Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) (58682 Views)

Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / Shiite Members Storm Church In Jos, Celebrate Pastor's 50th Birthday With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
Kingspin:
So you don't know that those killing in South Kaduna were hired and paid? Ask gov El ru fail!
Are you asking me or you are telling me.
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
abdulbnyusuf:

if Allah wish he will show u the truth and if he don't, he will leave u in darkness

Gbam
With less anger and more tolerance more people will convert to Islam .
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
Jacobx007:
U become a terrorist because of something u merely read in a book, u become a suicide bomber because of what you read in a book, U slaughter another human being because of a book, no CONCRETE proof, sometimes just because ur parents are Muslims. Wat makes u special from other people? People who are far intelligent in all spheres of life, I tire for some muslims fa!! !!!!!
Interestingly if you convert today dont think your life will be any easier. to them you are still an infidel. In Hausa they will call you 'tubbabe' which is convertee. You are below the normal muslim you are not fit in some cases to be called a muslim
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by Whytelyon(m): 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
hammerT:
ALL TERRORIST ORGANISATION HAVE SUNNI ORIGIN.

AL QAEDA, AL SHABAAB, BOKO HARAM, ISIS, ANSAR DINE ETC

ARE ALL SUNNI MUSLIMS.

Hezbolah is Shia. Although they rebel for a cause not like ISIS / IsiL.

2 Likes

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by ringi82(m): 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.. That's what's playing out.

1 Like

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by Empiree: 9:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
validstar1:
What kind of hateful statement is this?? I've learnt to be careful of Muslims, their violence is so unpredictable. Why are u calling Christian worship "rituals" when it's so obvious that Muslim worship starting from their ablutions look ritualistic... Learn to respect the religion of others and stop spewing irritating words.
Excuse me?, what's violence in my post?. Are you not aware of definition of RITUAL?.

Yes, ablution in islam is also called "ritual". So what's disrespectful in my post?.

Here is definition of RITUAL by google

rit·u·al
ˈriCH(əw)əl/
noun
plural noun: rituals
a religious or solemn ceremony consisting of a series of actions performed according to a prescribed order.
"the ancient rituals of Christian worship"

the prescribed order of performing a ceremony, especially one characteristic of a particular religion or church.
synonyms: ceremony, rite, ceremonial, observance; More
a series of actions or type of behavior regularly and invariably followed by someone.
"her visits to Joy became a ritual"

https://www.google.com/search?q=rituals&rlz=1CASMAE_enUS679US679&oq=rituals&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It seems you only earned high school certificate without knowing how and why. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by eolafao: 9:30pm On Dec 27, 2016
Most of my friends while in school are Muslim and they are good people... We celebrate Xmas together...
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by Laid2001: 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
TOLERANT of them!!!!!

GEJ killed three of Zakzaky's kids and they did not even block the COAS way for him to do that then!!!!

greenermodels:
when they were voting for buhari and el rufai,they forgot that a Christian called [b]goodluck Jonathan was very tolerant [/b]of them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by gidjah(m): 9:33pm On Dec 27, 2016
is it because their brother failed them na wash!!
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by degamemaster(m): 9:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
Anywhere you see a sunni muslim, be certain you have seen one the terrorists. Shiites are troublesome but as much as sunni wahhabeasts. Buhari is a terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by Whytelyon(m): 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2016

Y'all know why am laughing? It's the same thing happening in Iraq and Syria that's repeating itself in Nigeria now. Yezidi and Shia going to church to worship with christians and in the end became christians. Yet religion of peace calls us demons? Are we really demons? Are we?

Sometimes it's always best to come close to know the person you castigate. Its a good thing every one is beginning to know and see Islam, the good in it, and it's wrongs.

I shout Hallelujah! I thank God anyways.

Merry Xmas y'all!

1 Like

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by rabex123(m): 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

you guys should stop generalizing. Muslims are not homogeneous as you have always imagined or the Western media would want to paint Muslims as one big bulk of the same people.

Shia Muslims join in felicitating with Christians during Christmas. Sunni Wahhabi preachers are the ones who keep hammering that Christmas is a sin and it is forbidden to wish Christians on Christmas. Wahhabi preachers even view commemorating the birthday of Prophet Muhammad (s)- Eid al-Maulid- as a SIN!!!

