Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. (64920 Views)

Biafra Is A Failed Project, We Are For One Nigeria – Igbo Community In Adamawa / Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) / Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Laird(m): 3:54am On Feb 19, 2017
Post loading
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Laird(m): 3:54am On Feb 19, 2017
momentarylapse:

Look at the sort of igbo leaders even speaking for the igbo people sef! Men and women who have made their money from fraternising with the same yoruba, hausa and other tribal criminals who have also run their own regions down!

I was even expecting to see some young vibrant men or women who have been politically sidelined speaking on behalf of the youths! Instead it is these same old beasts that are so rich but do not even have the gumption to use their influence or money to invest in their people, provide infrastructure for them or even empower them politically! Nigerian youths really don't know their problems! Religion, poverty and tribalism has confused us all!

BRO YOU ARE RIGHT

ALL THOSE OHANAEZE HOMMIES JUST SMELLINH THE COFFEE BECAUSE ABUJA AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS NOT DANCING TO THEIR PERSONAL TUNE

LET ABUJA GIVE THEM JUICY POSITIONS OR CASH OR CONTRACTS AND WATCH THEM SING ONE NIGERIA.
BLOODY OLD PAPA CHAMELIONS

WHY DIDNT THEY ASK.JONATHAN FOR SEAPORT, REFINERIES,

WHY DIDNT THEY LOBBY JONATHAN HARD FOR INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE EAST

JONATHAN WAS settling THOSe CROOKS Then

I am Igbo but I stand for progress, productivity, honesty, sense and results

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by anaton(m): 8:18am On Feb 19, 2017
The only place Igbos can be comfortable is Biafra
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by signz: 10:01am On Feb 19, 2017
Nice one from Nnia Nwodo. He hit the nail at the head without mincing words. We hope and pray this new Ohaneze continues to speak the minds of majority of Igbos without bowing to intimidation and bribe.

If we had a vibrant Ohaneze, IPOB wouldn't have been as popular as it is now. But nature abhors vacuum, lack of leadership that really represents the wishes of the ordinary Igboman led to the formation of MASSOB and IPOB.

Meanwhile it's been long I saw a thread in the politics section that has over 20 pages. I just read the first page and wrote my mind. I no get strength to read over 20 pages of pure hate and bigotry that is now the norm in this politics section.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
unstableaswater:
Could not be bothered to read all that, nexttime summarise.

There are no deep seaport in the SS/SE. Rivers, Akwa Ibom ARE southeast coast.

There are no functional international airport in SE/SS.

Dont bother with any long story, facts are often short and clear but bull shit are long incoherent and pointless.

You couldn't be bothered to read it? shocked undecided Yeah, now we know why your ignorance is legendary. It is people like you who refuse to educate themselves that end up making ridiculous remarks on NL. In your view Onne seaport inside the Onne Free Trade Zone, is not located in the South-South (SS), right? Thanks for letting us know that you flunked geography in school.

Maybe Port-harcourt international Airport & Enugu International Airport look like motor parks or spare parts markets to you, that is why you are repeating that there are no international airports in the SE/SS. sad From your remarks, everyone can see that you are the one spewing out bull sh'it. Here, continue wallowing in your ignorance. Who am I to stop you? cheesy

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
laudate:

You couldn't be bothered to read it? shocked undecided Yeah, now we know why your ignorance is legendary. It is people like you who refuse to educate themselves that end up making ridiculous remarks on NL. In your view Onne seaport inside the Onne Free Trade Zone, is not located in the South-South (SS), right? Thanks for letting us know that you flunked geography in school.

Maybe Port-harcourt international Airport & Enugu International Airport look like motor parks or spare parts markets to you, that is why you are repeating that there are no international airports in the SE/SS. sad From your remarks, everyone can see that you are the one spewing out bull sh'it. Here, continue wallowing in your ignorance. Who am I to stop you? cheesy

Is Onne a Deep Seaport? Do you even know wat a deep Seaport is?

It is not bad to say, u dnt know at times rather than make a fool of urself and i mean that in the kindest way no offense intended.

U are talking about Airport started by GEJ that is not yet functionally complete.

Please u and i both follow the news so talk to me with a little bit of respect as one that is not ignorant. Thanks

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
This is the coastline of Nigeria. In my Opinion Deep Seaport should be in every State with a Coastline.

