Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (81350 Views)

Cross River State Has Not Banned Devotion In Schools –SSG / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Nigeria Has Largest Student Population In Us – Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by buluti(m): 11:56am On Jan 17, 2007
@ xopher thanx for the piece and you raised a good issue which OBJ raised the population should be productive, i just wonder where the productivity currently is and why it is like that.

Having read the article i can see he is a learned man but since he is responding to critics he conveniently avoids certain pertinent issues. If we can lay hold on the articles by the critics it would help as well. AN article written by a third party maybe foreigner would make better reading.

A summary of his write up points to land mass vis a vis population densities and the antedant misconception that can arise. In addition he dwelled deeply on the topography of northern Nigeria explaining that the savannah is more habitable highlighting high food production. In addition he talked about economic activites.

These are good points but he conveniently avoided analysing the prevalence of diseases and how it affects populations and didnt include other factors such as the tolerance fo natives, education and the effect of urbanisation in growing populations.

I would like to write a piece in response to him but that would be belated. His analysis could have explained the 1963 census results and not the 1991 or 2006. The food production issue does hold as mechanised farming has made that irrelevant.

He also avoided stating the advantages of the rain forest using the amazon in Brazil as an example of disadvantae he has ignored the pecularities and how the West African rain forest differs, in West Africa the main habitations do not live on swampy areas and where they do they have adapted (the Ijaws for example) build houses in the water and have lived for centuries. In his analysis of ages of populations i dare say he is mosinformed, he avoids issues, these settlements have been there for centuries.

Economic activities as he admits is high in the south as well but he avoids analysing where the distribution of economic activities is higher, remove Kano and say Kaduna he needs to inform us of more commercial centrs . We have Lagos, Onitsha, Aba, then the attractions of places like PH, Eket, Cross River etc then the west (Ibadan, Abeokuta)etc.

I dare say that his analysis does not give a true representation of the issues since he has avoided the life threathening factor that affects population "prevalence of diseases" and also the tolerance of natives.

The prevalence and treating of disease could aversely affect populations in geometric progressions, it could wipe out settlements, and this were one of the factors the colonial masters considered while settling in colonies. The choice of Lagos as administrative head was not by mistake, they would have preferred the north but it wasnt habitable at the time. This theory has been established by Acemologu, Johunson & Robinson (AJR:2001). AJR looks at how factors affected the institutions the colonial masters left behind stating that in areas where diseases where prominent they set up temporary structures hence affecting the institutions that were created. They further expalin that this institutions affected the economic growth. Its actually a good reasoning on why Africa is experiencing growth issues. Other researches have also extablished this Hall & Jones (1999), Glaeser (2004).

This write up used analysis of 1970's and its okay but it doesnt explain the current day pecularities in African growth and populations.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Mariory(m): 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2007
buluti:

I dare say that his analysis does not give a true representation of the issues since he has avoided the life threatening factor that affects population "prevalence of diseases".

Thank you. No one can yet explain how Kano has achieved a low mortality to high fertility rate while maintaining the highest (non-third world) standard of living in the country. If we are to believe the census results, I sure would like to know how they accomplished such a feat.
No one can yet explain how Lagos in the same period has achieved a high mortality to low fertility rate while maintaining a "Nigerian" standard of living. Am I correct in assuming Lagos has more functioning Hospitals?
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 4:16pm On Jan 17, 2007
Demo what,  The man is written what Oyigbo call BS. How on eart would the fulani/hausa have 16 million children in 15 years,  this women never did any thing for 15 years,  Their husband never went to work,  16 million ko, 16 million children in 15 years,  tell that to fools,  ,  Just 419, 

I would first of say mr Makawa was not well qualified to conduct a census. I don't care what degree he as,  Is appointment was not based on merit.