SOURCE OF THE OP'S ARTICLE:
http://imnig.org/members-imn-celebrated-christmas-christians-kaduna

CC: Seun Lalasticlala
And yes it is an innovation.
Not only Muslims but even Christians believe so.
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by Pro2makx(m): 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2016
I have always known there was more to this shite killings and persecution thing. One question I have always asked since December 2015, but as never gotten a reasonable answer is, Y would a Muslim governor or prwsident persecute Muslims like him in the name of tagging them violet? It is not in their custom to spill each other's blood. That is y many r so much in support and sponsoring bokoboys. Cos they enjoy spilling the blood of whoever does not follow blindly.
Then I asked, could there be any relationship between shites and Christianity? Cos the whole thing looks like what Christians in the north go through. This piece as only further opened my eyes and enlightenment me on the root of the persecution this guys face all around the world in the hands of Thier supposed brothers in faith. God have mercy and save all that are persecuted for your sake and your son's sake
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by bladeAnders(m): 10:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
all na wash, with their black minds
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by blantyre: 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
alabilomo:
hezbollah is Sunni too right. Let's stop all this pls
U will have to think and think alot before you can name one shiites terrorist group. Most people believe hezbollah are more of freedom fighters than a terrorist org. For many years countries of Europe did not see any grounds to term them terrorists. It took intense lobbying from America and instigated by Isreal b4 Europe agree to term them terrorists.
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by Kingspin(m): 10:10pm On Dec 27, 2016
nzeobi:

Are you asking me or you are telling me.
ls both the wide spread killings in the North is not new but common..
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by persius555(m): 10:10pm On Dec 27, 2016
Religion is never a problem, it is people are a nuisance to religion
There are over 300,000 Christian in Iran, which is the birthplace of shia Islam and they live in peace with the over 40 million muslims in that country. Tolerance and love for one another is key to continuous existence of our traditions and religious belief.

1 Like

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by everozone: 10:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
The shia muslims believe in Jesus Christ.If you view the flags which they carry during their processions you will observe that some of them (flags) bear the image of Jesus Christ whereas others display the image of virgin Mary carrying Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by Afribell(m): 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
DrDent:

http://imnig.org/members-imn-celebrated-christmas-christians-kaduna

One -world religion loading. The word of God in the book Revelation is gradually coming to fruition.
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by dokyOloye: 10:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
nzeobi:
But we were told this people are trouble makers.
That's just propaganda from the sunni terrorists.
The shias are mainly d muslims who harboured and protected christians in d numerous sunni induced violence like post election riots,etc

5 Likes

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by harizonal123(m): 10:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
GGirll:
we must not be unequally yoked with unbelievers!!!! inasmuch as i don't hate anyone they can be friends with Christians but our believes are so different.....we believe that JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD AND SHED HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY FOR ALL MANKIND...........MUSLIMS BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS A PROPHET, THEY DO NOT BELIEVE THAT GOD HAS A SON SINCE HE WAS NOT MARRIED TO A WIFE....THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN THE HOLY TRINITY AND ALL SO WE ARE VERY DIFFERENT BUT AS A CHRISTIAN I LOVE ALL MUSLIMS ALIKE BUT I AM A CHRISTIAN AND WILL NOT BE YOKED WITH UNBELIEVERS IN WHATEVER FORM PERIOD ! MY OPINION, EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR BELIEVS AND OPINIONS TOO
See the way u are typing in capital letters as if u know what u are saying .Bla bla bla..... ! So they so they should drive them out of the church eh? What do u understand by yoked? Ask your self this question, if Jesus were to be the pastor of that church what would he have done?

