Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (771365 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by bBadass01(m): 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
Hello hommies, i have been granted offer to study in one of the cyprus universities. please i need your help on how to confirm this offer so has not to fall in scammer trap . Thanks so much ,i will be looking forward to get a reply from you.
Re: North Cyprus by bBadass01(m): 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
please i need help on how to confirm truly the university i applyed for really gave me addmition and not a scam.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:08am On Dec 07, 2014
bBadass01:
please i need help on how to confirm truly the university i applyed for really gave me addmition and not a scam.

If you want to confirm if the admission is authentic then search the school online and send them a mail but if you sure it is then to confirm the place of admission you will have to pay the required fees mentioned in the admission letter.

Good luck
Re: North Cyprus by ik4life: 9:40am On Dec 07, 2014
Please can anyone help me with the financial requirements for an msc program in a north cyprus university. Thanks in anticipation of your responses
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 9:49am On Dec 07, 2014
ik4life:
Please can anyone help me with the financial requirements for an msc program in a north cyprus university. Thanks in anticipation of your responses
You can help yourself
Go to the schools websites and look.
Use google to search for schools and then the course you want.
Re: North Cyprus by ik4life: 10:50am On Dec 07, 2014
worry359:

You can help yourself
Go to the schools websites and look.
Use google to search for schools and then the course you want.
I have done that but the answers I got where not satisfactory.please do u have an idea of what am asking for
Re: North Cyprus by sidnigga: 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2014
this worry359 shud jus shut his trap if he gat ntin constructive to say...I've not for once read a comment of his that's constructive...he's always sounding as if he ain't comfortable wit how ppl bin cumin to trnc...iiiiiiidiot like u,do u tink trnc is a place to be...dat fckin boring island...mtcheeew!
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
sidnigga grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by pero0147(m): 2:31am On Dec 10, 2014
Hello,

I am applying for MBA to the Near East University, the website says,

"International Students pay €350 for each course + 5%VAT + €200 Social activity fee + €50 Health Insurance (Per Annum)."

"The cost of a Masters Thesis is equivalent to the fee of 2 courses + 5% VAT."

The MBA requires •

" The Thesis Programme: the completion of 36 credit hours which consists of;
o 5 three-credit core management courses
o 7 three-credit technical electives
o A non-credit seminar course in the field business/management
o A dissertation/thesis in the field of business/management
o Maintenance of a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.0

Accommodation for 1 year (4 persons in a room hostel) £1000 but one must pay £200
To apply - total- £1200

Feeding is £1000 per annum for a 1 course meal thrice daily.

15 courses - £367.5 each =£5512.5 (vat included)

Total - £7712.5

Ok for those who have experience on Northern Cyprus. Could there be any hidden charge that I have not captured here??

I need to know so I can arrange myself well. Also what is average extra cash I need to survive from day to day having paid the above amount?

Peter
Re: North Cyprus by boblin: 11:22am On Dec 10, 2014
Thanks for the info. I followed ur post. Please documents to take to the embassy for visa and how many photocopies of passport and also. Please don't be offended.
Re: North Cyprus by ik4life: 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
pero0147:
Hello,

I am applying for MBA to the Near East University, the website says,

"International Students pay €350 for each course + 5%VAT + €200 Social activity fee + €50 Health Insurance (Per Annum)."

"The cost of a Masters Thesis is equivalent to the fee of 2 courses + 5% VAT."

The MBA requires •

" The Thesis Programme: the completion of 36 credit hours which consists of;
o 5 three-credit core management courses
o 7 three-credit technical electives
o A non-credit seminar course in the field business/management
o A dissertation/thesis in the field of business/management
o Maintenance of a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.0

Accommodation for 1 year (4 persons in a room hostel) £1000 but one must pay £200
To apply - total- £1200

Feeding is £1000 per annum for a 1 course meal thrice daily.

15 courses - £367.5 each =£5512.5 (vat included)

Total - £7712.5

Ok for those who have experience on Northern Cyprus. Could there be any hidden charge that I have not captured here??

I need to know so I can arrange myself well. Also what is average extra cash I need to survive from day to day having paid the above amount?

Peter

tnk u a lot God go make u bigger
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
@Etflo

No more ad from you here please.
Re: North Cyprus by Etflo: 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2014
justwise:
@Etflo

No more ad from you here please.

ok thanks
Re: North Cyprus by edoboy74(m): 1:16am On Dec 15, 2014
Hello nairaland... I was offered admission in EMU as of last week (all thanks to WIP) and I'll be paying my tuition fee before december 27th.
By the grace of God, I'll be applying for visa after confirmation of payment and along the line I also noticed that my "DOB" in my WAEC result (26th/01/1994) is slightly different from the date on my PASSPORT (27th/01/1994)... Please what should I do?, will this difference affect my application?

