Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,732 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 (48581 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Exercising With His Church Members (Photos) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Edelweiss44: 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
Seun:
If it happened, then surely there are people on Nairaland who attended that amazing meeting. People like Donnie, Gombs, and Petra1 ...

We don't know that the story wasn't made up, like Benson Idahosa's claim of raising people from the dead which we discussed here.

I never met Benson Idahosa personally, but it is 100% correct that God raised several dead people back to life through him. I have personally met two people that were raised from the dead. One of them had died in a fatal accident. Benson Idahosa was not feared by Nigeria's military dictators for no good reason. This was a man who went on live TV to challenge the world council of witches and told them that their world conference slated to hold in Benin has been cancelled by him and that there was nothing they could do about it.......and guess what? The witches conference never held in Benin. A man like him that all the witches in the whole world combined together could not fight is no ordinary man, and that is because he was a true man of God being used by God to do great and mighty things of which having raised some dead people is just one of many things he did.

If God can create life and also create the sun, moon, stars, billions of galaxies, then tell me why He cannot raise a man from death? Sometimes we human beings think God is our mate or like our uncle in the village and that is why we dare to doubt it when told that God did something great.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Obdk: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Yea; it was a camp meeting at ekpoma. You see, Chris version of Christianity was so strange then that people gathered to witness this evangelical fire burning through the heart of a young lad down at ekpoma.

Unfortunately, some hearthens were smoking weed somewhere behind the venue. The church wasn't as rich as it were so it couldnt afford the luxury of an exclusive space. The free space available was partly used as a rendezvous for weed smokers.

So that faithful day, as the saints gathered to seek the face of the lord, the ganja smokers gathered too, b'cos they were also the children of God. When the saints lifted holy hands in one accord, the smokes from the weed was reaching out too to high heavens as sweet smelling sacrifice. Then came this extatic moment, when the venue was puffed up with ganja smoke emanating from all corners of the venue.

The smoke was soo visible and I am sure lots of peeps must have seen it. It enveloped the audience and in its usual characteristic, got peeps high and freenzy. I don't know about peeps getting healed though, but if you've ever gotten high on weed, you will understand the feeling of 'nothing is imposible'.

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Obdk: 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2017
mayorall:

Very very possible. I had a serious prayer with someone last year's March opposite an hospital at 2am. The Nurses on duty called the doctor to come from home that house opposite is burning and people are making noise from there. He told us the next day that he saw fire in the place, he stopped hearing noise and later the fire stopped and he went back home. Never saw this myself but its 100% alignment with my prayer points.OK

Hope say u don open church
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by odysey: 12:32pm On Feb 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Yea; it was a camp meeting at ekpoma. You see, Chris version of Christianity was so strange then that people gathered to witness this evangelical fire burning through the heart of a young lad down at ekpoma.

Unfortunately, some hearthens were smoking weed somewhere behind the venue. The church wasn't as rich as it were so it couldnt afford the luxury of an exclusive space. The free space available was partly used as a rendezvous for weed smokers.

So that faithful day, as the saints gathered to seek the face of the lord, the ganja smokers gathered too, b'cos they were also the children of God. When the saints lifted holy hands in one accord, the smokes from the weed was reaching out too to high heavens as sweet smelling sacrifice. Then came this extatic moment, when the venue was puffed up with ganja smoke emanating from all corners of the venue.

The smoke was soo visible and I am sure lots of peeps must have seen it. It enveloped the audience and in its usual characteristic, got peeps high and freenzy. I don't know about peeps getting healed though, but if you've ever gotten high on weed, you will understand the feeling of 'nothing is imposible'.

lol and I tot I've heard it all

how many people were smoking?
I believe the program was in an auditorium
how many people smoking weed enough to fill the place, rise from the ground and descend

Atheist spotted

Who was present do recap

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Amadaz(m): 12:34pm On Feb 06, 2017
Pastor Chris onye wayo

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by AnanseK(m): 12:37pm On Feb 06, 2017
Nigerians waiting for miracle. Want harvest where they did not sow.

