Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? (61744 Views)

Doctors, Nurses Around The World Unite In Begging People To Stay At Home (Pics) / Doctors/Nurses Help My Wife Analyze This Scan Result Abeg (PHOTO) / Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
Medunah:
Stop having unprotected sex, they won't hear!

Now, this one has turned nairaland to Hospital...
even an idiot won't put on a condom for this beauty kiss
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:

The viral load is highest at 3-6 months after infection. Then it goes down and can go unnoticeable for 10 years before it flares up to the same level.
you can always identify its presence with by carrying out a test
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 09, 2017
pesinfada:
you can always identify its presence with by carrying out a test
Yep
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ChelseaDr(m): 12:02am On Jan 09, 2017
remi144:
boss good evening... I got dix swollen wen get scratched or been hit mildly by any object in my skin WC always disappears in a short while n a hourly dry cough.I haf been placed on loratadine,piriton(for the itch n swollen) while ceptrin beryln n emzorlyn which work for some hours but this ailment still persist.
NB : I dun av sex oo just a TAME ADULT.

That swelling following scratching or when hit by an object may just be a normal response of our body to trauma.... What we call it is inflammation...I.e. you will first feel some pain(may be slight), then the place will change colour to red (may or may not be obvious depending on your skin colour), then swelling, then the place may feel warmer than usual and finally you may be forced to rest the place for a while as you cannot use that part of your body for the time being. This will usually subside after a while as you can testify.

The persistent dry cough can be due to many things. I'm sure you don't smoke, but if you do try and quit.

There is also what we call post-nasal drip which means trickling of mucus produced by our nose down the larynx/trachea (wind pipe) which irritates the airway thereby provoking cough. Those drugs you took are very effective but since the symptom persists, try steam inhalation, it works like magic too.

Another cause of the dry cough could be asthma, but because you never complainedof noisy breathing (wheezing), tightness of chest or difficulty in breathing(breathlessness), it is not likely to be asthma. But to avoid all doubt, see a doctor to check you.

Yet another possibility is what we call chronic bronchitis (don't mind the terminology). It simply means persistent irritation of your airway due to some things in your surroundings like dust, smoke, perfume, air or industrial pollution(thinking of your work place), etc, the cause may be unknown. To start with, if your room(s) have rugs, then think of changing then and replacing them with carpets or better still, tiles (depending on how big your purse is). This is because rugs harbour "tons" of dust particles and you never know, they may just be the culprit.

If you try all the above -mebtioned and the symptoms persist, please go see your doctor. I wish you well.
Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ajuwarhodes(f): 12:02am On Jan 09, 2017
Muafrika2:

The viral load is highest at 3-6 months after infection. Then it goes down and can go unnoticeable for 10 years before it flares up to the same level.

But it's possible not to see any symptoms even in the first 3 to 6 months? Or the individual will/must see or feel symtoms?
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 09, 2017
ajuwarhodes:

But it's possible not to see any symptoms even in the first 3 to 6 months? Or the individual will/must see or feel symtoms?
Not sure about that. Most people show.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by carammel(f): 12:25am On Jan 09, 2017
If you were a woman,what would you do?

Once you are pregnant and you go for antenatal care,you must get tested for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.

Don't be scared, it is nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by dacovajnr: 12:32am On Jan 09, 2017
Medunah if those guys Quoting you catch you with wetin dem dey talk..to tear u go Simple like ABC take note of their Monikers grin cheesy
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by hillaboi(m): 12:39am On Jan 09, 2017
Hmmmmm, I have been having this fear too oh. Oh God, deliver us all from this promiscous sex life.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Steveinnovates(m): 12:39am On Jan 09, 2017
muller102:
Log off from nairaland. So the virus won't be spread. Op its AIDS.

