Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (769435 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
onile1975:
@wip how long is it take the embasy to process tourist visa after intetview also how much in naira is visa fee.

The visa fees is stated on Turkish embassy kindly check it in Naira. Embassy is in charge of processing days, and you can make inquiries about that also by calling the embassy or email them.

onile1975:
@ Wip pls anoda tin is i hav mexico valid vlsa which i can use for turkey e visa but when i get to d question
dat ask type of document i picked visa.d next ask u.s or canada ot resident permit . mexico was not mention also notin like ORS country.can l pik u.s or canada since dey ar all in dsame continet

Am confused about your case. Are you applying for a student visa or tourist Visa? Kindly take note, the procedures I have given above is for applicants applying for student visa. If you want to apply for e-visa you have to use another weblink which specifies e-visa!

Turkish e-visa allowed travellers having Schengen, UK, USA and OECD countries valid visa or residence permit to be admitted into Turkey. However, visas from lots of the OECD countries like Mexico are easy to obtain, and many people have used that to gain entry into Turkey. So Turkey does not recognise visas from OECD again. So your Mexico visa won't allow you to enter Turkey.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 4:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
onile1975:
@ Wip pls anoda tin is i hav mexico valid vlsa which i can use for turkey e visa but when i get to d question
dat ask type of document i picked visa.d next ask u.s or canada ot resident permit . mexico was not mention also notin like ORS country.can l pik u.s or canada since dey ar all in dsame continet
Right now Turkish E-visa is only for schengen countries, USA , U.K or Ireland.
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
@ wip thank you for everything. please what do u mean by biometric photo and the document in number 2 and 4
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
Study Nursing program in English at the British University of Nicosia

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
taiwo92:
@ wip thank you for everything. please what do u mean by biometric photo and the document in number 2 and 4

Biometric photo: Digital photo that can be stuck electronically to your visa page. Just tell those photographers you need a biometric photo for visa purpose..nothing special and same fees.

2: Payment document for the fees like the bank telex

4: Your international passport
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
taiwo92:
to add to the previous response.. Turkish biometric photo is 5cm x 6cm white background.
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
thanks I got ur msg. please where can I get the insurance stuff, is there any designated insurance company.
Re: North Cyprus by Professor554: 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
@wip7 . Please between turkish and russian visa, which one is easier to get?? And also between the two countries which offers the best education??
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 2:15am On Jul 05, 2016
taiwo92:
thanks I got ur msg. please where can I get the insurance stuff, is there any designated insurance company.
you can use any insurance company in Nigeria. You just need one week insurance.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:49am On Jul 05, 2016
Professor554:
@wip7 . Please between turkish and russian visa, which one is easier to get?? And also between the two countries which offers the best education??

About visa: I can't point to which country visa is easier to get or not. What I do know is that visa issuance to a person depends on the applicant, purpose of trip and sometime pre-conceived information about the applicant nationality. Specifically, Turkish educational visa procedure is similar to any other visa types you apply in Turkish embassy while Russian educational visa works based on state approved invitation procedure.

About best school: in practical term, there is nothing like best school. You can talk about quality of education you will be receiving interms of facilities, status of the instructors, number of equipments, practical skills students gain during their studies, number of expert and field or concerted area of research and finance for research and research output etc. those are the metrics that are used to measure the quality and ranking of institutions. For instance if you wish to study anything related to nuclear engineering, Russia will be the most suitable country due to their expertise, facilities and technical knowledge in this field. Likewise if you prefer to study palm oil technology, you should choose Malaysia.
In summary, choose based on the above matrices. What you need is serene environment, institutions with facilities, modern and innovative research areas and highly qualified instructors be it young or old institutions.

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 7:45am On Jul 05, 2016
thank you @ wips. my uncle in Cyprus want to pay the tuition for me, should I tell him to send the telex or what will stand in since am not paying in Nigeria. and do u mean I have to upload all the required documents and bring it along when coming to embassy.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:50am On Jul 05, 2016
taiwo92:
thank you @ wips. my uncle in Cyprus want to pay the tuition for me, should I tell him to send the telex or what will stand in since am not paying in Nigeria. and do u mean I have to upload all the required documents and bring it along when coming to embassy.

Yes you should upload those documents. You can upload both telex and confirmation of payment that will be sent by the university after the money is received. Take copies to the embassy. If you make payment to the university, your details will be sent to embassy...so no worries!

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by Professor554: 10:34am On Jul 05, 2016
wip7:

About visa: I can't point to which country visa is easier to get or not. What I do know is that visa issuance to a person depends on the applicant, purpose of trip and sometime pre-conceived information about the applicant nationality. Specifically, Turkish educational visa procedure is similar to any other visa types you apply in Turkish embassy while Russian educational visa works based on state approved invitation procedure.