2 . Some said that Lagos have not released their census , Lagos have 18 million, which is more reliable than MR makawa figure. I was born in lagos and i know lagos very well. And i know from maths that lagos is about 18 million,
Why do I agree with the lagos figure,  because I know that their are more than 7000 street in lagos,  check NigeriaONE to see the list of street in Lagos,  http://www.nigeriaone.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=1f2823a986d4637c53357df642ce38c6&board=22.0 and apart from Victoria Island and Ikoyi areas,  most Nigerian in Lagos live in face me and face you,  only 5% don't not,    So what I would do is also to say that the number of street with no face me and face house and govt building is 10%.

. So 90% of 7000 is 6300 street were you have face you and face me,  ok, now I remove 300 street again,  and use 6000 street to do my calculation,

In each house in the face you and face me house,  they have at least 10 room,   with one man and wife and 3 children = total housewhole is 5,

Now each street have at least 50 house,  In most case more than 50 and have storey building of many level,  I would assume that lagos do not have any storey build in this calculation,  which is not possible,

to get the population of a single house ,  5 per room  X 10 room, = 50 persons per house,

On a street   50 houses per street,  X 50 persons per house give you= 2500 person per street,

To get the total of lagos 6000 street X 2500 = 15,000,000  Dont not forget( some houses have story building),    This is the minimum population Lagos can be,

NOTE: This calculation is based on no storey building in Lagos and 1000 street do not have human living in them, 

So you can see that Mr Makawa as to go jail for trying to cheat the people of Lagos and Nigeria, 

3,  Someone ask me why is this so passionate to me,  Here is  my answer I have family in Nigeria,  And I have seen the satellite figure,  If lagos need help,  I would help them get all the satellite picture of Nigeria and even get all the satellite picture of Kano and the kano state govt can have a representative if they want,  and Mr Makawa NPC can have a representative, 

And from the satellite picture ,  I would extract all the villages, towns, and cities in Kano state,  from the satellite picture and create a puzzle like program ,  And every village, Town and cities would be pasted into lagos and their would still be space,  I throw this challenge to MR Makawa,  And his NPC,  I would write the software and do the coding  while they are there,   And least if they see how many times all the villages, town and cities in Kano state( NOT KANO CITY) can fit into Lagos state,  Mr Makawa would shut up, 
And I am willing to do that for all the state to show that Mr Makawa is a lier. It is people like Mr Makawa that have cause people from other part of Nigeria to hate the fulani/hausa tribal because they want to cheat other to create superior group in Nigeria by false means,

Another reason why? is that I can see something that some of you can not see, as an engineer,  the maths involve,  I can see thing that president Obasanjo can not see,  you see if they allow Mr Makawa to get away with this crime,  In 2016 , the census would put the fulani/hausa as 50% of Nigeria,  and I read president Obasanjo saying no one can break Nigeria,  I beg to disagree with the president,  It is possible,  There is a limit you can cheat people and at a point,  when they react,  they would kill their fear,  And would destroy anything in their way, 

And I know that 90% of Nigerian abroad are from the south with a total net asset of over $ 500 Billion ( based on $250,000 per every family living abroad). So you can imagine the power people would play in the break,  at least western union shows we send $2.3 billion dollar home last year. Not to talk of technology skill we have,  It would take less than 24 hours to kill everybody in kano,  by 5 person with the right skill mr president,   It would take less than 500 people to kill everybody in the north,  it is the new age military skill which nigeria military do not have. With money and skill, it is possible sir.

President Obasanjo, should know that if dada can not fight, dada have brothers that can.

If we want to develop like other country people like Mr makawa who believed that fraud is the only way most give way,  if not all effort would be wasted,   the only way nigeria can success is to start telling the truth,  this is the only way we would develop,  Without any Accurate census Nigeria would not develop,  Why, Accurate census form the base for databased  to be use by banks , engineering,  even buy a house. without good census,  it is a waste,  buy a car on credit,  have a better tax system,  GET YOUR CENSUS RIGHT AND the sky is the limite for Nigeria,   but all this have mr makawa destroy.

here are figure when you use 1963 estimate to project the 2006 census,  using the former 19 state,

