Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? (41925 Views)

How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? / Nigeria Man Advise Other Men To Stop Paying Their Girlfriends Monthly Salary / Before Marrying An Only Girl Child Here Are The Few Things You Need To Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 06, 2017
begwong:

I tried impreginatung her to no Avail!
Hahahaha bad guy
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by robosky02(m): 8:11am On Mar 06, 2017
its a game plan for most girls, if he refuse to propose

once she lost her period owambe don start cos

mugu don fall grin

Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Kingsolar: 8:12am On Mar 06, 2017
Buhari regime, 2 reduce amount of pride price.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by robosky02(m): 8:12am On Mar 06, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Hahahaha bad guy

what of your babe pretty something tongue grin
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by LorDBolton(m): 8:14am On Mar 06, 2017
sekundosekundo:

OK, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

No p.

So you married your Wife when She was 30?

And How old were you @ the time Sir?
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 06, 2017
robosky02:

what of your babe pretty something tongue grin
Egbon, she's good. Alafia lowa grin grin
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by sekundosekundo: 8:20am On Mar 06, 2017
LorDBolton:

No p.
So you married your Wife when She was 30?
And How old were you @ the time Sir?
37+
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by LorDBolton(m): 8:23am On Mar 06, 2017
sekundosekundo:

37+

So it's safe to say prior to your first encounter, the both of you were already under "some pressure" (internal n external) to get married right?
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by sekundosekundo: 8:35am On Mar 06, 2017
LorDBolton:

So it's safe to say prior to your first encounter, the both of you were already under "some pressure" (internal n external) to get married right?

There was nothing like that. I already have a son of about 17yrs old born out of wedlock. I like her quality and I was like, I can't afford to let go.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by Lexusgs430: 8:39am On Mar 06, 2017
dovelike:
Yes, this thing has puzzled me for a while but why do guys wait for their girlfriends to get pregnant before getting married to them? This is the trend we see now. Celebrity examples are Tonto Dike, Laura Ikeji, PSquare just to mention a few. Not to talk of most people I know personally. This removes the sacredness of a pure union.

Is it that the pregnancy removes a cloak from their eyes and they realize that they want to get married to their girlfriends (something that didn't know before?) or they just want to do right by the lady, thereby, entering into a marriage they are not ready for.

This doesn't guarantee lasting and fruitful marriage for both of them because they both were kind of forced into it and not from their own genuine will, as it's meant to be.

To ensure she is not a leaking basket and he is not a suffering from very very weak condensed milk syndrome ........
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by math2000: 8:43am On Mar 06, 2017
ademusiwa2r:
been married to a woman without children in nigeria, is not considered been married.

the laws of nigeria does not recognize church wedding. to promote its own culture and believe system.. this is what all government appointee take an oath too. they get paid dressing allowance

it only recognize women with children for you.

Nigeria WILL are written base on children.. and not been married.

the law only consider children. not a woman going to church...

If a woman has a child for a man, your name will be on his WILL. even if you are not married to that man. it is legitimate in nigeria.

even if the man did not write a WILL before he dies. In Nigeria. and he has a legal wife, who has no baby, and he has a woman outside the marriage. On his dead.. all the properties of that man will be given to children outside the marriage. and none to the woman inside the house. nigeria law are written base on children
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by PrickGetSize(m): 8:48am On Mar 06, 2017
azarenka:

And from your reasoning you think all men are potent? undecided
That's when you, as a woman, should decide whether to marry him or not. The test-run favours both parties.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by waldigit: 8:52am On Mar 06, 2017
dovelike:
Yes, this thing has puzzled me for a while but why do guys wait for their girlfriends to get pregnant before getting married to them? This is the trend we see now. Celebrity examples are Tonto Dike, Laura Ikeji, PSquare just to mention a few. Not to talk of most people I know personally. This removes the sacredness of a pure union.

Is it that the pregnancy removes a cloak from their eyes and they realize that they want to get married to their girlfriends (something that didn't know before?) or they just want to do right by the lady, thereby, entering into a marriage they are not ready for.

This doesn't guarantee lasting and fruitful marriage for both of them because they both were kind of forced into it and not from their own genuine will, as it's meant to be.

Your post made me know I live in different world. Well in our own believers world, your post is an aberration, punishable and rare.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by PrickGetSize(m): 8:55am On Mar 06, 2017
akejujoe:
The trend is really worrisome.Guys like claiming holier than thou when it comes to issues of infertility. I presently have a colleague who married her husband a virgin and is yet to conceive for over four years.The husband refused to go for tests claiming he has no problems. He finally did the test and the problem was with him and it was traced back to his sexual history with other women. He even tried to hide the results from his wife. Imagine if it was the woman who had the problem due to promiscuity what guys would have said.
You're lying. Big lie!
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by arazanbal: 8:58am On Mar 06, 2017
dovelike:

No but I wouldn't want to before I get married sad

na mouth u dy,if bill gate son cm after u 4 example.u will gladly get belle 4am b4 mariage ni.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by PrickGetSize(m): 9:01am On Mar 06, 2017
naijaboiy:
So going by the Op's logic, if a girl gets pregnant before marriage the purity of marriage has been spoilt. How about pre marital sex which is what actually leads to pregnancy?

It's like the Op is comfortable with pre-marital sex but not comfortable with pregnancy and then she also chooses to stupïdly generalize.

You don't know how many guys exist in this country alone that don't give two Fücks about some things when it comes to marriage. Not everyone follows some useless procedures and steps.

