Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770412 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Itstyme(m): 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
wip7:

Yeah the procedures for Republic of Cyprus Migration have changed dramatically as from the previous semester and there is no need for student interviews any more, which means provided all the documents submitted to the College/University are genuine, correctly attested and submitted on time, the visa is almost guaranteed but not 100% ooooooooooooooooo

Note: Many parameters will be checked to ensure you are financially sound and don't have ulterior motives during the visa assessment.

Was told all required to show for proof of funds is a bank statement with a minimum balance of £7000. I am optimistic and thanks for your words of encouragement. I best believe things will fall in place.
Re: North Cyprus by abeeolars: 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hi Guys, please I need a little help here. I have visited the turkish embassy website (Abuja) for a Transit Visa Application form. Into North Cyprus. I can't seem to find any visa form. How do I proceed? Thanks

adegbitetunji:

Chief; did u see your name on the list @ the embassy?
Re: North Cyprus by abeeolars: 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
@wip7 please I urgently need info on how to get the Transit Visa Application from into North Cyprus. Thanks

Itstyme:

Was told all required to show for proof of funds is a bank statement with a minimum balance of £7000. I am optimistic and thanks for your words of encouragement. I best believe things will fall in place.
Re: North Cyprus by abeeolars: 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2015
Big congrats Man. I am trying to get info on how I can get the Transit Visa on the turkish website, I am also applying to EMU. The only info on their site is an E-Visa option. How did you get your own Visa form? Thanks

milesnorthman12:
May I contribute even though it was one hell of battle, I have been given visa as of yesterday, all thanks to so much effort from the coordinator and Dr. Wip....should be in EMU on sunday afternoon.

Wip boss, my apologies if I lashed at U in anger, cuz so much has been spent just moving from lagos to abuja and back, plus thank God I escaped frm a fatal accident but with a leg injury.

I will b glad to see u in person, need to discuss a thing or two...God bless ya'all
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
abeeolars:
@wip7 please I urgently need info on how to get the Transit Visa Application from into North Cyprus. Thanks

Attached link and direction...

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by abeeolars: 5:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
Thanks Wip7

wip7:

Attached link and direction...
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 5:31am On Apr 29, 2015
Indonesia has finally executed the drug convicts on the notorious Nusakambangan island prison, including the four Nigerians.

Nigerians abroad with criminal intent must know that not all nations are lawless. If you use your hands to carry drugs enter some countries especially in Asia, e mean sey you don sign your death warrant be that. If you are overseas and you are into crime and you are reading this post because you have not been jailed or sentenced to death, I will advise you to stop the crime now and do something legal to survive even if it means frying akara in Taiwan or cyprus. Yes, sell the akara to fellow Nigerians if Taiwanese or Cypriot people no fit chop am, Nigerians will buy it. No go carry drugs o . For my dear brothers and sisters in foreign nations who are almost into crime to survive, I beg you o, if to chop for dia no easy, please go back home and restart there. Let those who will laugh at you laugh, it is better than for you and your family to be ridiculed before the world and killed like a lizard wey no get local government. If abroad no match your genotype, go back home. Patapata you go sha see garri join with kulikuli with Ayefele song in the background. Afterall, all the Nigerian billionaires made their money here in Nigeria and they live here, from Dangote to Otedola to Adenuga so wetin you dey find to dey carry drugs for Vietnam? On top how mush? N300,000 max. If abroad no agree with your spirit, please deport yourself , Shun crime and protect your dignity. Talk to people, seek advice and ignore bad friends. If someone says they have a shady business that will bring you millions, let them do it themselves. Do not waste yourself, we have all suffered too much not to enjoy the new Nigeria. Nigeria will be great.

Credit

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by munky(m): 7:11am On Apr 29, 2015
wip, there are rumours that universities in TRNC are not legal please what do you have to say about this. have read the arguments from both sides and am not convinced. as an alumni of one of these universities, what are your experiences with certificates from university in TRNC.

thanks..
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 7:28am On Apr 29, 2015
munky:
wip, there are rumours that universities in TRNC are not legal please what do you have to say about this. have read the arguments from both sides and am not convinced. as an alumni of one of these universities, what are your experiences with certificates from university in TRNC.

thanks..

Lol, debunk such rumours. EMU for instance is ranked among top 5% schools of the world and holds affiliations with some schools worldwide. Warwick for example. Also, the best professors and lecturers from countries all over the world.
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 7:32am On Apr 29, 2015
@ Wip7

Long time...how are you getting on?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:34am On Apr 29, 2015
munky:

thanks..