2006 census  2006 census(est from 1963)  different
Bauchi   7,030,344     5,984,122                  +1,046,222
Kaduna   11,859,140  10,222,876                  +1,636,264
Niger   3,950,249    2,742,722                   +1,207,527
Rivers   6,888,758    4,238,753                   +2,650,005

Cross River 6,809,174   8,726,845                  -1,917,671
Gongola    5,468,837   6,482,799                  -1,013,962
Imo   6,768,898   9,100,853                  -2,331,955
Ogun   3,728,098  4,464,746                   -736,648
Ondo   5,825,236  6,856,807                   -1,031,571
Oyo   9,015,124  12,965,599                  -3,950,475

because most people do not want break up,  but if it is the last option when cheating do not stop. people would take their life into their hand,  If you assume only president Obasanjo is the only southerner, then you wrong, 

Who worked in census. ask those who worked for NPC apart from Makawa, no other person knew what the figure was, at least MR PRESIDENT claim so,  So no other person was there when mr makawa was make up the figure,  Let mr makawa name 2 people that where there when he falsified the figures,

On why I was not involve, you only get involve if you are invited by them. you don't push yourself. Can we do it,  You must be joking,  Do you think it is the shakabula that your Nigeria army have that would stop technology. we do not have a strong army,  them don eat all military money finish,   during IBB and abacha govt,  Ask any military what they know apart from bull poor citizen,   War nowadays  does not need you to shoot gun. Nigeria army can only shoot gun,  I know what is on my mind,  And i would not tell over the internet,   It would kill everybody in kano in 24 hrs,  I donot have time , have a nice days.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2007
You be real mumu; olodo!! Just dey copy & paste nonsense for us, with wrong analyses. you dey even talk of war; if you see riot you go stand?? not to talk of war. NPC's Boss name is Samaila Makama and not Makawa. Correct your selves please. NPC said there are more people in Kano state than Lagos state and you people are taking it personal. You people should understand that he is not saying that there are more hausa and fulani people than other tribes. for God's sake ethnicity or tribe was not included in the census questionnaire. Ok, if you were counted were you asked about your tribe?? Most of the people that make up the population in Lagos state are not yorubas and most of the people that make up the population in Kano are not hausas or fulanis. Sabon-Gari for example in Kano is dominated by southerners and is the commercial nerve of Kano. I beg shelve that your war plans for corner.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2007
The same post he had up there is been pasted all over Nigeria website,  that why I did,  It is a propagada war,   You people are just running propagada,  The census is BS.
When did the igbo return back to sabon gida after all the years they killed them,  Igbo have all move away from kano,  stop fooling people,  How many Southerner stay in the 9 fulani/hausa state. I have lived in the North too,  So please do not come here and give us that propagada that you have been pasting all over every Nigeria website,   There are not up to 1,000,000 southerner in this area.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Christino(m): 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2007
@ Nigeria1

Don't forget that NPC added up the flies, eggs, groundnuts, tomatoes, cattle and cow dungs grin and subtracted that total from Lagos. shocked
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Ambber(f): 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2007
Kano state has the highest population in Nigeria just as Elephants fly and the eskimos are found in the sahara desert.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by oksanaz(m): 5:04pm On Jan 18, 2007
IN EVERY RUMOUR THERE IS AN ATOM OF TRUTH, lets take is like tht but we no gree ooooooooooooo.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by illiest(m): 8:39am On Jan 19, 2007
b]U guys should please stop the argument,the truth is there ahhha,abeg shh!!!(HISS) lets be factual

first of all Lagos is far larger than the people in Kano, Lagos is like 15 millon and above.

what makes a place populated?the biz environ,lagos has the largest number of branches from banks,blue chip

companies,oil companies,Mama poot,tourist areas like the beaches,cinemas,other joints,media houses,primary

schools,secondary schools,universities, Oshodi market,Alaba int market,Alaba suru,Aspamda,Balogun old and

new,idumota,ladipo,Vespa,palms,galleria,mile12,(MARKETS) \o/

kANO can never be close to Lagos in this life,its not even upto PH.