Don't mind those things yapping "sacredness" in marriage. What is sacred again when the toto you're about bring into your home has aborted a complete village before it got to you?
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by odaniel1(m): 9:07am On Mar 06, 2017
Because that situation is where the Monkey went to market but did not return.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by azarenka: 9:13am On Mar 06, 2017
PrickGetSize:

That's when you, as a woman, should decide whether to marry him or not. The test-run favours both parties.
so don't talk negatively talk about women as you have always done,because you have a mother,a sister and a daughter,will you describe them in such dehumanizing ways as you are doing?
Just as there are bad women,so also, we have in the men's folk.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by LorDBolton(m): 9:13am On Mar 06, 2017
sekundosekundo:

There was nothing like that. I already have a son of about 17yrs old born out of wedlock. I like her quality and I was like, I can't afford to let go.

Well then, it's she who was under pressure to marry.

So she's the reacher and you... the settler

HML sir
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by jabojafa(m): 9:16am On Mar 06, 2017
Eaugusta:

Must you test?
my dear dnt mind him..... Such comments wud come frm ppl who dnt fear God even wen they are church goers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by jabojafa(m): 9:20am On Mar 06, 2017
thunderfiremods:
if u wan buy suya ehn...aboki go give u testing*....we guys got to check if shes fertile na....
if you have the fear of God in you, you wont even say such a thing, not to talk of doing it. Fear God n flee premarital sex even if u are abt marrying.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by sekundosekundo: 9:22am On Mar 06, 2017
LorDBolton:

Well then, it's she who was under pressure to marry.
So she's the reacher and you... the settler
HML sir
If she was under pressure, I wouldn't have met her.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by akejujoe(f): 9:24am On Mar 06, 2017
The husband actually have low sperm count which d doctor said May have been caused by a sexually transmitted infection he had in the past.
LorDBolton:

His sexual history with other women? Kindly expantiate
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by akejujoe(f): 9:29am On Mar 06, 2017
Why would I lie over an issue that does not even affect me in anyway? I'm only saying what I was told by the lady involved in the matter. She said the doc said his low sperm count may have been a result of a previous STI.
PrickGetSize:

You're lying. Big lie!
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by holatin(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2017
CuteEmma:
. Somme people sha.... smh
when I saw ur comment, I know instantly DAT you are a lady
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by PrickGetSize(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2017
azarenka:

so don't talk negatively talk about women as you have always done,because you have a mother,a sister and a daughter,will you describe them in such dehumanizing ways as you are doing?
Just as there are bad women,so also, we have in the men's folk.
I have always kept my stance straight on this particular topic: become pregnant first before you get married. We're living in a very corrupt system where sex can be bought for just a plate of rice and one pure water; and so, desperate times require desperate measures.
Do the test-run and if pregnancy didn't come we'd know whose fault it is and probably dissolve the plans to marry. Nobody wants to marry without having kids. No man wants to marry a woman that has aborted her womb and no normal woman would marry a man with watery sperm.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by earthcrust: 9:33am On Mar 06, 2017
The world is no longer as it used to be. Ladies are more desperate to get a man by all cost particularly if that man is well to do. They no longer care whether d Man is married or not, so the easiest way hold a man to look after is pregnancy I have seen it time without number. Looking at the perspective of the guys, because of d kind if experience some men encounter after marriage call it spiritual, biological, incompatibility as d case may be barreness or delay in having children is very very painful. I have seen couples who married on holy foundation till date no child some 5yrs 10yrs, some 20, some lifetime. The time and resources these couples would have used to train their children and make good progress as couples the use it on doctors, spend money in and outside d country in search for fruit of d womb. Go to prayer houses more than half is either praying to get married ie d ladi es or couples praying to have children. No man or woman will be happy to be in condition. This not d will of God. So in conclusion, my take on this matter is that everyone should use his or her wisdom because wisdom is a defense and it is profitable to any body that has it.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by holatin(m): 9:37am On Mar 06, 2017
diva90:
That's what I want. I must be pregnant before marriage
make I send my spermm
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by holatin(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2017
firstking01:
Those are yoruba muslims who believe in sex before marriage....christianity is not like tha, AwoL.
and you brought religion bigotry to the thread just like DAT.

take a survey kid
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by ChukwuemekaVal(m): 9:59am On Mar 06, 2017
I am suspecting that you are pregnant. Though it's a good /bad thing depending on one's status in life....
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by azarenka: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2017
PrickGetSize:

I have always kept my stance straight on this particular topic: become pregnant first before you get married. We're living in a very corrupt system where sex can be bought for just a plate of rice and one pure water; and so, desperate times require desperate measures.
Do the test-run and if pregnancy didn't come we'd know whose fault it is and probably dissolve the plans to marry. Nobody wants to marry without having kids. No man wants to marry a woman that has aborted her womb and no normal woman would marry a man with watery sperm.
Also note that, there are couples that are medically sound and yet no child.funny enough,when those couples divorce, they have offspring from their different spouses.
In as much as you are trying to make a point,try not to hip the whole negatives on the female folks,times have changed and men are also having their own fair share of life.
Please and please be logical in your responses to issues concerning women,because whether you like it or not,we are the onus of existence.when you have a daughter,you'll know that,not all women are as black as you paint them.
Re: Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? by samuelezekiel(m): 10:12am On Mar 06, 2017
It's the igbos that do that most...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I'm Ready To Marry Her But I Discovered She Has Two Kids From Two Different Men / Is Two Months Too Short To Start Asking For Sex In A Relationship? / Pre-wedding Photos Of An Airman And His Naval Rating Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.