If miracles are the hope for our future, Nigeria will stagnate for ever.

And the pastors will continue buying jets and building big universities that their mumu followers can never afford to send their children.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Bsideboi(m): 12:37pm On Feb 06, 2017
Farmerforlife:

You are welcome. I return your greetings as our recognized narrator of doubtful stories.

Your story leaves a lot of holes. For example, did it never occur to you that your youth leader was also hungry and/or sleep deprived? And after he asked you, did you just say "yes" then go home, or did you confirm from others in the church? If the former, were you not curious as to how many had seen the same smoke? If the latter, what proportion said that they too saw the smoke? Did you or your youth leader (or any other possible spirit filled smoke seer) try to identify any electrical sparks or other possible sources for the smoke before you concluded that it must be either sleep deprivation or a miracle? Of all those who saw the smoke, was any single one not alarmed that the smoke could be caused by its most natural origin, a fire, which could be disastrous in a packed church, and were you or your youth leader/ fellow smoke seers not motivated to warn the other non seers to flee the possibly burning church at that point in time?

Please plug these holes, then retell the story and let us reassess its believability.
FYI My Youth president is a lecturer at LBS so I didn't doubt his judgement on that as he isn't someone to say something he not sure of.
-Smoke from a burning source should have an odour and the electrical dept. never made mention of any fault.
-Yes,i found out from my elder sister who was also around and she saw this 'fog' all-over in the church.(Were 3 of us sleep deprived and experiencing same symptom?)

-It wasn't smoke but looked more like a white cloud

Bro,trust me I'm sure of what I'm saying.Very sure!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by dorox(m): 12:37pm On Feb 06, 2017
Edelweiss44:

I never met Benson Idahosa personally, but it is 100% correct that God raised several dead people back to life through him. I have personally met two people that were raised from the dead. One of them had died in a fatal accident. Benson Idahosa was not feared by Nigeria's military dictators for no good reason. This was a man who went on live TV to challenge the world council of witches and told them that their world conference slated to hold in Benin has been cancelled by him and that there was nothing they could do about it.......and guess what? The witches conference never held in Benin. A man like him that all the witches in the whole world combined together could not fight is no ordinary man, and that is because he was a true man of God being used by God to do great and mighty things of which having raised some dead people is just one of many things he did.

If God can create life and also create the sun, moon, stars, billions of galaxies, then tell me why He cannot raise a man from death? Sometimes we human beings think God is our mate or like our uncle in the village and that is why we dare to doubt it when told that God did something great.

It is not bravery neither is it a display of power to challenge what does not exist. To illustrate my point, I hereby challenge every vampires and zombies that their Benin conference has been cancelled.
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Image123(m): 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hmmmm, pastor Chris ehn. This episode get as e be. But why did he go on to say that the event which he described as the glory was God was unimportant compared to Benny Hinn's good morning Holy Spirit book. That's needless, except i misunderstood him sha. Then Benny should go and gum that letter 'H' falling from the wall of the house.
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by QuietHammer(m): 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
SUPOL:
u wouldn't go for such videos if u don't believe in Jesus Christ. There's no better Christian than a seeker of d truth like seun. Everything that has a name exist. If it doesn't it wouldn't be named. There is God ooooooo.
The flying spaghetti monster has a name therefore it exists. I like your logic

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by felixomor: 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
randomperson:
Technology, psychology... These are some of the things the miracle peddlers use to deceive people... Go to any anointing service or deliverance service, the music is always so loud and full. It just messes with you and makes u susceptible...

How come the loud music from night clubs dont cause such things to happen?