Hahaha hahaha
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by skylane: 12:47am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:
The thing is:i'm scared shitless right now. For the past few months I've been having a monthly series of flu sickness. I mean every month for over 5months now. The one I'm currently experiencing now has just got me very much scared. Below are the things I'm experiencing now:
- Flu(whooping cough and catarrh)
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
I've read about the fact that most of the above are possible symptoms of the hiv virus and anytime I think of the possibility of me being (i can't even mention it) ,i just feel like dying. Yes I've been living a very promiscuous lifestyle and its more reason for me to be scared of doing a test. Although I've done it before in 2014 and it was negative but since then, there have been a lot of sexcapades. Which brings me to my question directed to doctors or health practitioners : "Is there any other sickness that can be related to those symptoms above apart from Hiv? "
To those with the virus already I'd like to ask: "Did you experience something like that before you were confirmed as positive? "
Ps: I treated malaria last month by the way.
Pss: For all those that will eventually advise me to get a hiv test, save your advise. When last did you do yours? Yes i know that the only way to be sure is to get tested but c'mon guys, una know how e be na.
hope has the man who knows what's wrong with him, and finished is the man who doesn't know what's wrong with him
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by donMIG(m): 12:47am On Jan 09, 2017
Questions u already know ansas to....too bad
Me too dei fear all dis hiv issues but den if i get dis symptoms i go just go meet tb joshua lolz....sound like u get d big tin ooo
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by OluDare01(m): 12:50am On Jan 09, 2017
Maybe you had sex with mammy water cheesy
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ahahnow: 12:51am On Jan 09, 2017
Since we are on this topic. I got tested January 2015. I don't have a bf or even sleep around, I don't have time for the consequences of that sh.it. Anyway, I got injured in November 2016 and went to a general Hospital in a village, what I'm scared of is if the hospital can actually infect their patients because the place was so dirty. It looks like they reuse everything in that place.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ahahnow: 12:53am On Jan 09, 2017
carammel:
If you were a woman,what would you do?

Once you are pregnant and you go for antenatal care,you must get tested for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.

Don't be scared, it is nothing.

It is everything which husband will marry you eh? Nonsense
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by frankloloko: 12:58am On Jan 09, 2017
ahahnow:

It is everything which husband will marry you eh? Nonsense
they will . Hiv doesn't show on forehead . This guy is suffering from depression . Once you lack good sleep . Forget it
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by InvertedHammer: 1:00am On Jan 09, 2017
/
No advice necessary.

You know what to do.

The good news is that henceforth if you see a lady, you go run.

By the way, e sweet na im dey kill pass.
\

1 Like

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by rasie: 1:25am On Jan 09, 2017
Here comes the sleepless night again cry cry cry cry cry cry embarassed
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by frankloloko: 1:35am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:
Here comes the sleepless night again cry cry cry cry cry cry embarassed
guy i am having same problem . youre scared and nothing is wrong with you from what i know , i heard cold june12 and i started googling about hiv . thats how i lost hope , since june ive not experinced natural sleep , i started using pills and i had to eat more because of fear , now ive added so much . bill gate only sleep 5 hours per day . what about yahoo boys that doesnt sleep at all ? if you want to prove yourself wrong make sure u eat and see if you will add weight or not .
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by rasie: 1:50am On Jan 09, 2017
frankloloko:
guy i am having same problem . youre scared and nothing is wrong with you from what i know , i heard cold june12 and i started googling about hiv . thats how i lost hope , since june ive not experinced natural sleep , i started using pills and i had to eat more because of fear , now ive added so much . bill gate only sleep 5 hours per day . what about yahoo boys that doesnt sleep at all ? if you want to prove yourself wrong make sure u eat and see if you will add weight or not .
Bro, this is not fear or hypochondria as someone mentioned above. I was deep in my sleep. Slept at about after 11,only to start feeling as though life was going from me in my sleep. I then jilted up immediately. My chest area was as though they poured hot water inside and i felt extremely weak. I drank some water and walked to and fro in my room(singing and praying) . Now I am a bit stable.
Will go for a test today anyway. If there's anything I hate so much, its sickness. I don't like being confined to a particular spot.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by frankloloko: 1:55am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:

