Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (81340 Views)

Cross River State Has Not Banned Devotion In Schools –SSG / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Nigeria Has Largest Student Population In Us – Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by TeskyMan(m): 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2007
This is uncalled for, I wonder why people cant sit down and reason, How can u get a proof that Kano is more populous than Lagos,i served in the North and i actually understood what i am saying, Kano is no way compared to Lagos in terms of population or what have you,

I am happy that people are waken up and saying their mind, Imagine when housing is about 4.2million , lets just conclude that 3 persons live in a house, wont that generate over 13m, Lets call a spade a spade,
Them don count cows and their normal ram.,, Bleep all of them jareeeeeeeeee
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 2:19pm On Jan 13, 2007
buluti:

@ Ishmael such a statement gives credence to why davidylan does not want to humor you.

Staying inside the box or within the box suggest limitations in your outlook and views, its not a good place to be. Believe me its not a good place. grin grin

It's better to stay inside the box, study it , know it and be able to know exactly what is going on inside it, than to jump outside the box, know nothing about the things happening outside it and still know nothing about the things happening inside it. No wonder you always assume, and your assumptions are always wrong; and you still want people to accept you views. I beg make we hear word jo!!
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by farouqb(m): 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2007
Voters registration is being updated at present. I hope Southerner are registering now. Let nobody complain when we start getting outrageous figures from the north.
@ozorjiu

Tell me who are you going to vote for, Ojukwu? a southerner?
I think its hi time we change our line of thinking.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by crito(m): 3:04pm On Jan 13, 2007
i dont believe that kano state is more populated than lagos state?
lagos state is the most sought-after state in nigeria & dont 4get lagos is now a megacity.
lagos is highly populated!
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 13, 2007
Jalal:

I really don't know what all the fuss is about, what difference does it make vice versa? If Kano is more populous than Lagos so what? [b]The issue should be how to improve the lot of those millions of people anywhere they are in Nigeria.[/b]When will Nigerians learn to let go of tribal, ethnic, religious and other sentiments that have bedevilled our nations progress?
I am surprise at YOU (the future generation)

That sir is the major issue! Census is meant for developmental planning in serious countries but in Nigeria it is mainly used as a tool to rig elections, indiscriminately uneven representation at the federal level and perpetuating the ilegality of revenue sharing based on land mass and population.
Those same ethnic and religious concerns you mention are the very reason we refuse to be taken for a ride with such bogus census figures, is it possible for Kano+Jigawa to have a 19% yearly growth rate as against a mere 4% for Lagos state? Why then does the UN not regard Kano as one of the world's 19 mega cities when Lagos lies a comfortable 7th position to rise to 3rd by 2015?
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2007
As we have said, let Lagos state release the figures of the census they conducted alongside the NPC census. What are they waiting for?? Atleast that will be able to explain to nigerians the difference between kano and Lagos state census figures as well as the inconsistency of NPC.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 13, 2007
ishmael:

As we have said, let Lagos state release the figures of the census they conducted alongside the NPC census. What are they waiting for?? Atleast that will be able to explain to nigerians the difference between kano and Lagos state census figures as well as the inconsistency of NPC.

we dont need Lagos releasing a separate census! Each state might as well then release their own personal census! What relevance would the NPC then hold?

What of the projections of the UNFPA? What about pure common sense? 143% growth rate in 15 yrs?
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Sadman(m): 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2007
Nigerians just amaze me. Everyone (and i mean everyone) is sentimental about everything. The southerners don't like the census result because Kano has the highest population and the northerners like it because Kano has the highest population. When will we ever change? Personally i think the census wasn't perfect, but since it was the work of all Nigerians, then we should all accept it and move on. I will like to remind the southerners though that population of the north cannot be estimated by the people on the streets because most of the women and children are usually indoors.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by demmy(m): 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2007
Facts

@buluti
Jigawa State was created in 1991, so Kano State's figure was without Jigawa's figure. The '91 figures were 2,875,525 and 5,810,470 respectively for Jigawa and Kano.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Afam(m): 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2007
demmy:

Facts

@buluti
Jigawa State was created in 1991, so Kano State's figure was without Jigawa's figure. The '91 figures were 2,875,525 and 5,810,470 respectively for Jigawa and Kano.