1 Like

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by blantyre: 10:30pm On Dec 27, 2016
Renaissance2017:

That is the problem I have with you Muslim extremists. Why are you contradicting yourself? You said Islam is older than Christianity, yet the Bible is older than the Qur'an. Secondly you said one of the holy books is corrupted and the other one is preserved. I can prove to you that the only corrupted holy book is the Qur'an. Thirdly, Christianity is older than Islam even your Allah and Prophet Mohammed know that.
Sorry you are mistaking sth here. Most Christians think Prophet Muhammad founded Islam so since Jesus came before Muhammad that means Christianity is older. The truth is that the very first Muslim is our father Adam and all the subsequent prophets and messengers after him are also Muslims i.e belief in the oneness of Allah and the only one worthy of worship. This is the message that all of them preached. So God kept sending messengers and prophet's to call people to the worship of one deity, Allah. Hope is understood now Islam has been there since God commanded Adam to worship him

1 Like

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by alfarouq(m): 10:30pm On Dec 27, 2016
hmmm. Funny how some people are complaining that Muslims have not wished them merry Christmas when they also do not congratulate Muslims during sallah.
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
nzeobi:
But we were told this people are trouble makers.
well, I don't know where you heard it from , but during the last religious riot I witnessed in Zaria When I was studying at FCE ZARIA, THEY sheltered & protected us from the Muslim rioters.Ask any FCE ZARIA student you know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by crosbreaka: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
ohiku4every1:
Have they done this before?

if the answer is no, they are deceiving Christians,

am a muslim but Christians should watch their back pls

they have joined Christians during occasions in show of solidarity before the Zaria Massacre. This is not the first time. but perhaps because of the ordeal they have gone through, this time the event has gained more publicity. Christians in Kaduna also join them in show of solidarity during their own occasions like Ashura.

1 Like

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by crosbreaka: 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2016
Laid2001:
TOLERANT of them!!!!!

GEJ killed three of Zakzaky's kids and they did not even block the COAS way for him to do that then!!!!

please free GEJ. It was not GEJ. GEJ called Zakzaky and apologized. what happened in 2014 was not the doing of GEJ going by his apology. GEJ never justified the killings of 34 people including three sons of Zakzaky which El Rufai referred to as "genocidal". it was purely not an incident. there was no follow up action after that incident against them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by alawaiss(m): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
They are here because their own has forsaken them, they have no choice than to pretend uniting with christians just to attract sympathy and majority.

Don't speak wit ignorance in public. Going back dia 39 years of existence. They ar loving ppl. Ask Zaria Christians duarin 2011 post election violence. Its d Shi'ite dat sheltered & protects dem from Sunni followers of wch both Buhari & Elrufa'i belongs
Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by dokyOloye: 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2016
alabilomo:
You are correct Bro, thou we r enjoined to live with people of other faith in peace and harmony. Sadly some miscreants do exactly the opposite. And many a times Muslims r judged by these people's sheer display of ignorance. In Other affairs of our lives we have the liberty to do as we want but in matters of faith there r rules and festivity is one of them.
All of U will continue to be judged together so far d ones that claim peaceful/tolerant muslim do next to nothing to fight d violent/intolerant ones.
We're all witness to how all of U were cheering boko haram when they were still killing only christians and policemen.
Has any prominent muslim or even ordinary muslim condemned d ongoing genocide against d christian minority in Kaduna?

1 Like

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by ShiaMuslim: 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
Empiree:
Don't go overboard akhi. It is not about Wahabism at all. Every muslim MUST be able to differentiate Islam from other religions. I condemn both end of extremism, i:e those who joined in celebrating xmas and those who condemn reciprocating greetings when christians greet them "merry xmas". Greeting is simply a courtesy that islam requires of us. There is nothing shirk in that. However, what islam condemns is JOINING them in their worship which was the reason Sura Kafirun was revealed. Those who joined them in worship are transgressing.

