Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768518 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by KennieHorllarh(m): 11:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
I think i'd prefer CIU, followed by emu
Re: North Cyprus by KennieHorllarh(m): 1:01am On Feb 03, 2015
Hello everyone.
Am a prospective Cyprus International University (CIU) student for a masters degree, I was granted a Conditional acceptance letter (cal) against september 2014(fall), but due to some personal reasonable reasons (not financial) my sponsor asked me to defer my admission to sept 2015 Which I obliged, so another CAL was sent to me against february (spring) 2015 which is not d period i requested for.
The question now is: shuld I wait till march & then re-apply freshly for the sept semester or should I defer my feb admission to again to sept?

Also, I av a passion for music (am a Bassist). I do Music cos it feeds my soul & mayb put some doe in wallet... so I wanna ask hw d music climate in CIU & TRNC is, if it worth venturing to & investing in. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by micheal11226: 1:46am On Feb 03, 2015
hello guys i nid ur prayers, told is ma appointment. tryn to slip but cant....

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:45am On Feb 03, 2015
micheal11226:
hello guys i nid ur prayers, told is ma appointment. tryn to slip but cant....

Wish you success
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:52am On Feb 03, 2015
KennieHorllarh:
Hello everyone.
Am a prospective Cyprus International University (CIU) student for a masters degree, I was granted a Conditional acceptance letter (cal) against september 2014(fall), but due to some personal reasonable reasons (not financial) my sponsor asked me to defer my admission to sept 2015 Which I obliged, so another CAL was sent to me against february (spring) 2015 which is not d period i requested for.
The question now is: shuld I wait till march & then re-apply freshly for the sept semester or should I defer my feb admission to again to sept?

Also, I av a passion for music (am a Bassist). I do Music cos it feeds my soul & mayb put some doe in wallet... so I wanna ask hw d music climate in CIU & TRNC is, if it worth venturing to & investing in. Thanks

You can do anyone you wish, kindly email the university to know which is better but deferment makes the work easier though.

Are you going to do Turkish Music? if yes you may have some fun but if other music then it will be just for fun and improvement. TRNC is not USA or UK, is just a small Island where most foreigners only come here to study, the citizens are lazy and eat a lot and after sometimes you will become lazy also and hardly do they listen to foreign music unless top artiste or via TV or radio stations. But who knows, your style of music might pull some strings..Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2015
EMU APPLICANTS

Intake for spring term will be over today. The last confirmation list will be sent on 6 Feb. and any application or payment after these dates shall be consider for 2015-16 Fall term.
Re: North Cyprus by Gregport: 11:24am On Feb 03, 2015
wip7:

I think emirate guys are not having such issues, also, you can buy return and get the refund asap on arrival via Turkish airline if purchased via their center. I have done that in most times for those traveling from Nigeria. Safe trip and Happy new month!
Hello mr Wip, please can you connect me with the guys you said traveled two days ago especially the one that traveled with Turkish airline. I need to know if he encountered any problems at all during boarding and how he was able to board. The agency i want to book through(Travelstart) told me just now that if am not allowed to board, my ticket won't be refunded. i also tried booking round trip and they told me that i can't be refunded the unused return ticket because what i want to buy is the cheapest ticket.
please Wip help me with this or better still ask the guy about that and update me. I want to go for what i can afford. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
Gregport:
Hello mr Wip, please can you connect me with the guys you said traveled two days ago especially the one that traveled with Turkish airline. I need to know if he encountered any problems at all during boarding and how he was able to board. The agency i want to book through(Travelstart) told me just now that if am not allowed to board, my ticket won't be refunded. i also tried booking round trip and they told me that i can't be refunded the unused return ticket because what i want to buy is the cheapest ticket.
please Wip help me with this or better still ask the guy about that and update me. I want to go for what i can afford. Thanks

I dont know the student in person, my duty is just to compile students that arrive based on their flight details sent and those approve at TRNC airport so the university can know how many arrived and how many registered.