Then Jigawa,kaduna,bauchi,borono,sokoto,Niger,kastina all those states are not as populated as ABUJA, and

Abuja is about 1mill, which is a bit factual.Anambra,Imo,Abia,Enugu,Ebonyi,PH, are more than what was giving.

Only an insane person will believe such result.i have been to the north there is nothing there,just land,trees and

wild life.This result will never be correct if revenue is allocated according to population.it should be according to

what u generate.every state should take what they generate and the federal govt should collect a proportional

tax of say 40% . \o/
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Afam(m): 10:22am On Jan 19, 2007
@buluti,

@ Afam here we go again you still are calling demography and migration theories sentiments and biased, am not an engineer but in the social sciences when a pattern is established over different samples it is construed as a theory, the higher the price the lower the quantity demanded is sentiments: is it? and also its like differentiating 7x squared getting 14x and calling it sentiments, when something can be empirically verified it can be regarded as a theory not sentiments. I really don't know what you call verifiable reason? the onus is the other way around, the NPC is the one that should be proving not the critics.

I don't know how you came about the conlusion you reached above unless you are deliberately trying misinform anyone.

Demography and migration theories cannot be a substitute for actual measurement in anything for that matter not just a census.

Emerical analysis, postulations, inter/intrapolations are carried out as a guide and that is when actual data isn't available.

That you are willing to discard an actual data collected in favour of theories and non factual computations beats my imagination silly.

And it is not the duty of INEC to prove that the critics are wrong, it is the duty of the critics to prove that INEC is wrong and thus far, nothing concrete has been said as to why the INEC results should be discarded in favour of any alternative result.

For your information, there is nothing unconstitutional for any state to conduct its own head count for the sole purpose of using it for the development of the state.

That you are excusing or labeling the act itself unconstitutional, maybe to provide cover for the unwillingness of Lagos state to release the result is at best deceiving and unfortunate.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 11:09am On Jan 19, 2007
illiest:

Then Jigawa,kaduna,bauchi,borono,sokoto,Niger,kastina all those states are not as populated as ABUJA

You well so?? your name suggest that you are ill. How can Abuja be more populated than kaduna??
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by gidig(m): 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2007
I wondered why Lagos state did not realease its figures from the parallel census is conducted but I have been informed that it will not do so for strategic reasons as they will have to wait for the break down where the anomalies will be detected.As I suspected, the break down will be released months after the election.

A few pointers though;if the number of immunized children between 0-5 years old in Lagos stands at 3 million, how in the decent world did Lagos have a total figure of 9 million?

If there are 26,000 divisions in Lagos for the census, the average figure for each area according to the biggest joke in Nigeria's history.These are times I wished Fela were alive.It will really make a very interesting album.

People.let us reason. Lagos alone consumes about 50% of the energy generated in Nigeria.I know we are passionate about where we come.I am not from Lagos but some things are just not easy to lie about.

Nigeria is the sore thumb in the world now. All over the world, places of great economic activity attract the most people.It is just a fact of life! The people behind these figures will not release the break down.once the figure has served its purpose, it will be forgotten and the next government will conduct another census.

Census figures should not be dramaatically different from the others we have had in the past.How come Lagos got the most INEC registration machines? most vaccines?even the census itslef was a logistic hell in Lagos and the Lagos state government had to bail out the NPC from the shame of a census that was almost predetermined.

Theis sham will be seen for what it is.let them release the braek donw if they can.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Afam(m): 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2007
Wonders shall never end.

So the reason for Lagos State not releasing its own result is not the issue of unconstitutionality again?

Now, the new song is that it is waiting for the break down.

Put differently, what is unconstitutional now to release will automatically become constitutional when it goes into detail with the break down.