Rather they are building two more new deep Seaport in Lagos called Badagry Deep Seaport and Lekki Deep Seaport, to join,the Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island Port in Lagos

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/2-6bn-badagry-deep-sea-port-projectll-boost-nations-economy-ambode/
http://www.nigerianports.org/news.aspx?id=406

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Splashme: 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
blues2022:

Wetin concern you Mr. Afonja. Can't you mind your business. You guys are really afor'jo. angry
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
unstableaswater:
Is Onne a Deep Seaport? Do you even know wat a deep Seaport is?

It is not bad to say, u dnt know at times rather than make a fool of urself and i mean that in the kindest way no offense intended.

U are talking about Airport started by GEJ that is not yet functionally complete.

Please u and i both follow the news so talk to me with a little bit of respect as one that is not ignorant. Thanks

What is a deep seaport? Please tell us. Is it the same Onne whose draught is deeper than that of Apapa & Tincan port in Lagos? And what year was Enugu International Airport and Port-harcourt International Airport built?

Port Harcourt International Airport (IATA: PHC, ICAO: DNPO) is an international airport located in Omagwa, a suburb of Port Harcourt, the capital city of the Rivers State in Nigeria. The airport has a single terminal with separate facilities for international and domestic flights. In 2009, the airport served 1,081,587 passengers, making it the third busiest airport in Nigeria.

The Port Harcourt non-directional beacon (Ident: PR) and VOR-DME (Ident: POT) are located on the field. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Harcourt_International_Airport

Onne Port Complex is situated along Bonny Estuary on Ogu Creek which is about 25 kilometers south of Port Harcourt, Rivers State of Nigeria. The geographical area of the Port spans between NAFCON (Now NOTORE) Jetty and Bonny Island. It passes-crosses three Local Government Areas of Rivers State, namely: Eleme, Ogu-Bolo and Bonny. The land area of approximately 2,500 hectares is situated on the soil of Eleme Local Government Area while the channel to the Port along Bonny River and Ogu Creek within Bonny and Ogu-Bolo Local Government Areas.

There are two major Terminal facilities at Onne Port Complex. These are the Federal Ocean Terminal (FOT ) and the Federal Lighter Terminal ( FLT ).

FEDERAL OCEAN TERMINAL (FOT)
The Federal Ocean Terminal has a total quay length of 2890 meters. This terminal which is deep and large was designed to accommodate and anchor bigger and ocean going vessels and to berth vessels of 40,100 to 50,000 DWT capacity. It was envisaged to be the largest, deepest most modern Port in the West and Central African sub-regions and has potential for expansion to serve both local and international investors. Being concessional to a multinational company called Intels Logistics services (INTELS), the construction of the Ocean terminal, was designed to be in 4 (four) phases. Three of this with 11 berths are completed and being utilized. http://www.nigerianports.org/AboutUsOnnePort.aspx
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nwaoma198(f): 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
We no fear....naa we develop unaquote author=arinolaa post=53814879]

Ki lo dey? Lmao una dey fear? grin[/quote]
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
unstableaswater:
This is the coastline of Nigeria. In my Opinion Deep Seaport should be in every State with a Coastline.

Rather they are building two new deep Seaport in Lagos called Badagry Deep Seaport and Lekki Deep Seaport, to join,the Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island Port in Lagos

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/2-6bn-badagry-deep-sea-port-projectll-boost-nations-economy-ambode/

Stop envying Lagos. undecided It is not the Federal Govt that is building the new seaports in Lagos. It is the state govt in partnership with private investors. Tinubu and Fashola conceived the idea of the Lekki Free Trade Zone including the deep seaport at Lekki, and they went round the world looking for investors to take part in the project, until they found them. sad Same thing goes for Badagry.

You can also ask your state govt to do the same if your state has a coastline to the sea, just like what Udom is currently doing with the newly proposed Ibaka sea port in Akwa Ibom. sad
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
laudate:

What is a deep seaport? Please tell us. Is it the same Onne whose draught is deeper than that of Apapa & Tincan port in Lagos? And what year was Enugu International Airport and Port-harcourt International Airport built?

Onne at best is a deep river port which is situated on the Bonny River Estuary along Ogu creek. Big ships are unable to access the port.

I would think that the word Sea was enough clue for u but u insist on flogging a dead horse. I may not reply u again.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 4:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
unstableaswater:
Onne at best is a deep water port which is situated on the Bonny River Estuary along Ogu creek. Big ships are unable to access the port. I would think that the word Sea was enough clue for u but u insist on flogging a dead horse. I may not reply u again.