Greeting, that's FULL STOP. A muslim is even allowed to attend church wedding of friends or family members( who are christians). What we dont do is joining in their worship. It is the same as Aborisha, Odun oro, Odun Eegun, Agemo. If they say to you "A ku odun" return the greeting and move on bcus all these people greet muslims in their holidays as well. So this is simply courtesy. But joining them in worship is going overboard. When you go to church, sit at the back and let them do their rituals(worship). After they finish then you can join in their neutral feast. Period

So this is not Wahabi thing please. There are bunch on non-wahabi sunni schools who do not share your view. This is one example

https://www.facebook.com/ustadhismail.agbeti?fref=ts

^^^

Above is a sunni-sufi. December 25th is not related with Nabi Isa (AS). Not even all christians celebrate it on this day. Orthodox christians do theirs sometimes in January. And some christians like Jehovah Witnesses don't even celebrate it at all. But if they wish you "merry xmas", simply return their greetings especially if they are cool neighbors. But joining them in their xmas celebration is tantamount to worship. If you can not join Oro or Agemo festivals, you cant join this either. It is established fact that Isa(as) was not born on this day.

the majority of the Christian world celebrate Christmas, which symbolically commemorates the birth of Jesus on December 25. how you concluded that they joined them in worship is beyond me. they paid a solidarity visit to foster unity and peace. being present in Church as a show of love and peace and unity, does not mean they were actively partaking in the worship. if in times of peace you do not visit them in their churches, do you expect them to be kind to you in times of need? there is nothing wrong in joining hands with them on Christmas in show of love and unity. the visit is purely to foster unity, peace, and love. it has nothing to do with worshiping. likewise, our Christian brothers have joined the Shia during Ashura, Arabaeen, and Ramadan to foster unity and peace and love. that does not mean either party is abandoning his beliefs to join the other. and by the way, Wahhabis have already declared Shia as non-Muslims; so i really dont know why they are bothered and confused that Shia are stretching their hands to Christians. this is not even the first time it is happening between the two parties in exchanging solidarity visits in Kaduna. Wahhabis do not even celeberate Mawlid (birthday of the Prophet Muhammad) and considers that too as a sin. as for Christmas, nothing is wrong in using it to foster unity because we all, Christians and Muslims, identity with the virgin and miraculous birth of Jesus. we should magnify what unites us instead of what divides us. for example, we do not mark or join Easter commemoration because it is a dividing point between Islam and Christianity. we, as other Muslims, do not believe Jesus was killed or crucified. that is explicitly stated in the Quran. but as for Christmas, you are the one going overboard. it is stated in the Quran, "peace be upon him (Jesus) the day he was BORN, the day he will die, and the day he shall be brought back to life". so please, try not to draw hasty conclusions and judge the intentions of people without concrete facts. Muslims and Christians have long misunderstood themselves. any gesture that will foster peace and bring Nigerians closer should be encouraged and celebrated and not criticized.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by CandyDiamond(f): 11:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
blantyre:

Sorry you are mistaking sth here. Most Christians think Prophet Muhammad founded Islam so since Jesus came before Muhammad that means Christianity is older. The truth is that the very first Muslim is our father Adam and all the subsequent prophets and messengers after him are also Muslims i.e belief in the oneness of Allah and the only one worthy of worship. This is the message that all of them preached. So God kept sending messengers and prophet's to call people to the worship of one deity, Allah. Hope is understood now Islam has been there since God commanded Adam to worship him
Stop talking rubbish, [/b]that is why Islam has become a laughing stock[b],Mohammed copied the Bible and twisted it, you are claiming Jewish prophets as Islamic prophets,what a hypocrisy,that is why Israel is dealing with you guys for your lies, [/b]the same jewish prophets you are claiming to be Moslems never mention the word Islam except Mohammed that formed it[b],many Jewish prophets prophesy the coming of Jesus and his death and resurrection, eg Isaiah, Daniel etc. All the Jewish prophet practices Judaism, e.g Jeremiah, Moses,Noah,Isaiah etc,all of them kill animal to do sacrifice and attend Sabbath on Saturdays which the Jews is still practicing till today. You Muslims should take it easy with this una tagiyya lying tongue.Jesus promise his disciples the coming of holy spirit, you lying Moslems change it that Jesus promise Mohammed.Copy copy and lie lie religion.

3 Likes

Re: Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) by TeamSimple(m): 11:33pm On Dec 27, 2016
We dash you christians Shia muslims. We are okay with them on your side.

But the earlier you folks realise dey only doing that to gain public sympathy and support for the release of their leader,the better for u guys.

Once again,we willingly dash you the Shias. Happy union.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / RCCG Opens 14-Floor Storey Building In Lagos (Video) / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.