Nigeria, I hail thee with the type of conspiracy theories, rumours, assumptions or misinformation.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Mariory(m): 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2007
@gidig
I guarantee none of those defending the results for Kano and Lagos will speak on the logical, scientific, or mathematical points raised against the results. Check the thread. Not one has any answer to how this anomaly is possible. If this happened in Nature, we would be calling it a mutation, a freak of nature, abnormal etc.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 19, 2007
simple question to the appologists in the house: Is it possible for Kano and Jigawa states alone to have a 143% growth rate in 15 yrs? Did no one die in 15 yrs? Not even the USA can boast of such "amazing" statistics
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2007
No need to agrue over this we counted the number of houses in Ibadan and kano from satellite picture ,  so tell me again if mr Makama is not a lier.

from satellite picture     Ibadan houses are 375,000  +- 20,000

Kano has 111,000   +- 20,000

Port harcourt 70,000   +- 20,000

So even Ibadan cities is more populated than kano cities,  If mr Makama doubt the figure we are willing to count it along with him, 

so if Ibadan has 375,000 house and they have 4 room in a house and a man , his wife and 1 children , 3 people per household ,   

each house would have 3 x 4 = 12 people in a house.

12 X 375,000 = 4,500,000 

4.5 million  would be about the minimum population of Ibadan.    This is even close to the  population Mr Makama  gave oyo state,

if you doubt my figure please count for yourself from the satellite picture below how many houses in Ibadan and kano cities ,    even though mr Makama can lie, PICTURES DO NOT LIE.

I think we have population problem in Nigeria,

This is Ibadan from satellite,  you can compare it to kano
http://wikimapia.org/#y=7380000&x=3930000&z=15&l=0&m=s

Kano satellite picture.
http://wikimapia.org/#y=12000000&x=8520000&z=13&m=s
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Christino(m): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2007
@ Nigeria1

Permit me to say that you have made the biggest mistake on Nairaland shocked

How dare you count the houses in Kano?

Flies don't live in houses, neither do cattle. Groundnuts abound in storage media and you are talking houses?

About 7 million Kano residents live underground, some live in the water, others are invisible shocked.

Flies live in the toilets and goats in barns, didn't your sattelite pick those, are they not Kano residents as released by Makama?

Please get your facts right ok? grin

@ Makama faithfuls, are you with me? don't mind Nigeria1, he's only hating, he wants a share of Makama's "money" grin let's accept this result with an open mind, animals are part of the world aren't they?

Abi na today yansh dey for back?

THey have said that Kano is more populated than Lagos, we have more Men than women, Lagos has more goats than Sokoto. . . . E don do! cool
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2007
You must be joking, this people have attacked our server at NigeriaONE , check it, They just want this falsified figure to go thru the senate by all means. they dont care for the truth. This guys are mean, I would not give up, Tell Makama and his friends. I would give up. The whole world would know the truth,
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Afam(m): 9:39am On Jan 20, 2007
nigeria1:

You must be joking, this people have attacked our server at NigeriaONE , check it, They just want this falsified figure to go through the senate by all means. they don't care for the truth. This guys are mean, I would not give up, Tell Makama and his friends. I would give up. The whole world would know the truth,

Please, get yourself a more reliable server or better still get a dedicated server and stop talking about anyone attacking your server as that may be seeking for cheap publicity.

The satellite pictures you are talking about, do you know anything about the date the pictures were taken?
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by xopher: 9:58am On Jan 20, 2007
Region              TFR                % of women who are pregnant*

North Central        5.7                                        9.4
North East             7.0                                        14.2
North West            6.7                                        16.2
South East             4.1                                        6.8
South South           4.6                                        9.0
South West            4.1                                        6.0

* Ages 15-49

Source:  N.P.C and ORC Macro, Nigeria Demographic and Health Survey 2003 (2004)

TFR (Total Fertilty Rate) is the average number of children a woman will have during her lifetime. From the above it is clear that with the current rate of population explosion, Northern population explosion will continue unless Family Planning initiatives are introduced.

For those pepole doubting Kano State Population the next census in 10-15 years will even confuse them more given the rate of reproduction in the North.