What was/is the reason/s given regarding the illegality of the Universities in TRNC??......if the reason is based on "stolen land"...then, logically all the occupant of land in TRNC including USA embassy, Germany embassy, British embassy, Italian embassy, Denmark embassy and the citizens are ILLEGAL.

My colleague from Cameroon was just issued 2years multiple entry visa to USA (2weeks ago) from US embassy in TRNC and she will be part of research team of a university in Tennessee for 6 months. She left already and she was not returned on arrival in USA that her academic qualification or visa is ILLEGAL.

For me.......am always smiling to the BANKSSSSSSS academically and financially....and if that is what is called ILLEGAL then......I love that!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:41am On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:
@ Wip7

Long time...how are you getting on?

Boss Justwise

Longest time sir....am sure you guys are just busy making huge money and enjoying in the UK.....pls dont forget me in TRNC ooooo....Am fine and doing quite good. I am more friendly with the Chinese and Asian these days....thats why have not been visiting the almighty England. How your work sir and life in general?

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 10:02am On Apr 29, 2015
wip7:

What was/is the reason/s given regarding the illegality of the Universities in TRNC??......if the reason is based on "stolen land"...then, logically all the occupant of land in TRNC including USA embassy, Germany embassy, British embassy, Italian embassy, Denmark embassy and the citizens are ILLEGAL.

My colleague from Cameroon was just issued 2years multiple entry visa to USA (2weeks ago) from US embassy in TRNC and she will be part of research team of a university in Tennessee for 6 months. She left already and she was not returned on arrival in USA that her academic qualification or visa is ILLEGAL.

For me.......am always smiling to the BANKSSSSSSS academically and financially....and if that is what is called ILLEGAL then......I love that!

Couldn't have said it any better, sir! grin

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 10:20am On Apr 29, 2015
wip7:

Boss Justwise

Longest time sir....am sure you guys are just busy making huge money and enjoying in the UK.....pls dont forget me in TRNC ooooo....Am fine and doing quite good. I am more friendly with the Chinese and Asian these days....thats why have not been visiting the almighty England. How your work sir and life in general?

grin grin grin you are been clever right? Just to cut me from asking you for pocket money abi? I take that as a visionary prayer...that pretty soon i will start making the money and enjoying the UK.... yea everybody is getting friendly with Chinese these days because they got the cash...i'm going to reconnect with all my former Chinese course mates today grin grin

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:

grin grin grin you are been clever right? Just to cut me from asking you for pocket money abi? I take that as a visionary prayer...that pretty soon i will start making the money and enjoying the UK.... yea everybody is getting friendly with Chinese these days because they got the cash...i'm going to reconnect with all my former Chinese course mates today grin grin

Yes boss...attack is best form of defence!!! grin grin grin grin, your boy is loyal....Try hok back with your Chinese oldies...the power is in their hand at this period. I will be coming in summer to enjoy una England .....before Cyprus sun burn me finish!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
Eureka123:

Couldn't have said it any better, sir! grin

Yes ooo...are u travelin for summer? for me, am begging them 30 days Vacay oooo! Best wishes in ur exam and how many down now prof?

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
wip7:

Yes boss...attack is best form of defence!!! grin grin grin grin, your boy is loyal....Try hok back with your Chinese oldies...the power is in their hand at this period. I will be coming in summer to enjoy una England .....before Cyprus sun burn me finish!

Studied and shared a flat with some of them, they never worked part time as I as doing then because they were loaded. Was intouch with some till 4 years ago, couldn't find them on my fb friends list anymore.

Many of us here will swap places with u now...you got very nice weather....not sure of summer here this year
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:

Studied and shared a flat with some of them, they never worked part time as I as doing then because they were loaded. Was intouch with some till 4 years ago, couldn't find them on my fb friends list anymore.

Many of us here will swap places with u now...you got very nice weather....not sure of summer here this year

hmmmmm yeah I have nice weather now but am also not sure for summer here....Anyway! I will come and eat una food before I return to our Stolen Island!
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
wip7:

Yes ooo...are u travelin for summer? for me, am begging them 30 days Vacay oooo! Best wishes in ur exam and how many down now prof?

Lol. I'm staying right here for summer. Make them free you small nau. Thank you so much. Three more papers to go. smiley

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by munky(m): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
wip7:

thanks for your response. i tried applying for a phd at EMU via online application and after registering they said i should verify my account via an email but till today no email has been sent to me. do you know any other way to apply??
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
munky:

thanks for your response. i tried applying for a phd at EMU via online application and after registering they said i should verify my account via an email but till today no email has been sent to me. do you know any other way to apply??

