Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? (61754 Views)

Doctors, Nurses Around The World Unite In Begging People To Stay At Home (Pics) / Doctors/Nurses Help My Wife Analyze This Scan Result Abeg (PHOTO) / Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by isblog(m): 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
trendphemmy:

Go for the test to clear all doubts and believe me, many people here have d virus and it isn't the end of the world. I have people with it and dey are doing fine. Even people in government so defeat the fear and go for it. it is usually free and fast in government hospitals

True talk..
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by IPOB123london: 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
well ladies and gentle men allow me to introduce myself as a Biafran knowledge come straight from God to us!!

Anyway i'm not a doctor or such however i have come to know that most people in that contraption suffers a lot about anxiety stress for real.

They will take all sort of medication still nothing will change then they go spiritual still no change

you know why?

There is really nothing wrong but because of the level of stress in your body you will suffer any disease you can think of in your mind. Anything u think of you will suffer it

The only way to get out of this is to go and do test nothing but that will save you and clear your mind

Summon enough energy to go and do test then negative; come back and thank this Biafran

thauk youo

chikena

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by GindoX(m): 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
Shiooo! This is just the beginning of ur kama.... Í No know werin dey worry una... The time u go dey put ur prick in any available holes... Now u are afraid of getting a virus...

That's the sign of hiv virus.... Una prick No dey stay one place grin
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by fergieboy: 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Viking007:
And You think trusting total strangers to "guess" what's wrong with You is much better than going for a test?
Okay.

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by jeffery90(m): 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Going tru same issue rght now. So scared of doing the test

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by GagaBoy: 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
As someone who's living with HIV I can tell you to go and get tested. I really hope you are not but if you are its not the end of the world. When I got my diagnosis last year I quickly found myself an HIV where you can get the drugs free of charge and its just a pill a day. HIV is better than cancer, Hepatitis or even Diabetes. Just get tested. Not knowing is what will kill you. In this case Ignorance isn't bliss. Goodluck

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by jonahsunday97(m): 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
#you better go and do blood test before it is too late....okay grin grin grin grin
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by willyacious: 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
Oga Pls go and do a test. It's as simple as ABC
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by GindoX(m): 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
No mind am... Him dey fear to do test, but him no fear to put him prick for toto.. . grin

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by progress69: 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
dangotesmummy:
what are the early symptoms of hiv ?

Ignore that poo..

Go for test if u feel.u may have been exposed

Symptoms of many diseases are similar....to be sure, its better u go for tests.

The truth is HIV is not as fatal.as it was in the past. Proper use of medications can make u live a normal life.

The earlier u know your status, the better.

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by GindoX(m): 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
If u are infected.. Lacastical will ban u here.... grin grin

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by imperiouxx(m): 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:
Pss: For all those that will eventually advise me to get a hiv test, save your advise. When last did you do yours? Yes i know that the only way to be sure is to get tested but c'mon guys, una know how e be na.

If you know this already then your question is irrelevant.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Medunah: 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
Stop having unprotected sex, they won't hear!

Now, this one has turned nairaland to Hospital...

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Richy4(m): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
It could be TB too...it got the same symptom with HIV.....But what they are commenting here could kill you faster than whatever u got

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by GMBuhari: 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
INTROVERT:
Why not save all of us the stress and just go do blood test.

Cure even dey sef even if na experimental
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ezewealth(m): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:

Help me ask them. I know that's what they'll comment that's why I forewarned them. And if you ask them ,they haven't done theirs. I know how i felt the last time I checked mine (before the result came) .and i don't like that feeling
u shouldn't panic for undergoing Hiv test,it can be really be contained,u will even be living a normal life,doctor will give u a retro viral drugs that will make u test negative that u can't transmit it to others in fact, the earlier u go for test the better for you.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by sylviaeo(f): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
Just go to d hospital. I once had diarrhea for almost two weeks, fatigue, headache, fever etc. Didn't know wat it was. I did RVS with determine, unigold n stst pak, all proved negative. It might b dat your immune system is low and its giving different organisms access to ya body. After treatment, I stated taking cod liver n calcium. N since then, I have been OK. Just go to d hospital. Leave yaself to d medical personnel wen u get there
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Mzflow(f): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
My parents tested positive last year December, my siblings and I tested negative although I felt like my heart was going to cut when I went for the test.
No big deal dear,the earlier the better

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Gfish: 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
Op i understand how you feel. its your mind creating those symptoms. there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. this kind of thoughts you having are the reasons you will continue to lead an unhealthy dangerous life till you are finally destroyed. Go get a test and you will be surprised there is nothing and you will experience a positive lifestyle change.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Elmojiid(m): 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
na only you waka come..y only you that person strong o.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by ArabMopol(m): 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
sai Baba

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by kidman96(m): 10:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:
The thing is:i'm scared shitless right now. For the past few months I've been having a monthly series of flu sickness. I mean every month for over 5months now. The one I'm currently experiencing now has just got me very much scared. Below are the things I'm experiencing now:
- Flu(whooping cough and catarrh)
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration
- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
I've read about the fact that most of the above are possible symptoms of the hiv virus and anytime I think of the possibility of me being (i can't even mention it) ,i just feel like dying. Yes I've been living a very promiscuous lifestyle and its more reason for me to be scared of doing a test. Although I've done it before in 2014 and it was negative but since then, there have been a lot of sexcapades. Which brings me to my question directed to doctors or health practitioners : "Is there any other sickness that can be related to those symptoms above apart from Hiv? "
To those with the virus already I'd like to ask: "Did you experience something like that before you were confirmed as positive? "
Ps: I treated malaria last month by the way.
Pss: For all those that will eventually advise me to get a hiv test, save your advise. When last did you do yours? Yes i know that the only way to be sure is to get tested but c'mon guys, una know how e be na.

