Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768665 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Professor554: 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
wizdavee:
Thanks for that bro.But that form is for the transaction details not the one for opening the Dorm acct.Am I right?

Yes. The one for dorm account is different from this. That one is account opening form and two other pages for guarantors signatures and account numbers. Your guarantors must have current account in any bank that is working and it is not salary account. Also to open a dorm account you must have a normal savings account with GTbank. If you get there they will explain everything to you better.
Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
if I open with that amount 100 dollars,will I have access to withdraw it fully after opening the account?
Re: North Cyprus by Professor554: 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
wizdavee:
if I open with that amount 100 dollars,will I have access to withdraw it fully after opening the account?

I don't think so. But ask them there in the bank maybe they have changed their policies but for me, i always leave the $100 i deposited when opening the account
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
Another issue Mr wip .. I am sorry for bothering you .. My Bro went to get his national id card .. only to find out that the address no does not tally with that on the application from ... 34 on the app form .. 30 on the slip ... does it matter though both places belong to us .. we have 34 on our nepa bill but na 30 dey the front of the house .. so because of the nepa bill we use 34 most of the time ..
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
elijah101:
Another issue Mr wip .. I am sorry for bothering you .. My Bro went to get his national id card .. only to find out that the address no does not tally with that on the application from ... 34 on the app form .. 30 on the slip ... does it matter though both places belong to us .. we have 34 on our nepa bill but na 30 dey the front of the house .. so because of the nepa bill we use 34 most of the time ..

This should not bring an issue. He can explain both addresses belong to him in case he is being asked.
Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hello everyone in the room.. pls I want to ask wish of the documents to attest at MOD, is it photocopy or Original doc.
Re: North Cyprus by dailydolar(m): 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
For Western union u don't need to. Hanger our money to dollar just go to the bank where u have account and fill d form
Professor554:

Ok if they do that is easier then, if you want to purchase dollars from the black market then keep your money at home, first find a legitimate place where you know is where all this aboki change money, if you are sure of the place like in lagos, mmia they are there and have been there for a long time you can use that one. Then you can take your money there and change and codedly leave there atleast go with someone you trust that is matured when you get home get a paper and copy the dollars number given to them by the reserve bank then head to your bank for western union transaction fill the form and submit.
Re: North Cyprus by wheels234(m): 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
Please i am looking to study nursing please which school do you guys recommend that do bsc topup.
Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 6:17am On Aug 06, 2016
Good morning prof.Am already processing my dorm acct with GTB.As regard this form you sent me,what is the meaning of offshore charge? Also what are the charges like whenever am about to transfer my fund? I just wanted to pay 1000 dollars
Re: North Cyprus by dailydolar(m): 7:27am On Aug 06, 2016
wizdavee:
Good morning prof.Am already processing my dorm acct with GTB.As regard this form you sent me,what is the meaning of offshore charge? Also what are the charges like whenever am about to transfer my fund? I just wanted to pay 1000 dollars
this is a question for the bank just fill the dom account opening form and ask them to open account for you they will inform u on th e way forward but mind u, u need a referee to open the account because it's a current account but dollar denominated. I think the offshore charges is talking about the charge the bank over there will charge if you want to bear the charge so the person abroad receives the real money u are sending or do you want to to charge from the one u are sending
Re: North Cyprus by Professor554: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2016
wizdavee:

ok that is good. Offshore charge is the charges that may arise abroad thats the destination but you can choose to pay it sp that the school will get to recieve exactly the amount you want to pay. When i did my transfer the last time I was charged $20. Ask the bank to help you calculate how much you will pay as offshore and other charges but I think it won't be more than $10 but ask them so to be sure
Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 9:48am On Aug 06, 2016
Thanks for that bro.Well understood now...
Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 9:49am On Aug 06, 2016
Thanks for that Bro.All Cleared
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
Professor554:

ok that is good. Offshore charge is the charges that may arise abroad thats the destination but you can choose to pay it sp that the school will get to recieve exactly the amount you want to pay. When i did my transfer the last time I was charged $20. Ask the bank to help you calculate how much you will pay as offshore and other charges but I think it won't be more than $10 but ask them so to be sure
your wrong bro.. There are two charges infact.. Offshore and onshore.. As of 2015 it was $30 each .. If your going to pay $1000 then you should make sure you pay $1060 if not the total amount that would get to the schools account will be $940 or less. Ask the bank for the current charges for transferring.like I mentioned a long time on this forum rather going through the stress of opening a Dom account and paying $100 for opening for most banks (note your not getting that $100 back) you can look for some or family member that has and could help.. You just buy the dollar and pay through their account.opening should be your last option.
Re: North Cyprus by Professor554: 1:11am On Aug 08, 2016
godsong:
your wrong bro.. There are two charges infact.. Offshore and onshore.. As of 2015 it was $30 each .. If your going to pay $1000 then you should make sure you pay $1060 if not the total amount that would get to the schools account will be $940 or less. Ask the bank for the current charges for transferring.like I mentioned a long time on this forum rather going through the stress of opening a Dom account and paying $100 for opening for most banks (note your not getting that $100 back) you can look for some or family member that has and could help.. You just buy the dollar and pay through their account.opening should be your last option.

This is my personal account I am talking about. I got the debit alert through my email and as well phone number and that was the only amount deducted from my account.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 6:37am On Aug 08, 2016
Professor554:

This is my personal account I am talking about. I got the debit alert through my email and as well phone number and that was the only amount deducted from my account.
it was also my personal account.. like I said it's optional for you to pay the onshore charges and offshore charges while filling the form or it will be deducted from the money sent if you don't check that you will pay.. Tell the person who needs the services to go the the bank you opened yours to make good inquiry before engaging but all the same Dom payments are faster than form A.
Re: North Cyprus by Professor554: 10:19am On Aug 08, 2016
godsong:
it was also my personal account.. like I said it's optional for you to pay the onshore charges and offshore charges while filling the form or it will be deducted from the money sent if you don't check that you will pay.. Tell the person who needs the services to go the the bank you opened yours to make good inquiry before engaging but all the same Dom payments are faster than form A.

