Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,902 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:24 PM

I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) (49735 Views)

I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu / Bukola Saraki Arrives In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State With Dino Melaye (Photos) / Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by maasoap(m): 11:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
MVLOX:

True they did a post graduate diploma and yes a Masters like I plan on doing very soon.... But my point is Dat dey didnt allow a 3rd class lose track.... Like I told someone too it became a wake up call to dem.....
Really happy we understood each other.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by komzy589(m): 12:23am On Mar 29, 2017
coolestchris2:
I graduated with third class from university of Benin, civil engineering
Me too.......but it hasn't been rosy at all.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by obaloppelujo(m): 12:36am On Mar 29, 2017
I have my 3rdy and am employed....
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by TheEminentLaity: 1:29am On Mar 29, 2017
cheesy grin Who's discriminating here? Why didn't you select the 3rd classes for your 'business' why go for the firsts and 2.1s. Why don't you encourage all your children to graduate with 3rds and wear it like a badge like the OP is doing? Even Dino Melaiye doesn't brag about his class of degree.

And for those mentioning Bill Gates and Zuckerberg, you guys must be very ignorant to think getting into Harvard is for just anybody that desires it. grin Unis like Harvard selects and screens from a pool of excellent students.

In fact, LSE and Harvard need not release a statement about Senator Dino Melaiye because anyone who knows anything about education and its standards wouldn't even bother applying to those universities even with a 2.2, talk of from one Third World university like ABU that cannot even find his results for weeks now.

Stop glorifying mediocrity, that you are doing quite well is not because of your 3rd class. If it is, you and the rest in your shoes are outliers and like you've done here, you don't employ your fellow grade mates. Third class is something that at best should serve as a reminder of a period when one wasn't serious with education or oneself.

Take your advice. Stop the discrimination in your firm, employ more third classes, there are actually more of them looking for jobs than the firsts and 2.1s grin

vani86 seems you became the villain on the thread cheesy
flourishing247:
I graduated with a third class. I was ashamed for a long time but I woke up and followed my dream. Today I have 4 first class graduates and many 2.1, 2.2 graduates working for me. Stop the discrimination!!!!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by TheEminentLaity: 2:04am On Mar 29, 2017
It happens in third rate universities. What some of you don't realise is that often there are no second chances. It's one take. What kind of university accepts 3rd class applicants for a masters program? Certainly, no top tier university even the top 100 unis.

I'll give a hint about competition and universities. In unis like Harvard MIT LSE Oxford and Cambridge. The excellent students (firsts and prolific 2.1s) compete so if you were to collect data from there what would your finding be? I've seen firsts getting distinctions in their masters, that's no big deal for them even, because those unis have histories of almost every great scientist etc and Nobel Prize past and future winners. Check the professorial chair that was Stephen Hawking's.

So, getting a 3rd class in a third rate university in the Third World country is NEVER something to be proud about more so carrying like a badge of honour like the stupid OP is doing here even worse demonising high academic achievement like its 'mere'certificate. And going by one chance only, a third class has ruled out almost every opportunity to become accepted into any elite universities. It's like becoming signed for Real Madrid when even within your local government you are known as an abysmal football player. What are the odds? Nothing like god or grace when you are not qualified...it's that simple.

Many people watch the movie social network and don't even notice that Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Larry page, and Ellon Musk etc are the kind of people that frequently give guest lectures at Harvard.

The most annoying theme I've noticed on the thread is the 3rd classes always feeling the need to give support to the crassness of the OP and usually talk about money etc Certainly wasn't a dolt that brought the concept of money and economics. That we aren't wiped out today by Malaria HIV or even as small pox is because of education. Ebola would have done the same. That people landed on the moon and know how to make and fly passenger planes is because of education.

Who would you rather treat your sick mother, or design your car or plane? Is it a crazy person like the OP who sees no need for academic achievement and extols mediocrity. Good thing his car has airbags, maybe he should check who designed them, if they had third class degrees like him and Dino melaiye. He is a civil engineer so maybe he should check the degree classifications of the designers of third mainland bridge (which isn't even complex by modern standards BTW) because with his thinking, he would'nt have in his lifetime thought of a need for these innovations.

