Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. (43842 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 10:49am On Feb 13, 2017
7th Case

A Pastor was admitted into the Medical ward, he had enlarged spleen and was severely anaemic. So he was told that his spleen had to be removed, he refused and said that he believed that God would heal him. He was constantly transfused with blood but the blood just ended up pooling in his spleen. He was constantly counselled, but he refused. His spleen just kept on pooling the blood till he died. I watched him die. He died while prayers were going on around him. They prayed and prayed, there was no answer.

This was a pastor with years of service to the kingdom. Couldn't that and his faith count for him?

Next Case (cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Seun(m): 10:49am On Feb 13, 2017
Setaje:
OK I get now. But what do u think they should say. That it just so happens that the cough left.
"My cough has left. I don't know why it left, but I am just so happy to be free. Drinks for everyone!"

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by 4thsense: 10:50am On Feb 13, 2017
4thsense:

Brother, I do not wish you to remain in the dark as long as you act out of ignorance. I put up this information not to argue, but to save the weak and potentially gullible. The reading below is for any human made in God's image, who is being manipulated and influenced by the means of the media to believe that THERE IS NO GOD. Note that God gives up people to a reprobate (stubbornly foolish) heart, who after having undeniable proofs of His existence chose to sell their souls to Satan by denying His existence and propagating such to sway others.

1 CORINTHIANS 1

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

ROMANS 1:

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

[b]20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

[/b]23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I have not seen one benefit men get from fighting their creator, whose words are full of wisdom and principles to make the world a beautiful place, except that they are influenced with the hatred that Satan has for God and His children. Against His children who he is bent on destroying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by avaa(m): 10:50am On Feb 13, 2017
samdavjustin:

I feel u bro it can really frustrating especially when your family is religious. My own case to go church every Sunday dey tire me I would rather sleep or watch movies. I just dey play along

For those who can't, I advise they play along till they become independent. There is a plus to it if you attend these new-generation churches. Some not-too-crappy music, connection, and a host of sanctified pussies to play with.

We'll get there bro

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by misteryman: 10:50am On Feb 13, 2017
Please you guys should stop this, and know that there is a supreme being in the heavens that created all , he exist and watches over us.
We are here for a purpose. We will all leave this earth oneday.

There is a Supreme Creator.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Setaje(f): 10:51am On Feb 13, 2017
Seun:

"My cough has left. I don't know why, but I am so happy. Drinks for everyone!"

Lol!!!! grin cheesy how about the cancer patient I no and the lady wiv the issue of blood for 5 years. They would have also said it has left. Drinks for everyone....
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by hopefulLandlord: 10:51am On Feb 13, 2017
Setaje:

Oga I studied Psychology and I no where you are going. I am neither schizophrenic nor bedouin. You can make you points wiv out sounding sarcastic.

no no no bro

I'm not calling you that, far from it

I'm just telling you that the eye and mind sees whatever he's determined to see aka the craving to believe

you can read up on the "alchemy of II Bragadano" and about the "Francesco Giuseppe Borri and the Philosopher's stone", see how people were so determined to believe that they didn't see the sleight of hands being used; even Italian aristocrats of the time fell victim to it, so did the entire city of venice; even the life imprisonment of Borri didn't stop people believing he's some miracle gold manufacturer that Queen Christina of Sweden kept visiting him and giving him money, food etc till he died

if you look at the clouds moving on a clear day long enough, you can see it change shape into anything, from perfume to chainsaws; it'll change to anything you're determined enough for it to change to, When its changed to "That thing" snap it and look at it days later, you'll see your need to believe its taken the shape you wanted it to take has fooled you and the pic you took looked nothing like what you thought it was

9 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:52am On Feb 13, 2017
akintom:

You're a joker. Your ignorance of the pathophysiology of what happened to you, made you hug the illusion of prayer.

Your abscess got ripened, gradually released the pus and your pain eased. You know why? The pain causing substances in your buttock got driven out with the release of the pus.

Again, Can you come up with something worth evidence, that prayer influenced?
Hehehe. .are you butthurt? You lot could be so insecure. He who wears the shoes knows where it pinches. How can you be so sure of your theories when you didn't physically analyse him.The man like many others have received clearly divine healings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 13, 2017
This is a very serious and good thread.

