Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? (10365 Views)

Tunde Bakare Worried That APC Govt Is Finding It Difficult To Bring "Change" / Who Is The Most Corrupt President In Nigeria So Far? / What Is So Difficult In Road Building? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2009
Yes business organisations need a source of energy in order to produce goods and services. Energy itself is also a good ,and so for it to be produced there needs to be appropriate investment in energy generation, transmission and distribution systems. The question is who pays for all these? The business customer or the FGN?
At the end of the day there is no free lunch, so it is appropriate that each private business bears the full cost of its energy needs.
I would never ever support a system whereby the FGN uses its scarce resources($20billion per year) to prop up private businesses or give favour to indigenous contractors That would be pure nonsense.
There should be a level playing field for all businesses.
Moreover, it is the role of entrepreneurs to come up with efficient, cost-effective ways of generating energy.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2009
faakay:

@ mr. kobunjie or ko shi je

Even me as a young guy can see the problems we are facing in nigeria

Justcash is making a valid point:::

Instead of you contributing/collaborating on how Nigeria will develop,  you are writing absolutely nonsense and arguing blindly  angry   undecided

I believe you are one of the Anti-Nigeria Developmental Agency Scheme

@Justcash I will advise you to kindly stop debating with Mr. Kobojunkie:::

I believe he doesn't know what it takes for a nation to develop.

[/size]Let me give you some example of Development:
1. Reliable medical system (non profit organization)
2. Credible education system (non profit organization)
[size=15pt]3. Constant power supply
[/size]4. Obeying the laws
5. Solid security system
6. National citizen identification system.
7. Credible electoral system
8. Better public transportation system and so on.

We need to treat No.3 Item first,

No. 3 is compulsory so that all the following items on the list will work::: without No. 3,  All the rest will FAIL

Eradication of poverty is not all about pumping & sharing funds but by creating job for his citizens

[size=20pt]#LIghtupNIgeria[/size]
Visit: http://www.lightupnigeria.org/ for more info

I wish I could say you know how to read considering NO WHERE In my post have I made the claim that these items are not vital to growth of an economy and development of the people . Maybe you ought to spend time reading conversations rather than jumping in at the end to insult when you have absolutely no idea or clue what is being said. If you do not understand what is being said, do not jump to insult yourself. Rather ask for help or answers.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2009
Justcash:

The Kobojunkie dude was ranting rubbish. He interpreted my statement that Nigerian Leaders are "Anti-developmental" as that I was saying that they are "Clueless".
When leaders have a clue of what to do, but decide to do the opposite, what does it mean? The guy even went ahead to proclaim that the average Nigerians that are struggling to make it in business are way less smarter than the Politicans that decieved the electorates to find their way to power to steal money.
No one thinks that they are not educated. They are simply not right for the political posts that they are holding. The next question that will come to me  is what am I doing to take them out of their posts. The answer is what can I do when it is people like Kobojunkie and his pessimists (that has helplessly accepted the political status quo) that are surpposed to back me up. Except I decide to go into the streets and eliminate people like Kobojunkie and co, nothing much will be done. I have seen the height of Pessmissm in that Kobojunkie dude and his apostles. With time We will know their true identities.

I would have loved to post a response to you but since I  noticed you have shown yourself another Nairaland agbero who resorts to ATTACKING individuals for having a different view, I will choose instead to skip responding to you completely now. When you grow up, let me know!
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2009
faakay:

@ mr. kobunjie or ko shi je

Even me as a young guy can see the problems we are facing in nigeria

Justcash is making a valid point:::

@Just Cash

I believe he doesn't know what it takes for a nation to develop.

1. Reliable medical system (non profit organization)
2. Credible education system (non profit organization)
3. Constant power supply
4. Obeying the laws
5. Solid security system
6. National citizen identification system.
7. Credible electoral system
8. Better public transportation system and so on.

You should read carefully other posts before coming here to post. The above points were made by Depilot when he carefully stated the requirements for development and not by the OP justcash who was just  harping on about the FGN giving favour to local contractors which I said is a totally irrelevant issue to bring up if we are talking about real development.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2009
You should read carefully other osts before coming here to post. The above points were made by Depilot when he carefully stated the requirements for development and not bythe OP justcash[b] [size=14pt]who was just  harping on the FGN giving favour to local contractors which is a totally irrelevant issue to bring up if we are talking about real development.[/size][/b]It has notng to do with constant power supply at all which in any case has to be paid for.