Thanks for the information, I asked this question because I wasn't sure when Jigawa was carved out of Kano and I don't believe in taking positions on things I don't have concrete information on.

Some had tried to create the impression that the previous election covered the old Kano.

@Buluti,

As regards any clarifications or challenges today on the issue of Lagos state I believe that Lagos state has a tangible reason we can refer to.

I believe only Lagos state conducted a parallel census and it is strange that while it has rejected the NPC results, it has done nothing to counter it by making open the census it conducted with tax payers money.

My dear, I don't want the media or politicians thinking for me or teleguiding me.

As to what emperical calcualtions, geography or postulations have to do with the issue the only thing I will state here is that I know where to draw the line between actual measurements and inferences, postulations and assumptions.

I maintain that only a census can give you the actual number of people living in an area and I wonder why you disagree with this.

I would not want to get into issues not related to this thread so you may suggest what you think people should believe, the NPC with a census and results or the objections and rejections based on statements like "Kano is a desert", "Lagos attracts more people" etc.

A lot of people come to do business in Lagos state everyday, I hope we understand that some of these people don't even live in Lagos.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2007
NigeriaONE

Here is why the census 2006 is a fraud While the Fulani/Hausa who live around and close to the desert have a population density of 163.4859 person for every kilometer you travel.
Which is higher than the rest of Nigeria all put together have 146.8367 person for every kilometer you travel.
The middle belt and Kanuri area have 71.5388 person for every kilometer you travel. This is why it is a fraud. I have no hate for fulani/Hausa people, Just the census figure is a fraud,

see calculation below

The 9 fulani/hausa state of Sokoto,kebbi,zamfara, kaduna,kano,gombe,bauchi,katsina and Jigawa in the desert area of nigeria, which satellite picture show is less populated is said to have 42,817,288

Their population census 42, 817,288 divided 261,902 = 163.4859 square kilometer per person.

The rest of Nigeria has 97,186,254 with area of 661,866

Rest of Nigeria population density

= 97,186,254 divide 661,866= 146.8367 square kilometer per person.

The Middle belt and Kanuri area without the 9 Fulani/hausa state in the desert has 32, 207 878 with area of 450,215

The Middle belt and Kanuri area(32, 207 878) population density =

32, 207 878 divide 450,215= 71.5388 square kilometer per person.

Rest of Nigeria without lagos population density

= 88 172 720 divide 658 521= 133.895 person for every kilometer you travel.

Now if you use the middle belt and Kanuri population density to calculate the Fulani/hausa population since they live just abit below the fulani/hausa and culture and other been equal,

here is the calculation,

Fulani/hausa population= 261,902 multiple 71.5388 = 18, 736,155 people,

Instead of 42, 817,288

Fulani/Hausa who live around and close the the desert have a population density of 163.4859 person for every kilometer you travel.

Rest of Nigeria without lagos population density

= 88 172 720 divide 658 521= 133.895 person for every kilometer you travel.

even if you remove lagos and Oyo from the South Benue Niger(SBN) the Fulani/hausa population density is till higher than the south benue Niger of Nigeria, So you know this is 419, They should arrest Mr Makawa.

see more analysis on our website NigeriaONE

If you remove Lagos from the rest of Nigeria population, The density of the rest of Nigeria apart from the Fulani/hausa , would be about 130 person per kilometer, which is is nearly 40 less than the Fulani/hausa ,

I think the senate and the national Assembly should look and analysis this figure before they reject the figure,

Even if you remove Lagos from the rest of Nigeria, the population density drop to about 130 person per kilometer and you also remove kaduna from the fulani/hausa because of the minority in that area,

