Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

The Magic Of Distance In Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Magic Of Distance In Relationships (6873 Views)

Most Distance Relationships Are Pure Scam. / Say The Magic “f-word” To Make Her Chase You / What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
skarlett:
Romance section and people that don't like reading sha undecided

Add low attention-span to that list. cheesy

This is really an insightful article Michael. Thats one of the formula long lasting partners say they use in their relationships, a little distance doesn't hurt.

Thanks. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
sinaj:
There is no manual for having a good relationship. The tips that works for Mr A might not work for Mr B.

Just pray nd hope for a partner with a good heart.

Dazall, the sooner everyone realizes this, the better.

But all the same nice piece. Bro.

1 Like

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
dingbang:
The saying, what works for A, may not work for B is not applicable to this write up.

Sinaj take note.

Darkrebel101 the write up Is magnificient!

It is applicable... You should understand that the makeup of each individual is very different!... The fact that a lil distance will work for you doesn't mean it will work for another couple with a totally different chemistry.

2 Likes

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by KINGinVAHALA: 12:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hi flawless miss @Nkaytiana
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by QueenSuccubus(f): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
grin

SmellingAnus shud see this...
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
cc: Lleigh
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by rhymesnoni(m): 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
yes, true, bt can u practice wat ure preaching??
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by davide470(m): 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
skarlett:
Romance section and people that don't like reading sha undecided

This is really an insightful article Michael. That's one of the formula long lasting partners say they use in their relationships, a little distance doesn't hurt.
It is quite insightful but he should tone down on the grammar smiley

Cc: DarkRebel101:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by SmellingAnus(m): 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
QueenSuccubus:
grin

I think I can relate to the message of this thread.. Lemme read back again later ... wink
Boo Op is right... I like the write up... cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by PrettyClare7(f): 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
alright. but someone somewhere opened a thread about people who are too busy for their partner. I guess this post cures the problem.

I love this post op...
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by QueenSuccubus(f): 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
SmellingAnus:
Boo Op is right... I like the write up... cool cool

Me too.. grin

So, do u like long distance relationships as well boo? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by SmellingAnus(m): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
QueenSuccubus:

Me too.. grin

So, do u like long distance relationships as well boo? cheesy
hahaha... I prefer long distance friend... Long distance relationship is too complicated for my liking.. However the op is also saying that people in relationship should learn to give each other space sometimes which I perfectly agree with...
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
PrettyClare7:
alright. but someone somewhere opened a thread about people who are too busy for their partner. I guess this post cures the problem.

I love this post op...

Thanks, ma'am. smiley
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by QueenSuccubus(f): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
SmellingAnus:
hahaha... I prefer long distance friend... Long distance relationship is too complicated for my liking.. However the op is also saying that people in relationship should learn to give each other space sometimes which I perfectly agree with...

LDR is truly complicated one boo.. It's too risky actually and all u have to give is ur word and trust.. I won't give up til I find the guy I wanna spend the rest of my life with.. grin

I don't care how far he is, I will go sail and find him cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by SmellingAnus(m): 4:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
QueenSuccubus:

LDR is truly complicated one boo.. It's too risky actually and all u have to give is ur word and trust.. I won't give up til I find the guy I wanna spend the rest of my life with.. grin

I don't care how far he is, I will go sail and find him cheesy
I support you boo... You will surely find him next year cool
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by QueenSuccubus(f): 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
SmellingAnus:
I support you boo... You will surely find him next year cool

grin kiss

Yes! I hope that 2017 will be so fruitful for both of us boo grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by TheRealestGuy(m): 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
DarkRebel101:

It crashed because distance was not balanced with intimacy and closeness. The two must always work hand in glove.

It takes a great deal of maturity and forbearance to make a long-distance relationship work. I know some people who have done it successfully but I still don't think it's the ideal form of relationship. Long-distance relationships are studded with so many uncertainties and are very much subject to Murphy's Law which states that if there's even a fragment of chance that something can go wrong, then it would eventually go wrong.
And being in the same city rules out any chance of something going wrong?

I beg to disagree bro.
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by sinaj(f): 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
DarkRebel101:

It's not in anyway encouraging long-distance relationship, but that we should allow for some little pockets of distance [occasionally] to keep our relationships from growing cold.

When you visit Nairaland everyday there's the every tendency that it will eventually grow drab and that you'll get bored of it. But stay off Nairaland for two weeks or two months and you would be itching to log in because the distance you've created must have sparked a new interest and curiosity in you. You catch the drift?
once I loose touch with a person via call or chats for 2days, I start loosing interest in dat person. That's why I typed that d xme principle can't b applied to evrione.
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
sinaj:
once I loose touch with a person via call or chats for 2days, I start loosing interest in dat person. That's why I typed that d xme principle can't b applied to evrione.

If you begin to lose interest in someone after a 2-day lapse in communication then it can only mean two things:

1.) You never liked him in the first place.

2.) You aren't mentally mature enough to be in a relationship.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by REIIGN(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
davide470:
It is quite insightful but he should tone down on the grammar smiley

Cc: DarkReb.el101:

**clears throat**
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
And being in the same city rules out any chance of something going wrong?
I beg to disagree bro.

But the chances of something going wrong are slimmer in close-knit relationships. Surely you can't disagree with that.
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
REIIGN:

**clears throat**

I see the unvoiced innuendo. grin
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by REIIGN(m): 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
DarkRebel101:

I see the unvoiced innuendo. grin

There has never been a more pūssy-whipped mod on NL. Even Tony Umez has more self control. undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
DarkRebel101,

you are so on point!

As the saying goes, too much familiarity breeds contempt. wink
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by joseph1832(m): 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
sinaj:
There is no manual for having a good relationship. The tips that works for Mr A might not work for Mr B.

Just pray nd hope for a partner with a good heart.

Now I couldn't have said this better. smiley
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by joseph1832(m): 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mindfulness:
DarkRebel101,

you are so on point!

As the saying goes, too much familiarity breeds contempt. wink

Thus, the saying: "the more you show your face in your friend's house, the more he despises you".

But that is not always the case.
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
joseph1832:
Thus, the saying: "the more you show your face in your friend's house, the more he despises you".

But that is not always the case.

I don't know if that is always the case but there is only one person in this world I can be around 24/7 and that is me. Everyone else, abeg, give me a break every now and then. grin
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
This post just buttresses the fact that Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Nice job Op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by joseph1832(m): 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mindfulness:

I don't know if that is always the case but there is only one person in this world I can be around 24/7 and that is me. Everyone else, abeg, give me a break every now and then.grin
Now again, that's among the primary reason why relationship fail, selfishness.
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
I can totally related to this thread cry

But we will be United soon, can't wait cheesy grin
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
joseph1832:
Now again, that's among the primary reason why relationship fail, selfishness.

So I am selfish for wanting some time by myself and you are not selfish because you want your significant other to be available to you all the time? grin
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by joseph1832(m): 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mindfulness:

So I am selfish for wanting some time by myself and you are not selfish because you want your significant other to be available to you all the time? grin
Not necessarily. The goal is to always be together. Be it physically, spiritually or otherwise.

Communication is key.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm Beginning The Year Without My Fiancé / Ask Me Any Question About Sex / How Beans Saved Us From Armed Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.