Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) (49753 Views)

I Never Said I Graduated With First Class Honours In UNN Law, Ibe Kachukwu / Bukola Saraki Arrives In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State With Dino Melaye (Photos) / Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by vani86: 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
sben2308:

Oga grammerian, oga olodo discoverer, oga dundy I finished with a 3rd class n not by choice but financial n emotionally issues and today I can say with all boldness am better than hundreds of first class out there.Take note before u open ur mouth again n make a fool of urself I v my Masters already n all glory b to God in d highest I earn an avrg of five zeros monthly. Am just trying to let u know that in d world today 3rd class r better than 2.2 n 2.1 u c out there. Shalom

If i ask you to prove the boldened can you??

Mtcheeew

Did you flaunt your 3rd class on facebook or instagram, i am sure in your CV you don't put it there but merely Bsc in soso. Why aint you proud of it then. Why did you do masters, was it not to support your degree.

I would have written you off and just ignore your quote totally. But at least you had d sense to self develop yourself. My gripe with the OP is he is trying to pass it off as an achievement, chest beating worthy all because a thug of a senator happened to have a 3rd class. Do you think dinonis happy that its common knowledge now.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by coolestchris2: 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ask
jaybee3:

Make i ask you a civil engineering question?
This is your chance to prove yourself ooo

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
UIA04:

I thought you said you are at work working hard, you seem to have so much time on your hands for nairaland answering every damn Mention

So if he was not serious Nko in school, he should hang himself abi because of the likes of you. Trust me op and those in his shoes would have 'beaten' himself tirelessly for his poor grades the system doesn't help Matters

Life gives us second, third and a zillion Chances to prove ourselves that is why the ways of god are different from that of men

I know people who did badly in Secondary school and are stars in the university and those who 4 them it was the other way around

Yes you did well and are still doing well I aplaud you For your Consistency but we live in a world where one bad decision, marrying the wrong person, bad Friends or one little addiction Can take you back to square one

Look at your life and tell me you have been successful in every Facet
Relationships ,family, Making Friends, Financial decisions, Marriage , your relationship with god ,health,love , Self-control etc
In all Are you excellent ,average or below average or poor you don't want any one calling you Stupid or dull in parts of your life you've failed. Career is only a part of our life if you have 1/100(other aspects of your life) are you really successful

We live in a world where the only sure thing is god's direction through clearly hearing from the holyspirit every other person is just trying their luck . Go and read the book of daniel if you want to be great where a slave /reffugee became a Four time priMe minister in different regimes

A living dog is better than a dead lion my friend

Best comment

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by rockyh(m): 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
vani86:

In additiom to my 1st degree i habe 2 msc. Are you ok now.

Let me ask you a question, is 3rd class meant to be celebrated?
i should be the one asking you if ur are OK with the stupid write up u posted saying all third class graduates are busy chatting on nairaland for 20 hours meaning they are useless.so read ur write up n know that u are stupid for referring to them as in useless.that my point of reference.to answer ur question is third class meant to be celebrated .A big yesin this situation.A third class graduate heading a multi national firm is to be celebrated when compared with a First Class graduate who works as a LASMA officer.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by sben2308(m): 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
jaybee3:

You've done well for yourself by specifically upgrading the 3rd class in order to open more doors

5 zeros ain't a biggy though so slow down on that one for now

I know 5 zeros ain't big and that's y am working harder to increase the figure.,
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by jaybee3(m): 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
coolestchris2:
Ask

How would you cure concrete and the reason for curing it

You can give me 3 examples
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by jaybee3(m): 5:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
sben2308:

I know 5 zeros ain't big and that's y am working harder to increase the figure.,

God bless your hustle my guy

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by fatiaforreal: 5:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
vani86:

I am at work, working my ass of to be able to raise a family.

Only replying your dumb question and meme because i am out in the field.

While you and your fellow proud association of 3rd class graduates will spend 20 hours out of todays 24 on nairaland chatting shit and making money for seun.

Now i got nothing against 3rd class graduates, but it's nothing to be proud of. Those that made 1st class, 2:1 or 2:2 in your dept, did they have 6 heads with 11 brains.