Mscheww

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Orikinla1: 12:45pm On Feb 06, 2017
Seun:
When Pastor Chris ministered at Benny Hinn's church, he spoke of a 1989 camp meeting in which smoke filled the hall and healed everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAGA0Xw4FTk (the story starts around 11:00)

This is an amazing story. The visible smoke! Every case of down's syndrome, sickle cell anemia, amputation, albinism, HIV/AIDS, etc in the entire assembly instantly cured! Every pair of reading glasses in the hall rendered useless! Anyone who witnessed it would never forget it.

Do you believe it really happened, though? Can anyone who was at the camp meeting in question corroborate the pastor's story?
The glory of God is beyond any scientific explanation.

2 Chronicles 5:14 and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the temple of God.

The glory of the Lord fills the temple – Living Word Church, York
http://www.livingwordyork.org/2010/07/worship/the-glory-of-the-lord-fills-the-temple/

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by cao(f): 12:47pm On Feb 06, 2017
All I'm going to say is that smoke machines definitely existed in 1989...

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by DonCortino: 12:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
NaijaTalkTown:
You guys are amazing! I mean someone asked a rational question and your reply is in form of a question? What has Islam got to do with a pastor claiming that smoke was coming from the ground? Even Wiz Khalifa no fit talk that kind thing. Instead of you to use your brain, you are trying to find a way to pin this to Islam.

Are u seun? Ehe! Goat
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by adonbilivit: 12:51pm On Feb 06, 2017
soath:
Is he an atheist?
he is
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Gombs(m): 12:53pm On Feb 06, 2017
Well, Seun... I hadn't joined the ministry then, but I believe him, why?

Because he's yet to lie to me, and I don't see any reasons why he'd lie to millions watching. But, I can mail you a catalogue of healing school videos, or a miracle compilation DVD

The thing is, you'd still not believe. By the way, Benny Hinn will be in Lagos on the 9th till 11th. If you wish to attend, holla me.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by ganiladworld: 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2017
No wonder pastor keep making millions out of some people.smoke ki ko fire ni

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by mayorall(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
NaijaTalkTown:
Choi cheesy

Bros try fear God small na grin

Happy the testimony is unbelievable. But I have the result till date.
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by miqos02(m): 1:07pm On Feb 06, 2017
QuietHammer:

Thank you. I'm an agnostic church organist and pianist. Trust me, I can make the 'holy ghost' come down.
how can you play in church when u only believe In Allah
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 06, 2017
Bsideboi:
FYI My Youth president is a lecturer at LBS so I didn't doubt his judgement on that as he isn't someone to say something he not sure of.
-Smoke from a burning source should have an odour and the electrical dept. never made mention of any fault.
-Yes,i found out from my elder sister who was also around and she saw this 'fog' all-over in the church.(Were 3 of us sleep deprived and experiencing same symptom?)

-It wasn't smoke but looked more like a white cloud

Bro,trust me I'm sure of what I'm saying.Very sure!

If you say so, but I dont think many doubters are going to undoubt. I have heard very many over enthusiastic tales about Christian miracles that were obviously exaggerations or imaginations.
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by megastarjec(m): 1:12pm On Feb 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

I advice you not to play with the things of God and spiritual matters too. It is dangerous to do so. In as much you have the freedom to express yourself, chose what you say to spiritual things.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by QuietHammer(m): 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
miqos02:
how can you play in church when u only believe In Allah
What hole did this one crawl out from? Is Christianity the only world view?
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by MagnaB: 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2017
Seun coman follow me too oh. kiss kiss
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Edelweiss44: 1:53pm On Feb 06, 2017
dorox:

It is not bravery neither is it a display of power to challenge what does not exist. To illustrate my point, I hereby challenge every vampires and zombies that their Benin conference has been cancelled.