Bro, this is not fear or hypochondria as someone mentioned above. I was deep in my sleep. Slept at about after 11,only to start feeling as though life was going from me in my sleep. I then jilted up immediately. My chest area was as though they poured hot water inside and i felt extremely weak. I drank some water and walked to and fro in my room(singing and praying) . Now I am a bit stable.
Will go for a test today anyway. If there's anything I hate so much, its sickness. I don't like being confined to a particular spot.
ok how long have you been loosing weight ? me i didnt loose weight but ive got black circle on my eyes and my head got bigger , i dont know if hiv is capable of doing that.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by rasie: 2:02am On Jan 09, 2017
frankloloko:
ok how long have you been loosing weight ? me i didnt loose weight but ive got black circle on my eyes and my head got bigger , i dont know if hiv is capable of doing that.
For over a month now
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by frankloloko: 2:11am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:

For over a month now
too early
mine is 6month already .
depression can cause this too
i am not even scared anymore
is just that i dont know why
people keep complaining that
my head is getting big.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by slysteel: 2:21am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:

Help me ask them. I know that's what they'll comment that's why I forewarned them. And if you ask them ,they haven't done theirs. I know how i felt the last time I checked mine (before the result came) and i don't like that feeling
Who is this clown? my friend go and do a test and stop disturbing people here,what were you expecting to achieve here? is it not when you do a test that you will know exactly what is wrong with you? how did this rubbish even get to the front page?
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by frankloloko: 2:32am On Jan 09, 2017
slysteel:
Who is this clown? my friend go and do a test and stop disturbing people here,what were you expecting to achieve here? is it not when you do a test that you will know exactly what is wrong with you? how did this rubbish even get to the front page?
you need to visit a phych fast , people are too scared to get sick . so they seek ppeoples opp to know if it can solved .

1 Like

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by faroukyaw: 2:46am On Jan 09, 2017
ULCER SOLUTION IS HERE !!!!
Ulcer is a deadly disease that has been existing for decades, there is hardly any family that doesn't have atleast one person battling with ulcer.
BANAAT'S ULCER SOLUTION:
is a herbal medication which has been in existence for the past 5years. It has treated and cured many patients by God's leave.
It has treated several cases ranging from mild ulcer, heartburn, peptic ulcer, duodenal ulcer and chronic ulcer accompanied with severe bleeding from the mouth.
NONE of our patients/customers ever returned to make a complaint or criticism about our medication.
Its 100% made of pure, natural and unadulterated drugs and herbs. Many other ulcer medications merely subside ulcer but this one treats it permanently within a week
We have business partners in major states nationwide and we have customers from far and wide.
It is suitable for kids, pregnant women, lactating women, hypertensive men or women and even chronic ulcer patients.
Features:
-It is not watery, hence there is no water in its content, so we don't dilute it with water.
-it is not bitter, its sweet and delicious because of the pure honey in it.
-It is thick and smooth.
-we have the small sizes and the big sizes.
-The small size is sufficient for a patient with mild ulcer or mere heartburn.
-The big sizes are meant for those with chronic ulcer or severe bleeding from the mouth.
-its quite affordable but we are currently in a promo/bonanza period, so the prices have been slashed by almost 50%.
So take advantage of the bonanza period before it ends.
Address:
1)Our head office:
No 75c, opposite Adavi secretariat, ogaminana, okene, kogi state, Nigeria.
Phone: 08132704656, 08035748422.
Facebook:
(Abu Banaat)
2)We also have agents in major states, so you can order and we deliver to you in any state in Nigeria.

Health is wealth, do not hesitate anymore, ulcer has killed many, do not be its next victim, spend once and for all, do not be stingy to your ownself.

Once again, health is wealth, you are precious, do not go for anything less.

To all my fellow Nairalanders, I Abdulsalam Farouk is a living testimony. I have been totally cured of my ulcer and so many other Nigerians out there will bear witness to the positive impact of this God sent cure in there lives.