If you did ur test in 2014 and was negative then its unlikely to be HIV. Its something else so just go see ur doctor before you die of a treatable disease... Its likely cholera.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Oteejay: 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
Common guys, don't u know that the symptoms he mentioned is World health organization WHO stage 2 of HIV classification until proven otherwise . diarrhea, fever e.t.c. I hope he get the courage to go for the test otherwise Aids is on the way. a word is enough for the wise.check WHO classification of HIV and know Where u belong. Merci!
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
Wait make i go ask my mechanic neighbour.

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Enugufirstson(m): 10:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
[s][/s]
Muafrika2:

The incubation period is 10 years. The early symptoms are usually less serious, like sores and other simple infections that can be treated. But your symptoms are draining you of alot of nutrients and energy, you better get treated.

(Am not a doctor though)
Pls the incubation period of d virus ranges from a few months to 10yrs or even more. It varies in different individuals

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Mcowubaba: 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2017
Sotenna:
99% of people on this forum ask questions they already know the answers to.

You don't want to go for medical checkup, and you already know that that's where the professional answers to your questions about your health would come from, either good news or bad news.

And by the way, you've got no right to demand that no one asks you to go to the hospital, because you made a mistake by coming here to look for information that you can get at the hospital.

...[s]when you were giving your fvck you didn't give any to us (not that we needed it). So now that your Fvck-giving-escapades has landed you the only place it can land you, why disturb us[/s]?
You were making a valid point until your last statement.
Don't condemn, this your statement is a direct stigmatization to People living with HIV.
Show some Empathy and decorum, and having HIV is not a death sentence or condemnation. Judge Not.

Not everyone living with HIV is in the category of promiscuity. Even at that, u don't have any right to judge them, unless you are innocent of all the sins of human race.

It is Just a lot of misconception surrounding the infection that creates such anxiety and fear in the society.....

Op, simply go for antibody test.

Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Rottentooth: 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:

Help me ask them. I know that's what they'll comment that's why I forewarned them. And if you ask them ,they haven't done theirs. I know how i felt the last time I checked mine (before the result came) .and i don't like that feeling
@Op, no doctor or nurse cab advise you without any preliminary investigation. The surest way is to see a doctor. It is the doctor that decides whether you'll be tested for HIV, not you. And if the doctor prescribes it, so be it! For your info, I did the test last year, and it turned out negative. You'll save yourself a lot of hassles and emotional trauma by braving it and seeing a doctor. With much brotherly ❤.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
You are HIV positive
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
You are absolutely right
charliboy654:

M not a doctor, but I don't totally agree wit u, 6 month is enough for symptoms of HIV to appear. In some cases a month while in rare cases 10 yrs. I don't think is all cases that is 10 yrs. I might be wrong tho. And fever is one common symptoms.
Op u should go for a test. I know its scary but it's d only way to know.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by UncleJudax(m): 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
Empiree:
Yes, some of the symptoms do have same traits of possible HIV but it doesn't mean you have it. You are wasting your time, buddy. You could have used minutes you used to type this for physician visit. Go and check your blood my friend before you drop
Drop ke. HIV doesn't shoot people...kpatakpata...it dashes you AIDS...even with that person go still live for some more years (with good care of course)

Anyways, make bros go test himself...if you are old enough to fockk (or in this case fockk around), you should be ready to check the status of your engine, once in a while.

Hopefully, it is nothing serious. but make you try de protect yourself going forward.
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by dacovajnr: 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
zizirecords:
I am also a doctor and can provide some advice.

As my colleague above said, there is no other option but to get tested. Particularly because some of the symptoms you mentioned are psychosomatic in nature i.e. your mind and fears causing real physical symptoms (yes it happens!)

That being said, there are many things that may be responsible. Do you get dizziness as well? Feeling light headed? Like you will fall down if you are in public? If you have all these symptoms I have mentioned, then be happy. Your problem is more psychological than physical.
I do have the symptoms you mentioned below..what could be the problem..the light headed happens after I must have slept for some hrs and the dizziness happpens most tym I stretches and would stagger after that
Re: Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? by greggng: 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
rasie:
The thing is:i'm scared shitless right now. For the past few months I've been having a monthly series of flu sickness. I mean every month for over 5months now. The one I'm currently experiencing now has just got me very much scared. Below are the things I'm experiencing now:
- Flu(whooping cough and catarrh)
- Sleepless nights
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Body vibration

- Tiredness
- Stooling (Diarrhea)
- Headache
- Fever
I've read about the fact that most of the above are possible symptoms of the hiv virus and anytime I think of the possibility of me being (i can't even mention it) ,i just feel like dying. Yes I've been living a very promiscuous lifestyle and its more reason for me to be scared of doing a test. Although I've done it before in 2014 and it was negative but since then, there have been a lot of sexcapades. Which brings me to my question directed to doctors or health practitioners : "Is there any other sickness that can be related to those symptoms above apart from Hiv? "
To those with the virus already I'd like to ask: "Did you experience something like that before you were confirmed as positive? "
Ps: I treated malaria last month by the way.

You don't really need help otherwise u would ve done the needful by doing hiv test. You ve confirmed it yourself that u sleep around like dog without protection. You will soon face reality afterall even if you ve hiv, you re not the first to ve it and u won't be the last.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Is Unusually Dry This Morning. Ebola Scare? (Pictures) / How I Contacted HIV From Sleeping With Different Prostitutes At The Age Of 24 / Soldier Attempts To Commit Suicide In Taraba State