Allright, the question here is simple....why doesn't God heal people all the time or some of the time.?

(Standard disclaimer....this is not a means to convert atheists, or to reassure Christians.Just my answer to the question based on personal experience)

1.Well, God does heal. I would like to share a testimony. One of my brothers had repeated seizures when he was young. And he was not responding to the drugs that were being given to him, and even reacted to the drugs. So, one night, after another attack, my mother (an academic at the time), took my brother in her arms, and essentially prayed ....God, please heal him if it is your will. Since then, and this is over 27 years ago...my brother has not had another seizure. (My parents are both born again christians who do not necessarily buy into this prosperity gospel thing).

2.In dealing with God, we have to understand His Nature....and we have to realize that He knows more than we can ever know. So, the fact that he does not do things the way we want him to do it is not because he HATES us...it is because in his infinite wisdom, he knows what he is doing....and our job is to trust him regardless.(Sounds like a tyrant , doesn't he? I agree....)

3.But sometimes, bad things happen for a purpose. I myself once failed an important exam and had to repeat a year of university. I questioned God....a lot. The following year...I saw the reason why.I faced the same exam, and passed, but some people I knew failed again. And you know....I felt a great deal of empathy, and was able to comfort those who failed because I had gone through the failure.

4.Joni E. Tada is an American Christian writer, who in 1966 had an accident at the age of 17 which led to her becoming quadriplegic.Inspite of , or because of her suffering, she has allowed herself to be used by God to encourage others in their faith...able bodied and full bodied.

5.In 1976....the daughter of a well known American pastor, who was a teenager, and very athletic student, had to have her right leg amputated.And yes, it tested her father's faith (He almost gave up being a pastor) But through the lady's pain, God was able to encourage the faith of many people. Including the dad.

6.What am I saying. As God's children, we are not excluded from suffering. We are part of this world, which is under the sin curse. But the fact is....our suffering should help us rely on God even more...not for comfortable feelings, or for feelings of reaffirmation, but to show God's light to a suffering world. Because...there are many people who suffer death, pain, and injury...and do not know God. If Christians can be a shining light.....then more people would be attracted to the Light they see in the midst of suffering.

7.And another thing....God wants people who trust him implicitly...and not people who follow him because all their problems get solved.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by tete7000(m): 10:53am On Feb 13, 2017
Life ought to be an ongoing conversation with God. Everyday living ought to be done with God. We don't need to run into crises before we start looking to pray ourselves out of it. Somewhere up the road, before crisis set in, God was somewhere there trying to point our attention to what could go wrong. If we miss him there we really can leave him unable to help us when crisis eventually set in. Many problems we witness in life have their roots somewhere in the past, if we have avoided the rootcauses, the problem would never have manifested at all. God wants to walk with us each path of the way and stir us away from trouble. Quite unfortunately we usually turn him to a damage controller after the harm is already done. There is more to praying, when we pray we should equally look for God's will and pray that supersede our own following the example of Jesus who even though would have loved to have the cup of suffering pass over him but yet prayed to the father: 'Your will and not mine be done'.

Cc: Catfishbilly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by hopefulLandlord: 10:53am On Feb 13, 2017
Setaje:

You are mistaken magic for miracle. This same God created the earth for 7 days. He Followed an order.

so you're telling me your god CAN'T heal an amputee.

6 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Rexceedo: 10:54am On Feb 13, 2017
peacesamuel94:

There was a story of a boy In the bible, who had an ailment, the disciples tried to heal him but their efforts proved abortive. When Jesus came He called them Men of little faith( not men of no faith).

The mustard seed kind of faith is capable of moving mountains, but mountains are in sizes.
More grace to your life.... Ijn!

