Stats: 3,151,023 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? (61742 Views)

Doctors, Nurses Around The World Unite In Begging People To Stay At Home (Pics) / Doctors/Nurses Help My Wife Analyze This Scan Result Abeg (PHOTO) / Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by fof1: 4:35am On Jan 09, 2017
Muafrika2:

The incubation period is 10 years. The early symptoms are usually less serious, like sores and other simple infections that can be treated. But your symptoms are draining you of alot of nutrients and energy, you better get treated.

(Am not a doctor though)

MISCONCEPTIONS. HIV IS NOT SAME AS AIDS. 10 YEARS INCUBATION IS NOT A RULE IN RECENT TIMES. IT MAY BE LESS because OF SEVERAL FACTORS...IMMUNE STATUS, DIETARY CONDITIONS,LIFESTYLE ETC... SO DONT TAKE THAT AS A BASIS.CONSULT A Q.DOCTOR CLOSE BY. ARD ARE EVERY WHERE NOW FREE DISPENSED SO NO NEED TO PANIC.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ajuwarhodes(f): 6:12am On Jan 09, 2017
HealthMatters16:

Op, Man Up and go run a test! If it comes out negative, good for you. If it comes out positive, don't despair! We have the remedy!! Ever heard of Colloidal Silver? It is very effective in the treatment of HIV. 100% Guaranteed! People die these days out of ignorance.

Nigerians too are knowing stuffs,but it isn't for HIV alone...it can be used for so many things.but its rare in nigeria .do u have?I mean colloidal silver
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Exturzee(m): 6:27am On Jan 09, 2017
Are clinics and hospitals on strike, why are we burdened with solving this one...
Ahbeg o
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by divinelove(m): 6:40am On Jan 09, 2017
7agaza:

Please I have some questions.. I have been having this sore throat like feelings for a month now, and when most times it comes with wet cough.. And since then I have been having difficulties in breathing.

Please what could be wrong..

One of d early signs of HIV infection, u can Google it angry angry angry

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by sonjohn994: 6:44am On Jan 09, 2017
I will like to yell you similar story that happened to me August 8 2014.i went to an hotel to sleep with runz babe and the condom burst I finish because I notice .that where the problem started all my friends that knew told me so many guys in that area contacted HIV from the hotel and fear entered me with full force. 3weeks after all I mean all HIV symptoms start appearing from coughing,stooling,rashes,lost of appetite,dizzines and so on then I went to private hospital for treatment on getting to hospital the doctor did not test me at all before she rushed me with 4 injection then I questioned her for not carryout test before treating me,she sat me down and ask me why I requested for test I explain everything that happened to her without adding or subtracting then she test me for HIV i was NEGATIVE but after the treatment the sickness persists so I concluded that they don't know work in that hospital I carried this thought that I have HIV for 2years and 3month until last year October 2016 when my dad was sick and i was told to come and donate blood for him haaaaaa I ran like Husain bolt but my family force me though they don't know the reason why I was running then I set for the test at gbagada general hospital

I waited for 3hours before the test was out I was sweating like eleyi ram lol

Then I was called by a nurse did some counselling for me I asked her if i have the virus she said I should wait then hand over my result to me

GLORY BE TO GOD I WAS FREE OF ALL DISEASES INCLUDING HIV EVERYTHING CAME OUT NEGATIVE

So my advice to you is that don't kill your self before your time go for test everything happening to you is just because of your thinking and if you want to help your self don't Google the symptoms it a fast way to die

Google nearly kill me stay away from searching the symptoms on internet please that my advice

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Emma5097: 6:53am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:
The thing is:i'm scared shitless right now. For the past few months I've been having a monthly series of flu sickness. I mean every month for over 5months now. The one I'm currently experiencing now has just got me very much scared. Below are the things I'm experiencing now:
- Flu(whooping cough and catarrh)
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
I've read about the fact that most of the above are possible symptoms of the hiv virus and anytime I think of the possibility of me being (i can't even mention it) ,i just feel like dying. Yes I've been living a very promiscuous lifestyle and its more reason for me to be scared of doing a test. Although I've done it before in 2014 and it was negative but since then, there have been a lot of sexcapades. Which brings me to my question directed to doctors or health practitioners : "Is there any other sickness that can be related to those symptoms above apart from Hiv? "
To those with the virus already I'd like to ask: "Did you experience something like that before you were confirmed as positive? "
Ps: I treated malaria last month by the way.
Pss: For all those that will eventually advise me to get a hiv test, save your advise. When last did you do yours? Yes i know that the only way to be sure is to get tested but c'mon guys, una know how e be na.

My friend, this is a new year. Grow up and go for a test or better still........