My disagreement with you lies in the fact thatmost of the time the classification is meaningless! You're not necessarily better than a Pass (not even a 3rd class)graduate. This is evident in our economy. In the university, people have become examination experts, mastering past questions and making As without acquiring knowledge. Aside your certificate, is there any way you can distinguish yourself from a Pass holder? Is there anything you're doing in your place of work you sincerely believe it's because of your class of degree you're able to do it? If the universities are sanitized, the likes of Dino cannot make 3rd class, not every 2:2, 2:1 we have today would even have graduated. I'm not saying one should jubilate over making a 3rd class, but if every mark were to be earned, no sorting, no malpractices in any form, half of our graduates today would not make up to 3rd class, knowing what it takes to honestly score 40 and above.

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by coolestchris2: 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
Even roadside lebuke will know that curing is to enable a concrete casting attain hardness u ,and u do that by pouring water after casting..ua need to also know about the workability and water cement ratio,,and u also need to know about setting time...
jaybee3:

How would you cure concrete and the reason for curing it

You can give me 3 examples

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by vani86: 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
rockyh:
i should be the one asking you if ur are OK with the stupid write up u posted saying all third class graduates are busy chatting on nairaland for 20 hours meaning they are useless.so read ur write up n know that u are stupid for referring to them as in useless.that my point of reference.to answer ur question is third class meant to be celebrated .A big yesin this situation.A third class graduate heading a multi national firm is to be celebrated when compared with a First Class graduate who works as a LASMA officer.

Name one 3rd class you know heading a multinational.

Can i name a 1st class heading one as well??

And yes my post was harsh and i meant it to be to drum sense into the OP and your likes.

Another quetion whats the ratioof 3rd class graduates heading multinationals and that of 1st / 2:1 /2:2 heading multinationals?

Stop pulling random facts from your ass plss

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by sben2308(m): 5:12pm On Mar 28, 2017
jaybee3:

God bless your hustle my guy

Big Amen to that and u too Bro, really appreciate ur response n maturity. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by vani86: 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2017
fatiaforreal:

My disagreement with you lies in the fact thatmost of the time the classification is meaningless! You're not necessarily better than a Pass (not even a 3rd class)graduate. This is evident in our economy. In the university, people have become examination experts, mastering past questions and making As without acquiring knowledge. Aside your certificate, is there any way you can distinguish yourself from a Pass holder? Is there anything you're doing in your place of work you sincerely believe it's because of your class of degree you're able to do it? If the universities are sanitized, the likes of Dino cannot make 3rd class, not every 2:2, 2:1 we have today would even have graduated. I'm not saying one should jubilate over making a 3rd class, but if every mark were to be earned, no sorting, no malpractices in any form, half of our graduates today would not make up to 3rd class, knowing what it takes to honestly score 40 and above.

The bolded is the only point i have been trying to make s op and his cheerleaders understand. 1st class 2:1 do not mean you will be successful, but our parents sent us to uni to enable us have a platform to launch our varying careers, after spending hundreds of thousands and spending 5 yeats in uni, someone comes out with 3rd class, so you think his parents will do graduation thanksgiving for him?

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by excel101(m): 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2017
coolestchris2:
I graduated with third class from university of Benin, civil engineering
We're not concerned about his grade, but did he really graduated from ABU. Concerning you, you're a nobody and worse of all you graduated with T-Boy, your own don finish.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by coolestchris2: 5:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
What is this one saying,u r the nobody ok
excel101:
We're not concerned about his grade, but did he really graduated from ABU. Concerning you, you're a nobody and worse of all you graduated with T-Boy, your own don finish.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by EVarn(m): 5:24pm On Mar 28, 2017
I get intrigued by the intricate faculty usually displayed in humans.
A third class or pass holder will often ridicule and dismiss the academic credentials of 1st,2:1 and 2:2 holders,questioning if 1st class is an achievement and siting examples of successful people who graduated with low grades.
While the latter group will always look down upon the former as dunces or under-achievers with little career prospect.
It is often interesting indeed.
But maybe life is more about ambition....intelligence is measured in academic grades,but ambition is measured in the level of determination.

