Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (769729 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by honypye: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
Ayomide94:
Can someone please share the link for applying a Turkish visa online.
It's urgent pls

konsolosluk.gov.tr/
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
honypye:
@wip7

Good day,

I applied to EMU earlier this year. I have my confirmation letter, my name has been sent to the embassy, everything so far seems fine but, the appointment date on the online application for a visa is way too far away and I worry it will affect my resumption date. I would please like to know if there's a way around this or if applying in person is a better option.

Thanks in anticipation of your quick reply.

Hi,

When is the application date? What do you mean by "if applying in person is a better option"? First, you must book an appointment to be allowed to submit your visa application and as far as am aware for two of my incoming students that applied just 3 days ago have available appointment dates for Sept.
Re: North Cyprus by honypye: 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
wip7:

Hi,

When is the application date? What do you mean by "if applying in person is a better option"? First, you must book an appointment to be allowed to submit your visa application and as far as am aware for two of my incoming students that applied just 3 days ago have available appointment dates for Sept.

The application date I saw was the 23rd of September. I filled an online application form and submitted that. What's left is booking an appointment and I'm kinda worried about choosing the 23rd so I'm thinking of going to Abuja instead tomorrow.
Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
@ Taiwo92, EUL system and communication engineering Bsc.
Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pls ohh help me out, am I to choose single entry or double entry during this application....
And also what's Biometric photo?
Re: North Cyprus by honypye: 3:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
Ayomide94:
Pls ohh help me out, am I to choose single entry or double entry during this application....
And also what's Biometric photo?

I chose single. A biometric picture should be clear, with a good plain background. There are certain colours which are fine I believe. You must look straight at the camera, both ears should be in the picture, straight face. It's pretty much a passport photograph, it just has to be a perfect one that outlines all your facial details perfectly. According to what I saw online anyway.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:05pm On Aug 17, 2016
honypye:

The application date I saw was the 23rd of September. I filled an online application form and submitted that. What's left is booking an appointment and I'm kinda worried about choosing the 23rd so I'm thinking of going to Abuja instead tomorrow.

23rd Sept is very okay..........don't worry and don't waste your money traveling to Abuja unless you have too much money to waste as you won't be attended to without appointment.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by honypye: 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
wip7:

23rd Sept is very okay..........don't worry and don't waste your money traveling to Abuja unless you have too much money to waste as you won't be attended to without appointment.

Best wishes!

Thank you so much! smiley

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
honypye:

I chose single. A biometric picture should be clear, with a good plain background. There are certain colours which are fine I believe. You must look straight at the camera, both ears should be in the picture, straight face. It's pretty much a passport photograph, it just has to be a perfect one that outlines all your facial details perfectly. According to what I saw online anyway.
biometric photo is simply ... White background photograph 6cm x 5cm
Re: North Cyprus by honypye: 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
godsong:
biometric photo is simply ... White background photograph 6cm x 5cm

If you say so.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
@ayomide, how much is the initial payment u made before they send the confirmation of admission.
Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 8:41am On Aug 18, 2016
1000USD
Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 10:24am On Aug 18, 2016
at mr wip7, the transcript is available now but my none of my references are available. can I proceed to apply for the master program at EMU. and I want to know the total cost for the master program in electrical engineering. thank you
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:43am On Aug 18, 2016
Kj40:
at mr wip7, the transcript is available now but my none of my references are available. can I proceed to apply for the master program at EMU. and I want to know the total cost for the master program in electrical engineering. thank you

To apply you can send me the following as electronic copies (transcript, bachelor statement of result/certificate and international passport page). The fees for master program in EMU, you can visit EMU website or check page 239 of this thread where I mentioned CIU and EMU master program fees.
Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
@mr wip7, thank you.
1: can CIU student have a semester course in abroad from his/her period of study at CIU.

2: which of the 2 schools is well recognise globally
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Kj40:
@mr wip7, thank you.
1: can CIU student have a semester course in abroad from his/her period of study at CIU.

Students are not stopped from taking a semester abroad if you find a university to spend the semester abroad. Also, most universities in TRNC do have exchange partner universities abroad. You may peruse on the university website to find the corresponding universities. Finally, the university does have personnel responsible for this. They will be best in providing you information on this.

2: which of the 2 schools is well recognise globally

I don't know which of the university is well recognise globally. You may do google or academic searches to get the answer. But I must point that due to the increasing economic, technology and knowledge gap currently, students should focus on personal improvement. Hence, applicants should direct their academic pursuit on institutions that can provide them with the serene living environment, universities that have about 80% of equipment/devices to make them versatile and competitive.

Specifically, graduate applicants should be more interested in obtaining clear-cut skills, enhance their practical knowledge, research prowess, enterprising and management skills/experience.
Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
Okay. am good with your reply, please which of the school have the 80% equipment between EMU and CIU. with due respect pls buzz me to have your email for me to drop the documents requested for the admission. thank you
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Kj40:
Okay. am good with your reply, please which of the school have the 80% equipment between EMU and CIU. with due respect pls buzz me to have your email for me to drop the documents requested for the admission. thank you

You can find my email address in my signature.

As a prospective graduate student, It will be great if you visit each university website, focus on your proposed department and see if they conduct research in your field of interests. Check each instructor in the department and look for his/her research profiles via academic searches. Check the department facilities, types of equipment, publications and nature of research being carried out.