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by nelszx: 6:59am On Jan 09, 2017
Blessograo:

Sorry but have you thought about Anemia coming into the picture?
Anaemia isn't common to typhoid as it is to malaria. It's very pronounced in malaria than in typhoid. The classic difference is just the persistent fever in typhoid (You should know better, there maybe one or more similarities in their symptoms as to most diseases but they do not present with same symptoms)
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by sayyid(m): 7:06am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:
The thing is:i'm scared shitless right now. For the past few months I've been having a monthly series of flu sickness. I mean every month for over 5months now. The one I'm currently experiencing now has just got me very much scared. Below are the things I'm experiencing now:
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
I've read about the fact that most of the above are possible symptoms of the hiv virus and anytime I think of the possibility of me being (i can't even mention it) ,i just feel like dying. Yes I've been living a very promiscuous lifestyle and its more reason for me to be scared of doing a test. Although I've done it before in 2014 and it was negative but since then, there have been a lot of sexcapades. Which brings me to my question directed to doctors or health practitioners : "Is there any other sickness that can be related to those symptoms above apart from Hiv? "
To those with the virus already I'd like to ask: "Did you experience something like that before you were confirmed as positive? "
Pss: For all those that will eventually advise me to get a hiv test, save your advise. When last did you do yours? Yes i know that the only way to be sure is to get tested but c'mon guys, una know how e be na.
it is better you rule out HIV test so that you will know the next step to take. I will also advice that you go for Tuberculosis test because it also has signs and symptoms as you've mentioned above except for stooling, when you even get to the tuberculosis center for the test they will do both HIV and tuberculosis test for you(because they are both immunosuppressive) and latest by 48hours you will get your test result. Get tested as earlier as possible don't let fear kill you before the disease do. And i am sorry for quoting the whole write up. Get well soon

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by dangotesmummy: 7:26am On Jan 09, 2017
Muafrika2:

Skin infections, chest infections, etc from around 3 months
wow
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 09, 2017
Muafrika2:

The incubation period is 10 years. The early symptoms are usually less serious, like sores and other simple infections that can be treated. But your symptoms are draining you of alot of nutrients and energy, you better get treated.

(Am not a doctor though)

This incubation period is jst an ideal theory,some people's own starts earlier than 10yrs
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ChelseaDr(m): 7:42am On Jan 09, 2017
7agaza:

Please I have some questions.. I have been having this sore throat like feelings for a month now, and when most times it comes with wet cough.. And since then I have been having difficulties in breathing.

Please what could be wrong..
I would suggest you take out some time out of your busy schedule to just visit a clinic let the doctor check your throat and chest and then come up with the likely cause of the problem and only then could he give the right medication.
Cheers!!

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by microscopic: 7:57am On Jan 09, 2017
It mustn't be HIV, other sickness may have similar symptoms. But u surely have to go for test so as to know what to treat.
Go to the hospital and highlight this symptoms to a medical Doctor. He will tell u what to test for, which may also include HIV.

I will advice u to stop deceiving ur self and go for test so that ur conscience will be free becus ur not going for test will not stop the sickness from being what it is.
A word is enough for the wise. Goodluck
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by microscopic: 8:04am On Jan 09, 2017
U don't want us to advice u to go for test.
Ok! Yes those are the symptoms of HIV, u are HIV positive.
Maybe with this u will now go for the test to confirm if what I just said is true or false.

Or u delete the post because the only advice we have for u is GO FOR TEST.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by evictor305: 8:05am On Jan 09, 2017
Those symptoms might be as a result of the malaria drug you took. If some malaria drug goes wrong on your system, you may experience symptoms like these for at least 1-4 weeks. In this case just keep your system hydrated till your body system eliminate the drug then you will start feeling better. Worries and anxiety also contributes to weight loss, it's psychological. With the kind of sex life you lead as mentioned you need routine checkup once every 3-6 month, this will relieve you of your worries. It's been ages you got tested bro. So you need to know. Good luck
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by 9jatatafo(m): 8:18am On Jan 09, 2017
go to the hospital and get tested.

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by browniex: 8:23am On Jan 09, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
una think say to do hiv test easy
at least it will help you know where you stand,it is easier to know your problem and learn to accept it,than to give yourself highblood pressure by living in denial.a real man faces his problems head on, without trying to hide.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by zizirecords(m): 8:26am On Jan 09, 2017
dacovajnr:
I do have the symptoms you mentioned below..what could be the problem..the light headed happens after I must have slept for some hrs and the dizziness happpens most tym I stretches and would stagger after that

As I said, you may have some serious psychosomatic illness. So next steps: do the HIV test (as well as a full body workout including liver and kidney function tests). If they come out normal, then start a serious diet regime to boost immune function, take supplements, and begin rigorous exercise (or just start playing a sport - football, volleyball, lawn tennis etc.)
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Tenny05(m): 8:37am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
Ebola

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Shedrack777: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
It's easy bro, I do mine four (4) times every year. go get tested bro
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Medunah: 9:58am On Jan 09, 2017
dacovajnr:
Medunah if those guys Quoting you catch you with wetin dem dey talk..to tear u go Simple like ABC take note of their Monikers grin cheesy
Lol, as in ehn......I juz weak
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Realist2: 10:02am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:

Thanks bro

In my hospital last year, a young man who was brought to the hospital to donate blood to his uncle who was in need of blood group B, he fainted for 6hours, when he heard 'A positive' , even though nothing was wrong with him, after screening his blood, the issue was just compatibility.
Fear kills more than the disease itself. Go for test now, else , you're only killing yourself earlier than you thought.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by princeemmma(m): 10:18am On Jan 09, 2017
DozieInc:
Consult your native doctor.
Yoruba do always called it ISE AYE, i think it the hand work of the old mothers and fathers in their family