However,it holds true that 3rd class is nothing to brag about.It is what a man makes out of life and circumstance that should be celebrated.That does not mean that a 3rd class cannot make it in life as much or even more than a 1st class,2:1,or 2:2,the chances are just slightly unequal.

3 Likes

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
jtjohn:
That's was too harsh Bro, Even though u want to pass a massage u would have use a polite words......There was this particularly guy who was in my department, He was intelligent, I do meet him for tutorial if am having difficulties in some courses, he will put me through but he graduated with Third class and I graduated with second class lower, my point here is certificate sometimes is not a measure for intelligence.....

Yea....but I respect the first class dudes....it takes lots of effort..and decent level of intelligence to get there....I finished with a 2:1, Petroleum Engineering, not gone for service yet...but truth be told at 300 level...school tire me, I lost motivation, skipped tests,missed an exam(dat was d day I learnt to copy time table, for the first time since primary school), missed my project internal defence(was punshment tho, some people sha), and picked a beef with a lecturer, yeye man..I just became obsessed with getting HARD skills, reading for understanding...and training my brain to solve problems....
Sometimes I wish I worked harder...but I like the way my brain works now....now I focus more on real life application of knowledge... So as to silence some folks that say Nigerians are dummies..
Nigerians do amazing things, in saner climes, so the point isn't about the class..its about proving yourself

3 Likes

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by flourishing247: 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2017
vani86:

While you and your fellow proud association of 3rd class graduates will spend 20 hours out of todays 24 on nairaland chatting shit and making money for seun.

Now i got nothing against 3rd class graduates, but it's nothing to be proud of. Those that made 1st class, 2:1 or 2:2 in your dept, did they have 6 heads with 11 brains.

I graduated with a third class. I was ashamed for a long time but I woke up and followed my dream. Today I have 4 first class graduates and many 2.1, 2.2 graduates working for me. Stop the discrimination!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by edorhe14(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
its not all about the class u graduated with but the belief in yourself to make it.
take that to the bank
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by galaxy15(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
ExInferis:

Especially when some of the richest and most brilliant minds never even graduated.

Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs...

And today Dino is a senator, and worth lord knows how many billions.

Meanwhile, your 1st classes and 2.1 are scouring jobberman looking for 80k jobs.

with all respect, I feel like lashing you for mentioning these men. They all attended IVY league schools b4 dropping out. for you too even gain admission to those schools, it takes hard works and good mental ability. nevertheless these men have gone ahead to further their educations after hitting such marks. so don't say this again ever.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by rockyh(m): 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
vani86:

Name one 3rd class you know heading a multinational.

Can i name a 1st class heading one as well??

And yes my post was harsh and i meant it to be to drum sense into the OP and your likes.

Another quetion whats the ratioof 3rd class graduates heading multinationals and that of 1st / 2:1 /2:2 heading multinationals?

Stop pulling random facts from your ass plss
in summary what I want to let u know is that the bottom point of everything we do in life boils down to success

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by fatiaforreal: 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
You guys have your points. I've seen instances where persons with 3rd class topped MSc classes with Distinctions. Sometimes, it's down to certain factors.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by ExInferis(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
galaxy15:

with all respect, I feel like lashing you for mentioning these men. They all attended IVY league schools b4 dropping out. for you too even gain admission to those schools, it takes hard works and good mental ability. nevertheless these men have gone ahead to further their educations after hitting such marks. so don't say this again ever.

The words to use in insulting you have not been invented yet.
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by vani86: 6:21pm On Mar 28, 2017
flourishing247:
I graduated with a third class. I was ashamed for a long time but I woke up and followed my dream. Today I have 4 first class graduates and many 2.1, 2.2 graduates working for me. Stop the discrimination!!!!!!!

On the contrary i am not discriminating, i only got harsh with the OP cuz he was using dino to justify his 3rd class.
You were ashamed of yours and you worked on yourself to better yourself and it worked. Look at the OP are the 2 of you in d same category. He is a poser

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by coolestchris2: 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
vani86:

On the contrary i am not discriminating, i only got harsh with the OP cuz he was using dino to justify his 3rd class.
You were ashamed of yours and you worked on yourself to better yourself and it worked. Look at the OP are the 2 of you in d same category. He is a poser
bros u say u deh for site,yet u be king of mentions

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by KingsleyCEO: 6:32pm On Mar 28, 2017
vani86:
In other words you be olodo, dundy. Your mates made at least 2:2 and after 5 years in university, you came out with 3rd class and proud because a thug like melaye is also a dundy.