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by ikukuhero: 10:55am On Feb 13, 2017
Everything you have stated will never negate God's sovereignty. There is a God that rules over the universe. May you never pass through a condition that will make you run back to God. That said, your opinions about God does not change whom he is - The I AM. Furtherance to the message you've tried to pass across, every Christian must realise that God gave us a brain for a reason. At times, common sense could just be the answer to our prayers. Revelation! The Bible isn't against medication... Is there no balm in Gilead...? My Dad needed surgery but was told by his 'prophets' that he was going to die if he did. He delayed the surgery for years, in pain and discomfort until my Mum insisted he MUST do the surgery. He did! Surgery successful as against 'prophetic' counsel, totally okay and healthy! A while ago, an elderly man spoke of how he had cancer and was told he would die. He met with Bishop Oyedepo for prayers, but was asked by the Bishop to do the surgery. Surgery was successful. Another man bedridden with cancer only placed his legs in a bowl of water and got healed of bone marrow cancer! Well, some too have died despite praying. We must be able to discern between when God speaks and when a 'man of God' speaks.. If your faith cannot move the mountain, then seek other (godly) ways of moving that mountain. But, that does not mean that God does not answer prayers. He does. Moreover, you failed to mention times when your patients got miraculously healed. I can't type all my arguments here and apologies for any incoherence or typos. Finally, please all, there's no risk in accepting Jesus and being saved. But there's a huge risk of not accepting Jesus and regretting when it's too late.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Orikinla1: 10:57am On Feb 13, 2017
The ignorant are ignorant of their ignorance. grin

on to Happen!

Science Proves the Healing Power of Prayer
By
Tuesday, 31 Mar 2015 5:19 PM

For the devout, there never has been any question that prayer has the power to heal.

Now, more and more medical research from leading hospitals and universities across the U.S. has shown conclusively a belief in God really IS good for you, making you healthier and happier, and helping you live longer.

“Studies have shown prayer can prevent people from getting sick — and when they do get sick, prayer can help them get better faster,” Duke University’s Harold G. Koenig, M.D., tells Newsmax Health.

An exhaustive analysis of more than 1,500 reputable medical studies “indicates people who are more religious and pray more have better mental and physical health,” Dr. Koenig says.

“And out of 125 studies that looked at the link between health and regular worship, 85 showed regular churchgoers live longer.

“There’s a lot of evidence out there.”

Dr. Koenig — director of Duke’s Center for Spirituality, Theology and Health and the author of several authoritative books on faith and healing — says a striking study published in the Southern Medical Journal demonstrated that prayer has a remarkable effect on patients with hearing and visual deficiencies.

After prayer sessions, “They showed significant improvements based on audio and visual tests,” Dr. Koenig said.

He added: “The benefits of devout religious practice, particularly involvement in a faith community and religious commitment, are that people cope better. In general, they cope with stress better, they experience greater well-being because they have more hope, they're more optimistic, they experience less depression, less anxiety, and they commit suicide less often.

“They have stronger immune systems, lower blood pressure, and probably better cardiovascular functioning.”
SPECIAL: THE SECOND COMING: WHAT DOES THE BIBLE PREDICT?
Learn More

The proof of the power of prayer is overwhelming, says researcher and writer Tom Knox, a one-time atheist who became a regular worshipper after doing in-depth study of the medical benefits of faith.

“What I discovered astonished me,” admits Knox. “Over the past 30 years a growing and largely unnoticed body of scientific work shows religious belief is medically, socially, and psychologically beneficial.”

Study after study backs up the benefits of having faith, especially in prolonging life.
In 2006, population researchers at the University of Texas discovered that the more often you go to church, the longer you live.

“Religious attendance is associated with adult mortality in a graded fashion,” says Knox.

“There is a seven-year difference in life expectancy between those who never attend church and those who attend weekly.”

The American Journal of Public Health studied nearly 2,000 older Californians for five years and found that those who attended religious services were 36 percent less likely to die during that period than those who didn’t.

A study of nearly 4,000 older adults for the U.S. Journal of Gerontology revealed that atheists had a significantly increased chance of dying over a six-year period than the faithful.

Crucially, religious people lived longer than atheists even if they didn’t go regularly to a place of worship.

The American Society of Hypertension established in 2006 that church-goers have lower blood pressure than non-believers.

Scientists have also revealed believers recover from breast cancer quicker than non-believers, have better outcomes from coronary disease and rheumatoid arthritis, and are less likely to have children with meningitis.

Research at San Francisco General Hospital looked at the effect of prayer on 393 cardiac patients. Half were prayed for by strangers who had only the patients’ names. Those patients had fewer complications, fewer cases of pneumonia, and needed less drug treatment.