Exactly!!! Advocating that government, rather than dealing with issues that directly affect the people's development, focus more on favouring businesses, which just so happens to be about the only thing our government has done a lot of for decades, is absurd!
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by cre8tivity(f): 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2009
a good topic for this discussion is "why is it so difficult to get a contract in nigeria?"
from what have read so far, it seems to me that @topic mission was rejected at some point or level. another me me me nigerian trying to do business without paying any mind to the platform or looking at the real obstacles. our business platform, just like many other things in nigeria needs to be redefined. and this can not be done unless we are ready to contribute something. leadership roles must be revised. a country with apathetic leaders will forever be an undeveloped country. let us forget business or just making money or our personal dream, let us all be more realistic and face the real problems in Nigeria (leadership). instead of only addressing the defective fruits that are being produced by the tree, let us address the ground or type of soil the tree was planted on, 49 yrs ago.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by ladej(m): 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2009
cre8tivity:

a good topic for this discussion is "why is it so difficult to get a contract in nigeria?"
from what have read so far, it seems to me that @topic mission was rejected at some point or level. another me me me nigerian trying to do business without paying any mind to the platform or looking at the real obstacles. our business platform, just like many other things in nigeria needs to be redefined. and this can not be done unless we are ready to contribute something. leadership roles must be revised. a country with apathetic leaders will forever be an undeveloped country. let us forget business or just making money or our personal dream, let us all be more realistic and face the real problems in Nigeria (leadership). instead of only addressing the defective fruits that are being produced by the tree, let us address the ground or type of soil the tree was planted on, 49 yrs ago.

i agree with you but in nigeria's case we need a holistic approach to tackle the problem. leadership+followership= excellence. that equation is not complete without good followership. we need both to get to where we need to be. remember that all the people who have led nigeria were once followers. no one is both a leader[apart from monarchs obviously]
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by ladej(m): 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2009
no one is born a leader i meant. wink
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by mobere(m): 11:27am On Dec 18, 2009
Eradication of illiteracy would facilitate national development.beause it will fasting economic developmet!."nija oni baje oooo!".
ATM scarmmers !?: THERE SECRET IS REAVEALED!
These scarmmers are very ruthless they can withdraw all the money in your account,they don't care.
the funny thing is that it might be you you .So you have to take a bold step NOW.Well i thank God i
now know there tricks.I you whant to know there tricks like me.send a blank email to info4rmgn_to_u@yahoo.com
for more infor on how to get them!
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by kodewrita(m): 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2009
I am getting on this thread a bit late since there are pages and pages of flame posts but let me put in my two kobo worth.

I believe nigeria can advance if we all concentrate on improving our selves first. I am a computer programmer and IT Professional. If I were to move to the tip of my field, Nigeria will be better for it and I will be better for it. If I were to write software that makes the rest of the world salivate, CNN will report it as "Nigerian develops new ___________, wins ACM prize" or some other title (clearly I am not born to be a journalist)

As the late michael jackson says (I'll really miss that guy) If you wanna make the world a better place, start with yourself

Enough said
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by edoyad(m): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2009
^ Did you read what the Secretary of state(U S govt) said about what the Nigerian govt was doing to her people in a lecture she gave recently ? And not for the first time if i might add.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by rbn: 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2009
Who says Nigeria is difficult to develop? How long did it take the govt to develop Abuja. Dont mind them jeree. Those at the corridor of power are too greedy and wicked.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2009
rbn:

Who says Nigeria is difficult to develop? How long did it take the govt to develop Abuja. Dont mind them jeree. Those at the corridor of power are too greedy and wicked.

Is painting Abuja beautiful colors( new roads, highrise, western structures, how much in stocks you can purchase etc) really your definition of national development? Is development measured in terms of cans of paint used or number of people whose lives where directly positively affected?
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2009
^^That is some people's idea of development and betrays the kind of mindset they would have if they get into the corridors of power.
To such people development is all about erecting architectural structures.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by sojinat(m): 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2009
All these artificial disasters wont stop unless there is an initiative to spread revolution. Corruption and robbery has eaten deeeeeep inside most leaders in corridors of power. its a big shame. How can a rich (money looter) man be happy to be driving (cos they cant walk with their God-given legs) in most communicties where there are other vital (suffering)Nigerians. think of it - like d adage :a one-eyed king in a land of the blind is also a blind man. Its a shame.