Having a 3rd class isn't the end of the world. Matter of fact, life begins after university and opportunities abound. But just as a bench team member, who has never played a game yet for Nottingham county the whole season, would respect Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo, even if they may not like them. Firsts should be respected.

I'm cannot be apologetic to stupid. No one should. Sorry about the mention.

**vani86 maybe you could modify one of your posts on the first page and quote me wink grin
fatiaforreal:
You guys have your points. I've seen instances where persons with 3rd class topped MSc classes with Distinctions. Sometimes, it's down to certain factors.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by zeb04(f): 2:24am On Mar 29, 2017
vani86:

Lmao. Continue proving me right.

Hide behind a meme of your president general.

Dude as a guy with younger brothers who want to see them become something in life. Go and improve yourself. Thay it worked out for dino do not mean it will work out for you as well. Its a fact in the labour market, 3rd class graduates are almost never considered even for petrol attendant.

Its nothing to be proud of and please grow up
my friend shut up your mouth and no I am EXTREMELY far from a third class graduate but give this people a chance.

You are not intellectually better than any of them.

That been said, I work in the medical field and the 3rd class graduate who works with me in most of my procedures is one of the most brilliant person I know so shut your dirty mouth up. 3rdclass doesn't take away their right to support any politician of their choice.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by davidif: 2:50am On Mar 29, 2017
coolestchris2:
Gani fewehinmi and elumelu and ibori are third class holders

Wait, did you just put James Ibori in the same sentence with renowned human rights activist like Gani or enterpreneur extraordinaire like Tony Elumelu?? Wow!!! wonders shall never end.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by davidif: 2:50am On Mar 29, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

you way get first class where you they tongue

Childish much?
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by davidif: 2:53am On Mar 29, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

i love it bro, dino is a role model for the youths of this country....... hope you ve take breakfast son.....

Wetin person no go read for nairaland? Na wa o.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by TheEminentLaity: 4:07am On Mar 29, 2017
My guess is that you are not a doctor and your comprehension of intellectual distinction appears much to be very limited. Your 3rd class colleague might be the most brilliant person you know, but is or was he the most brilliant in his/her class? Perhaps s/he is the most brilliant in something other than what s/he studied, even so what are the odds? Einstein would never have been remembered as a genius if he never worked as a clerk that studied physics while at it.

Okay, perhaps, your friend wasn't serious while at university but isn't it very easy to say I would have been the best in my class if I put the same effort that the best put, until one indeed puts in the same effort but still comes out short. Maybe, you should ask him/her why s/he didn't graduate as the best, all things being equal.

Let's assume s/he is the genius you claim s/he is, I would bet that the case surely serves as an outlier and not the trend. Many 3rd classes are washing cars and doing all sorts for potential employers. My set mate was looking to be hired as a security guard, he found one quickly at that. I couldn't even in my right senses think of doing that.

Nothing wrong being a gateman, but why spend years paying for university education as an accountant if all you wanted to become was a gateman? or a tailor? Why waste years paying for engineering education if you always wanted to be a make-up artist?

What is worth doing, is worth doing well

Why don't the 3rd class graduates compete for positions where they practice concepts which they studied at university with their colleagues then see how they fare? Their options are limited particularly with multinationals, if it's jobs they seek. They cannot be awarded scholarships, they cannot normally compete for jobs they desire, they are not even mentioned. With such classification their aspirations become extremely limited to 'I just need a job' for merit-based positions.

From this thread alone, watch closely for spellings, language, comprehension and articulation of people who support the OP as opposed to those who don't. Pretty clear isn't it? Also, just because you are usually the most intelligent in the room doesn't make you intelligent in the grand scheme, going by generally accepted standards for intelligence.

Third class isn't the end of the world. It is just a classification that you are not good at what you studied and perhaps shouldn't be recognised for that field except you have some other very convincing evidence. It's that simple. People get it twisted saying I'm successful in spite of my 3rd class, Good! but are you a successful engineer with your 3rd class? Your degree was classified for a specific field and not life.

In Nigeria, merit is thrown to the dogs to compensate unproductive and unintelligent people. So no surprise the overwhelming support for the absurdity of the OP. The world is going more global so underachievers would have it the hardest if they choose to tow that line that they were graded for. There would always be outliers, so spare us the 'I know someone with a third class BS' I know many of them too but they don't show such brazen fantasy of wanting to be recognised for underachievement like the OP.

zeb04:
my friend shut up your mouth and no I am EXTREMELY far from a third class graduate but give this people a chance.