According to data from PRB's 2005 World Population Data sheet, if Nigeria's North East zone were a separate country, its TFR of 7.0 would be tied for the fourth-highest in the world - behind only Niger (8.0) Guinea Bissau (7.1) and Mali (7.1). Nearly one in every six women ages 15-49 in that zone were pregnant in 2003.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 11:15am On Jan 20, 2007
You are funny, your sources of information is Mr Makama Nigeria population commission, you are really funny, we are saying that mr Makama figures are wrong, you now went to look for another Mr Makama figure to claim that fulani/hausa are rate, that is impossible, I have live in th north, thier women do not have children like pig, first NPC can make any claim,

Ok, then explain satellite picture that shows that Ibadan have 3 times more houses than kano, Or do us a favour and count the number of houses and tell us your figure, If mr makama claim Kano is so populated, at least this so call population live in houses, Do not they live somewhere, or everybody in kano live on the street, there are just 111,000 +- 20,000 house to Ibadan 375,000 +- 20,000, so explain it why kano have less houses, Or wind blow us the houses, stop defending a lie, If Kano want my allocation, they should and not use population as an excuse,

This is Ibadan from satellite, you can compare it to kano
http://wikimapia.org/#y=7380000&x=3930000&z=15&l=0&m=s

Kano satellite picture.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by xopher: 4:19am On Jan 21, 2007
Look at the scales at the bottom, 1 mi/2km . the views shown immediately do not capture more than 100 square kilometers.

The scales of the Ibadan map is also smaller.

Yet, the area of Kano State is over 20,131 sq. km.

The date of the map ?
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 5:14am On Jan 21, 2007
If that so much bother you,  I have change it ,  see it again. it is the same scale now,     don't forget that Oyo state have more land space 28,000  than kano state and their are more villages, cities, and town in oyo state, really their are 2136 in oyo state compare to just about 1100  in kano,  Satellite picture show that Oyo state is far far more populated than Kano state, see below, the senate should cancel the result.

Ibadan

http://wikimapia.org/#y=7379661&x=3904095&z=13&l=0&m=s

Kano satellite picture.

Someone send me an email,  Look the issue is not about tribe, Please when i use the word fulani/hausa, it does not mean I hate them,  but I am only using the figure Mr Makama gave them as example, 

And why is this figure important that we know the real census figure, 

1 Tax,  by mr makama claim that lagos is less than 18 million, which lagos is about,  9 million people would not pay tax in lagos and they would get away with it. For putting addition number in some state where really people do not live, he allows for fraud, so that people can use those name for fraud, even in the banking system.

2,  Electricity: for Nepa or what ever name they have now to plan for 9 million while really they should plan for 18 million,

3 Banks,  With good census figure and accurate census figure the banks can borrow every nigeria,  And what mr makama did is bring Nigeria backward to about 10 years,  even his fulani/hausa tribe that he is trying to defend,  would suffer for this because they would not be able to buy car or a house on credit,  and pay later, 

If the federal govt give me the right to collect information of the citizenship card, voter registration and census I can build a larger database that would generate more that 2 trillion naira for the govt each years,  How you may ask? I don leave abroad to long to know what Nigeria can do and become very develop country in just 4 years,   I don become Oyigbo. we do not need census every 10 years , if they gave me that right, we do not need every years voter register, and I would make it possible for every Nigerian to buy a house without or with credit, and also buy his or her own car on credit,  and send their children to any university they like,    This is what software engineers do,  and i would link all local govt and federal offices.

I can go on and on,  census are so important,   so please do not take me as a hater, it is just that mr makama decision affect alot in our life,  What he did would make the children of Nigeria to suffer for many years North /south /fulani/hausa or yoruba,  all would suffer. I am sorry I am a born again christian, so I feel for you people in Nigeria, how you all suffer for what is your right all because of men like makama who do not want Nigeria to progress and do not care for the poor,   I know how to make Nigeria a develop nation,   Look I was part of someone bid for the mayor of 3 rd biggest city in North america, really I wrote the  that person manifesto and plan,  the city health budget is more than Nigeria whole budget. How do you think we feel when we live abroad and sometime help other country to make their country better, while our country people are suffering just because of men like mr makama, who do not want progress.  I stop praying for God to give me food on my table because over here we do not pray sure a pray,  because they have made that possible,  here nobody pray to God for Nepa to bring light or pray to God for manything you people have to . because of good leadership,  and I think mr makama is a wicked man to destroy the chance for nigerian to live good life.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2007
dozman where u
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2007
What do you want me to say?. . .You're right about the downside of a bad census.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2007
hi, so now from you seen the picture of kano and ibadan ,what do you now think about the mr makama census figure.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 21, 2007
Pictures don't count people, I do not agree with you and Makama.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 9:32pm On Jan 21, 2007
Check the result of the June 12 election, you would see that it follow satellite picture. the state without population could not find people to rent for that election. even kaduna state is more populated than kano state,