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by frankloloko: 10:23am On Jan 09, 2017
Realist2:

In my hospital last year, a young man who was brought to the hospital to donate blood to his uncle who was in need of blood group B, he fainted for 6hours, when he heard 'A positive' , even though nothing was wrong with him, after screening his blood, the issue was just compatibility.
Fear kills more than the disease itself. Go for test now, else , you're only killing yourself earlier than you thought.
unlike last night I couldn't sleep one bit thinking . Because I've all the symptoms .my friend too didn't sleep , guys dey waka we can't see woman and remove our eyes .
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by geunik(m): 10:34am On Jan 09, 2017
Let me say HIV does not have symptoms. It weakens immune system so other disease can gain easy access. It is these disease that provoke those symptoms. The type of disease that attack will provoke its own signs and symptoms. For that there is no one sure sign and symptoms to dictate whether one is now a carrier or not.
One more thing incubation period varies from one person to another. Some can take 10 years while others 2 years. Test result can only indicate + after about 3 months of contracting it. Let say you had intercourse with a carrier today and you discovered it today, no amount of test will tell if you had contracted it until after like say 3 months time.
Bros your symptoms are not indicative of being a carrier. Only a test can tell. It could be your psychology playing tricks on you.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by geunik(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2017
geunik:
Let me say HIV does not have symptoms. It weakens immune system so other disease can gain easy access. It is these disease that provoke those symptoms. The type of disease that attack will provoke its own signs and symptoms. For that there is no one sure sign and symptoms to dictate whether one is now a carrier or not.
One more thing incubation period varies from one person to another. Some can take 10 years while others 2 years. Test result can only indicate + after about 3 months of contracting it. Let say you had intercourse with a carrier today and you discovered it today, no amount of test will tell if you had contracted it until after like say 3 months time.
Bros your symptoms are not indicative of being a carrier. Only a test can tell. It could be your psychology playing tricks on you.
and another news 'must the names of some people like Seun and lalasticlala be mentioned before a post can hit fp on nairaland. I wanna know. If na so na to just add the names for my signature for sure result
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ClinicalHope(f): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
Go for Tuberculosis test and see a good Doctor. If you are scared to go for HIV test I would advise you do it and get it off your mind.

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by geunik(m): 10:42am On Jan 09, 2017
geunik:
and another news 'must the names of some people like Seun and lalasticlala be mentioned before a post can hit fp on nairaland. I wanna know. If na so na to just add the names for my signature for sure result.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by mediocre(m): 10:42am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
Test for hyperthyroidism... It might explain the insomnia, weight loss, diarrhea, tremors. You can look it up

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ClinicalHope(f): 10:52am On Jan 09, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
na true say e no easy Bros, but prevention is better than cure. Imagine when person dey share the virus anyhow without knowing that he or she is infected. I happy say the awareness don help reduce the risk but some people still no wan do the right thing and because this world small God forbid make carelessness no make person pay for wetin e no know. My thoughts tho
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ebby9z(m): 11:02am On Jan 09, 2017
MARKone:
OP man up and go to hospital, if they require u to do HIV test, then do it, but that s#it ain't easy, when one had engaged in series of unprotected sexual activities. Remembered my first test, I nearly died, the lab guy, wrapped my result in a brown envelop, then sent his assistant to call me, shocked I ask the assistant why him no just give u d result to give me, she said no he wants to hand it over personally shocked, Na so I stand up, bail, run commot the place, as I dey run dey look back, Na him the lab guy chook head commot for window, dey shout, "come and take ur result o, Na negative", Hmmm...Na so I cool down, with a smile on my face, jog back go collect my result. Peeps just need to be very careful, 5-10mins of pleasure, can lead to years of agony. Man up and go for the test, and let ur mind rest, and I tell you, you'll come out smiling. Good luck.
Broke into laughter when I read this. cheesy
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Debra911(f): 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
nelszx:

Nice contribution you have made if only the OP would listen and please malaria and typhoid doesn't present SAME symptoms don't confuse people. Classic malaria is febrile paroxysm while typhoid is an enteric fever.
Nice observation but quote me right, I used 'SOMEKINDA' & not 'exactly the same'& I'll also want you to make proper research & stop jumping into conclusion. Typhoid&malaria are caused by very different organisms – one a Gram negative bacilli, the other a protozoa, and transmitted via different mechanisms – ingestion of contaminated food and water and via the bite of an insect vector respectively, both typhoid and malaria share rather similar symptomatology and epidemiology.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by adedehinbo(m): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
Since like 10years now I ve never fall sick,once I notice any strange feelings in my body the first thing I go for is HIV test,I just did one last week and its still negative, believe all those foolish feelings in my body disappeared

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mia Khalifa's Boob Deflates After Being Hit By A Hockey Ball / IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) / Lagos Is Unusually Dry This Morning. Ebola Scare? (Pictures)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96