Guy, just park there with your useless philosophy. When real people with real appreciation of life's reality are talking you want to come and display your delusion. If witches do not exist and the devil does not exist, then why don't you prove it to us by going to sango shrine or ogwugwu shrine or the main shrine in your village and attempt slapping the chief priest there and burning down the shrine. Try these and if you still remain normal, then we can believe your theory. Until then, either come back to your senses before talking or go and join your fellow atheists in you people's society of self-deluders

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Playa0ne: 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2017
MakeADifference:
At the time I quoted you 59 people have liked this. Unfortunately it is YOU, yes you that will be responsible for what you've typed. Not those liking or sharing it.

Next time you want to jest or be illy, why don't you choose what to jest with from among mortals and leave God out of it? You may think it is funny but there is a limit to everything.

Go to school Mr man...A good school I mean, not the normal one you find at every corner in Nigeria. While you are at it, engage your brain, question everything that you have been told in your life and most importantly, be truthful to thyself Only then can you be redeemed.

I dont fear your bleeped up nonexistent sleeping God who cant protect your likes from dieing like rats even inside his church...you Christians are the most wretched of the earth because NOBODY gets rich through praying...if prayer makes people rich then Africa would not be a poverty stricken aid dependent country.
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by petra1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2017
Seun:
If it happened, then surely there are people on Nairaland who attended that amazing meeting. People like Donnie, Gombs, and Petra1 ...

I came in 1991 and heard from people who were there. I can get them to come respond. Also somebody here said it's a smoke machine . That can't be true . We used our first ever smoke machine in badagry about 10years later in ASCON badagry . One of our senior pastor !pastor TT even joked about it. Saying something like " for those of you who had been eager to see smoke we talked about ,come and see smoke o" he laughed then said this one is a machine smoke "

There's one BRO Kunle who was there . He was my senior in school .hes no longer in our ministry . He used to sing . His response will be objective "for or against" his line 08060883772. I wanted to ask him to come an register so that he could give his version but his line was off. I checked on WhatsApp and saw that he was online yesterday. So I haven't talked with him yet . Anyone can try later

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by MakeADifference: 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2017
........... done?

Playa0ne:

Go to school Mr man...A good school I mean, not the normal one you find at every corner in Nigeria. While you are at it, engage your brain, question everything that you have been told in your life and most importantly, be truthful to thyself Only then can you be redeemed.

I dont fear your bleeped up nonexistent sleeping God who cant protect your likes from dieing like rats even inside his church...you Christians are the most wretched of the earth because NOBODY gets rich through praying...if prayer makes people rich then Africa would not be a poverty stricken aid dependent country.
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Heltinking(m): 2:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
Smoke from the ground, issokay
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Sezua(m): 2:10pm On Feb 06, 2017
randomperson:

Lolz... Funny enough, am a keyboardist and guitarist too... That's why am familiar with how they use music... Even the local churches use very fast revival songs with a lot of loud percussions...
reminds me of a church where i once went to play the keyboard. I wonder why it was only the day i decided to play the keyboard that the holy ghost decided to rain down. That particular day the service was extended by over a hour because the music was on point. Mehn, Music is powerful.
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by 2shur: 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by donnie(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
randomperson:
Technology, psychology... These are some of the things the miracle peddlers use to deceive people... Go to any anointing service or deliverance service, the music is always so loud and full. It just messes with you and makes u susceptible...

And was it technology that opened those deaf ears instantly in that live service at the Benny Hinn studio as Pastor Chris commanded?
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by zionmade(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
Playa0ne:
The level of naivety exhibited by Nigerians is ridiculous. Few guys in nice suits just gather you all together and tell you tales by moonlight in exchange for your hard earned cash? This is no longer funny I swear, something needs to be done urgently!

RETARD for ur info dat meeting was in USA. I think u know better dan dem. For the Americans themselves to believe in miracles den u must ask urself, am i wiser dan dem or am i just foolish?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emmanuel Obimma: "Father Mbaka Is Fake, He Gossips With Nnamdi Kanu's Name" / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK / Video Of The 2-Year-Old Boy Who Killed A Snake Being Interviewed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.