They also got better quicker and left the hospital earlier.

Concluded Knox: “Atheists can sneer at faith all they like, but they can’t assume science is on their side.”

© 2017 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/635623

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by 4thsense: 10:57am On Feb 13, 2017
4thsense:

Brother, I do not wish you to remain in the dark as long as you act out of ignorance. I put up this information not to argue, but to save the weak and potentially gullible. The reading below is for any human made in God's image, who is being manipulated and influenced by the means of the media to believe that THERE IS NO GOD. Note that God gives up people to a reprobate (stubbornly foolish) heart, who after having undeniable proofs of His existence chose to sell their souls to Satan by denying His existence and propagating such to sway others.

1 CORINTHIANS 1

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

ROMANS 1:

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

[b]20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

[/b]23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I had served satan and knew him and his ways. Now I have in the past 18 years been having a personal relationship with this God that satan has recruited men through the power of the media for an all out onslaught. I have no failed prayers.

My wife had died at about mid-night after three years of marriage and I was crying for a while, calling all numbers I had. The medical doctors and pastors I knew were all fast asleep, until I remembers that I WAS A CHILD OF GOD. That was all that made the difference for I called back my wife to life and and snatched her from the jaws of satan the loser, who was defeated, disarmed, deceived and destroyed forever by the power of the cross.

Shame on satan for this post. Jesus has a witness here today.

So what are all these conniving against the cross all about again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by leeikem(m): 10:58am On Feb 13, 2017
CatfishBilly:
The 4th case.

Dude was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma/Squamous cell carcinoma (they just weren't sure, story for another day) and had to have one of his arms amputated.

Because he came late to the hospital, it has already metastasized to other parts of his body. I've never seen anybody in so much pain before in my entire life. They were poor and couldn't afford to pay for his drugs. As they had no money, they turned to prayers, they prayed and prayed but dude just got worse, he was in so much pain that we had to constantly sedate him with morphine (the strongest pain killer known to man), he was constantly sedated till he eventually passed on, in spite of all the prayers from parents, church members and siblings.

Is it that their prayers don't worth anything?

Next Case

Una follow kill am ' why didn't you people treatment him first and give him drugs to survive before ' waiting to get money ' instead you sedated the dude continually ' and started telling us he later died '

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Setaje(f): 11:00am On Feb 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord

He cannot replace a hand. That is magic. Everything follows an order. Just as jesus couldn't have come directly from heaven, he had to follow an order. God has given us brains to use for our own development. He would rather give a divine revelation to scientist through dreams and visions on how to improve on making amputees live a fruitful life again. Such as growing a new hand or leg artificially through science. After all he is omniscience.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by akintom(m): 11:00am On Feb 13, 2017
ApostleT:

You still don't understand death from a Christian perspective. I lost my wife at a very young age to something that could easily be cured medically but there was no symptom for us to know she was suffering with this condition until post-mortem showed the cause of death. Did we pray? yes we did, despite one of the best medical cares in the world, she was gone within an hour. It was like a system shutting down. It was like a massive heart attack and that's what everyone (- paramedics, air ambulance crew, etc) treated but it was just the symptom of the final stage.

Stop misleading the simple and the gullible.

Medically speaking, no disease that's capable of progressing to death within days, will not have signalled A DISTURBING SIGN.

What used to happen to you religious folks, is to IGNORE , REJECT and REBUKE such signs. Claiming you're strong when you're dying.

I speak from my experiences with religious folks.

Again, am very familiar with Christian religion, my first over 27 years of life ideologies were sphered in that religion. Until i dump the childish gist of the Christian doctrine, i have always found the idiocy in embracing the illusions of the Bible doctrines, as the most repulsive thing.

There's nothing virtuous in death that's secondary to idiocy.

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Boyoorisha: 11:00am On Feb 13, 2017
WE TREAT BUT GOD HEALS
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by LEXYCOM: 11:02am On Feb 13, 2017
Y are u not sharing the cases that were beyond remedy and yet God intervened? U dey take Glory for those ones abi? Our God is in heaven and does whatever pleases him. He is the sovereign God. because the prayers of does people were not answer those not reduce him. Don't be an instrument in the hands of the devil to weaken the faith of those seriously praying to God. GOD answers prayer and will continuously answer prayers

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by hopefulLandlord: 11:04am On Feb 13, 2017
Setaje:
hopefulLandlord

He cannot replace a hand. That is magic. Everything follows an order. Just as jesus couldn't have come directly from heaven, he had to follow an order. God has given us brains to use for our own development. He would rather give a divine revelation to scientist through dreams and visions on how to improve on making amputees live a fruitful life again. Such as growing a new hand or leg artificially through science. After all he is omniscience.