The fulani/hausa population density goes up to about 171 person per kilometer while the rest of Nigeria is 130, if you remove oyo and river state, the rest of Nigeria population density become 119 while the fulani /hausa population per kilometer would remain about 171 person per kilometer, My people is that possible if you have travelled nigeria, that they are 40 people more than the rest of Nigeria in density, against i said 419, Mr makawa should be arrested, He should have learn 419 from some expect, now what did this man study in school, his maths most be really BAD, I am working on the figure he present, I notice a style. which my explain all this, may be I would derive a formular. that everybody can use, to get their state, This Mr Makawa maths was BAD, Please note from the name Makawa I think he is from Kano state,

My people Igbo man don suffer for Nigeria, Notice that if they do not cancel this census. In 2016 with the same growth rate , the fulani/hausa where mr Makawa comes from, would be about 50% of the population of Nigeria, How is it possible that the fulani/hausa had about 16 million children in the last 15 years, which is the population of the south east, and the igbo only had 4.9 children in 15 years, and the yoruba only had 5 million children.

16 million children is too high for the fulani/hausa while the rest of Nigeria only had 35 million, so for every 3 children born in Nigeria in the last 15 years, 1 out of 3 is a fulani/hausa child, that can not be possible, see our nigeriaone for more detail. as I analysis the figure.

So Kanuri people do not have many wivies abi but since 1963 their growth rate have not multiple by 3 times sha, only the fulani/hausa, Mr Makawa is a lier. If he had no figure for us, we can understand is position but to lie to us, is another thing.

How if Mr Makawa census figures are correct, It means that
for every 6 children a fulani/hausa family as, the average Igbo family have 1.9 children while the an average yoruba family have 1.8 children, I do not want to talk about the middle belt , Mr Makawa believe this middle belt people are childless,

Average fulani/hausa family 6.0 children
Average Igbo family 1.9 children
Average Yoruba family 1.8 children

It is a linear graph, This mr makawa must be joking, no nation have a linear graph, only part thatis not linear is abuja,
Now use 1.5 to multiple the 1991 census, you should get the 2006 census +_ 100,000

Note that in 1963, the Middle belt and the Kanuri people had about the same population even more than the fulani/hausa group, but in 2006 Mr Makawa is claim that his group have over taken then and have 42 million,

Also note than in 1963, the fulani/hausa group had just 300,000 more than the Yorubas, but he claim they now lead the yoruba with about 15 million more , that funny,

Note that Kwara state and ondo state have been close to been childless in the last 15 years, from his calculation they had just a little above 1 child per house hold,

We at NigeriaONE are ready to pay for the ticket of a google engineer to come to nigeria and address the Nigeria senate and National assembly, so that they can see the satellite picture themself and now judge for themself, before they reject the figure, it should clearly that Mr Makawa is a lier,

Here is a list of all the Africa country Mr Makawa claim his Fulani/hausa tribe is more that, 49 countries, And his fulani/hausa women had 16 million children in the last 15 years, which is more than 38 country in Africa, that look funny,

6 Sudan 40,187,486
7 Tanzania 36,766,356
8 Kenya 33,829,590
9 Morocco 32,725,847
10 Algeria 32,531,853
11 Uganda 27,269,482
12 Ghana 21,029,853
13 Mozambique 19,406,703
14 Madagascar 18,040,341
15 Côte d'Ivoire 17,298,040
16 Cameroon 16,380,005
17 Burkina Faso 13,925,313
18 Zimbabwe 12,746,990
19 Mali 12,291,529
20 Malawi 12,158,924
21 Niger 11,665,937
22 Zambia 11,261,795
23 Angola 11,190,786
24 Senegal 11,126,832
25 Tunisia 10,074,951
26 Chad 9,826,419
27 Guinea 9,467,866
28 Somalia 8,591,629
29 Rwanda 8,440,820
30 Benin 7,460,025
31 Burundi 6,370,609
32 Sierra Leone 6,017,643
33 Libya 5,765,563
34 Togo 5,681,519
35 Eritrea 4,561,599
36 Central African Republic 3,799,897
37 Liberia 3,482,211
38 Mauritania 3,086,859
39 Congo-Brazzaville 3,039,126
40 Namibia 2,030,692
41 Lesotho 1,867,035
42 Botswana 1,640,115
43 The Gambia 1,593,256
44 Guinea-Bissau 1,416,027
45 Gabon 1,389,201
46 Mauritius 1,230,602
47 Swaziland 1,173,900
48 Comoros 671,247
49 Equatorial Guinea 535,881
50 Djibouti 476,703
51 Cape Verde 418,224
52 Western Sahara (SADR) 273,008
53 São Tomé and Príncipe 187,410
54 Seychelles 81,188

