Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770374 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by sahm4u2nv(m): 10:13am On Jun 13, 2016
wip7:

I replied your mail. The closest Msc to your undergraduate degree is environmental science.
thanks sir,I will check n chat you up, I will appreciate your unbiased opinion,suggestions n advice.
I want to come over ASAP bro,I'm sure you will be happy seeing someone making it to the top through God n u
thanks in anticipation
Re: North Cyprus by Damsonkc(m): 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
wip7:

I replied your mail. The closest Msc to your undergraduate degree is environmental science.
Hi Wip, please assist a brother. I need to know the current fees for masters at EMU and how much I have to pay as initial payment. They are the only school on the island who have Digital Media for MA. Please I have my documents ready and I want to start now.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
Damsonkc:

Hi Wip, please assist a brother. I need to know the current fees for masters at EMU and how much I have to pay as initial payment. They are the only school on the island who have Digital Media for MA. Please I have my documents ready and I want to start now.

Send the following documents: undergraduate transcript, statement of result, international passport. Your undergraduate CGPA must be at least 2.5/4. Per course at EMU inclusive of 50% scholarship is 750USD and students are expected to take at least seven courses plus a thesis. Initial payment is 2000usd to get a visa.
Re: North Cyprus by Damsonkc(m): 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
wip7:

Send the following documents: undergraduate transcript, statement of result, international passport. Your undergraduate CGPA must be at least 2.5/4. Per course at EMU inclusive of 50% scholarship is 750USD and students are expected to take at least seven courses plus a thesis. Initial payment is 2000usd to get a visa.

Thank you for the information. The CGPA I presume is 3.5 average on a 5 point scale, yeah?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
Damsonkc:

Thank you for the information. The CGPA I presume is 3.5 average on a 5 point scale, yeah?

You will be admitted from CGPA 3.0 on a 5 point scale into EMU master.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
wip7 pls are you still with emu working.
Re: North Cyprus by Damsonkc(m): 11:13pm On Jun 13, 2016
wip7:

You will be admitted from CGPA 3.0 on a 5 point scale into EMU master.

Hi Wip, should I send my documents for EMU to you, I have the basic requirements. Please will you assist me with the application?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:56am On Jun 14, 2016
Damsonkc:

Hi Wip, should I send my documents for EMU to you, I have the basic requirements. Please will you assist me with the application?

Yes send : transcript , statement of result , international passport page all to my email. Find ye email in my signature (skull...)
Re: North Cyprus by Arrihinius(m): 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
Mr Wip i need your email address so that i can forward my documents to you am intrested in studying biochemistry for my second degree.Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
Arrihinius:
Mr Wip i need your email address so that i can forward my documents to you am intrested in studying biochemistry for my second degree.Thanks

Received
Re: North Cyprus by Arrihinius(m): 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
wip7:

Received
Thank you sir
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
good evening Mr wip please I need your phone number or gmail address I need to ask some questions.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
taiwo92:
good evening Mr wip please I need your phone number or gmail address I need to ask some questions.

Good day sir/madam,
I dont give out my phone number and I dont answer phone calls of number not saved on my phone. If the questions are related to academic, studies and living in Cyprus pls post it here so others can learn. If for admission..my email is in my signature.

Thanks for understanding!
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Thanks so much sir, my question is on the installmental payment plan for masters degree I saw the one for undergraduate online, I just want to know because presently am doing my one year service now and I will apply next yr April. further more about the scholarship issue I graduated with a CGPA of 4.23 which of the scholarship can I get. my course of study is civil engineering.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
taiwo92:
Thanks so much sir, my question is on the installmental payment plan for masters degree I saw the one for undergraduate online, I just want to know because presently am doing my one year service now and I will apply next yr April. further more about the scholarship issue I graduated with a CGPA of 4.23 which of the scholarship can I get. my course of study is civil engineering.

For new students registering for the first time, there is no installment payment plan. Also, graduate students are not eligible for installment plan for now.

You will need to deposit atleast 2100usd into the university bank account before you can be issue visa. The rest of the fees can be paid as the semesters unfold based on number of courses you take.

You will be awarded 50# scholarship according to ur result.
Re: North Cyprus by jc2xl(m): 9:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
I am a graduate of Biochemistry (4 point) and I want to do Pharmacy in this University. Please how much is the tuition fee? any scholarships?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:20am On Jun 15, 2016
jc2xl:
I am a graduate of Biochemistry (4 point) and I want to do Pharmacy in this University. Please how much is the tuition fee? any scholarships?

All the university here has the fees and scholarship details on their website. Kindly visit the website of the university you wish to study and scroll to the fees and scholarship section.
Re: North Cyprus by layzie86(m): 6:29am On Jun 15, 2016
Pls I'd like to know more about roaming with my airtel line in Turkey. Though I basically need it to send & receive SMS, is it true one gets charged for incoming calls as well?? (Q1)
I hope to receive SMS is free sha...(Q2)

Also, I learned after 4 months the naija line gets blocked & one has to start using one of their local networks (Q3). Will my naija mobile phone be blocked as well, meaning I'd have to buy a new phone in Turkey after 4 months? (Q4)

4 questions in total... wink

Cheers
Re: North Cyprus by maxpaine(m): 10:47am On Jun 15, 2016
Please ooo help a brother out I just received my Unconditional letter to study computer @ CIU and I have some questions
1)i want to authenticate my documents and I don't know which and which I will need to authenticate
2)what steps would I take to start processing my visa
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
maxpaine:
Please ooo help a brother out I just received my Unconditional letter to study computer @ CIU and I have some questions
1)i want to authenticate my documents and I don't know which and which I will need to authenticate
2)what steps would I take to start processing my visa