SMH leaders of tomorrow

Dear Mumu, you wey graduate with 1st class what are your achievements? I weep for you!
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by KingsleyCEO: 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
vani86:

So you're even a marketer with all the 1st class stuff. I pity you in this weather. Na die you they o. Accept my condolences!
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by SmartyPants(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2017
MVLOX:

A good employer of Labour is not looking for your result the truth is that he has seen many pple with result fail in their role... Dis days a gud employer of Labour want the man who can do the job.... That is where experience comes in.... A third class graduate will rather start small and gather so much experience like i have done unlike a guy with gud results Dat want it all big....... Am currently working while there re friends out there doing jobs that pay little or nothing simply cuz dey only have a result and no experience to show..... This issue like faith which is dead with works..... Therefore a gud result without experience is nothing

You must understand that a good result is merely a tool in the hands of its possessor, however it is an extremely powerful tool. If one does nothing with it, it is his fault but the fact is that he can certainly do more with it than the average person can with a bad result.

A good result without experience is not nothing by the way. Everyone enters the labor force with little or no experience. Companies know this and that is why they have graduate trainee programs. However, these programs are usually restricted to candidates with good grades. This means that right from the off, people with good grades have access to better experiences.

And what are you even referring to as experience? Is it relevant to your chosen career? Doing some trading may not count if you are aiming for an engineering job for example; If it is relevant, is it at the right level? You want to lecture at a university but you are getting "experience" in a small primary school? If it is at the right level, is it provable? You might not get the chance to explain what you have been doing with your time to a panel of interviewers. What if there is an automated process (as there usually is) that automatically screens out candidates without certain documents?

While you might be able to answer yes to these questions, it is clear that the barriers are steep when you have to get into the labor force the hard way. While you are spending precious time learning from your own mistakes, others are learning in the most efficient manner, which is by observing the mistakes of others, as they benefit from in-house training and the wisdom of their supervisors.

Of course, not everyone with good grades will use them wisely. But for the wise ones, good grades give more than a head start: they are an unbeatable advantage.

To cap it off, i will borrow from what you said, by saying that good grades unto which relevant experience is added, is the winning combination.

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by vani86: 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
KingsleyCEO:

So you're even a marketer with all the 1st class stuff. I pity you in this weather. Na die you they o. Accept my condolences!

Errrmmmmm. How did you get to that conclusion.

Lie i said, the dull ones are d ones that think they know everything

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by achieverme(m): 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
coolestchris2:
Ok na.so they don't combine results abi

And have they shown you any combination or did he show you a combination?

Let me ask you : is it your destiny to remain slave to a politician or is hunger already eating up your brain? I mean why are you commenting so blindly?
Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by presty83: 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2017
Third class degree holders are far more intelligent than first class graduate base on findings. Most first class graduates manupulate their way toward achieving such fit. I know about 17 first class graduate today from various universities who can not write common application letter. I also have some who can not express themselves well. and others who can not even do the both. so stop all this first class stuff.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by coolestchris2: 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
achieverme:

And have they shown you any combination or did he show you a combination?

Let me ask you : is it your destiny to remain slave to a politician or is hunger already eating up your brain? I mean why are you commenting so blindly?
bros did u and melaye fight in class that year

Re: I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) by oshorstan(f): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
vani86:
In other words you be olodo, dundy. Your mates made at least 2:2 and after 5 years in university, you came out with 3rd class and proud because a thug like melaye is also a dundy.

SMH leaders of tomorrow

You're a Fool & a slowpoke. Third class nor mean poverty, it means you're gingered to become the best. FYI, Let's get down into an intellectual discourse, u can't beat any.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Bashir El-Rufai And His Wife, Halima Kazaure On Baecation (Photos) / 90 Orange Men In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / 7 Senators That Constitute 'Cabal' In The Senate - NigerianBulletin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.