Do you know in 1963 that the middle belt and the kanuri had just abit more population than Mr makawa people, But now Mr Makawa is claiming that his people are 42 million that the middle belt and the Kanuri are just 34 million, While his people live close to the desert, the others do not, Even satellite picture shows that the Middle belt and the Kanuri have more villages, town, and cities more than the Fulani/hausa, MY BROTHER WONDERS WOULD NOT END. It is well know fact the the fulani/hausa have the higest of children die in Nigeria, due to sickness. Also mr Makawa is claiming that Nobody died in the last 15 years,

IF they senate fail to reject the census figure they are laying a ground for a civil war, because in 2016, at the same population growth rate 1.32, Mr Makawa is claiming that his fulani/Hausa group would be 50% of Nigeria, In 1963, They were 18% of Nigeria, in 2006 Mr Makawa is claiming that the Fulani/hausa people are 30% of Nigeria . This is fraud and the senate need to reject it.

NigeriaONE are willing to fly an international expert to address the senate and show them the satellite picture of Nigeria and they can be a better judge of Mr Makawa census figure. Mr Makawa is a 419.

If you use the 1963 census to run a estimated population, Kastina state should be 4.1 million . Please note that why the fulani/hausa got far more than their population, The rest of Nigeria got less, here below is data if you use the 1963 figure at a population of 140 million,

Abia state 3.5 million
Ogun 4.4 million
Adamawa 3.7 million
taraba 2.7 millions
borno 4.7 million
Oyo state 8.0 million
yobe 2.7 million
benue 4.6 million
Ondo state 4.5 million
kwara state 3.1 million
cross river 3.8 million
osun state 4.7 million
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by justme3(m): 11:25am On Jan 14, 2007
lagos with a population of 9.1m,thats d most ridiculous thing i ve ever heard.Even without counting one can tell that lagos has a population of close to 15m,so i dn't know where they got their figures from
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Latoya(f): 12:46pm On Jan 14, 2007
I am not suprised Kano is more populated than lagos and i will tell you guys why. Kano state is as big as lagos in term of land mass but lagos is just over crowded, another thing is kano state is a commercial city, alot of people go there to do buisness , i mean real buisness. Men are allowed to marry more than one wives due to the religion,and when a man has up to 4 wives in a house, can u imagine how many kids will be in that household ? then talk of cousins, nephews, nieces, aunties, uncles and so on, and this is been going on for a while. Early marriage is also allowed in kano, kids are allowed to get married and start having kids as early as the age of 13 to 14. I hope you get the point the point now. Lagos isnt that big and its over crowded,so that doesnt mean the population will be higher than other states.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by archbishop(m): 9:56pm On Jan 14, 2007
My brother,
This is a pure case of 419.
Kano population is not more than Lagos.
What will make a person go to Kano.
People in Oshodi alone are more than the whole of Kano
grin grin grin grin
N.P.C, 419. cool cool
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 2:27am On Jan 15, 2007
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by rojen: 7:48am On Jan 15, 2007
ISHMAEL, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. ALL THAT YOU HAVE SAID IS THE TRUTH.

PLEASE IF YOU ARE DISPUTING AGAINST THE OUTCOME OF THE CENSUS FIGURE JUST

VISIT THE SAID STATE KANO AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 8:06am On Jan 15, 2007
I want to believe that one of the problems Lagos had was the problem of many people not having houses. A lot of people live under bridges and flyovers and some live in office environments. I feel those areas where not marked as potential enumeration areas and as such people outside marked EA's were not counted. But in kano the almajiris live in the same house or compound with their mallams and they were all counted there.
I strongly disagree with that of Katsina having more population than Oyo state. Lagos state should try and release the results of the parallel census they conduction alongside NPC, that will clear the air i believe.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by oluite(f): 11:47am On Jan 15, 2007
lagos has about 4.9millions houses.if only 3 people live in each house it will beat dat ridiculous figure and we all know more than 3 pple live in those house.Adjusting situations aand figures is not a new thing in Niaja.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Mazi(m): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2007
Na wa for u nigerians o!