You may apply for both and by the end of your searches, you can decide on where to study finally between both.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by willjoe: 9:41am On Aug 19, 2016
@wip7, Hello bro, how easy is it to get a part time job as a student and coping well with school grades'
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2016
willjoe:
@wip7, Hello bro, how easy is it to get a part time job as a student and coping well with school grades'

Jobs are scarce to get; however some students have been able to find. Some of these jobs are time/energy-consuming and wages may only be for survival. Some have been lucky to find moderate and average income paying jobs.

Regarding working and getting good grades;

1. theoretically/practically: the more time/energy-consuming jobs the less efficient the student will be academically.

2. Naturally: some students are talented with high IQ, fast learner and great planner...these sets can excel well even with time-consuming hard jobs.

NOTE: All prospective students are advised to have stable/standby financial sponsor to study abroad. Ensure you have tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses to cover almost 80% of your duration here before you sign up to study. cry cry

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by willjoe: 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Got yu@wip7. May i get your mobile no. as PM
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
willjoe:
Got yu@wip7. May i get your mobile no. as PM

Unfortunately, I don't do mobile PM/chat.

I have maintained this thread since 2009 and most questions regarding studying in Cyprus I have provided answers to it here. If you wish to apply, you can check my signature for the email address.

Also, the universities in Cyprus also have information regarding way of life and living for incoming students on their websites.

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by willjoe: 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
Thanks@wip7. How much could be feeding and housing(if pairing is possible) for a month be + do top grade students get incentives or scholarship.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
willjoe:
Thanks@wip7. How much could be feeding and housing(if pairing is possible) for a month be + do top grade students get incentives or scholarship.

Cyprus is a big Island with a various number of universities in different cities. Hence, the cost of off-campus accommodation varies per city; the most expensive is Kyrenia which averagely cost 400 pounds per month excluding utility bills for 2 bed rooms. In Famagusta, a 3 bedroom can be shared and range between 300-500 USD monthly for whole flat. The older, and farther away the apartment to an institution the less expensive. So you can guide yourself with above estimates.

Each university lists the cost of shared apartment on its website and sometimes state it on their acceptance letters.
Campus accommodation in a shared room of 2-3 occupant will cost roughly 2000-3500 per 10 months (academic year) for one occupant.

Yes, some university does have top-up scholarship based on grades each semester for excellent students.

Feeding depends on the size of your mouth/tummy. However, cooking will save you cost than ordering or eating out as a student. Averagely a regular student will spend 100-300 usd on food monthly.

For those that over eat, will spend higher, for those that smokes, drinks and womanise/menise will spend more monthly. For those that rent cars also spend more monthly cos averagely, it cost almost 15k to rent a car per 2-3 days here. So those are the vices that cost more here.
Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
prof...I really wanna say thank u for everything.I was able to pay ma fees and the school has sent me my acceptance letter.Right now is turkey transit visa formality.Also I wouldn't mind if you know more about turkey transit visa process for TRNC.
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
@wizdavee which school are u going, how much do u pay for them to send your acceptance letter,which degree. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by willjoe: 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
@wip7, Are you currently in cyprus + how good is it cos i hope to study Law there.
Re: North Cyprus by willjoe: 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
wip7:

Cyprus is a big Island with a various number of universities in different cities. Hence, the cost of off-campus accommodation varies per city; the most expensive is Kyrenia which averagely cost 400 pounds per month excluding utility bills for 2 bed rooms. In Famagusta, a 3 bedroom can be shared and range between 300-500 USD monthly for whole flat. The older, and farther away the apartment to an institution the less expensive. So you can guide yourself with above estimates.

Each university lists the cost of shared apartment on its website and sometimes state it on their acceptance letters.
Campus accommodation in a shared room of 2-3 occupant will cost roughly 2000-3500 per 10 months (academic year) for one occupant.

Yes, some university does have top-up scholarship based on grades each semester for excellent students.

Feeding depends on the size of your mouth/tummy. However, cooking will save you cost than ordering or eating out as a student. Averagely a regular student will spend 100-300 usd on food monthly.

For those that over eat, will spend higher, for those that smokes, drinks and womanise/menise will spend more monthly. For those that rent cars also spend more monthly cos averagely, it cost almost 15k to rent a car per 2-3 days here. So those are the vices that cost more here.

i appreciate bro@wip7. Be sure i'l ask more questions as they come later.
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 12:01am On Aug 20, 2016
wip7:

Cyprus is a big Island with a various number of universities in different cities. Hence, the cost of off-campus accommodation varies per city; the most expensive is Kyrenia which averagely cost 400 pounds per month excluding utility bills for 2 bed rooms. In Famagusta, a 3 bedroom can be shared and range between 300-500 USD monthly for whole flat. The older, and farther away the apartment to an institution the less expensive. So you can guide yourself with above estimates. Wip please I submitted my application since last week to the embassy and the gave me Oct which won't favor me so am thinking of canceling the appointment and reapply.

Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 12:06am On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=Jayeby001 post=48635643][/quote] sir wip, please I wish to know if it is possible to cancel an appointment and take another date for appointment. As the date I was given by the embassy ain't favorable for me.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:35am On Aug 20, 2016
Jayeby001:
sir wip, please I wish to know if it is possible to cancel an appointment and take another date for appointment. As the date I was given by the embassy ain't favorable for me.

Yes you can cancle and rebook.

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.