@ bolded

tell me more about things your "Omnipotent" god can't do grin

8 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by 4thsense: 11:05am On Feb 13, 2017
4thsense:

I had served satan and knew him and his ways. Now I have in the past 18 years been having a personal relationship with this God that satan has recruited men through the power of the media for an all out onslaught. I have no failed prayers.

My wife had died at about mid-night after three years of marriage and I was crying for a while, calling all numbers I had. The medical doctors and pastors I knew were all fast asleep, until I remembers that I WAS A CHILD OF GOD. That was all that made the difference for I called back my wife to life and and snatched her from the jaws of satan the loser, who was defeated, disarmed, deceived and destroyed forever by the power of the cross.

Shame on satan for this post. Jesus has a witness here today.

It is unfortunate that Seun has chosen not to keep his atheism to himself. Why all this obvious use of this platform to fight the Cross?

So what are all these conniving against the cross all about again?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by hopefulLandlord: 11:06am On Feb 13, 2017
akintom:

Stop misleading the simple and the gullible.

Medically speaking, no disease that's capable of progressing to death within days, will not have signalled A DISTURBING SIGN.

What used to happen to you religious folks, is to IGNORE , REJECT and REBUKE such signs. Claiming you're strong when you're dying.

I speak from my experiences with religious folks.

Sir, I salute this

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Firstcitizen: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2017
The bible clearly records cases where prayer FAILED. Jesus's desciples tried to pray for a mentally deranged man and failed until he intervened himself. Remember he told them some of the reasons why they failed. There are countless other reasons.

OP I still do not get your point. I am on the same route as well and the only thing I cannot disprove its the power of prayer. Its a great mystery because I have seen the the prayers of members of other religions answered in the face of desperation as well. The tenets of buddhism is used in Psychology and documented to be effective in medical science and medical science is still yet to understand how it works.

OP and Seun. what is your point?

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by stifej: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2017
you dont belief in prayer ryt? how can u explain to me how a woman without womb is able to give birth to twins?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by peacesamuel94(m): 11:10am On Feb 13, 2017
Rexceedo:
More grace to your life.... Ijn!

Amen sir, God bless.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Seun(m): 11:10am On Feb 13, 2017
4thsense:
How did you know that your wife was dead? Did you check her pulse and heartbeat? (yes/no). Did you check her breathing? (yes/no).

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by hopefulLandlord: 11:14am On Feb 13, 2017
stifej:
you dont belief in prayer ryt? how can u explain to me how a woman without womb is able to give birth to twins?

because SHE HAD A FREAKING WOMB

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by akintom(m): 11:15am On Feb 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Sir, I salute this
carry on bro.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by rikamann: 11:17am On Feb 13, 2017
Standing5:
Great, I like to also see a thread highlighting instances where prayer worked or a miracle was worked.

I am one Standing5!
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Codyt(m): 11:18am On Feb 13, 2017
stagger:
Mumu OP doctor,
did it occur to you that if all sick people's prayers were answered, you will have no livelihood? Even the bible records that in His hometown, Jesus could not do any mighty work there because of the unbelief of the people.

I am a personal testimony that prayer and healing are as real as it gets. I will not share my story here, but my experience is enough to confirm that prayer works, and healing is also available. Yes, mine took time to get, but I got it eventually.

Besides, are you aware that many Eastern religions also heal people? Read Yonggi Cho's Book on "The Fourth Dimension". You will understand these things better.
Stale angry

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by tohpahz(f): 11:18am On Feb 13, 2017
stifej:
When u explain to me why God chooses who he saves and who he abandons

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Private jet: Apostle Johnson Suleman finally speaks / Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / Apostle Suleman Mourns Sammie Okposo; Calls Out Pastors Who Judged Late Singer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.