This Kano/Lagos population figures have been consistent over the previous census conducted in Naija.

Then, we complained that since the North was in power, they were manipulating the figures.

Now in 2006, a Yoruba man is in power, the census was conducted with the assistance of the EU and DFID etc, computers were used for the first time, and even satellite images were used.

But still una no gree!

We forget that over 80% of people in Lagos are non indegenes of lagos, and infact are mostly Ibos.

Now most of these Ibos travelled back to their states of origin to be counted there, and the ones left in lagos refused to be counted as nigerians, insisting they are biafrans.

Then you complain that the figures were manipulated!

Na wa for una o!
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by oluite(f): 11:55am On Jan 15, 2007
Moreover the census figures states that males are more than females .which is just Funny.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Afam(m): 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2007
It is strange to note that apart from generalized statements like "Kano is a desert", "there are more than 4 million houses in Lagos", nothing concrete has been canvassed as a reason for us not to agree with the census results.

Why is Lagos not making public its own results at least to counter the ones released by NPC? Is Lagos state hiding something?

Again when you do the simplistic mathematics of 4 million houses times say 3 people we may be making a very big mistake because the houses may be offices as some residential homes do act as offices in Lagos.

So far, I have not seen any reason not to agree with the census result and Lagos state has an excellent opportunity to challenge the result by releasing its own results, afterall the census team in Lagos comprised of both Lagos State officials and the NPC.

I provided information twice when I was counted and when I queried them they told me that one is for Lagos State while the other was the federal one, NPC.

Let us hope and work towards a nation that will value facts as against rumours and sentiments that may be meaningless at the end of the day.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2007
@Afam, i'm always with you.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by IboMan1(m): 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2007
My people , this figure is obviously wrong.
I have being to Kano stayed in Kano with
exception of great land Mass encrouching into Jigawa
on one side I assure you its not possible to have such a figure.
In the past it has always being stated that the North are more in Number
after staying there for a year and touring the region from Kano to Gombe,Yobe Bauchi and other parts
i have come to the personal conclusion
its a hoax
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Jaybaba(m): 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2007
Kano definitely has a lot of people. I have been to Kano before and I reckon it should be Nigeria's second most populous city. But this result is a absolutely a hoax. I don't understand what they intend to gain by manipulating an obvious result. Lagos population should be somewhere between 11-12 million now. During the exercise, a lot of Lagosians were not counted including a council boss of Ejigbo and his family along with all the residents of his street.

The final figure is not even believable. I feel Nigeria should be over 150million. Though I have no facts to make such a claim, going by the growth rate of the last exercise, we should be well over 140. But for heaven's sake, why can't the NPC tell Nigerians & whoever wants to know the truth about our population?
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2007
Jaybaba:

Kano definitely has a lot of people. I have been to Kano before and I reckon it should be Nigeria's second most populous city. But this result is a absolutely a hoax. I don't understand what they intend to gain by manipulating an obvious result. Lagos population should be somewhere between 11-12 million now. During the exercise, a lot of Lagosians were not counted including a council boss of Ejigbo and his family along with all the residents of his street.

The final figure is not even believable. I feel Nigeria should be over 150million. Though I have no facts to make such a claim, going by the growth rate of the last exercise, we should be well over 140. But for heaven's sake, why can't the NPC tell Nigerians & whoever wants to know the truth about our population?

1. Rigging of the 2007 general elections
2. sharing of federal revenue er oil revenue!

With a population growth of 143%, some appologists have a lot of explaining to do. Apparently no one died in Kano and Jigawa over the last 15 yrs!
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by gidig(m): 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2007
The figures came up for discussion today on AIT and I learnt a few things about the whole thing. All experts say that the population figures beat logic but we still have to wait for the break down which is why the Lagos state government will not release their figures yet.

