Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (771440 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
awe2015:
Sir wip7 i just got this message...

Dear ******,

I would like to inform you, that your application to European University Cyprus for the Fall Semester that starts on 28th of September 2015 has been successful.

Your Acceptance Letter will be issued beginning April, please proceed to settling the Admissions application fee (52 Euro) in order to receive it.

Payments can be settled either by a bank transfer or through online.

WHAT DO YOU ADVICE ME TO DO NEXT?

If you can afford the tuition fees, then Kindly pay the application fees. The university is in South Cyprus. After paying full fees and your visa approved, you must also have cash of 2000euro with you on arrival as a rule in South Cyprus. If not you will be taken back! Good luck!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
adexpredator:
Thank you mr wip,just arrive EMU yesterday,Am stuck btw registering for computer engineering (msc) or changing to information technology (msc), due to the course content and praticals,please any advice will be appreciated thanks

Info-tech is non-thesis based why computer eng is thesis based and will warrant you to undertake some research.....your bachelor discipline can help..and you may decide to diversify.
Re: North Cyprus by adexpredator: 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
wip7:

Info-tech is non-thesis based why computer eng is thesis based and will warrant you to undertake some research.....your bachelor discipline can help..and you may decide to diversify.
my bachelor degree is in computer science and the computer engineering is non-thesis option but i just felt like information technology has more current technologies
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
adexpredator:
my bachelor degree is in computer science and the computer engineering is non-thesis option but i just felt like information technology has more current technologies

Ok cool....pick the Info-Tech...It has nice courses!
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
Dr. Wip its with great displeasure/disappointment that I am writing this....I have been in Abuja for over a week repeatedly going to that embassy to solve the incredible mistake that was done in sending that list, as you know the list has a wrong middle name, no passport number, date of birth or even application number. Its been a terrible experience and up till now no positive reply or answer has been given by either the Int'l office or the coordinator. My aunt who happens to be my sponsor is not only frustrated bt has already began to demand for her money if by this wednesday there isn't any positive response!! Am awe struck that a school of such magnitude will make such ridiculous mistake and lectures are commencing next week. What happens when probably I don't make it, what other solutions have been put in place to rectify such futuristic problem. Please kindly let your colleagues know they are toying with someone's future as this no more a child's play!!
Once again thank you sir for all the assistance you have rendered on this matter
God speed
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
milesnorthman12:
Dr. Wip its with great displeasure/disappointment that I am writing this....I have been in Abuja for over a week repeatedly going to that embassy to solve the incredible mistake that was done in sending that list, as you know the list has a wrong middle name, no passport number, date of birth or even application number. Its been a terrible experience and up till now no positive reply or answer has been given by either the Int'l office or the coordinator. My aunt who happens to be my sponsor is not only frustrated bt has already began to demand for her money if by this wednesday there isn't any positive response!! Am awe struck that a school of such magnitude will make such ridiculous mistake and lectures are commencing next week. What happens when probably I don't make it, what other solutions have been put in place to rectify such futuristic problem. Please kindly let your colleagues know they are toying with someone's future as this no more a child's play!!
Once again thank you sir for all the assistance you have rendered on this matter
God speed

Good day sir,

It also saddens me anytime I learnt that students go through these stuffs...unfortunately there are things that are beyond the university capacity. The university mostly do not interfere in embassy duties/work while the embassy wont have such power to interfere in universities affair.

Kindly note: your correct details have been sent same day to embassy as soon as you pointed to the middle name so there is no fault at the university side and also I made it clear that the University do send more than just names to embassy. Copies of all credentials you sent during application are also sent to embassy and other payment details. The embassy cross check these details and documents before making decision.

Nairaland is just a forum and is not the social network of the university to be precise. I only took it upon myself without been asked, paid or begged to attend to students here. What I do here is a voluntary services to assist students.

I have a lot on my hand to deal with and am sorry am a very busy person. Your agent is Blessing Oranekwu Kindly contact her by phone and call those people I asked you to call once again. They will be glad to assist you further. In fact, I spoke just over the weekend with the coordinator dealing with names to embassy and he confirmed as well your complete and correct details have been sent to embassy.

Warwick is a flexible system as UK program runs on modules not like American system. So you can meet any module as soon as you arrive cos the system of WARWICK differs from EMU.

Once again contact those people both via email and phone and especially your agent. I will speak with the coordinator again by God grace tmr......but I assure you all details sent to embassy......let see what the embassy turn out to do soon.

The paths to success sometimes are filled with spinose teeth....It will be okay sir!
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hmmm, thank you Dr. Wip for you honest prompt response and I apologize if any statement made here is outrageous, its just that its very frustrating.

Atleast there is hope since truly UK system of education differ from the Americans.

I will keep trying, whatever it takes.
Thank you once again for your kind words
God speed.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
milesnorthman12:
Hmmm, thank you Dr. Wip for you honest prompt response and I apologize if any statement made here is outrageous, its just that its very frustrating.

Atleast there is hope since truly UK system of education differ from the Americans.

I will keep trying, whatever it takes.
Thank you once again for your kind words
God speed.

Thanks a lot..dont give up cos thats when you will win...let hope for the best...will update also as soon as i get more details!
Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 5:17am On Mar 10, 2015
wip7:

If you can afford the tuition fees, then Kindly pay the application fees. The university is in South Cyprus. After paying full fees and your visa approved, you must also have cash of 2000euro with you on arrival as a rule in South Cyprus. If not you will be taken back! Good luck!