But People live in Houses, only people live in a house, were there is no houses , you do not have people period,   Have you ever heard of Malthus theory of population?  Mr Makama census figure does not follow it,  Mr makama census figure is the only census figure in the world that does not follow this science theory,  No other country population is against this law,  even Niger, mali, chad , cameroon and other country around the fulani/hausa, even  other Nigeria group like the Kanuri and Middle belt follow this theory?  can you please ask Mr makama to explain it.  Even satellite picture show that mr makama figure are wrong, 

You see the higher the temperature above normal temperature the lower the population, 
the further away from a desert the more the population.  The less the rain fall rate the lower the population, 

One of his law state that  population level is severely limited by subsistence closer to the desert lower the subsitence level. 

Mr Makama is a magician.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 21, 2007
Well I do not wish to argue in favour of this ridiculous census but it might interest you to note that the fastest growing populations are all Islamic countries. They reproduce without discretion for whatever reason so the Fulani/Hausa pop. growth rate might not be all that ridiculous if you also take into account that lots of SE live up there. Nigeria has grown by 141.37% in the past 36 years, maybe that has something to do with our economic problems?. . .hmm!

Well take a look at the figures here: http://www.os-connect.com/pop/p2.asp?sort=1970

http://www.os-connect.com/pop/p2.asp?sort=pcinc30yr

Again notice how muslim countries dominate the Growth/Birth rates.
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 5:28am On Jan 22, 2007
not truth when it comes to Nigeria, at least satellite picture does not show it,  But kwara , borno,oyo,ogun, osun, kogi are all muslim too, why did they not see the jump, in kwara men with single wife are in the minority.

And Now I ask explain why is it that Ondo state never had increase in population while satellite picture show ondo is more populated than katsina state,  which have just 899 villages and towns compare to 1826 villages and town in Ondo state,  May be you have an explaination for this too,
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by nigeria1: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2007
Look at this figure what is wrong, compare with the fulani/hausa state, which have small land and also small number of villages but Mr Makama claim they are OVER populated, with the middle belt and kanuri , which have more land and more villages and town, but Mr makama claim they are LESS populated,

Sokoto land 25,973 population 3,696,999 no of villages,towns 492
Kebbi land 36,800 population 3,238,628 no of villages,towns 625
Jigawa land 23,154 population 4,348,649 no of villages,towns 835
Katsina land 24,192 population 5,792,578 no of villages,towns 889
Kano land 20,131 population 9,383,682 no of villages,towns 1133

Middle belt and kanuri
Adamawa land 36,917 population 3,168,101 no of villages,towns 1488

Kwara land 36,825 population 2,371,089 no of villages,towns 3048

Plateau land 30,913 population 3,178,712 no of villages,towns 1258

Kogi land 29,833 population 3,278,487 no of villages,towns 1947

Benue land 34,059 population 4,219,244 no of villages,towns 1 848

Borno land 70,898 population 4,151,193 no of villages,towns 1094

remember Jos,ilorin and makurdi is bigger dutse and hadeija, this is just fraud,
Re: Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? by ishmael(m): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2007
Stop disturbing your self with census figures analysis. if you want to challenge the results go to National ASSEMBLY and ask dem to reject the census result, short and simple. No worry people again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Dethronement: Security Operatives Storm Kano Emir’s Palace (photos) / Projects Of Governor Godwin Obaseki In Edo In Pictures / Saraki Buys New N330million Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.