The break down Will state the enumeration areas and the figures that were counted there. If for instance a particular figure was ascribed to a certain area.The satelite images of the areas can be used to dispute it depending on the number of houses there.The Lagos State government has said that it has over 4.5 houses in Lagos.

The break down will get very interesting.In the past, there were no scientific means to make clarification but now, things are different. If the NPC, has anything to hide, the break down will never be released but if it is sincere about the results, the facts will prove them right or wrong.

All known assumption about human habitation and behaviour still state that Kano cannot have more people than Lagos.I am not from Lagos but this result is telling people that they are too daft to reason.Landmass? IF that is the logic, Sudan should have more people than Nigeria.

Study the west coast of Africa and you will see how people live along the coast where economic activities take place.The chances are that indigence of Kano will come to Lagos to trade than the indigence of Lagos going to Kano!
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Mariory(m): 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2007
davidylan:

With a population growth of 143%, some appologists have a lot of explaining to do. Apparently no one died in Kano and Jigawa over the last 15 years!

This is the part I don't understand. How someone can claim to be learned and will want to try to justify the census results as regards to Kano. it simply beats the imagination.
According to the census results, Kano is the best place to live in Nigeria. The life expectancy in Kano according to the figures will match that of countries in the West with a corresponding massive explosion in fertility rates. So they would have us believe over the last fifteen years, Kano has had the best medical facilities, best supply of food and water. Kano State has the highest standard of living in Nigeria (comparable with Western Countries).
Basically, according to the census, People don't die in Kano until they are in their late 70s and above. What the Hell?
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by buluti(m): 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2007
@ Afam and Ishmael thanx for your correction earlier on Kano in 1991 but my position still stands on the credibility of the results.

I still stand that demographics and migration points to the opposite direction and i maintain that accepting results without due logical explanations from a system that has never been credible is foolhardy. I agree that no matter the results someone somewhere would disagree and feel marginalised and with a system like ours the govt should thrive towards transparency aiming for it to be clear to all thereby making critics look simple. Its not like theres anything we can do but it would be good for the government to take things and critics seriously and know that people would challenge them, we need encourage them (govt) to get their act together and attempt to explain the deviations, then we can begin to take them seriously.

@ Ishmael your views on thinking inside the box and analysing inside the box is good as you are entitled to your opinion one just wonders how difficult it is to look and analyse inside a box, the outside environment and how it affects the box is what some consider difficult and for purposes of clarification i am not forcing anybody to agree with me, i decide not to be simple in my views. My rejection or disagreement of the census result is not out of sentiments or popular views it is becos it just doesnt make logic to me, if you think it is right it is okay and again its a democracy thats the beauty.

@ Afam you have made a good analysis of the issue of houses in Lagos and it does meets logic so using house numbers though can give an idea of population it will greatly be misleading. However i disagree with you that its sentiments and the only concrete evidence are mere statements are the only concrete evidence, my rejection is as a result of economics,populations, migrations and demography (which are at opposite ends with the result) i understand well and believe me i do know what am talking about up at least for now at masters level (phd soon). There are simple tests that can be carried out to test the significant levels of the results and using the rule of thumb the results have failed thats what i base my rejection on, but the beauty is that even if it fails that doesnt make it wrong there should be explanations why it doesnt conform to literature and so far that has not been provided.

Also note the reason Lagos State is not declaring its results is because it will be conceived as an inconstitutional act. See the link below from this day.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=68055
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 15, 2007
buluti:

Also note the reason Lagos State is not declaring its results is because it will be conceived as an inconstitutional act. See the link below from this day.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=68055

Thanks for clearing this issue mr. buluti. For all those appologists screaming that Lagos should announce its own census results as if it is an autonomous state!
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Christino(m): 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2007
@ Topic,

No doubt they've counted the north + rams shocked What in the world do they want us to believe.

Alimosho local government territory houses about 4 million lagosians let alone the other parts of Lagos. We need more space to the extent that the borders are occupied, the lagoon, the ocean front, even Ogun state is complaining of encroachment. Traffic is as heavy as ever. But let's leave all these speculations.