Big ships are unable to access Onne sea port?? Who told you that big lie?? shocked
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
laudate:

Big ships are unable to access Onne sea port?? Who told you that big lie?? shocked

As for Enugu international Airport and Port Harcourt International Airport, go and search on google. It is better u find the answer urself since u want to argue against my humble submission.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
We are in the information age, dont argue ignorantly and start asking childish question.

I dont have time to spoon feed u. I have documents on my table awaiting my perusal.

Wen u educate urself and free ur ignorance, u will start to understand that it is hard to hide anything from people in an informatina age.

U want to argue about Enugu International Airport that is still under construction from 2013 till date or is it Port Harcourt that they are yet to build?

The way so many of u talk is the reason people get shot, u want to play with the head of ur fellow man, that is definately gay.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 4:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
unstableaswater:
As for Enugu international Airport and Port Harcourt International Airport, go and search on google. It is better u find the answer urself since u want to argue against my humble submission.

Guy, go and pay a visit to both airports before you come back to yarn these stories, biko. sad

Ethiopian Airline commences Enugu-New York flights | POSTED BY NAN ON JUNE 23, 2016 IN BUSINESS, ECONOMY |

Tewolde said the airline would commence scheduled thrice weekly flights to New York-Newark from Addis Ababa on July 3 via Lomé, Togo, thereby connecting Enugu to New York

Ethiopian Airline will commence three days a week flights from Enugu to New York on Thursday (today) to enhance business in the South East in particular and the country in general. The Group Chief Executive Officer of the airline, GebreMariam Tewolde, announced this at the 70th Anniversary of the airline in Enugu on Wednesday.

Tewolde said the airline would commence scheduled thrice weekly flights to New York-Newark from Addis Ababa on July 3 via Lomé, Togo, thereby connecting Enugu to New York. He said the company would deploy a modern Boeing 787 Dreamliner on the route.

He said: “For travelers flying out of Lagos through Lome to New York, the journey is about 12-hour flight as passengers will connect between New York-Newark and many cities throughout Africa. “At Lomé, passengers will enjoy seamless connections to/from points in West Africa with ASKY, Ethiopian partner airline based in Lomé.

“Connections will be available to/from Abidjan, Bamako, Bissau, Brazzaville, Conakry, Dakar, Douala, Kinshasa, Lagos, Libreville, N’djamena, Niamey, Ouagadougou, Yaoundé etc. “We are very pleased that Ethiopian Airline has taken the leadership role in Africa and is among the few leading airlines in the world to invest in this latest technology and efficient flying machine. http://theeagleonline.com.ng/ethiopian-airline-commences-enugu-new-york-flights/
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
laudate:

Guy, go and pay a visit to both airports before you come back to yarn these stories, biko. sad

U argue like a Child, how old are u exactly?

Y do u think the SE/SS love GEJ so much? He began construction of both International Airport in 2013 and works are still on till date. That is the argument here. Follow the tangent.

Since 1960s, it is only wen GEJ came to government that the entire SS/SE could boast of an International Airport that is still on the way.

https://www.nairaland.com/3180249/new-enugu-international-airport-terminal

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 4:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
The guy was arguing so poorly and desperately that i had to post picture of Enugu international Airport Building under construction.

It is not Operational yet becos there are still on going work on the interior and the run way.

The Port Harcourt International Airport is yet to be built.

As for Deep Seaport, the entire SS/SE has none. It is Lagos for everybody. Dont let Godless people lie to u or deceive u.

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by BabaRamota1980: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
unstableaswater:

Rather they are building two new deep Seaport in Lagos called Badagry Deep Seaport and Lekki Deep Seaport, to join,the Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island Port in Lagos

On the local side, the Badagry and Lekki projects were initiated by Lagos State and in partnership with FG.

Why can't the State Governments in SE/SS approach FG with similar proposals?

There are few infrastructures in Lagos that are 100% owned by FG and they are largely abandoned to rot due to FG's poor culture of maintenance and sustainability. Murtala Muhammed International Airport, National Stadium, National Theater. All in poor state, but look at Tafawa Balewa Square (co owned), look at State House Marina (abandoned but Lagos State took ownership), Tin Can port was also a joint ownership. Lagos State is building its own International Airport in Lekki. It is expanding and improving its surface transit network and even thinking of a regional cross-border transportation system.

