Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (771468 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 7:44am On Jun 29, 2016
@ jaybros how much is it that is stated in the admission letter. pls do u use the student copy of ur transcript for the admission because I will soon apply and am having the student copy.
Re: North Cyprus by Professor554: 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hello house,

I made a payment today using the form A in the bank. Please how long does it take to get telex copy after submission?
Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
@ prof. Which bank did u use? How much naira/ dollar rate were u charge cuz am also about to pay my fee.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
Professor554:
Hello house,

I made a payment today using the form A in the bank. Please how long does it take to get telex copy after submission?

The bank will tell you when the telex will be ready. Kindly ask your bank cos rate of processing of such form differs from one bank to another.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
Professor554:
Hello house,

you will know as soon as your account as been debited go to your bank to request the telex copy or you give an instruction for the telex copy to be sent to your e-mail.. Usually the banks does not know when but most cases that I have seen is 2weeks.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
Ayomide94:
@ prof. Which bank did u use? How much naira/ dollar rate were u charge cuz am also about to pay my fee.
it varies due to the open market policy but the current rate from three banks as of yesterday is N282.5 per dollar. The rate of FX depends on the availability of FX and the demand at that point in time. E.g if there is low availability of FX and there is high demand then expect the amount to rise above N282.5.
If there is enough FX and moderate demand then expect it to go below N282.5 per dollar.
Last two weeks it's was N199 per dollar , last week Monday it was N254 per dollar.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
*** Note
Admission for Fall semester which starts September has started.i'll advice prospective students to Near East University to start their application ASAP in order to get their acceptance letters early and avoid name not on list after visa interview. Their names would be on the first list sent to Turkish embassy in Lefkosia and Abuja.

you can forward scanned copies of your documents :
Undergraduate
(1) W.A.E.C or N.E.C.O result
(2) International passport data page

Graduate Studies
(1) Bsc Certificate
(2) Transcript
(3) W.A.E.C or N.E.C.O result
(4) International passport data page
(5) C.V

to godsong29@gmail.com and don't fail to mention your course of study.

All at no cost.. Totally free.
If you have any question concerning studying in North Cyprus
Re: North Cyprus by Allisonrichy(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
sherrify:
Istanbul is cheap and industrialized true, but if u are lukin at workin and scholin at the same time, man mi forget it,
even guys get turkish pasport but no get working permit,
Please can anyone give me a hint on how to apply for a cheap school in turkey I will like to run my masters over there
And how fast can I get a job
And how possible is it for an upcoming footballer to excel over there
Re: North Cyprus by Professor554: 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ayomide94:

Mine is UBA. and they way it is done now is not like before where you have the official rate. Now you bid. My bid was $1 to 285 naira at maximum. So if it sells for 283 they will sell it for me at the price but if it is above that 285, they will turn down my bid and i will need to start all over again. But what the bank told me is i can get my telex copy in 3-7days because the demand is low now as there is no money in the country like before. But my friends said it is not true that telex copy takes up to 1month that was why i asked here. And also i heard the route matters. Depends on the number of banks involved (intermediary-account with-beneficiary) while some is just "intermediary-beneficiary . Depends though, i am not a banker so i won't know much.
Re: North Cyprus by chriskate(m): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
I wonder why we would continue to deceive our people with all this 2 to 3 building universities.
What do you guys gain in bring people to this Universities, I feel ashamed for all this things.
Though this University are real, but their standards are below the money your are paying.
Master program in Sustainable Engineering meaning?
Guys lets be real to ourselves, I am a trained Architect and Civil Engineer will not see all this and keep quiet, I only advise people to attend EMU, NEU, CIU, GAU, Lefke and University of Kyrenia

wip7:
Admission for Nursing and engineering programs in English (2475euro per year) at the British University is opened

An undergraduate program in Aerospace and petroleum Engineering and Master program in Sustainable Engineering at METU for Fall 2016.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
Study Undergraduate program in Aerospace Engineering and Master in SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENT AND ENERGY SYSTEMS at METU

Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2016
Please can anyone brief me the documents need for undergraduate degree to authenticate and where in abuja to do that.
How much fee do they charge.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ayomide94:
Please can anyone brief me the documents need for undergraduate degree to authenticate and where in abuja to do that.
How much fee do they charge.
Authenticate your WAEC or NECO result . The original and one photocopy at the ministry of forign affairs and the ministry of Education Abuja . both are located in Abuja secretariat. Both will cost N2,000 if you do it yourself.
Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
Waooo grin thank you very much boss. I really appreciate.
Another question is can I book a date for results authentication and visa interview same day?. Cuz I will going from lagos, just to save cost.. is it possible?
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ayomide94:
Waooo grin thank you very much boss. I really appreciate.
Another question is can I book a date for results authentication and visa interview same day?. Cuz I will going from lagos, just to save cost.. is it possible?
no you can't.. It's advisable to authentic days or even weeks before your interview. if your original waec or neco certificate is not out , then you can give the pin to a family friend in Abuja to print and help you authenticate. When you go for your interview you collect it. Authentication could take a whole day.
Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ohhh thanks kiss
So what are the required documents to take along when going for the visa interview?
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ayomide94:
Ohhh thanks kiss
So what are the required documents to take along when going for the visa interview?
when you apply online .. You will get a check list of documents to take to the visa appointment such as bank statement.. Medical insurance etc.
Re: North Cyprus by onile1975: 7:45am On Jul 04, 2016
@GODSOG.@PROF AND W7.I NEED YOUR HELP..AM HAVING PROBLEM TO MAKE ONLINE APPOINTMENT FOR TURKEY VISA APPLICATION.I HAVE FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION TO STAGE FOUR BUT THE SYSTEM FALLED TO SUBMIT AND PROCEED TO APPOINTMENT SITE.PLS I NEED SOM1 TO GUIDE ME ABOUT HOW TO FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND BOOK ONLINE APPOINTMENT. I HAVE USE OPERA AND MOZILA TO BROWSE THERE SITE YET IS NOT SUBMITING AFTER STAGE FOUR..TANKS GOD BLESS
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 8:26am On Jul 04, 2016
onile1975:
Try turning cap locks off so that you are not shouting!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:08am On Jul 04, 2016
onile1975:
@godsog.@prof and wip7.