Lagos was a former FCT, is a dumping ground for any kind of product worldwide, is a target for fresh investors (there's hardly a company in Nigeria without its major branch or HQ in Lagos, VI especially), has more employment opportunities than anywhere else (centre of excellence).
All these yarns that a man has 10 wives and 600 kids is all but falacy they musta counted the cattle and their unborn calves as well as eggs of chickens angry, if that was the case, then places like Kenya, Togo and Sudan should tripple nigeria's population. Lagos competes with the likes of Mumbai, Cairo and Bangalore in terms of population density but I honestly believe the results are just too fake. Even international bodies will begin to doubt.

Another implication that all these Governmental organizations are b**ches.

INEC is the next "joker" as this one is just an[b] indication of how the elections will go[/b], get ready for another shock result (INEC are experts at inflating results grin)
IMOO, lagos has nothing less than 17 million "permanent" residents and maybe another 6 million temporary residents, this result is just a Joke or another means of getting more allocation to the north.

Let them keep decieving themselves, a fowl knows how many chickens she hatched from her eggs.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Christino(m): 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2007
Africa's 50 most populous cities:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_populous_cities_in_Africa

But i'll list the first 50:

City Country City Population Urban Area Population Urban Area Rank (World) City Population Rank (World) Urban Area Rank (Africa) City Population Rank (Africa)
Lagos Nigeria 8,029,200 9,123,200 27 15 2 1
Cairo Egypt 7,764,700 15,546,100 10 17 1 2
Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo 6,301,100 7,527,500 5 24 3 3
Alexandria Egypt 3,806,300 4,345,800 62 39 6 4
Casablanca Morocco 3,344,300 3,344,300 95 49 11 5
Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire 3,310,500 3,972,300 70 51 7 6
Kano Nigeria 3,248,700 3,519,500 88 53 10 7
Ibadan Nigeria 3,078,400 3,670,400 78 54 9 8
Cape Town South Africa 2,686,000 3,086,600 107 62 12 9
Addis Ababa Ethiopia 2,638,500 2,638,500 132 67 16 10
Giza Egypt 2,541,000 2,541,000 140 74 17 11
Nairobi Kenya 2,510,800 3,043,100 108 76 13 12

As you can see from here, Kano trippling it's growth rate to topple lagos is "unthinkable" and "unpredictably false" shocked
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2007
No matter how you paint 419 , 419 is till 419,  A thief is a thief,  pen thief or arm robber,

Lagos is more populated than kano, and satellite picture have shown it,  We should be talking on how Makawa should be arrested and not if the figure are correct.

And their is nothing that i know that says any state can not conduct its censu,  It just says only NPC can conduct NATIONAL census,  What the state need to do is go ahead and conduct their census and present it,  With them running the names and picture of resident in a book . as long as you have name and picture that can be verified mr makawa can take his figure to his villages,  that is enough prove for the court and Nigeria. This is the only way this state can defend democracy.  If people cheat you and you let them go, they would come back and do it again. This is the time to stop the cheating.  The state can create state ID like is done anywhere in the world in any democratic country,  All the state need to do is create state ID and they would have their census. State in the USA and other country have access to inform of their resident ,  they all have resident card,  that way they know who lives in their state,  They can do it in the next one month,  It is not hard to do.

Mr Makawa is a joke,  from falsified the census figure, I can imagine how much he must of stolen from the commission, if any one have sure information of contract award please paste it on the internet.  or email MAKAWAfraud@nigeriaONE.com   we would send it to the EFCC this man need to be investigated. Bank account abroad , land he owns,  how much he is worth after the census. If he lied about the census figure , he also must have lied about NPC account,  If you work in a bank and you have access to sure thing please share it with Nigerian. It is our duty to defend Nigeria from men like Makawa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Dethronement: Security Operatives Storm Kano Emir’s Palace (photos) / Saraki Buys New N330million Cars / Full-Text Of Coronavirus Address By President Buhari (with Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.