I can help you get refund on arrival but very risky, so i advise you follow your agent ways.

Pls i dont sell tickets but I have access to get refund (100% assure)

If i must help you consider the following conditions:

1. You have to pay the money to me (exact amount you found on the TURKISH airline website) : I may run away with your money ( very risky...so think well), although such money is not what i live on..so think and ask your religious leader to see the vision before you embark on this.

2. On Arrival walk straight to my office and pick your refund.

3. I can only give you my email address or you write here on this thread but i will not entertain chats(Whatsapp or viber) or call but i can call you from my official phone before you depart.

4. If you dont fly with the ticket: you will receive 100% refund as well.

5. I dont like to meet people so i may not entertain too much talk apart from refunding you.

6. This is not by force ooo or do or die....You may also check stores within Nigeria that may offer similar help to you.

Pls this is just assistance i want to offer for this applicant due to his pocket size....I only do this to help, so i may not reply others for such offer. Thanks... Safe trip and good luck!

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Gregport: 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
wip7:

I dont know the student in person, my duty is just to compile students that arrive based on their flight details sent and those approve at TRNC airport so the university can know how many arrived and how many registered.

I can help you get refund on arrival but very risky, so i advise you follow your agent ways.

Pls i dont sell tickets but I have access to get refund (100% assure)

If i must help you consider the following conditions:

1. You have to pay the money to me (exact amount you found on the TURKISH airline website) : I may run away with your money ( very risky...so think well), although such money is not what i live on..so think and ask your religious leader to see the vision before you embark on this.

2. On Arrival walk straight to my office and pick your refund.

3. I can only give you my email address or you write here on this thread but i will not entertain chats(Whatsapp or viber) or call but i can call you from my official phone before you depart.

4. If you dont fly with the ticket: you will receive 100% refund as well.

5. I dont like to meet people so i may not entertain too much talk apart from refunding you.

6. This is not by force ooo or do or die....You may also check stores within Nigeria that may offer similar help to you.

Pls this is just assistance i want to offer for this applicant due to his pocket size....I only do this to help, so i may not reply others for such offer. Thanks... Safe trip and good luck!

Thanks for your kindness to assist. Can you also get the refund on KLM Airways? because that is the cheapest round trip i got today which i was also told is not refundable. Can you really do that please?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2015
Gregport:
Thanks for your kindness to assist. Can you also get the refund on KLM Airways? because that is the cheapest round trip i got today which i was also told is not refundable. Can you really do that please?

NO..only Turkish airline. Reason is that we had cooperation with them for our summer students sometime back and during that period I was able to drive in over 200 European and Chinese students down to TRNC. Therefore, I was assigned to one of their reps that can follow up on that.
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2015
Its Ur choice
KennieHorllarh:
I think i'd prefer CIU, followed by emu
but considering a lot of factors EMU ranks highest in that region.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Gregport: 4:08pm On Feb 03, 2015
wip7:

NO..only Turkish airline. Reason is that we had cooperation with them for our summer students sometime back and during that period I was able to drive in over 200 European and Chinese students down to TRNC. Therefore, I was assigned to one of their reps that can follow up on that.
Thanks a lot. My next option is to book one way because that is what i can afford currently. I just wish if anyone in the house that has used one way ticket currently can just tell me how he/she went about it at the airport. Thanks once more.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by miracleanyigbo: 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2015
@mr wip7 please sir i wanna know the necessary things to bring when coming for registration am so confused ,cause the embassy collected all my documents
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 04, 2015
@wip7.....Please I sent you an email since yesterday.... please kindly check and reply soon.

Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:43am On Feb 04, 2015
miracleanyigbo:
@mr wip7 please sir i wanna know the necessary things to bring when coming for registration am so confused ,cause the embassy collected all my documents

What you need to bring along is stated on your acceptance letter, kindly check again. Most importantly, try to bring photo passport from Nigeria cos it will cost you around 2000-3000Naira to snap just 6 pics here which may be less than 500N there in Nigeria. You will need about 20 photo passports cos you will need it in most places even at police stations.