Your leaders are of the mind that FG owes you something and is why they always whine about being abandoned and marginalized. It is time youths of SE/SS begin to demand accountability from your leaders. Yorubas dont care what Tinubu does or doesnt do as a private citizen, your people are the ones that open threads raising.questions of accountability in Lagos. Imagine how much you could change course of destiny for your homeland if those same probes are directed at Jim Nwobodo, Orji Uzor Kalu, Peter Obi, Diezani, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.

You can get a deep sea port, you can get monuments and developments. Take the initial step...commit self interest and ask FG to partner your effort.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

On the local side, the Badagry and Lekki projects were initiated by Lagos State and in partnership with FG.

Why can't the State Governments in SE/SS approach FG with similar proposals?

There are few infrastructures in Lagos that are 100% owned by FG and they are largely abandoned to rot due to FG's poor culture of maintenance and sustainability. Murtala Muhammed International Airport, National Stadium, National Theater. All in poor state, but look at Tafawa Balewa Square (co owned), look at State House Marina (abandoned but Lagos State took ownership), Tin Can port was also a joint ownership. Lagos State is building its own International Airport in Lekki. It is expanding and improving its surface transit network and even thinking of a regional cross-border transportation system.

Your leaders are of the mind that FG owes you something and is why they always whine about being abandoned and marginalized. It is time youths of SE/SS begin to demand accountability from your leaders. Yorubas dont care what Tinubu does or doesnt do as a private citizen, your people are the ones that open threads raising.questions of accountability in Lagos. Imagine how much you could change course of destiny for your homeland if those same probes are directed at Jim Nwobodo, Orji Uzor Kalu, Peter Obi, Diezani, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.

You can get a deep sea port, you can get monuments and developments. Take the initial step...commit self interest and ask FG to partner your effort.

Finally somebody that has the fear of God.

Oya Laudate come and argue with him about the Deep Seaport u built in the SS/SE.

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
unstableaswater:
We are in the information age, dont argue ignorantly and start asking childish question.

I dont have time to spoon feed u. I have documents on my table awaiting my perusal.

Wen u educate urself and free ur ignorance, u will start to understand that it is hard to hide anything from people in an informatina age.

U want to argue about Enugu International Airport that is still under construction from 2013 till date or is it Port Harcourt that they are yet to build?

The way so many of u talk is the reason people get shot, u want to play with the head of ur fellow man, that is defiantely gay.

They are yet to build Port-harcourt International Airport?? shocked Haba, guy.... why you dey fall my hand like dis, nah? Port-harcourt Airport that was built in 1979? Isn't it the old terminal building that is being renovated? As for Enugu International Airport, (i.e. Akanu Ibiam international Airport, Enugu) it has been in existence for the past few years. Your sister Stella Ada Oduah the Ada Eze Chukwu of Ogbaru, who was former Minister of Aviation started the renovation or upgrading of the airport, when she served under Jonathan. Ask her why she did not complete the renovation.

There was a heavy rainfall in November 2016 that affected the airport terminal building, and repairs are yet to be concluded on the damaged portion of the building. But commercial operations are still going on. undecided Same thing with Port-harcourt Airport.

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 4:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
laudate:

They are yet to build Port-harcourt International Airport?? shocked Haba, guy.... why you dey fall my hand like dis, nah? Port-harcourt Airport that was built in 1979? Isn't it the old terminal building that is being renovated? As for Enugu International Airport, (i.e. Akanu Ibiam international Airport, Enugu) it has been in existence for the past few years. Your sister Stella Ada Oduah the Ada Eze Chukwu of Ogbaru, who was former Minister of Aviation started the renovation or upgrading of the airport, when she served under Jonathan. Ask her why she did not complete the renovation.

There was a heavy rainfall in November 2016 that affected the airport terminal building, and repairs are yet to be concluded on the damaged portion of the building. But commercial operations are still going on. undecided Same thing with Port-harcourt Airport.

Ur too childish and talking to u is giving me headache but after I expose ur fraud, i will never have a discussion with u on nairaland again.