That been said, I work in the medical field and the 3rd class graduate who works with me in most of my procedures is one of the most brilliant person I know so shut your dirty mouth up. 3rdclass doesn't take away their right to support any politician of their choice.

3 Likes

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by TheEminentLaity: 4:27am On Mar 29, 2017
cheesy Your comment says more about you than anyone else. Based on findings my nuts, I won't be surprised if you think a first class in this context is a bus ticket cheesy Without even knowing you have fully expressed the bolded with your comment. Did you also get a first class? FOH cheesy
presty83:
Third class degree holders are far more intelligent than first class graduate base on findings. Most first class graduates manupulate their way toward achieving such fit. I know about 17 first class graduate today from various universities who can not write common application letter. I also have some who can not express themselves well. and others who can not even do the both so stop all this first class stuff.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by TheEminentLaity: 4:32am On Mar 29, 2017
Wetin person no go read here o cheesy Third class means you're gingered to become the best cheesy And you didn't start by at least trying or gingering to graduate the best in your small class of how many people? cheesy Intellectual discourse that you didn't show when in an intellectual environment called a university. Joker cheesy
oshorstan:

You're a Fool & a slowpoke. Third class nor mean poverty, it means you're gingered to become the best. FYI, Let's get down into an intellectual discourse, u can't beat any.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by KingsleyCEO: 4:40am On Mar 29, 2017
vani86:

Lmao. Wallow in your ignorance lil boy. This is my last reply to you

Continue living in your delusion! I have dinify you with my replies, this is the last dignity.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by Christane: 4:45am On Mar 29, 2017
I hope u re now richer dan dangote wit ur first class abi na 2.1 or 2.2 u get?

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by MiddleDimension: 5:03am On Mar 29, 2017
TapDance:

Graduating with a 3rd class is nothing to be proud of, it means you don't know where your talents lie or you are just plain stupid_ and should have become a carpenter's apprentice rather than wasting your parents resources at college.

i disagree with you when you said it means you don't know where your talent lies but can agree with you when you said it means one is being stupid/ unwise.

I came out with a third. But this is not that i don't know my talent like you have said. I think i was naive and not very wise.

Alot of my friends/ roommates after they cannot stand me, will begin to console themselves with "and what did he get?" Like we are seeing from many people here.

The lesson i learned from the whole thing was:

1. the school is not a place where one could become truely enlightened, forget all those things they tell you about the school being a place for enlightenment. It is a place where you have to go and PASS. Try to achieve it, even if it is by crook means, although i do not advice that. That saying is absolutely right: "The end justifies the means".

2. Sometimes, what's most important is not what's most beautiful. Identify that which is most important, and strive to achieve it FOR THE PUBLIC, other wise you give the public the bragging right over you like we are seeing in this thread. Try to get the most beautiful to sort of, beautify yourself and make yourself stand out in the public.

I did not do these two. I put beauty above importance, which is very unwise. I accept all the insults as a punishment for being naive and unwise.

If you or anyone reading this post wants to know what i mean by the most beautiful and the most important, you can ask.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by MiddleDimension: 5:49am On Mar 29, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
My guess is that you are not a doctor and your comprehension of intellectual distinction appears much to be very limited. Your 3rd class colleague might be the most brilliant person you know, but is or was he the most brilliant in his/her class? Perhaps s/he is the most brilliant in something other than what s/he studied, even so what are the odds? Einstein would never have been remembered as a genius if he never worked as a clerk that studied physics while at it.

Okay, perhaps, your friend wasn't serious while at university but isn't it very easy to say I would have been the best in my class if I put the same effort that the best put, until one indeed puts in the same effort but still comes out short. Maybe, you should ask him/her why s/he didn't graduate as the best, all things being equal.

Let's assume s/he is the genius you claim s/he is, I would bet that the case surely serves as an outlier and not the trend. Many 3rd classes are washing cars and doing all sorts for potential employers. My set mate was looking to be hired as a security guard, he found one quickly at that. I couldn't even in my right senses think of doing that.

