Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? (61747 Views)

Doctors, Nurses Around The World Unite In Begging People To Stay At Home (Pics) / Doctors/Nurses Help My Wife Analyze This Scan Result Abeg (PHOTO) / Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by mccoy47(m): 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:

The incubation period is 10 years. The early symptoms are usually less serious, like sores and other simple infections that can be treated. But your symptoms are draining you of alot of nutrients and energy, you better get treated.

(Am not a doctor though)

Always state what your sure of in a public place else u mislead ppl

3 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by tellwisdom: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ur spirit is gone bro. Ur gurl friend dey do u.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Sotenna(m): 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
99% of people on this forum ask questions they already know the answers to.

You don't want to go for medical checkup, and you already know that that's where the professional answers to your questions about your health would come from, either good news or bad news.

And by the way, you've got no right to demand that no one asks you to go to the hospital, because you made a mistake by coming here to look for information that you can get at the hospital.

...when you were giving your fvck you didn't give any to us (not that we needed it). So now that your Fvck-giving-escapades has landed you the only place it can land you, why disturb us?

6 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by MARKone(m): 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
OP man up and go to hospital, if they require u to do HIV test, then do it, but that s#it ain't easy, when one had engaged in series of unprotected sexual activities. Remembered my first test, I nearly died, the lab guy, wrapped my result in a brown envelop, then sent his assistant to call me, shocked I ask the assistant why him no just give u d result to give me, she said no he wants to hand it over personally shocked, Na so I stand up, bail, run commot the place, as I dey run dey look back, Na him the lab guy chook head commot for window, dey shout, "come and take ur result o, Na negative", Hmmm...Na so I cool down, with a smile on my face, jog back go collect my result. Peeps just need to be very careful, 5-10mins of pleasure, can lead to years of agony. Man up and go for the test, and let ur mind rest, and I tell you, you'll come out smiling. Good luck.

11 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by juman(m): 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
Your case is easy nah.
Get yourself tested first.

Look, dont fear the hiv test.

HIV is not death sentence.
I have done the test about three to four times.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by RottenBanana: 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
I would bet on my January salary if that makes you feel better.

You get a consolation if you test positive.

It's a win win for you.

I'm the one who should be afraid now.

HIV is overrated.

I'm very sure this is caused by dehydration due to harmattan.

This has increased your body stress level and consequently lowered your immunity.

This is a season where a lot of people get ill.

You may take P-Alaxin (3, 3, 2) + Antibiotic (Amovin or Cefuroxime Axetil (2, 2, 2, 2, 2)) (I'm asuming you're above 18).

They are harmless but have typical side effects.

They should cover the most likely disease you have in your body.

And drink a lot of water, you have no idea how much fluid is being dessipatted from your body this harmattan.

I cooked indomie this night. I simply went out for few minutes to buy yogurt. By the time I came back my noodle is already drying up. I could not finish the last third of the meal.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
I am only loosing weight now and I don't know why. I feel dizzy but can't really sleep to my satisfaction. I have Neva had sex b4 so I don't know. I tried all means to get fat but......maybe it's this year's weather......i don't know sha. But go do test to be assured.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by phanshark(m): 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
Go & see a WINCH DOCTOR asap
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
Go do HIV test to rid urself of any doubt!Is very simple and it doesn't take time!
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by GOFRONT(m): 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
Even wen there is HIV, som pple sexcapade na die!!!

Imagine a Nigeria without HIV, Bleepin insyd keke napep is nt a thing of suprise, Bleepin by the roadside wil bcom a way of lyf...
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by dangotesmummy: 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:

The incubation period is 10 years. The early symptoms are usually less serious, like sores and other simple infections that can be treated. But your symptoms are draining you of alot of nutrients and energy, you better get treated.

(Am not a doctor though)
what are the early symptoms of hiv ?
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by shehuolayinka(m): 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
Go do HIV test nauu
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by fkdmods: 9:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
una think say to do hiv test easy

Live a safe life and it will be easy.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:

(Am not a doctor though)
M not a doctor, but I don't totally agree wit u, 6 month is enough for symptoms of HIV to appear. In some cases a month while in rare cases 10 yrs. I don't think is all cases that is 10 yrs. I might be wrong tho. And fever is one common symptoms.
Op u should go for a test. I know its scary but it's d only way to know.

5 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Harinholar(f): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hummm.....dey said it all.....Go for a test and knw ur health status...God wll heal u

1 Like

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Lagusta(m): 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:

(Am not a doctor though)

The incubation period ranges from months to years, and it strongly depends on the person's immune status before hand...

4 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Allee90: 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
Rest in peace bro

1 Like

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Harinholar(f): 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
zizirecords:
I am also a doctor and can provide some advice.

As my colleague above said, there is no other option but to get tested. Particularly because some of the symptoms you mentioned are psychosomatic in nature i.e. your mind and fears causing real physical symptoms (yes it happens!)

