Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? (59508 Views)

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MVLOX(m): 9:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
I nd my fiance re planning for our marriage by December and we re not planning for something big our budget is 300k plus..... This is how we plan to make it work..... 1st of all our clothing will be made by her based on the fact that not only is she a brain... A 2:1 graduate of business administration and management but also a very good fashion designer that makes both male and female wears. So she is gonna make all our clothing including her own wedding gown plus my suit which won't be white by the way even though she totally deserves to wear a white gown cuz she is a good babe a Virgin.... We both are. We will only have guests of not more than 150 pple. The smaller the better cuz Weda u invite the whole world pple will still come and say u didn't do well.... We want a European theme wedding were we celebrate with just few friends and family. OK so after the wedding talk and processes at our place of worship, a well packaged refreshment will be given to all guests as they step out of the place of worship meaning h there won't be any reception. It could end there but we may decide to further invite fewer friends and family to party a little at my dad's place later that night or evening.... Thats it as easy as that..... Marriage is more Dan the ceremony it's life Afta the ceremony that matters.

17 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 9:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
nnamdibig:

Are you sure you want to know or are you here to throw insults??
Pls kindly highlight the insults. It's either u are being evasive or lying. Hence u are picking offence.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by loswhite(m): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
Amarabae:
Traditional wedding, my husband spend up to 1m, then white wedding was around 1.7m.
Those two days was a great joy to me.
hw much did u spend?

9 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
Listen guys, especially those of you with your wedding ceremony in view and with spouses that keep spending uncontrollably also with in-laws that aren't helping matters, got a strong advice for you.

I did my traditional marriage almost a month before my wedding ceremony due to the fact that my in-laws live very far away and my wife doesn't stay with them but in my vicinity. I was given a list of items to buy that cost over 200k excluding parent's clothing and meal. (It's not much o but 200k plus wedding when I get 500k budget). So, without having as much as 50k though I've spent more than 150k on other things including photography and make up we fixed a date to have a simple ceremony but alas! my in-laws has got their own plan at my expense. A ceremony that was pre-planned for 50 max had 200+ in attendance.

I assessed the situation and decided to play the game with them. Of all the items on the list, I chose not to buy some and bought half of some such as half bag of instead of rice, salt, groundnut oil, palm oil, honey, flour, garri and a lil more of some. But I never bought any item whole except if it's very very very affordable. This was a day before the D day.

On seeing this, my father in-law called a quick meeting of the elders in the family and explained what I've done to them. I told them I got no money and that the lil I got is for our journey back to LAG. (I can't walk to Lag from Delta state. some people can but I can't). When they observed that I was being stubborn and there's lil time, they calmly told me to please complete just 3 of the items. Before I knew it, some of them started making contributions and at the end it was successful. ( Though, they had their revenge during the ceremony)

For the traditional marriage, I budgeted 150k and spent 400k and yet they were expecting more. Please, guys can learn 1 or 2 lessons from these

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mikolo80: 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
Realhommie:
Hmmmmmmmm... It makes a whole lot of sense, but such can only be possible if ur spouse is extremely understanding.

why marry non understanding person in diss. place
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by ehissi(m): 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
Realhommie:
Hmmmmmmmm... It makes a whole lot of sense, but such can only be possible if ur spouse is extremely understanding.

Only when she carry belle and her papa no dey, na E dat one dey possible for Naija. Cheap but risky way to get married.

Take it or leave it.

White Wedding /Reception #1,050,000 Traditional #335,500**

**Only #205,500 of the traditional budget is Mandatory, the rest is optional. Wedding Reception seats/Feeds 300. Any other person(s) outside the 300 can goan buy puff-puff because all you may get is bottle water or can coke Zero or Du big Malt....... angry

Fried Rice/Jollof/Salad/Moin-moin with Beef for 200persons and 100 persons for Semo with Egusi or Ogbono (Mixing is strictly prohibited, we are on a tight budget........ angry )

2 wedding Cakes, Media, hotels, DJ invitation cards for 100 (The rest go hear through social Media, those offline can go and see vision and get their own IV inside dream for night...... angry ), Registry bills, car rental, hall, decorations, labour for 6 people to serve food and drinks, every every......... shocked

Plus Traditional and Church wedding takes place on 2 different days in 2 different cities......

I just dey look July dey wonder, why time just dey fly anyhow. Who hold remote whey dey do this kan thing sef...... undecided

N:B:- This budget involved some very Spiritual as well as dangerous cost cutting techniques that require adult supervision as a very coded bae/fiance whose second name is (Spirit of Understanding). Do not do this at home biko..... grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2017
nusirat:
Alihamudullilahi, islam, makes a different, My mariage nikahi cost me just 55,000. Naira. Including dowry, and transportation, and Allah, bless the union, in no small measure, as the matriage open the door of blessing, since then from grace to grace, now we are no more tenants, Marriage is not about the money you spend on your wedding day, but how you chose your spouse, still thank my Father who chose better wife for me after my NYSC.
So dem choose wife for u. Chai! See Nerd. Pls don't tell me crap about tradition.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2017
LOL.

MicroBox:
April 22 remains a nightmare until when it's over..
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2017
inception101:

For your mind, 150 - 200 na small circle? Interesting
With the family I come from (my husband inclusive), that's a minimum.

Boleyndynasty2:
150-250 guests you call small circle? Nne are you for real? lol chineke Nna m eeeeeh!!! I don't even want to imagine what a big circle would look like
LOL grin!! My father is a traditionalist who likes carrying everyone along plus I come from a very large family (my paternal grand daddy had eleven abi na twelve wives aside concubines or was it my maternal grandfather who had five wives or more grin).. I guess it was the in-thing then (polygamy) coupled with, they were titled chiefs.