Nothing wrong being a gateman, but why spend years paying for university education as an accountant if all you wanted to become was a gateman? or a tailor? Why waste years paying for engineering education if you always wanted to be a make-up artist?

Why don't the 3rd class graduates compete for positions where they practice concepts which they studied at university with their colleagues then see how they fare? Their options are limited particularly with multinationals, if it's jobs they seek. They cannot be awarded scholarships, they cannot normally compete for jobs they desire, they are not even mentioned. With such classification their aspirations become extremely limited to 'I just need a job' for merit-based positions.

From this thread alone, watch closely for spellings, language, comprehension and articulation of people who support the OP as opposed to those who don't. Pretty clear isn't it? Also, just because you are usually the most intelligent in the room doesn't make you intelligent in the grand scheme, going by generally accepted standards for intelligence.

Third class isn't the end of the world. It is just a classification that you are not good at what you studied and perhaps shouldn't be recognised for that field except you have some other very convincing evidence. It's that simple. People get it twisted saying I'm successful in spite of my 3rd class, Good! but are you a successful engineer with your 3rd class? Your degree was classified for a specific field and not life.

In Nigeria, merit is thrown to the dogs to compensate unproductive and unintelligent people. So no surprise the overwhelming support for the absurdity of the OP. The world is going more global so underachievers would have it the hardest if they choose to tow that line that they were graded for. There would always be outliers, so spare us the 'I know someone with a third class BS' I know many of them too but they don't show such brazen fantasy of wanting to be recognised for underachievement like the OP.

you can hardly argue against this.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by MiddleDimension: 6:14am On Mar 29, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
cheesy grin Who's discriminating here? Why didn't you select the 3rd classes for your 'business' why go for the firsts and 2.1s. Why don't you encourage all your children to graduate with 3rds and wear it like a badge like the OP is doing? Even Dino Melaiye doesn't brag about his class of degree.

And for those mentioning Bill Gates and Zuckerberg, you guys must be very ignorant to think getting into Harvard is for just anybody that desires it. grin Unis like Harvard selects and screens from a pool of excellent students.

In fact, LSE and Harvard need not release a statement about Senator Dino Melaiye because anyone who knows anything about education and its standards wouldn't even bother applying to those universities even with a 2.2, talk of from one Third World university like ABU that cannot even find his results for weeks now.

Stop glorifying mediocrity, that you are doing quite well is not because of your 3rd class. If it is, you and the rest in your shoes are outliers and like you've done here, you don't employ your fellow grade mates. Third class is something that at best should serve as a reminder of a period when one wasn't serious with education or oneself.

Take your advice. Stop the discrimination in your firm, employ more third classes, there are actually more of them looking for jobs than the firsts and 2.1s grin

vani86 seems you became the villain on the thread cheesy

in my case, it serves as a reminder of a period when i was naive and think the world works the way i thought.

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by rockyh(m): 6:40am On Mar 29, 2017
Oreoo:
u dnt even knw hw 2 quote someone.after u b 4loing ppleto say 3rd class subjects wil make it more than 1st class grads.ur own type of 3rd class no fit bring out anytin frm im life na 2 dey rant 4 nairalanddem sabi.chai i don suffer see slowpoke lik dis dey insult me because im get phone
am not insulting you rather say u brought it upon yourself
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by oshorstan(f): 6:43am On Mar 29, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
Wetin person no go read here o cheesy Third class means you're gingered to become the best cheesy And you didn't start by at least trying or gingering to graduate the best in your small class of how many people? cheesy Intellectual discourse that you didn't show when in an intellectual environment called a university. Joker cheesy

I speak for Dino melaye... hahahahahaahahahaha

#JustJokingBro
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by vani86: 7:22am On Mar 29, 2017
zeb04:

1) i aint your friend you inbred,
2) Maybe if you took your rime to read my other posts you will realise i am not actually discriminating them but merely pointing out that its not something to be proud of, leta d drop d hypocrisy for a minute and you answee these questions.

Will you prefer a 3rd class teacher to teach your kids instead of a 2:2

Will you prefer a 3rd class dr to treat your brother inatead of a 2:2

Or a 3rd class architect to draw your building plans.

Hypocrisy is a diesease and do not fuel the OPs delusion.

The OP is stupid to have opened this thread to justify his failure academically all because he saw a thug like melaye in senate.