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by hensben(m): 1:28am On Dec 15, 2014
edoboy74:
Hello nairaland... I was offered admission in EMU as of last week (all thanks to WIP) and I'll be paying my tuition fee before december 27th.
By the grace of God, I'll be applying for visa after confirmation of payment and along the line I also noticed that my "DOB" in my WAEC result (26th/01/1994) is slightly different from the date on my PASSPORT (27th/01/1994)... Please what should I do?, will this difference affect my application?
go swear affidevit
Re: North Cyprus by edoboy74(m): 9:42am On Dec 15, 2014
hensben:
go swear affidevit

Thank you very much "hensben", but how sure are you if I swear affidavit it will clear my issues with the turkish embassy concerning my "DOB"? If your 99% sure then how long will it take me to get the clarify the issue?... Lastly which is more preferable, "going to the WAEC office for complain or swear affidavit when it comes to issues concerning visa application?
Re: North Cyprus by hensben(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2014
edoboy74:

Thank you very much "hensben", but how sure are you if I swear affidavit it will clear my issues with the turkish embassy concerning my "DOB"? If your 99% sure then how long will it take me to get the clarify the issue?... Lastly which is more preferable, "going to the WAEC office for complain or swear affidavit when it comes to issues concerning visa application?
go to court in your state or wherever you are now, yeah i am 100% sure you wouldnt have any issue when you do this (i.e, make your DOB in your waec result to correspond with the one in your international passport).
Re: North Cyprus by edoboy74(m): 10:12am On Dec 15, 2014
Ade001:
Might even know you in person(just may be). Well am using this opportunity to tell intending students to ask any embassy related quetions here or NEU questions here, I will help as I can if am online though. Thanks and out.

Hello, I was offered admission in EMU as of last week (all thanks to WIP) and I'll be paying my tuition fee before december 27th.
Re: North Cyprus by edoboy74(m): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2014
hensben:
go to court in your state or wherever you are now, yeah i am 100% sure you wouldnt have any issue when you do this (i.e, make your DOB in your waec result to correspond with the one in your international passport).

@hensben
Thanks so much for your contribution. "Thumb's up"
Re: North Cyprus by iyb(m): 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
@wip7 please i want to know how can one order his transcripts from emu sent to another school thank you
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 6:53am On Dec 17, 2014
Hello house pls how is Girne American university. Is it a good school to study as a nigerian? How is the environment?
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
Pls house info needed on girne american univ.
Re: North Cyprus by Phhconnect(m): 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
Amosiye:
Hello house pls how is Girne American university. Is it a good school to study as a nigerian? How is the environment?

Better than most Nigeria Universities, if not all, but I would advise you opt for Eastern Mediterranean if they offer your program.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
iyb:
@wip7 please i want to know how can one order his transcripts from emu sent to another school thank you

If you are current EMU student, visit the registrar office and fill the forms to include the address you want it to go and pay the required fees. If not a current EMU student, then speak/write the registrar with the details.
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sir wip...... God bless u for all ur info on this thread. I can see that u hv been of a great help to thousands, and many more yet to come. Well I pray God strengthenes you and increase u.
Phhconnect:

Better than most Nigeria Universities, if not all, but I would advise you opt for Eastern Mediterranean if they offer your program.
well as for the standard and international recognition what's ur stake on the GAU...

Then 2ndly how's the girne(kyrenia) location, will u advice one from nigeria to go there strictly for studies(masters level)
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Amosiye:
Sir wip...... God bless u for all ur info on this thread. I can see that u hv been of a great help to thousands, and many more yet to come. Well I pray God strengthenes you and increase u. well as for the standard and international recognition what's ur stake on the GAU...

Then 2ndly how's the girne(kyrenia) location, will u advice one from nigeria to go there strictly for studies(masters level)

Thanks for the prayer. GAU is a private University located in TRNC and as earlier stated by a respondent, its a standard university with modern facilities. You may check GAU recognition and accreditation on the university website..that will give you a deeper knowledge. I had a friend that recently graduated PhD there and employ with great salary as Assistant professor in Singapore. .....

.......Studying in Harvard may not mean you will be successful or not but the facilities couple with your personal devotion and creativity set you high.....and Vice versa.

If you are science based, check the web of the university or department you want to study, ensure they have the necessary machines, equipment and devices in your intended field, look for scientific publications of the scholars in that field and if you a satisfy go for it and you may even email some of the instructors and ask questions on their research and how capable they are....these are what i expect of prospective students.

Location may not seriously matter if your intent is to study and focus.....if there are facilities and mobility around then....underwater you can succeed...
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thanks a billion sir. I appreciate
wip7:

Thanks for the prayer. GAU is a private University located in TRNC and as earlier stated by a respondent, its a standard university with modern facilities. You may check GAU recognition and accreditation on the university website..that will give you a deeper knowledge. I had a friend that recently graduated PhD there and employ with great salary as Assistant professor in Singapore. .....

.......Studying in Harvard may not mean you will be successful or not but the facilities couple with your personal devotion and creativity set you high.....and Vice versa.

If you are science based, check the web of the university or department you want to study, ensure they have the necessary machines, equipment and devices in your intended field, look for scientific publications of the scholars in that field and if you a satisfy go for it and you may even email some of the instructors and ask questions on their research and how capable they are....these are what i expect of prospective students.

Location may not seriously matter if your intent is to study and focus.....if there are facilities and mobility around then....underwater you can succeed...
I intend going for msc in computer engineering @ gau. Then still contemplating on wether to go for masters in info tech. @ emu..

Pls in terms of the tuition fees, accomodation and cost of living which is more affordable.
Re: North Cyprus by Brainpower365: 11:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
@wip7, Hello bro,i have been followin ur post and it has really help. I want to thank u for the great work.Please i need your help to guide me through my younger brother visa process.My younger got admission in EMU and we have paid the school fees and recieve comfirmation of payment.Today we made a "Appointment Request" at the site.So my question is what is the next step and how long will it take to recieve their request.Then i back dated of travel from the registration date hope there is no problem ? I also want to know if there is any visa application fees .Thanks alot and I am expecting your reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.