1. Original olevel results 2. Acceptance letter 3 Intl passport 4 photo are major things that are requested from undergraduate applicants for registration.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:46am On Feb 04, 2015
easytalkwitbabs:
@wip7.....Please I sent you an email since yesterday.... please kindly check and reply soon.

Thanks.

What was the content of the mail? I receive over 100 mails daily, so mostly reply those that needs reply and delete others. You may resend or write here. Thanks for understanding!
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 04, 2015
wip7:

What was the content of the mail? I receive over 100 mails daily, so mostly reply those that needs reply and delete others. You may resend or write here. Thanks for understanding!

This is the message sir:

"Hello there,
Please, I saw ur contact on naira land and you said
application is now
open for fall 2015 in METU.
Please I wish to apply for BIOLOGY or AEROSPACE
ENGINEERING.
NOTE: I have only NECO result and I have been out of
school
since 2006.
Please kindly let me know what next to do and
documents I
need to submit.
Thanks for your time and God bless!"
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:31am On Feb 04, 2015
easytalkwitbabs:

Please I wish to apply for BIOLOGY or AEROSPACE
ENGINEERING. NOTE: I have only NECO result and I have been out of
school since 2006. Thanks for your time and God bless!"

Thanks. These are METU conditions:

1. METU does not recognize NECO and if you must present it as i have convinced them twice before, then You must have good grades (A, A, B, B etc)

2. You must pay tuition fees within just one week including accommodation which ranges 4500-5500USD

3. If you are above 25yrs, you must support with verifiable documents why you have finished high school since 2006 and wanting to start undergrad in 2015.

If you meet these, then send me the full documents and details.
Re: North Cyprus by emmanuel90(m): 11:02am On Feb 04, 2015
Well,No Offense to anyone but If there is One thing I know, It that North Cyprus degrees aint Globally Valued.....your degree will be recognized in Turkey anyway...You cant even get a direct flight there unlike SC..So be careful buh if your still cool with that,then wish you luck
Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 11:05am On Feb 04, 2015
hello @wip7 when will applications for Fall 2015 start
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:55am On Feb 04, 2015
awe2015:
hello @wip7 when will applications for Fall 2015 start

Check our website regularly for updates for EMU. For METU application has started
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
emmanuel90:
Well,No Offense to anyone but If there is One thing I know, It that North Cyprus degrees aint Globally Valued.....your degree will be recognized in Turkey anyway...You cant even get a direct flight there unlike SC..So be careful buh if your still cool with that,then wish you luck

How do you know that the diploma is not recognized? You have not studied abroad before neither have you traveled to NC nor SC for academic purpose. Political recognition is different from academic recognition. Taiwan is not recognized politically (only 21 UN member states recognized Taiwan) like NC but they have some of the best academic journals in the world and great products used worldwide like HTC mobile....

Since graduates from TRNC are found working in Asia, Middle East, UK, Canada, US and Europe..then what global recognition do you need again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by emmanuel90(m): 1:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
wip7:

How do you know that the diploma is not recognized? You have not studied abroad before neither have you traveled to NC nor SC for academic purpose. Political recognition is different from academic recognition. Taiwan is not recognized politically (only 21 UN member states recognized Taiwan) like NC but they have some of the best academic journals in the world and great products used worldwide like HTC mobile....

Since graduates from TRNC are found working in Asia, Middle East, UK, Canada, US and Europe..then what global recognition do you need again?

Like i said before,i didnt mean to offend anyone..
Im just on the defensive...Even i seek for a good Uni where i can study...Just that the feedbacks i got when i researched on Universities in NC weren't positive.
Like it was said in a newspaper that CIU was operating illegally...
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
Happy new month Dr. Wip and I greatly appreciate your contribution to this thread, it has helped a lot of people here.