Visit the Turkish embassy website, the required documents to attest and visa procedure are stated there.
Re: North Cyprus by maxpaine(m): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
Thank you sire Wip7
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
layzie86:
Pls I'd like to know more about roaming with my airtel line in Turkey. Though I basically need it to send & receive SMS, is it true one gets charged for incoming calls as well?? (Q1)
I hope to receive SMS is free sha...(Q2)

Also, I learned after 4 months the naija line gets blocked & one has to start using one of their local networks (Q3). Will my naija mobile phone be blocked as well, meaning I'd have to buy a new phone in Turkey after 4 months? (Q4)

4 questions in total... wink

Cheers
To your questions:
1.you get charged for receiving call with your Nigeria line and your caller get charged also for calling you since you roaming.
2.receiving text message is free.
3. You Nigeria sim won't be block afternoon out months as long as it's in a phone and at least you revive message with it(am talking based on Mtn cus mine is still active after many years now)
4. Your phone won't be block.phones are not designed for specific country,if it's designed for a specific network then other network won't work on it else it can work on any country.
Hope your questions have been answered
Re: North Cyprus by layzie86(m): 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
penroll55:

To your questions:
1.you get charged for receiving call with your Nigeria line and your caller get charged also for calling you since you roaming.
2.receiving text message is free.
3. You Nigeria sim won't be block afternoon out months as long as it's in a phone and at least you revive message with it(am talking based on Mtn cus mine is still active after many years now)
4. Your phone won't be block.phones are not designed for specific country,if it's designed for a specific network then other network won't work on it else it can work on any country.
Hope your questions have been answered
yea it has. thanks bro
Re: North Cyprus by layzie86(m): 5:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
I just received my passport through a proxy via courier & kinda found an unusual stamp @ the back page of my passport. Does this mean it's been rejected ni? or how does a rejected stamp usually look, as this doesn't say rejected

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
layzie86:
I just received my passport through a proxy via courier & kinda found an unusual stamp @ the back page of my passport. Does this mean it's been rejected ni? or how does a rejected stamp usually look, as this doesn't say rejected
That means you have been rejected and have to wait after 6months before you can reapply if you want to.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
layzie86:

Do you remember this conversation?

Your resumption date is strange...

You have been rejected for a visa and you will wait for next 6 months.

Re: North Cyprus by adesbaba: 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
pls mr WIP7 am a corper and will be thru by march 2017..i wanna apply for msc in feb 2017 entry cos i wanna av my msc immediately after service..sept entry will b too far,anytin can happen..pls can i apply for d feb entry and resume arnd 1st week of April....
Re: North Cyprus by Theophinio(m): 11:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
@Wip
Please do you know anything about football in Cyprus, because i may be coming for a football trial

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:38am On Jun 17, 2016
adesbaba:
pls mr WIP7 am a corper and will be thru by march 2017..i wanna apply for msc in feb 2017 entry cos i wanna av my msc immediately after service..sept entry will b too far,anytin can happen..pls can i apply for d feb entry and resume arnd 1st week of April....

You can surely be admitted but most university will put you on leave of absence if you resume after add and drop period. This year April, we were giving mid exams to the students so there is no way a new student can be registered when mid-exam is ongoing. Possibly in 2017 same thing will mostly be happening. So the chances that you will be registered is 35% in April.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:49am On Jun 17, 2016
Theophinio:
@Wip
Please do you know anything about football in Cyprus, because i may be coming for a football trial

What I know is that there are lots of fake agents, scammers and fraudulent people sometimes mostly African defrauding unknown victims in this football thing in Cyprus and in Turkey. I have known a person on this thread that was defrauded almost half a Million naira even though I told him the offer is strange and sounds scam-like, he fell for it.

Anyway, Cyprus does not have a big football team and those small team in Cyprus as far as I know pay something low. Also, lots of Africans are here with football skills so I wonder why you wil be invited for trial from abroad unless you are JJ Okocha.

Anyway that's just my own view. There could be a trial I know nothing about that. But a trial that will want you to pay them ..u need to be more careful.

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by Theophinio(m): 8:18am On Jun 17, 2016
wip7:

What I know is that there are lots of fake agents, scammers and fraudulent people sometimes mostly African defrauding unknown victims in this football thing in Cyprus and in Turkey. I have known a person on this thread that was defrauded almost half a Million naira even though I told him the offer is strange and sounds scam-like, he fell for it.

Anyway, Cyprus does not have a big football team and those small team in Cyprus as far as I know pay something low. Also, lots of Africans are here with football skills so I wonder why you wil be invited for trial from abroad unless you are JJ Okocha.

Anyway that's just my own view. There could be a trial I know nothing about that. But a trial that will want you to pay them ..u need to be more careful.

Best wishes!
Nice one @Wip
The man is a licensed soccer agent, he has been transferring player for over 10years.He asked me if i love to move to Cyprus, that he got a deal for me there. Since i have been goggling about Cyprus football.
What about Turkey in your opinion
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:51am On Jun 17, 2016
Theophinio:

Nice one @Wip
The man is a licensed soccer agent, he has been transferring player for over 10years. He asked me if i love to move to Cyprus, that he got a deal for me there. Since i have been goggling about Cyprus football.
What about Turkey in your opinion

The same story that other guy said....until he was duped, the victim was in my office few yrs back, no matter how much I tried to convince him he was blind folded with day-dreams. Am suspecting is the same con-man. Does this deal involve you to pay for anything apart from your flight ? If you trust him go ahead and after you arrive Cyprus for the trial please give us update here.

If you are duped like that other guy..also update us...

Best wishes!

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.