I need your help..am having problem to make online appointment for turkey visa application.i have fill the online application to stage four but the system falled to submit and proceed to appointment site.pls i need som1 to guide me about how to fill the online application and book online appointment. i have use opera and mozila to browse there site yet is not submiting after stage four..tanks God BLESS

The main reason might be due to the fact that you had missed inserting a mandatory information/tick during the stages. Hence, you will not proceed until you carefully check and answer all questions in each stage. It's not related to the web browser you used. Also, you cannot submit the pre-visa application at stage 4, you have to reach stage 5 after which you can book visa appointment. Seems you are filling the wrong form.

The pre-visa procedures are 5 stages. You must fill all questions marked with asterisks, if not you won't be able to make an appointment.

Attached are the steps and see the first one you must fill... I just filled the online form now...it took me 5 mins and ensure you have electronic copies of the REQUIRED documents in JPEG.

Don't rush, open your eyes and fill with ease. Those red marks are called asterisks.

Best wishes.

Re: North Cyprus by onile1975: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2016
@wip7 tanks for respond. ok kindly give me d process to follow frm beginnig..cos wen i fill travel histiory it fall to submit.das stage four
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:33am On Jul 04, 2016
onile1975:
@wip7 tanks for respond. ok kindly give me d process to follow frm beginnig..cos wen i fill travel histiory it fall to submit.das stage four

Click Pre-visa application. The first stage was attached to you in my last message which is the nationality and visa details. I will advise you fill the form using a computer, not a mobile phone. Follow the other steps as highlighted above. You can ONLY save and proceed at stage 4 but not submit. Go down more in stage 4, there are more questions including if you have been denied visa before, or you have criminal pasts, etc. Scroll DOWN
Re: North Cyprus by Dream2(m): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2016
@wip7 and to others who really have indepth knowledge about travelling,I know this is off-topic but please i need a an explanation on BTA fees/levies,is this fee legitimate?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:27am On Jul 04, 2016
Dream2:
@wip7 and to others who really have indepth knowledge about travelling,I know this is off-topic but please i need a an explanation on BTA fees/levies,is this fee legitimate?

If you are travelling to North Cyprus no specific BTA at Turkey or North Cyprus airports...If your destination is south Cyprus, you will need at least 1500 euro to show the immigration officials at the point of landing.

However, some of those corrupt cretins at Nigerian airports may request you to show some amount ...so show them whatever you have. Let them know you are a student and just have a fistful of cash that specifies you can take care of yourself during the first months or period in the island.

If your final destination is not Cyprus..you have to check the requirement of the concerned country.

Personally: I have visited over 67 countries, I have not been asked for once for BTA, most times they only ask if I have return tickets and when am returning to my country or residence.
Re: North Cyprus by Dream2(m): 11:35am On Jul 04, 2016
wip7:

If you are travelling to North Cyprus no specific BTA at Turkey or North Cyprus airports...If your destination is south Cyprus, you will need at least 1500 euro to show the immigration officials at the point of landing.

However, some of those corrupt cretins at Nigerian airports may request you to show some amount ...so show them whatever you have. Let them know you are a student and just have a fistful of cash that specifies you can take care of yourself during the first months or period in the island.

If your final destination is not Cyprus..you have to check the requirement of the concerned country.

Personally: I have visited over 67 countries, I have not been asked for once for BTA, most times they only ask if I have return tickets and when am returning to my country or residence.
Infact,thank you so much sir for taking your time to explain this,may the almighty Allah reward you handsomely.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by onile1975: 11:48am On Jul 04, 2016
@wip i reach that stage 4 the last question was who will pay my trip. there i click save and proceed after dat it ask me to wait.which i wait for long and no go
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
onile1975:
@wip i reach that stage 4 the last question was who will pay my trip. there i click save and proceed after dat it ask me to wait.which i wait for long and no go

Then you have internet issue probably cry cry. You can do that midnite or when the internet is fast in your country or area. DOnt rush! names have not been sent to embassy yet. So take your time!
Re: North Cyprus by onile1975: 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
@wip how long is it take the embasy to process tourist visa after intetview also how much in naira is visa fee.
Re: North Cyprus by onile1975: 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
@ Wip pls anoda tin is i hav mexico valid vlsa which i can use for turkey e visa but when i get to d question
dat ask type of document i picked visa.d next ask u.s or canada ot resident permit . mexico was not mention also notin like ORS country.can l pik u.s or canada since dey ar all in dsame continet

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.