Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? (41926 Views)

How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? / Nigeria Man Advise Other Men To Stop Paying Their Girlfriends Monthly Salary / Before Marrying An Only Girl Child Here Are The Few Things You Need To Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by wonlasewonimi: 6:32am On Mar 06, 2017
some girls are just walking on empty. you need a reasonable assurance

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by PrickGetSize(m): 6:36am On Mar 06, 2017
Even the girl I'll marry must get pregnant first. That's the only way to find out whether she still has a womb.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 06, 2017
dingbang:
To know whether u lots committed series of abortions in the past or not
Girls that commit series of abortions still get pregnant and there is also fertility test if you are worried.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by pdf90(m): 6:39am On Mar 06, 2017
dovelike:

shocked shocked shocked
Like is it a trend now? Your parents or church won't frown at it? Girls willingly do it? I don't understand

this trend has been on for a very very long time .. most times these girls want to get pregnant to trap a guy man .. cos most times guys will feel bad for the unborn child .. come to think of it most marriages dese days are like that ...

church dont have morals again ... dey just counter dere ideollogy so as not to lose congregation ... but it is clearly written that it is a sin ... Lets leave God to judge
maybe he wants it this way. i have no idea how my case will be .. but if you get pregnant .. thats no gaurantee

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by naijaboiy: 6:43am On Mar 06, 2017
So going by the Op's logic, if a girl gets pregnant before marriage the purity of marriage has been spoilt. How about pre marital sex which is what actually leads to pregnancy?

It's like the Op is comfortable with pre-marital sex but not comfortable with pregnancy and then she also chooses to stupïdly generalize.

You don't know how many guys exist in this country alone that don't give two Fücks about some things when it comes to marriage. Not everyone follows some useless procedures and steps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Qriousity(m): 6:45am On Mar 06, 2017
dovelike:
Yes, this thing has puzzled me for a while but why do guys wait for their girlfriends to get pregnant before getting married to them? This is the trend we see now. Celebrity examples are Tonto Dike, Laura Ikeji, PSquare just to mention a few. Not to talk of most people I know personally. This removes the sacredness of a pure union.

Is it that the pregnancy removes a cloak from their eyes and they realize that they want to get married to their girlfriends (something that didn't know before?) or they just want to do right by the lady, thereby, entering into a marriage they are not ready for.

This doesn't guarantee lasting and fruitful marriage for both of them because they both were kind of forced into it and not from their own genuine will, as it's meant to be.

It's not as if they planned for such to happen but the truth is that most of the guys and ladies are unsecured. Nowadays, fornication is rampant in almost all relationships.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by mkoabiola: 6:45am On Mar 06, 2017
Jamb question
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:46am On Mar 06, 2017
dovelike:

No but I wouldn't want to before I get married sad
j But u re experimenting with sex. Angel dovelike well-done ma.hypocrisy runs in ur blood. cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by oseiwe(m): 6:47am On Mar 06, 2017
After what my cousin went through, it is the best bet.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by slytubadth(m): 6:49am On Mar 06, 2017
dovelike:

I know. But if a guy doesn't want to, he wouldn't. Pregnant or not pregnant. Flavor, Tuface. But most guys see it as a sign to get married

You have gotten the best answer. Now unto the next question you might have. Ask it now?
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by marcel399(m): 6:51am On Mar 06, 2017
in my own understanding, is just to know if dey ar marrying deir fellow man in d place of woman
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Fourwinds: 6:51am On Mar 06, 2017
nkemdi89:

You have comprehension problem, what it implies is that despite her exposure in the university or academic environment she was not influence by the diminishing moral standard, she was able to keep her head above water and survive the storm. Learn to assimilate properly before replying people. Good day.
leave all those small small children wey no dey understand simple sentence...I have read what they wrote...I just ignore nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by jerrymej(m): 6:53am On Mar 06, 2017
Exclude me.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Edet08(m): 6:54am On Mar 06, 2017
It's just a personal decision to some people. Looking at where we come from,there are instances where after you've done the needful,getting preggy becomes an issue. To some it's just to avoid stories. To others,they just need a ginger!
For others who are criticizing,how many marriages have been contracted with the bed undifiled? Or you think it's just by having a veil covering the face? What works for Peter may not work for Paul. It's just a personal thing!
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Acidosis(m): 6:54am On Mar 06, 2017
...because they didn't marry their wives as virgins.

If you meet a virgin, you wouldn't care about pregnancy before marriage.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by SeanDada1(m): 6:55am On Mar 06, 2017
dovelike:
Yes, this thing has puzzled me for a while but why do guys wait for their girlfriends to get pregnant before getting married to them? This is the trend we see now. Celebrity examples are Tonto Dike, Laura Ikeji, PSquare just to mention a few. Not to talk of most people I know personally. This removes the sacredness of a pure union.