How can i naturally be happy and alive when i can see that the environment i call my God-given community is in chaos?

Look at NEPA, in 2009, power still goess off in naija. Can you try to make a GSM Call (Say MTN) and the phone wont connect cos the base-station does not have power? How will the Telecoms make huge amount of money if there was always shortage of power. In every home, there must be constant need for power to be in use at least for your fridge. yet NEPA wont bring the power for the government to make everyscond profit. Its a shame. real big shame. I dont have regard for any influential man cos they have all failed me since i was a kid and they still succeed in showing me that it must have been a mistake coming down this lane. It is well, Dont forget, the revolution thingy will surely work. U knw we are very sensitve to adjustment especially when a scapegoat is made out of some.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by kingslloo: 6:53pm On Dec 19, 2009
ITS NOT THAT NIGERIA ARE SO DIFFICULT TO DEVELOP, BUT CORRUPT LEADERS WILL NOT ALLOW IT BUT THEY WILL PREFER TO EMBEZZLE THE MONEY AND USE IT FOR THEIR OWN PERSONALL EXPENSE. IF NOT FOR GOV FASOLA, I DONT KNOW THAT IN 2 YEARS LAGOS CAN HAVE AN AVERAGE GOOD ROAD WHICH HAS REALLY EASE HOLD UPS. THAT IS WHAT WE ARE SAYING, IT TAKES LEADERS WHO LOVES THEMSELVES TO THINK OF OTHERS, BC IF YOU DONT LOVE URSELF, U CANT THINK OF ANY GOOD THING FOR OTHERS. IF WE WANT IT, IT IS EASY BC WE HAVE THE MANPOWER, FINANCIAL POWER AND THE PHYSICAL POWER. IT TAKES COMMITMENT, SINCERITY, INTERGRITY AND FEAR OF GOD. BUT ONE THING I KNOW IS THAT ONE DAY NAIJA WILL CHANGE FOR BETTER, WHERE WE WILL BE PROUD TO CALL OUR OWN LAND. WE CAN MAKE THAT CHANGE INDIVIDUALLY
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2009
kingslloo:

ITS NOT THAT NIGERIA ARE SO DIFFICULT TO DEVELOP, BUT CORRUPT LEADERS WILL NOT ALLOW IT BUT THEY WILL PREFER TO EMBEZZLE THE MONEY AND USE IT FOR THEIR OWN PERSONALL EXPENSE.

Please delegate some of that blame to the people, yes, the corrupt people who continue to ALLOW IT. These CORRUPT leaders came from a group consisting of CORRUPT people as well.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by JoeGaruba: 2:39am On Dec 20, 2009
When Adedibu was selecting politicians in Oyo state and South West for the PDP, how do you expect you and I without weapons, charms and police
backing to stand up to them?

Its like a father asking a two year old child, "what have you done for me lately ?" Its sick if you could think that we have to just say everyone should do
his part and that would be all. You cant build something on nothing and expect it to stand! its that simple,

As long as people like some of the posters here feel the citizens will bail themselves out and in the same stride the nation, we will never move on.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by rasputinn(m): 5:34am On Dec 20, 2009
Nigeria is not difficult to develop,it's our leaders that find it difficult to develop themselves
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Justcash(m): 6:34am On Dec 20, 2009
JoeGaruba:

When Adedibu was selecting politicians in Oyo state and South West for the PDP, how do you expect you and I without weapons, charms and police
backing to stand up to them?
Its like a father asking a two year old child, "what have you done for me lately ?" Its sick if you could think that we have to just say everyone should do
his part and that would be all. You cant build something on nothing and expect it to stand! its that simple,
As long as people like some of the posters here feel the citizens will bail themselves out and in the same stride the nation, we will never move on.
God bless Nigeria

