. Expensive? You betcha.

But cancer is more extreme, more expensive, more painful and often leads to death. cry
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Ishilove: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2016
cococandy:

Extreme? Yes. Expensive? You betcha.

But cancer is more extreme, more expensive, more painful and often leads to death. cry
My sister, we can only ask for God's mercy because what if after one removes their internal reproductive organs, the cancer strikes them from another dimension? Cancer is cancer, notwithstanding the organ. cry

1 Like

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by SalomonKane: 7:39am On Nov 26, 2016
Ishilove:

Buhahahahahahahahaha!! cheesy

Well, she hasn't responded to my question but has responded to others who quoted her. That in itself is baffling undecided grin

No need for exploration because I'm strictly men, trust me. cheesy
I doubt she will. She doesn't reply to mentions that has the propensity to expose and question her attention seeking deficiency syndrome. grin

You're all men? Why that's good to hear. But lemme be sure so I can ascertain for sure. wink
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Ishilove: 7:44am On Nov 26, 2016
SalomonKane:
I doubt she will. She doesn't reply to mentions that has the propensity to expose and question her attention seeking deficiency syndrome. grin

You're all men? Why that's good to hear. But lemme be sure so I can ascertain for sure. wink
You want to be sure I do men, not women? Just negodu
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by SalomonKane: 7:47am On Nov 26, 2016
Ishilove:

You want to be sure I do men, not women? Just negodu
Ah ah. Babes, seeing is believing, hope you know? grin
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Ishilove: 7:52am On Nov 26, 2016
SalomonKane:
Ah ah. Babes, seeing is believing, hope you know? grin
Yeah, same way MizMyColi saw the the raggedy clits. I believe grin
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by helovesme(f): 7:52am On Nov 26, 2016
EfemenaXY:

I'm disappointed you of all people would ask this question.

No, actually I'm annoyed with you. The fact that you even mention it and think circumcision would make her clitörïs look better means you must have considered it deep down in you and that's worrying.

Your aunt sounds very old school and I'll advise you NEVER to leave your daughter alone with her.

That abhorrent act was instigated by folks from the olden days to subdue the girl child. Apart from the complications that ensue, it puts the child's life at risk.

I will be honest too. I'm shocked such question came from her. She always came across as well enlightened lipsrsealed

Applying dusting powder on a baby's vagina (even on an adult's skin, dusting powder stings how much more on a baby's vagina), massaging it or whatever with hot water is nothing else but wickedness and abuse on a child.

Already circumcised women are going through some kind of "stigmatisation". Now one of the standard questions in a western country which women originally from Africa and other "circumcision hotspots" are asked while registering for antenatal is "have you being circumcised"? Their reason for asking and adding such to a circumcised woman's health records is so that all the doctors, midwives and nurses that will be attending to her on the day of delivery/throughout her pregnancy will be well aware of this fact as it's always a shock to them when they see a mutilated vagina during intimate examination/labour/delivery.

They also ask so that you are added to a "watch list" and they ensure such woman does not do same to any daughter she might have. They are aware it's a cultural/generational practice that tends to be passed on from grandmum to mum to daughter, etc.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Women Are Bad Marriage Advisers. / Marrying A Feminist / Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.