That being said, there are many things that may be responsible. Do you get dizziness as well? Feeling light headed? Like you will fall down if you are in public? If you have all these symptoms I have mentioned, then be happy. Your problem is more psychological than physical.
.... probably she is pregnant.....just saying tho
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by 18wheeler: 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
[quote author=rasie post=52639099]The thing is:i'm scared shitless right now. For the past few months I've been having a monthly series of flu sickness. I mean every month for over 5months now. The one I'm currently experiencing now has just got me very much scared. Below are the things I'm experiencing now:
- Flu(whooping cough and catarrh)
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
I've read about the fact that most of the above are possible symptoms of the hiv virus and anytime I think of the possibility of me being (i can't even mention it) ,i just feel like dying. Yes I've been living a very promiscuous lifestyle and its more reason for me to be scared of doing a test. Although I've done it before in 2014 and it was negative but since then, there have been a lot of sexcapades. Which brings me to my question directed to doctors or health practitioners : "Is there any other sickness that can be related to those symptoms above apart from Hiv? "
To those with the virus already I'd like to ask: "Did you experience something like that before you were confirmed as positive? "
Ps: I treated malaria last month by the way.
Pss: For all those that will eventually advise me to get a hiv test, save your advise. When last did you do yours? Yes i know that the only way to be sure is to get tested but c'mon guys, una know how e be na.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by goingape: 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:
The thing is:i'm scared shitless right now. For the past few months I've been having a monthly series of flu sickness. I mean every month for over 5months now. The one I'm currently experiencing now has just got me very much scared. Below are the things I'm experiencing now:
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
I've read about the fact that most of the above are possible symptoms of the hiv virus and anytime I think of the possibility of me being (i can't even mention it) ,i just feel like dying. Yes I've been living a very promiscuous lifestyle and its more reason for me to be scared of doing a test. Although I've done it before in 2014 and it was negative but since then, there have been a lot of sexcapades. Which brings me to my question directed to doctors or health practitioners : "Is there any other sickness that can be related to those symptoms above apart from Hiv? "
To those with the virus already I'd like to ask: "Did you experience something like that before you were confirmed as positive? "
Pss: For all those that will eventually advise me to get a hiv test, save your advise. When last did you do yours? Yes i know that the only way to be sure is to get tested but c'mon guys, una know how e be na.
first of all!

were you carry your peniss enter?
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Askmewhy(m): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
You are Hepatitis B positive .
Am confirming that to u . Good day.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Coolgent(m): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
One of the numerous benefits of living a promiscuous lifestyle.
RIP Bro cry

Nb: Pls dont spread it, if u opt to continue just use condom
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Debra911(f): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ain't a doctor yet,but a medical doctor can't easily diagnose ur ailment with all these symptoms, there might be some speculations but they don't jump into conclusion,some parasites can give the same symptoms but different disease entirely eg the signs & symptoms of malaria &typhoid are some kinda the same but by running a test gives the right result, that's why we av the microbiologist, I'ld advice u go for a test dear, the fear of u going for a test & also delaying d running of d test can metamorphose the flu. There s nothing new under the earth, and if d test shows positive, thank God, there s a therapy, u can live & even get married without affecting d family & if negative, u take precautions. Take good care of urself.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by martineverest(m): 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
chai dis one don akwaya
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by remi144(m): 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
ChelseaDr:

You're welcome anytime, anyday!!!
boss good evening... I got dix swollen wen get scratched or been hit mildly by any object in my skin WC always disappears in a short while n a hourly dry cough.I haf been placed on loratadine,piriton(for the itch n swollen) while ceptrin beryln n emzorlyn which work for some hours but this ailment still persist.
NB : I dun av sex oo just a TAME ADULT.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by trendphemmy(m): 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:
Trendphemmy
ChelseaDr
Sorry for mentioning but i believe you guys are doctors

Sissy3
Dominique
Lalasticlala
Seun
Please can you guys fp this so i and others going through the same thing can get more reactions?

Go for the test to clear all doubts and believe me, many people here have d virus and it isn't the end of the world. I have people with it and dey are doing fine. Even people in government so defeat the fear and go for it. it is usually free and fast in government hospitals

2 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by isblog(m): 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:
The thing is:i'm scared shitless right now. For the past few months I've been having a monthly series of flu sickness. I mean every month for over 5months now. The one I'm currently experiencing now has just got me very much scared. Below are the things I'm experiencing now:
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever

Many ailments present with such symptoms..being that some of them have been recurrent my advise will be that you visit your doctor, let him take a detailed history which will enable him get to the root of the matter. In doing this your doctor will subject you to a series of tests, a retroviral screen inclusive. There are many differentials to this. It is better to know your status than to live a life of assumptions. The earlier you do this, the better. Mind you there are deadlier diseases than The RVD. Go visit a hospital. All will be well
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ChukwukaChijiokeJerri(m): 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
Go for test now... It is free... Having HIV is not a death sentence..The earlier the better.. It might turn out to be something else.. I have been in this kind of shoes before now..

1 Like

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by progress69: 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:

(Am not a doctor though)

?

U say?

Better stoo posting nonsense on the internet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) / Lagos Is Unusually Dry This Morning. Ebola Scare? (Pictures) / My Son Looks Like 7up's Fido Dido, Help!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.