Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

The Magic Of Distance In Relationships - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Magic Of Distance In Relationships (6884 Views)

Most Distance Relationships Are Pure Scam. / Say The Magic “f-word” To Make Her Chase You / What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
DarkRebel101:

I appreciate your input. You're right about my zeroing focus only on premarital relationships. This is so because I have first-hand experiences in that regard. I can't say this applies in marriages as well because I have no experience whatsoever in that station.

But I don't think a little distance in marriages is far-fetched. Couples do it all the time, howbeit they take a more subtle and modest approach.

Yo how you go from rhymes to romance? Where the freestyles at bruh??
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Oahray: 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
DarkRebel101:

I appreciate your input. You're right about my zeroing focus on only premarital relationships. This is so because I have first-hand experiences in that regard. I can't say this applies in marriages as well because I have no experience whatsoever in that station.

But I don't think a little distance in marriages is far-fetched. Couples do it all the time, howbeit they take a more subtle and modest approach.

Sometimes they don't even need to create distance as circumstances create the distance for them. Circumstances like work, children, etc.
I think it's very much the same for singles in relationships. Work doesn't start at marriage; add that to the physical absence most of the time.

On the whole I get your point though. Moderation is key, even in showering our partners with attention. Just wondered how practical it would be in marriage.
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
Oahray:
I think it's very much the same for singles in relationships. Work doesn't start at marriage; add that to the physical absence most of the time.

But singles don't bear the weights of the responsibilities which marriage ushers into a person's life. Of course many singles have jobs, but they don't carry the burden of having to balance work with family -- both nuclear and extended.

Marriage is more secure, more serious, more permanent -- but premarital relationships are more likely than not to be built on wobbly foundations, that and the possibility of a break-up circling the space above many premarital relationships like a roving buzzard.

So yeah, premarital relationships and marriages are apples and oranges.

On the whole I get your point though. Moderation is key, even in showering our partners with attention. Just wondered how practical it would be in marriage.

Touché. Modesty is the mother of virtues.

2 Likes

Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Oahray: 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
DarkRebel101:

But singles don't bear the weights of the responsibilities which marriage ushers into a person's life. Of course many singles have jobs, but they don't carry the burden of having to balance work with family -- both nuclear and extended.

Marriage is more secure, more serious, more permanent -- but premarital relationships are more likely than not to be built on wobbly foundations, that and the possibility of a break-up circling the space above many premarital relationships like a roving buzzard.

So yeah, premarital relationships and marriages are apples and oranges.

Touché. Modesty is the mother of virtues.
hmmm... That's quite a conclusion to reach, that part about singles not bearing much responsibilities. Some singles carry staggering responsibilities.

Before marriage, one still has a family, nuclear and extended. Some become part-time or even full time breadwinners, due to circumstances. For some the challenge it's balancing demanding jobs with providing care for aged parents or terminally ill relatives.

I agree that marriage is in a league of its own, but it's not as if every single person has all the time in the world to choke his partner with attention. If we aren't seeing very often in the first place, why try to add even more distance?

The part about marriages being more serious and secure makes sense. The more committed a relationship is, the less the need to disappear into thin air to spice it up again.
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 02, 2016
davide470:
It is quite insightful but he should tone down on the grammar smiley

Cc: DarkRebel10

Thats typical Michael for you, I cannot even begin to imagine how a conversation with him will be like without jaw breaking words grin grin
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by TheRealestGuy(m): 6:40am On Dec 02, 2016
DarkRebel101:

But the chances of something going wrong are slimmer in close-knit relationships. Surely you can't disagree with that.

When you say close-knit do you mean close in physical or emotional terms?

Good am.
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by yhemsy62(m): 7:16am On Dec 02, 2016
sinaj:
There is no manual for having a good relationship. The tips that works for Mr A might not work for Mr B.

Just pray nd hope for a partner with a good heart.

GBAM
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 02, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
When you say close-knit do you mean close in physical or emotional terms?

Good am.

Physical and emotional closeness are mutually exclusive. You'd be hardpressed to find one existing without the other.
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by sinaj(f): 8:11am On Dec 02, 2016
joseph1832:
Now I couldn't have said this better. smiley
smiley
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by joseph1832(m): 8:19am On Dec 02, 2016
sinaj:
smiley
You're welcome. smiley
Re: The Magic Of Distance In Relationships by FTbomb(m): 8:39am On Dec 02, 2016
ah! not this thread...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Look At The What My PH Babe Is Coughing Out [Graphic Photo] / Countries With The Finest And Most Attractive Girls In Africa / Latest Gist! Female university student caught having sex on a busy street.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.