About best school: in practical term, there is nothing like best school. You can talk about quality of education you will be receiving interms of facilities, status of the instructors, number of equipments, practical skills students gain during their studies, number of expert and field or concerted area of research and finance for research and research output etc. those are the metrics that are used to measure the quality and ranking of institutions. For instance if you wish to study anything related to nuclear engineering, Russia will be the most suitable country due to their expertise, facilities and technical knowledge in this field. Likewise if you prefer to study palm oil technology, you should choose Malaysia.
In summary, choose based on the above matrices. What you need is serene environment, institutions with facilities, modern and innovative research areas and highly qualified instructors be it young or old institutions.

Best wishes!

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by onile1975: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2016
@WIP7 pls is possible to book appointment today and see date for tomorrow ot like wen can one see data?tankð
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
onile1975:
@WIP7 pls is possible to book appointment today and see date for tomorrow ot like wen can one see data?tankð

For appointment you have to choose your date depending on time of application. Meaning, after you have submitted the form, dates and time slots will appear and you can choose.
Re: North Cyprus by onile1975: 5:40am On Jul 06, 2016
@WIP tannks from ur experience like how many weeks is nomally btw departure date and appointment date dat will appear on d system i want to no this so that i can put travel date dat will b convenient for me.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 10:36am On Jul 06, 2016
Happy Eid Mubarak to our Muslim brothers and sisters from Near East University.

Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 11:39am On Jul 06, 2016
taiwo92:
am going there for MSc civil engineering. and I have the student copy of my transcript can I use it. secondly what is the minimum tuition fee I can pay before the school issue UCL to me.
Sorry for late reply, yes u can and its 1k dolls
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 11:41am On Jul 06, 2016
jaybros:
EMU has offered me the admission. But I was thinking initially that with about 1.7-2m naira I can cover all related expenses, what I'm seeing now is running upwards of 2.5m....advice please
For masters/undergraduate program? and what course?
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 11:46am On Jul 06, 2016
taiwo92:
Go to any IGI branch near u, search google for the nearest to u
Re: North Cyprus by onile1975: 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
PLS HOUSE from ur experience like how many weeks is nomally btw departure date and appointment date dat will appear on d system i want to no this so that i can put travel date dat will b convenient for me.
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
One of my friends recently came to Cyprus without going to the embassy. just incase anyone has embassy issues.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
EMU FALL 2016, FIRST BATCH SENT TO EMBASSY

For all applicants that have received confirmation of payment from EMU before July 1st, the details have been sent to embassy. Do allow a week for the embassy to receive and sort the record

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
good afternoon everyone. please am I to upload all the required documents in JPEG format in the Turkish site during registration and also take them along to the embassy. don't be angry with me oo if am asking too much. and like how much does igi or any insurance company charge for the travel insurance.
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
onile1975:
PLS HOUSE from ur experience like how many weeks is nomally btw departure date and appointment date dat will appear on d system i want to no this so that i can put travel date dat will b convenient for me.
It depends, u should consider visa collection date with respect to departure date and not appointment, you shld consider when the school u r going is resuming among different things, you could book d departure date to some days after the visa collection date. All ur choice and plan. Best of luck
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
taiwo92:
good afternoon everyone. please am I to upload all the required documents in JPEG format in the Turkish site during registration and also take them along to the embassy. don't be angry with me oo if am asking too much. and like how much does igi or any insurance company charge for the travel insurance.

The format are written on their website, you will go along with the documents, igi charge 2800 early dis year that i know off and others should charge less than 4k for a week insurance.
Re: North Cyprus by jaybros: 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
jidoex66:

For masters/undergraduate program? and what course?

Masters Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Re: North Cyprus by onile1975: 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
@wip7..how would i download all d qestions in stage 5 ? 2), what wud i rite is the question that sald wui is sponsoring ur trip name of the person is not include
Re: North Cyprus by Damsonkc(m): 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
Please house I have a very important question. Is it possible to live in Nicosia and School at Famagusta? I am planning on going for my master's at Famagusta but I have family in Nicosia who are willing to take me in. Please is it realistically feasible? Thanks all. Mr Wip, thank you for your assistance during my admission process. I need your help on this too.
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
jaybros:

Masters Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Thats a bit high, also taking masters in elect elect engr at CIU, nt up to dat. Wats d break down
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
Damsonkc:
Please house I have a very important question. Is it possible to live in Nicosia and School at Famagusta? I am planning on going for my master's at Famagusta but I have family in Nicosia who are willing to take me in. Please is it realistically feasible? Thanks all. Mr Wip, thank you for your assistance during my admission process. I need your help on this too.
Its possible dude
Re: North Cyprus by Damsonkc(m): 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
jidoex66:
Its possible dude
Thanks bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.