@JoeGaruba:
My brother don't mind them. They are few rascals that appear from nowhere to preach about how the people are responsible for the anti-developmental actions of the Nigerian politicians. You were very right to use Adedibu and Alao akala as examples. When people take up knives to fight the thugs, what will the result be? Anarchy! and it will signal the beginning of a revolution.
Those people in this forum are currupt agents of the Nigerian currupt politicians. You can imagine how some idiots have sold their birthrights for a hot pot of porridge given to them to fight reasonable actions from enlightened Nigerians. The question is,  which people are they fighting? One day, Nigerians will take out all idiots like them from the face of the earth.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Kobojunkie: 6:48am On Dec 20, 2009
Roflmao!!!
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by edoyad(m): 8:17am On Dec 20, 2009
^ did you just hear what justcash said we'll do to you and your friends ? You best be afraid cos when the time comes undecided
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2009
edoyad:

^ did you just hear what justcash said we'll do to you and your friends ? You best be afraid cos when the time comes undecided

Please tell me your brain cells are not dead there. Someone THREATENS those who have a different view than he does with possible death and you think that is worth REPEATING? I am guessing you are children and it does worry me that this is the thought process obtained from the YOUTHS OF THE NATION. Unbelievable the level of ARROGANCE coming from this one. Too blind to see that he is no different from those already pillaging the nation in his ideology and threatening those who do not see it his way with harm. . . God save the Nigerian people!
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by ladej(m): 1:31am On Dec 21, 2009
Justcash:

One day, Nigerians will take out all idiots like them from the face of the earth.
mr justcash from japan, will you embark on the journey to take out the idiots or wait for it to be done for you? violence only begets more violence, not peace. wars ongoing around the world lay credence to that assertion. lets work together and use thid forum as a means for positiveness, a feat that can only be achieved by working together, regardless of our individual differences. we should never allow ourselves to sink to the level of the leaders that we accuse. one nigeria !
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by bkbayb99: 3:24am On Dec 21, 2009
MEANWHILE ALL, THERES A CONTEST GOING ON RIGHT NOW ON THE ROMANCE SECTION. IT IS A BEAUTY CONTEST BETWEEN THONIASLIM AND MICHELIN89. THE CONTEST IS JUST SO ONE SIDED AND I'M ASKING EVERYONE, IN THE INTEREST OF GOOD WILL AND HOPE TO PLEASE GO ON THAT FORUM AND PLACE AT LEAST A VOTE FOR MICHELIN IN ORDER TO GET THE LITTLE SELF ESTEEM SHE GOT LEFT BACK IN PLACE. THANKS ALL.

Who Looks Sexier Thoniaslim Or Michelin89? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-369465.0.html
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by Igbanibo: 4:13am On Dec 21, 2009
BAD LEADERSHIP, then they steal the money that is meant for development.  Everyone just steals money, and there is no accountability for anything.  So it really does not matter what contracts are awarded for roads, infrastructure, the money is stolen, and nothing happens.  How many contracts have been awarded for the Benin Ore road, and what is the present condition of the road?
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by emmysharp(m): 4:43am On Dec 21, 2009
are u waiting for nigeria to develop? the problem with nigeria is not that it is underdeveloped, cos it isnt. naija's prob is than it is non developing-refuses to develop.it is d only country in the world in that category. u better start 'developing' yr own pocket so that u can enjoy life in naija, cos the only person who wil take care of u in dis country is u. no wellfare.check me out on
www.bigmouthmediaa..com
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by ayobase(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2009
Naija is not difficult to develop.
what we need is also GHANA SAGA.

Blast all our leaders and new Nigeria will surface!

Well, lets keep praying for God intervention!
All I can say is that God is ruling in the affairs
of this Nation.

Can u still remember Abacha's case!

Hmmmmmmm!

Nigeria is easy to develop, just a matter of time.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by kodewrita(m): 11:46am On Jun 25, 2010
Be the change you want to see. If you want to see nigeria develop, then strive to achieve world class status in your own sphere. That gives you power to make changes in that particular area. We all moan but we never do anything.

The next generation will still get to experience this if we are not careful.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Difficult To Develop? by LIONGATE: 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2010
Nigeria is not had to develop, but our leaders are hard to change

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Other Historical Events On June 12 / Defamation: Idahosa Okunbo Serves Notice On Edo Government / Lagos Bye-election: PDP To Pay Voters N5,000 Each -APC Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.