A little issue is of concern to me is that you mentioned that those coming shld book flights around feb ending/ march beginning, I booked mine 22nd and I should be in cyprus 23rd, xo I really want to know when exactly the dorm will open because, I didn't really create room for staying hotels, etc.

Secondly, I need to know if am on point with my departure/arrival date or shld I postpone, as I was informed that EMU will finish their registration by 29th of this month.

Thank you in anticipation of your response and more powers to your elbow!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
emmanuel90:

Like i said before,i didnt mean to offend anyone..
Im just on the defensive...Even i seek for a good Uni where i can study...Just that the feedbacks i got when i researched on Universities in NC weren't positive.
Like it was said in a newspaper that CIU was operating illegally...

Thanks a lot, I just learnt how you feel now. Anyway, I have been to both SC and TRNC and in most times I visit SC and I know about the university structures. In fact I bought my car from SC cos is cheaper compared with cars from NC.

CIU is just one of the universities in TRNC and it may have its own problem but I must tell you when it comes to some analytical equipments CIU have these. How many universities in Nigeria or SC have SEM, XRD, XRF, GS machines? google CIU environmental department you will find list of these equipments and they run into millions of dollars to acquire such model they have. This means they support research and make them competitive.

Wish you luck!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
milesnorthman12:
Happy new month Dr. Wip and I greatly appreciate your contribution to this thread, it has helped a lot of people here.

A little issue is of concern to me is that you mentioned that those coming shld book flights around feb ending/ march beginning, I booked mine 22nd and I should be in cyprus 23rd, xo I really want to know when exactly the dorm will open because, I didn't really create room for staying hotels, etc.

Secondly, I need to know if am on point with my departure/arrival date or shld I postpone, as I was informed that EMU will finish their registration by 29th of this month.

Thank you in anticipation of your response and more powers to your elbow!

Your arrangement is okay. EMU dorms should be opened then but private dorms within EMU have different opening dates. But you will be accommodated into EMU dorm during these dates.

NOTE: registration for new students ends around March, only old students registrations end on 29th officially and those old students can still register even after 29th with daily penalty. Since you are new student...these dates or penalty will not affect you unless you arrive in April.
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2015
Okay, thank you so much boss

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by rose198201: 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hello wip.my brother sent his docs to you since last week wednesday regarding his admission.You told me admission is still on but I am surprised to hear you say admission has closed again.what do we do now?I want him to resume with the school this spring.Also is there any other university which you can help him to be admitted for this spring semester?
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
rose198201:
Hello wip.my brother sent his docs to you since last week wednesday regarding his admission.You told me admission is still on but I am surprised to hear you say admission has closed again.what do we do now?I want him to resume with the school this spring.Also is there any other university which you can help him to be admitted for this spring semester?

Mr wip posted on the third (Tuesday) that registration had closed that day.
by wip7: 8:54am On Feb 03
EMU APPLICANTS

Intake for spring term will be over today. The last confirmation list will be sent on 6 Feb. and any application or payment after these dates shall be consider for 2015-16 Fall term.
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
Who is this ignorant fellow. . .
emmanuel90:
where re u from.? (The bush in bayelsa main market or from sambisa forest)
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
@emma..Its a pity that up till now u can't use the internet properly....... See ur statements *"CIU was operating illegally". Key word to note u re dumb. Was Operating illegally. *"Like it was said in the Newspaper". Didn't u check the date. And didn't u check what led to the issue or the reason y all thos post form various medias. (Is it every shit, cock and bull story u see online u believe?) Are u the accreditation consultant in that region.? Always get facts from ur research. Wen u research amiss u will neva get a positive result. Do a proper research on whta u want where u want to go and stop wasting ur time ignorantly in the dark.
Re: North Cyprus by emmanuel90(m): 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
Amosiye:
Who is this ignorant fellow. . . where re u from.? (The bush in bayelsa main market or from sambisa forest)
undecided
But did you read WIP7's reply to my statement?...
Well im sure you did....So i leave you to judge yourself...

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.