Jesu! Mba ooo... thanks for this information sir. I won't go for it. However, I would like to remind you of my METU application...
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 5:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
Dr. Wip any update on whether if the amended details has been sent to visa section of the embassy, so that I may know if I could return tomorrow.
Please Sir, a copy will be appreciated.
God speed sir.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
milesnorthman12:
Dr. Wip any update on whether if the amended details has been sent to visa section of the embassy, so that I may know if I could return tomorrow.
God speed sir.

Good day,

Pls take note, there is nothing like amended details as per your case for now. Please kindly and carefully read my earlier messages well. Correct details/documents were sent same day. You mentioned incorrect middle and reconfirmed with the unit and correct details sent weeks back.

Document given to prospective students is just the confirmation letter while any other documents are official and goes to official offices via official channel. I dont have copy and am not charge of sending details to embassy.

The update I have on my side is that all details/names have been sent to embassy weeks... I reconfirmed again today on your behalf. I advise you contact your agent (Blessing) and the WARWICK course coordinator (contact details I posted here earlier) as well. They will be in the best position in this regard and they can tell you in advance aspa your next move.

Good luck!
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
milesnorthman12:
God speed sir.
You keep asking the same question.
Have you contacted / telephoned the people that mrwip7 told you to today?
What did they say?

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Oh definitely and am told that the amended list is at the embassy, however I requested for a copy of this list to be affirmative and to have a solid proof when going back to the embassy but was declined this request on the grounds of the confidentiality of the list.

And kindly note that my insistence on a copy of the list was what led to the discovery of a terrible mistake made, so I don't think am asking or repeating the same thing in confirming if the amended list has been sent as well as a copy sent to me as well..
I believe that answers your question Mr. Worry.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 12:11am On Mar 11, 2015
Okay thank you sir, I will get back to the embassy today and check to confirm. Hopefully there should be good news!!
Thank you very much and I beg your pardon for any unnecessary disturbances.
God speed
Re: North Cyprus by Olabasky(m): 12:36am On Mar 11, 2015
awe2015:
Sir wip7,

I have just applied for EMU falls 2015 and spring 2016, respectively... do i need to make any application fee to them or should i just wait until i receive my admission letter? Please clarify me... cheesy

Please how did you go about the online application?
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 2:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Dr. Wip and Mr Worry esp Mr. Worry cuz it seems u got urs quite easily... Anyways I went today and am told its the same list that was sent as of even last week sef, despite the fact I had to show the confirmation letter but still it was the xame story.

To be honest in all, am grateful to Mr. Wip for ur help and don't stop, however am a man who works with time and appointment and not only my time is wasted but also maybe just maybe my money too might be going down the drain.

Its bin an honor to be part of this forum, but am done fighting and looking stupid infront of pple who re incredibly selfish. I believe I have been kindly patient and understanding.
It is well.
God speed
Re: North Cyprus by KennieHorllarh(m): 9:19am On Mar 12, 2015
Please when can I start applying for my CIU admission for september 2015, having in mind that they Just concluded the February admission procedure, is it too early to apply now? thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
Who's going with me 2day. . . . Turkish aln 10:30pm
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2015
Amosiye:
Who's going with me 2day. . . . Turkish aln 10:30pm

Journey safe!! Classes have started!

smiley

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Olabasky(m): 10:09am On Mar 13, 2015
Mr wip, Please just want to know if they accept third class for a Masters degree.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2015
Olabasky:
Mr wip, Please just want to know if they accept third class for a Masters degree.

EMU and METU wont accept 3rd class. May be others will accept and i think CIU does ....just email them to ask.
Re: North Cyprus by Olabasky(m): 10:05am On Mar 16, 2015
wip7:

EMU and METU wont accept 3rd class. May be others will accept and i think CIU does ....just email them to ask.

Thank you very much.
Re: North Cyprus by Aicez(m): 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
wip7:

Since you are in EMU now, your transcript can help you if you have good grades!
OK thanks a lot
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 5:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
Life and direct in girne

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
Any one coming to north Cyprus don't make the mistake of not bringing naija food items. Its very very important

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by adegbitetunji(m): 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2015
Amosiye:
Any one coming to north Cyprus don't make the mistake of not bringing naija food items. Its very very important

Chief; did u see your name on the list @ the embassy?
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 9:04pm On Mar 17, 2015
State ur reasons Amosiye or throw more light my man!!
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 7:12am On Mar 18, 2015
adegbitetunji:

Chief; did u see your name on the list @ the embassy?
yes boss, i did.....................................................................
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 7:25am On Mar 18, 2015
milesnorthman12:
State ur reasons Amosiye or throw more light my man!!
nuffin like naija food.... bring egusi, ogbono, cray fish, if possible yam, u can bring things like powdered milk bonvita etc. then make sure u get the maximum weight of ur luggage. then d no. if possible load food items in one, then clothes in the others, then make sure ur hand luggage is bulky. Bring all u can bring, don,t bother about too much clother just get the required ones for the season. u can always get somme cheap good clothes to buy here. leather jacket is like 50 turkish lira. which is about 4k naira.

wen you arrive in be ready to eat khebab,

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2015
Lolz....no problemo boss
Lemme sort out my wahala of this name thing.
Thnx sha
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 7:23pm On Mar 18, 2015
milesnorthman12:
Lolz....no problemo boss
Lemme sort out my wahala of this name thing.
Thnx sha
dont worry God will do it for u and u shall smile

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.