Its supposed to be automatic and may be the mail was sent to your Junk box....you may try another email address and if not send me your complete application materials. I will apply for you.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by munky(m): 6:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
wip7:

Its supposed to be automatic and may be the mail was sent to your Junk box....you may try another email address and if not send me your complete application materials. I will apply for you.

i already tried another email address. i will try again today if it doesnt work i will mail you documents. please give me a list of what they require. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hello.

I have a younger brother that just obtained his SSCE certificate and would love to study in Northern Cyprus.

Can you please suggest or recommend a list of universities that he can start applying to?

A place that is filled with English speaking Nigerians (He's very intimidated by white people lol)

And also, can I please get an estimated price of the school fees? And if he can pay it off by working per time?

Thanks and God bless.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
Mirexxx have you seen this thread??

It might be helpful.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
HotAsIce:
Hello.

I have a younger brother that just obtained his SSCE certificate and would love to study in Northern Cyprus.

Can you please suggest or recommend a list of universities that he can start applying to?

There are almost eleven Universities in North Cyprus and google will really help here....

HotAsIce:
A place that is filled with English speaking Nigerians (He's very intimidated by white people lol)

hmmmm but most of the Nigerians here are also white and few speak English. He might have to learn to cohabitate cool cool

HotAsIce:
And also, can I please get an estimated price of the school fees? And if he can pay it off by working per time?
Thanks and God bless.

North Cyprus is for studies, all applicants must have full fees for the whole year of studies before coming over cos Jobs are scarce and if managed to secure one..can only pay for cheese and drinks! Some students are working though... embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by chriskate(m): 10:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
TRNC!!!
It's a place to be and a place to talk about.
I am writing this piece not because I want to discourage someone but because I want to get a message across to someone.
On my arrival at Ecan (Ejan as pronounced) at about 11pm in Feb. I was greeted with a chilly cold wind with smoke oozing out from cigaret sticks that contribute to global warming. I was excited about starting my M.Sc in Europe.
I thank one individual here (Wip7) his information was helpful except that he and others refused to explained to Nigerians that you are coming here to study not to search for Las Vegas skyscrapers.
On my arrival the first question a Nigerian will put across to you is "what came into your mind when you left the airport"?
students from EMU or schools located at outside Lefkosa will give better answer.
Though I did my online research on facebook and here of course. But will not say I was deceived because I came to study. And to be honest i was not impressed with what I saw. If Nigerian Universities were better I see no point coming to the Island.
Many young Nigerians have left the Island, some are about to, while some are living with bitterness of.....(not necessary).
Please before you waste Nigerian money here, ask people to send you real pictures not choice locations.
My consolation came when I realized that I will not be paying t-fare to move around the city.
but.............................to be continued
Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 7:42am On May 02, 2015
Goodday guys
Please I need ur help(advise)
I need to send money to an account in cyprus (app fee and visa fee) from nigeria,
I was told to first open a gtb domiciliary account, and I went there and was told to get two persons with current account in gtb to stand for me, which is going to take long, so please is there any other way, university of nicosia is the school in question
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:19am On May 02, 2015
lovable85:
Goodday guys
I need to send money to an account in cyprus (app fee and visa fee) from nigeria,
I was told to first open a gtb domiciliary account, and I went there and was told to get two persons with current account in gtb to stand for me, which is going to take long, so please is there any other way, university of nicosia is the school in question

You may ask friends around that already have Dorm account to help with the transaction or visit Firstbank (I heard they can transfer from your naira...I dont know how true it is though)..also be aware that you will bear the on- and off-shore charges for the transaction. The amount you want to pay is quite small (141 euro), so you should prepare additional 30-50 euros as charges. If you still can't solve the issue state it....

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by Itstyme(m): 12:18pm On May 02, 2015
lovable85:
Goodday guys

Yes you will need a dormicilary account to be able to make transfers abroad. You may have to find a means of getting those guarantors as opening the account will be very useful to you in future as you will have to pay your tuition as well. Have you been admitted already at UNIC?
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 12:34pm On May 02, 2015
Itstyme:

Yes you will need a dormicilary account to be able to make transfers abroad. You may have to find a means of getting those guarantors as opening the account will be very useful to you in future as you will have to pay your tuition as well. Have you been admitted already at UNIC?

what you just stated is same thing the guy said just in a different way without any solution.....if you have a way out for him then tell him not quoting him again in a different way like he didnt understand what they(bank) said.

What he asked was if there is any other way out besides what the bank said...
Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 7:11pm On May 02, 2015
Yes I have, in general how is cyprus
Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 7:13pm On May 02, 2015
Yes I have been admitted, how is cyprus in general(south cyprus)?

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.