Yeah we are saying the samething. That form A abeg na rubbish. It takes weeks with no assurance. That form A wasted my time because I wanted to buy forex atleast on a cheaper price but at the end I realized its better I buy the expensive and pay my tuition or loose my place in school.
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2016
@wips,prof and the general house,i will finish my nysc march 2017 and i want to go for my master immediately.pls what is the best time for me to apply for admission because i dont want to waste time.am talking about emu,master in civil engineering. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
If you are in Lagos and you would like to pay your tuition fee but having problems doing that, contact me I can pay here and you deposit the black market equivalent to account in Nigeria.. The reason why I said Lagos is to ensure that the money will be paid into the account by linking up with someone I trust. If you have someone here good.. We can link up to ensure the same. For a limited amount of people.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2016
taiwo92:
@wips,prof and the general house,i will finish my nysc march 2017 and i want to go for my master immediately.pls what is the best time for me to apply for admission because i dont want to waste time.am talking about emu,master in civil engineering. Thanks
apply by November 2016 so you can get the admission December at most and finalize tuition fee payment if you intend to resume for the pring semester 2017.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
*** Note
Admission for Fall semester 2016 to Near East University is still on.
you can forward scanned copies of your documents
Undergraduate
(1) W.A.E.C or N.E.C.O result
(2) International passport data page

Graduate Studies
(1) Bsc Certificate
(2) Transcript
(3) W.A.E.C or N.E.C.O result
(4) International passport data page
(5) C.V

to godsong29@gmail.com and don't fail to mention your course of study.

All at no cost.. Totally free.
If you have any question concerning studying in North Cyprus don't fail to ask.
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 7:28pm On Aug 08, 2016
Thanks@godson pls which month is that,i mean the spring semester because my passing out parade is march 2017
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
taiwo92:

You can be admitted into EMU for Spring (Feb. 2017) entry if you make the application from September 2016. However, you will be placed on a leave of absence if you resume beyond March 6th, 2017. Meaning, you will not be able to register for courses in Spring if your arrival date exceeds March 6.
Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mr wip7, what is the hope for securing September admission at EMU...My transcript is yet to be out from school. I really need the September admission.
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
@mr wip7 if I arrived beyond march 6 when will I be able to register.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2016
taiwo92:
@mr wip7 if I arrived beyond march 6 when will I be able to register.

September 2017. It's gonna be unwise decision since u will pay for accommodation and eat food from March till Sept. Accommodation and living expenses are high here as compared to Nigeria so u either spend those period in Nigeria. Unless during this period you find some jobs to do to support the expenses or register for other trainings to compensate for lost of time. In some cases, u may find an instructor willing to open a course for you to take but add/drop ends in March making it risky.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:45pm On Aug 08, 2016
Kj40:
Mr wip7, what is the hope for securing September admission at EMU...My transcript is yet to be out from school. I really need the September admission.

You need to get the transcript until August 28th which will be the last day of applying for master program. In most cases, you may apply with signed student copy of ur transcript pending when you can secure the official copies.
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
@mr wip7 thank very much I understand everything u re telling me, is just that I don't want to stay @home from march till September. if I did not make march 2017 admission which one is next and by what time next yr can I apply.
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 10:39am On Aug 09, 2016
wip7:

September 2017. It's gonna be unwise decision since u will pay for accommodation and eat food from March till Sept. Accommodation and living expenses are high here as compared to Nigeria so u either spend those period in Nigeria. Unless during this period you find some jobs to do to support the expenses or register for other trainings to compensate for lost of time. In some cases, u may find an instructor willing to open a course for you to take but add/drop ends in March making it risky.
Mr wip7 thank you very much for your help so far it has helped me alot but I HV two questions. It is directed to wip7 and any other person who can answer. Here are my questions 1: when I land at ercan, what would be the next thing to do? Would I take another flight to northcyprus or the same flight or bus coz I wanna go straight to north Cyprus no time to tour turkey. Question2: what are the necessary medical test I would do that is needed for my journey to north Cyprus please I await your reply thanks a lot.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2016
Jayeby001:
Mr wip7 thank you very much for your help so far it has helped me alot but I HV two questions. It is directed to wip7 and any other person who can answer. Here are my questions 1: when I land at ercan, what would be the next thing to do? Would I take another flight to northcyprus or the same flight or bus coz I wanna go straight to north Cyprus no time to tour turkey. Question2: what are the necessary medical test I would do that is needed for my journey to north Cyprus please I await your reply thanks a lot.
Ercan is in North Cyprus.. The school would pick you up from the airport if they know your coming. There is no direct flight to North Cyrpus.. All flights have to get to turkey first after which one takes the next flight to Ercan-North Cyprus. You don't do any test.. Your medical test would be done here after school registration and prior to resident permit application.
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
godsong:
Ercan is in North Cyprus.. The school would pick you up from the airport if they know your coming. There is no direct flight to North Cyrpus.. All flights have to get to turkey first after which one takes the next flight to Ercan-North Cyprus. You don't do any test.. Your medical test would be done here after school registration and prior to resident permit application.
OK godson thank you am actually coming to near east university please can we talk more? Coz I have some questions to ask.please
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
godsong:
godson on my acceptance letter I saw I need a yellow fever and typhoid vaccine cards on entry into the country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.