Is it that the pregnancy removes a cloak from their eyes and they realize that they want to get married to their girlfriends (something that didn't know before?) or they just want to do right by the lady, thereby, entering into a marriage they are not ready for.

This doesn't guarantee lasting and fruitful marriage for both of them because they both were kind of forced into it and not from their own genuine will, as it's meant to be.

Just to confirm her or be sure first!!
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by begwong: 6:58am On Mar 06, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Are you pregnant?
I tried impreginatung her to no Avail!
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Tobium1(m): 6:58am On Mar 06, 2017
With de high records of abortion, a pregnancy check wuld be necessary before a guy dives into marriage
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by sureheaven(m): 7:04am On Mar 06, 2017
Those who believe in God and thru love don't need it. Fornication b4 marriage is nt good. Forget abt testing b4 u buy, what will be will still be at the end.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by PrickGetSize(m): 7:08am On Mar 06, 2017
preselect:

what "sacredness" are u talking about again? what special thing are brides of nowadays giving to their husbands that they have not already given to lots of guys before hand? the mouth you use to kiss him on the wedding day has been used to do blow jobs to uncircumcised philistines, no be so?
nothing sacred again my dear. so boys just want to be sure you have not utterly destroyed your youthfulness and are now trying to lay the burden on some innocent guy.

meanwhile, where is Buhari?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:22am On Mar 06, 2017
kimbra:
Is it just the guys?, most girls would desperately tie a pregnancy on the guy just so they're called "Mrs" at the end of the day. It has it's repercussions.

If any guy loves you enough, you don't have to get pregnant before he does what's required of him. My opinion!.

Correct!
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by mile12crises: 7:24am On Mar 06, 2017
sekundosekundo:

I met my wife February 6, told her my mind after 2 weeks, we did our trad. July and church wedding September of the same year. I didn't touch her till our wedding night. You know what?, I found out that she was a virgin at 30 and a graduate for that matter. I love her so much.

So we should start jumping up and down

Who was there to ascertain the veracity of your story??
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 06, 2017
Acidosis:
...because they didn't marry their wives as virgins.

If you meet a virgin, you wouldn't care about pregnancy before marriage.

A virgin can still have fertility issues. It could be congenital. I remember one Naija beauty queen with such problem.

Fertility wahala isn't limited to women. Men can have their problem too. There are lots of guys walking and dangling about big cassavas with rotten starch...aka low sperm count issues...Sperm cells once released are meant to run faster than Jamaican sprinters and with the endurance of East African marathon runners to smash the door of the ovum but some guys waka about with lazy and crippled sperms that lack the strength to enter that room even if they were brought to the ovum door chauffeur driven.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by MrMoRitz: 7:29am On Mar 06, 2017
We no wan hear story that touches the heart after we don marry...because many girls these days, are wombless because of too much fvcck and abortion
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by davidif: 7:31am On Mar 06, 2017
sekundosekundo:

The moment I saw her, there was this ministration in me that she's my wife.

What does that mean?
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by fynex(m): 7:44am On Mar 06, 2017
dovelike:

Some just want the babies....haven't you seen cases whereby after getting pregnant marrying and giving birth they start having issues...

So unfortunate that a lot of ladies fall for this...

Marrying a guy after getting pregnant or having a baby without getting married is all same...for having children outside of wedlock....
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by sekundosekundo: 7:46am On Mar 06, 2017
LorDBolton:

Never said I don't believe u... do u really even think what u did is unique?

Nah...by analysis I'm referring to the. Contents of your posst (behavioral analysis)

OK, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by tobey2ng(m): 7:49am On Mar 06, 2017
Op, you have said it all and other comments too are on point. I believe it a personal thing :-XOp, you have said it all and other comments too are on point. I believe it a personal thing
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by sekundosekundo: 7:50am On Mar 06, 2017
davidif:

What does that mean?
Intuition
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 06, 2017
dovelike:

This notion is quite wrong... U could speak for the people you have seen... The ones that refused to pour out nations into rubber.... These are the ones that decided to test the goods... Some test and still seems untouched...
So not guy needs to get his woman preggers before proposing or getting married... And just so u know in some cases the men get married because the woman is pregnant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I'm Ready To Marry Her But I Discovered She Has Two Kids From Two Different Men / Is Two Months Too Short To Start Asking For Sex In A Relationship? / Pre-wedding Photos Of An Airman And His Naval Rating Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.