Honorable Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, in an inspection tour at Port Harcourt International Airport, Rivers State.
This project was abandon by former President Goodluck Jonathan, PDP administration but Amaechi promise to complete it before the end of this year under president Muhammadu Buhari. administration, see photos below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2990069/amaechi-inspects-port-harcourt-international-airport
http://www.viviangist.com/rotimi-amaechi-inspects-port-harcourt-international-airport-photos

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
unstableaswater:
Finally somebody that has the fear of God.

Oya Laudate come and argue with him about the Deep Seaport u built in the SS/SE.

Why should I argue with him and for what reason? He was talking about Lagos ports and he made a valid point, that re-echoed the one I made earlier. So why on earth should I argue with him? Was he talking about Onne seaport, or how the Igbo developed Lagos, like you and your folks have been chanting on this thread?? cheesy

Are you not the same person arguing earlier that that "...how did the Igbo NOT develop Lagos, because there were no sea ports in SE/SS?" Wasn't I the one that pointed out to you that seaports existed in your region, and reminded you that Onne Sea port was one of them? sad
So, what silly fake story are you spinning here now? Get your facts right! undecided
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
Most State in Nigeria have an Airport, Rivers and Enugu are no exception. Enugu was upgraded to International Airport with remodeling of local airport by GEJ and likewise port harcourt.

Enugu international terminal is yet to be completed, whilst port harcourt international terminal is not yet built.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 4:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
unstableaswater:
Ur too childish and talking to u is giving me headache but after I expose ur fraud, i will never have a discussion with u on nairaland again.

Honorable Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, in an inspection tour at Port Harcourt International Airport, Rivers State.
This project was abandon by former President Goodluck Jonathan, PDP administration but Amaechi promise to complete it before the end of this year under president Muhammadu Buhari. administration, see photos below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2990069/amaechi-inspects-port-harcourt-international-airport
http://www.viviangist.com/rotimi-amaechi-inspects-port-harcourt-international-airport-photos

unstableaswater:
Most State in Nigeria have an Airport, Rivers and Enugu are no exception. Enugu was upgraded to International Airport with remodeling of local airport and likewise port harcourt.

Enugu international terminal is yet to be completed, whilst port harcourt international terminal is not yet built.

Guy, you are the fraudulent one! Port-harcourt International Airport was built in 1979. It has been undergoing renovation of the old terminal building. So how can you claim that Port-harcourt Airport has NOT been built??! shocked

Enugu International Airport was still receiving international cargo flights till November 2016.

These guys in your photo are inspecting the ongoing renovation works at the already existing airport in Port-harcourt! shocked
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 4:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
laudate:

Guy, you are the fraudulent one! Port-harcourt International Airport was built in 1979. It has been undergoing renovation of the old terminal building. So how can you claim that Port-harcourt Airport has NOT been built??! shocked

These guys in your photo are inspecting the ongoing renovation works at the already existing airport in Port-harcourt! shocked

Are u the person that built it? If not tell us who built it? I thought u posted a picture of a completed international airport in port harcourt?
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
Tell us who built it now? Are u contemplating whether to say? Is it u that built it?
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
unstableaswater:
U argue like a Child, how old are u exactly?

Y do u think the SE/SS love GEJ so much? He began construction of both International Airport in 2013 and works are still on till date. That is the argument here. Follow the tangent.

Since 1960s, it is only wen GEJ came to government that the entire SS/SE could boast of an International Airport that is still on the way.

https://www.nairaland.com/3180249/new-enugu-international-airport-terminal

And you argue like a toddler! Were you not the same person that claimed Enugu International Airport had not been built in your earlier post? How come you are now showing pictures of the completed airport buildings at the same airport? What kind of fraudulent story are you yarning here?

When Enugu state governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi received the first Ethiopian Airline international cargo airplane that landed in Enugu in August 2016, where did he receive it? And in which airport did that plane land?

The Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, received the first cargo aircraft in the airport on Tuesday.

Speaking at the occasion, the Governor of Enugu State, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, commended the Federal Government for the realisation of the cargo section of the airport.

The governor, who also addressed stakeholders and the business community that witnessed the landing of the first cargo aircraft in the airport, described the occasion as significant.

He said that the landing of the cargo aircraft, a Boeing 757 operated by Ethiopian Airlines, would open up the South-East of the country to the international community.

“Three years ago, precisely on August 24, 2013, we welcomed the first ever international flight to this airport operated by Ethiopian Airlines.

Today, we have gathered to celebrate the first landing of cargo courtesy of the same airlines.