Now crawl into a cave and dont mention me again.

There are many guys on here with 3rd class who feel bad about it and have worked real hard to become people in life. And not the wizkid OP who from his threads you definitely know he is d poser type
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by vani86: 7:24am On Mar 29, 2017
TheEminentLaity:

Thanka for this abeg. You really have their time
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by coolestchris(m): 7:31am On Mar 29, 2017
vani86:

1) i aint your friend you inbred,
2) Maybe if you took your rime to read my other posts you will realise i am not actually discriminating them but merely pointing out that its not something to be proud of, leta d drop d hypocrisy for a minute and you answee these questions.

Will you prefer a 3rd class teacher to teach your kids instead of a 2:2

Will you prefer a 3rd class dr to treat your brother inatead of a 2:2

Or a 3rd class architect to draw your building plans.

Hypocrisy is a diesease and do not fuel the OPs delusion.

The OP is stupid to have opened this thread to justify his failure academically all because he saw a thug like melaye in senate.

Now crawl into a cave and dont mention me again.

There are many guys on here with 3rd class who feel bad about it and have worked real hard to become people in life. And not the wizkid OP who from his threads you definitely know he is d poser type
am a musician also?

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by coolestchris(m): 7:34am On Mar 29, 2017
vani86:

Thanka for this abeg. You really have their time
u no deh work again

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by pdavid(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
He graduated with a 3rd class and he is a senator, you mister or miss way graduate with first class, where u dey? Maybe in an office answering yes sir to a second class or third class students

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by LordOfNaira: 8:15am On Mar 29, 2017
coolestchris2:
I graduated with third class from university of Benin, civil engineering

You are obviously not intelligent at all.

Can't you see that the issue is not about the class of grades but the inconsistencies?

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by hrykanu231(m): 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
coolestchris:
Mr first class

You see your myopic way of thinking. What point are you trying to prove with my post? You sure did graduate with a third class and believe you me it has affected your thought process(this is obvious in your approach to issues).
While you skipped classes in school(a major factor why you came out with 3rd class). We were thought not to make hasty generalization, such as what you typed about Nigeria youths. Such is called fallacy, as it does not reflect the opinions of a vast majority of Nigerian youths(including me and my sane friends).
You brought my post on winasbet inability to pay me after I won(i wonder what you were aiming at). For your information, I have been paid and since you had time to dig that deep. It only shows how idle and jobless you are, your 3rd class has indeed relegated to the background.
Please next time when you make rejoinders on issues, stay on the topic...one last word, discontinue blowing your "3rd class trumpet"

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by coolestchris(m): 12:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
hrykanu231:

You see your myopic way of thinking. What point are you trying to prove with my post? You sure did graduate with a third class and believe you me it has affected your thought process(this is obvious in your approach to issues).
While you skipped classes in school(a major factor why you came out with 3rd class). We were thought not to make hasty generalization, such as what you typed about Nigeria youths. Such is called fallacy, as it does not reflect the opinions of a vast majority of Nigerian youths(including me and my sane friends).
You brought my post on winasbet inability to pay me after I won(i wonder what you were aiming at). For your information, I have been paid and since you had time to dig that deep. It only shows how idle and jobless you are, your 3rd class has indeed relegated to the background.
Please next time when you make rejoinders on issues, stay on the topic...one last word, discontinue blowing your "3rd class trumpet"
I am sorry but at this point I must call u a fo.ol, because u don't know anything about argument

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by vani86: 1:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
KingsleyCEO:

Continue living in your delusion! I have dinify you with my replies, this is the last dignity.

See english grin grin

Please dont dignity me i beg you
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by KingsleyCEO: 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
vani86:

See english grin grin

Please dont dignity me i beg you

So common sense didn't tell you is a typo? Lol. No shaking Na.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by bukodeen(m): 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
2017 inbuilt mumu na in u b oooo, u graduated wit 3rd class and shame no catch u. U even dey talk am.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by noziz(m): 1:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
coolestchris2:
see your life

who be this one? stay off my mention if u know sabi decode msgs....

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Diezani Alison-Madueke: Yahoo Boys Have Become Role Models / End SARS Protest Hits Aba. (photo) / Yoruba Nation Rally In Lagos: Gridlock As Police Search Vehicles At Berger, Ketu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.