I hope this makes front page, please let's save lives... Spread this to whom it may concern.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 09, 2017
the earlier you know your HIV status the better for you... go and run a test even if it's positive you can start your treatment b4 it becomes too late...
you don't have any alternative right now
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Girlbestfriend(f): 3:20am On Jan 09, 2017
justscorchone:

Babe which of the ladies on your dp is single?

gringrin
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by tit(f): 3:21am On Jan 09, 2017
I can smell the aids from here
Who wan die?

1 Like

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by HealthMatters16: 3:21am On Jan 09, 2017
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by 7agaza(m): 3:33am On Jan 09, 2017
ChelseaDr:

That swelling following scratching or when hit by an object may just be a normal response of our body to trauma.... What we call it is inflammation...I.e. you will first feel some pain(may be slight), then the place will change colour to red (may or may not be obvious depending on your skin colour), then swelling, then the place may feel warmer than usual and finally you may be forced to rest the place for a while as you cannot use that part of your body for the time being. This will usually subside after a while as you can testify.

The persistent dry cough can be due to many things. I'm sure you don't smoke, but if you do try and quit.

There is also what we call post-nasal drip which means trickling of mucus produced by our nose down the larynx/trachea (wind pipe) which irritates the airway thereby provoking cough. Those drugs you took are very effective but since the symptom persists, try steam inhalation, it works like magic too.

Another cause of the dry cough could be asthma, but because you never complainedof noisy breathing (wheezing), tightness of chest or difficulty in breathing(breathlessness), it is not likely to be asthma. But to avoid all doubt, see a doctor to check you.

Yet another possibility is what we call chronic bronchitis (don't mind the terminology). It simply means persistent irritation of your airway due to some things in your surroundings like dust, smoke, perfume, air or industrial pollution(thinking of your work place), etc, the cause may be unknown. To start with, if your room(s) have rugs, then think of changing then and replacing them with carpets or better still, tiles (depending on how big your purse is). This is because rugs harbour "tons" of dust particles and you never know, they may just be the culprit.

If you try all the above -mebtioned and the symptoms persist, please go see your doctor. I wish you well.
Cheers!!

Please I have some questions.. I have been having this sore throat like feelings for a month now, and when most times it comes with wet cough.. And since then I have been having difficulties in breathing.

Please what could be wrong..
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by fof1: 4:26am On Jan 09, 2017
rasie:
The thing is:i'm scared shitless right now. For the past few months I've been having a monthly series of flu sickness. I mean every month for over 5months now. The one I'm currently experiencing now has just got me very much scared. Below are the things I'm experiencing now:
- Flu(whooping cough and catarrh)
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
I've read about the fact that most of the above are possible symptoms of the hiv virus and anytime I think of the possibility of me being (i can't even mention it) ,i just feel like dying. Yes I've been living a very promiscuous lifestyle and its more reason for me to be scared of doing a test. Although I've done it before in 2014 and it was negative but since then, there have been a lot of sexcapades. Which brings me to my question directed to doctors or health practitioners : "Is there any other sickness that can be related to those symptoms above apart from Hiv? "
To those with the virus already I'd like to ask: "Did you experience something like that before you were confirmed as positive? "
Ps: I treated malaria last month by the way.
Pss: For all those that will eventually advise me to get a hiv test, save your advise. When last did you do yours? Yes i know that the only way to be sure is to get tested but c'mon guys, una know how e be na.
U

U ARE NOT SERIOUS AT ALL. DONT JOKE WITH D SENSIBILITY OF MEMBERS HERE. SAVE US SPACE AND GO TO D HOSPITAL.U DONT NEED ANY ADVICE. GO FOR COUNSELLING AND TESTING.PERIOD. HIV+ IS NOT D END OF LIFE. MANY TODAY ARE LIVIBG WELL PISITIVELY. U GET WHAT U DESERVE SINCE U NEVER HEEDED ADVICE AND PREACHINGS B4 NOW. BUT GOD IS MERCIFUL SO GO DO D TEST, U MAY HV ANOTHER CHANCE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) / Lagos Is Unusually Dry This Morning. Ebola Scare? (Pictures) / My Son Looks Like 7up's Fido Dido, Help!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.