We cannot over-emphasise the tremendous socio-economic benefit that this significant milestone in the history of aviation in the state promises to bring to the region,” he said.

Ugwuanyi said that the state government would take advantage of the economic benefits afforded by cargo delivery at the airport.

“Not only can our people fly to and from all parts of the world, but they can now have bulk cargo delivered to them through the airport.

It will save cost, enhance convenience in the importation of goods, create employment and help raise the profile of this airport.”

We thank the Ethiopian Airlines for taking the lead to assist our people in the economic development of our region.

I urge the business moguls to take advantage of this for the benefit of all,” Ugwuanyi said.

The Traffic and Sales Manager of the airlines, Biniam Addisu, said that the future of the cargo business in the airport was viable. https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/08/akanu-ibiam-international-airport-enugu-receives-first-cargo-aircraft/
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
The people of Imo had to build a house by themselves and call it International Cargo airport.

Until GEJ came and built for them an international Cargo Airport.

Imo is an Oil producing State Oo!

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
Laudate did u build an international airport in Port Harcourt? If u didn't, who did? This is not socialisation as if we were in the real world, i would have injured u by now.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by unstableaswater: 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
This is Laudate Onne Deep Seaport. Mind u he is the only one dta calls it a deepseaport, the people that built it dont call it a deep seaport. They call it ONNE PORT.

Wat is the difference between this and Onitsha Port besides this water being deeper?

I keep telling my igbo brothers that the people they are dealing with a wicked demons and not humans.

Do we have access to the Sea in the SS/SE?

Rivers and Akwa Ibom provides access to the Sea for the East. The SS have Bayelsa and Delta.

Even Ondo should have a deep Seaport.

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by laudate: 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2017
unstableaswater:
Laudate did u build an international airport in Port Harcourt? If u didn't, who did? This is not socialisation as if we were in the real world, i would have injured u by now.

Injured who? You that has been arguing blindly from day one?? shocked

Ok, let me break it down for you in simple English so you can understand it. Port-harcourt International Airport has been opened for business since 1979. For many years, oil workers in Port-harcourt and other areas in the SS, used to fly direct into the region via that airport, on international flights such as Lufthansa etc. In 2006, it was closed for renovation after a fire outbreak and flights were diverted to Owerri Airport. After a few years, it was reopened. undecided

In 2010 again, it was closed temporarily for renovations, and later re-opened. Under Stella Ada Oduah, the former Aviation Minister, it was proposed that international flights should be separated from domestic flights at the old terminal, so a new terminal would be built for that purpose, while the old terminal would be upgraded and renovated. The Federal Govt approved N106 billion naira for construction of new airport terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Port-Harcourt and Enugu, under Jonathan.

The international airports’ new terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, and Kano are being built by China Civil Engineering Company with loans secured from Nexim Bank, while the modernisation of the old airports began during Mrs. Stella Oduah’s tenure.

However, commercial flights are still on-going at all these airports where the old terminals are being upgraded or renovated, and where the new terminals are being built. Can you understand it now, or is it still too difficult for you to comprehend?

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has faulted a recent ranking which rated the Port Harcourt International Airport as the worst airport in the world.

This is contained in a statement issued on Tuesday in Lagos by Mr Yakubu Dati, FAAN’s General Manager, Corporate Affairs. NAN reports that the ranking by SleepingInAirports.net rated the Port Harcourt International Airport as “the dirtiest and most corrupt airport in Africa”.

FAAN, in its statement said, “Our stand is that the said ranking was unfounded as it did not take cognisance of the fact that the airport terminal was still undergoing remodeling.

“Some of its terminal operations are still conducted in a temporary structure”.

The statement pointed out that the existing domestic terminal, from which both international and local flights were conducted, was undergoing remodeling.

“Apart from this, construction work is also in progress at the site of the new international terminal.

“We believe that operations at such an airport where construction work is going on simultaneously with normal flight and related operations cannot be as conducive as in those airports where there are no on-going construction projects.

“Neither can environments at such different scenarios be equally clean, the statement added. https://www.informationng.com/2015/10/port-harcourt-airport-not-the-dirtiest-most-corrupt-in-africa-faan.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Fresh MC Oluomo Returns Back To Nigeria After Vacation In The US. Photos / Lady Wearing Bra Supports For Atiku And Peter Obi / Yemi Osinbajo And Parents During Graduation Ceremony (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.