Babe, no worry. I know what I am saying.. If you leave my parents, they can comfortably give you 300 guests come be say I be first daughter cheesy..
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by deturla: 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2017
gwine0047:

Bro, I feel your pain. You should see my wife as she was preparing - buying all sort of things that made me start thinking if the word "budget" had a meaning I don't know of. What my eye saw, my fingers can't type but I just thank Baba G as my wedding will be a week old tomorrow.

Budgeted 500k, spent 1.35m

Why are girls so inconsiderate when it comes to wedding. It beats me!!

That is the pain of being on Instagram. Honestly

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by idu1(m): 9:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
Anuoluwapo3054:
you gotta be kiddin...shey na shawa fish u wan use ni? abi na egg u go put on top rice for your guest? 150k is too small. drinks nko?
grin grin

Na families and friends wedding o.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by VicStix: 9:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
MicroBox:
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.

Sir, the hard truth is that she is not ready for marriage, maybe not to you. It is obvious you two have different values and if you can't reach a compromise on that, you may probably not be able to strike any meaningful deal with her after the wedding. You need to speak to her.
I see no reason either parties preparing for a wedding should be under pressure. But that is just me.
HML.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by BabaCommander: 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2017
gwine0047:

Bro, I feel your pain. You should see my wife as she was preparing - buying all sort of things that made me start thinking if the word "budget" had a meaning I don't know of. What my eye saw, my fingers can't type but I just thank Baba G as my wedding will be a week old tomorrow.

Budgeted 500k, spent 1.35m
I week married and you are publicly bad mouthing your wife already?
Only God knows what you are doing to her in private
The thunder that will fire you is doing a press up at Sambisa forest.
Ibu onye iberibe

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by nnamdibig(m): 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2017
DavidEsq:

Pls kindly highlight the insults. It's either u are being evasive or lying. Hence u are picking offence.

This dude, you are very funny. Why will I lie in a faceless forum? You are calling me a liar on a simple issue that will cost me nothing to explain at the same time saying that am picking offence, is that not ignorant?
Like I said, what you want to know you ask not acting up.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by oluamid(m): 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2017
DavidEsq:

Sori bro, I'm kinda lost. How cld I budget 200-300k if I want to spend 500? If I budget 200-300k, wen I actually want to spend 500k, wldnt I start planning within 500k? Practically speaking, u mean if I want to buy a goat and it wld cost me 25k, by ur comment, u mean I shld plan to buy the goat for 15k? Huh, for real?

What he meant was let's say you have N500k cash. Budget N300k as your wedding expense. The reason being that if after exhausting the budget there are still things to buy or inflation means things are more expensive, your remaining N200k will help cushion the excess cost.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
A well to do wedding that exceeds N2.5mil is wasteful and an average wedding that exceeds N500k isn't an average no more.

My submission is based on atleast N200/$1 though.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by ijayebonyi(f): 9:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
eternalcity:
will 40% of the expenditure to her
Wedding is not for the man only.
Lol
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
deturla:

Why are girls so inconsiderate when it comes to wedding. It beats me!!

That is the pain of being on Instagram. Honestly

I won't say they are but only a few can contain and control the emotions that come with it. For guys, it's not too much a deal but to girls, it seems it's that one thing in a lifetime so it has to be grand or grand. Even experienced female acquaintances don't help matters
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by pillan(f): 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
MicroBox:

My friend! Out of close to a million naira list i was giving, Nothing of her is included not even a lipstick. everything is for the family even the food they are going to cook is not included, that one is a separate fee...
humm! i have never seen a very greedy tradition like that until now.
that's outrageous,what tribe is that?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
nnamdibig:

This dude, you are very funny. Why will I lie in a faceless forum? You are calling me a liar on a simple issue that will cost me nothing to explain at the same time saying that am picking offence, is that not ignorant?
Like I said, what you want to know you ask not acting up.
Even Buhari did not take dis long, before he tactfully told us he was ill. Pls borrow a leaf from oluamid.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by admirable22: 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
uzobaby:
looooooooooollll I can just imagine your situation. .you can still talk to her about it.citing examples...
my dear such happen during my time but just do your thing as you want it .this period could be tempting.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by VicStix: 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
olrotimi:
Any wedding that costs more than 50% of annual income in gross expenditure is no longer a wedding, its a jamboree.
Nigerians need to wake up and realize that after the jamboree, the sobriety kicks in.
I don't see the wisdom in buying crates of alcohol for old men to get drunk on or bottles of spirit for young men to revel in.
Zero sense.

50% of annual income is even still much, 50% Of annual savings is probably more like it.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Realhommie(m): 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
mikolo80:
why marry non understanding person in diss. place
That's why i used the adverb "Extremely", which is to a high level/degree..
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Osgilliat(m): 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
Have budgeted 1.2m for my wedding and I will not allow anything or anyone to inflate this.. my bae has tried so many times to increase this but she keep failing.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mizchoc(f): 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
menwongo:
Lol guys will now considered where to marry.
South south:1m
East:2m
North Central:50k
North:10k

Benue State in my mind

So Benue ladies are so cheap now abi?
U can't marry me for 50k oh.. .no think am.. .

Am a Benue girl ni

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Jagabanmonerry(m): 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
idu1:

Anything more than that I am not doing.
Bros, I concurred with you, am vr sure we can possibly do that in our place. From ur moniker, I know u are from Okland.....

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by arrestdarrester: 9:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
MicroBox:

You sure say no be you cause am so? E be like say you don show your future wife and in-laws say your pepper rest well well. Just make sure say you no enter marriage with debt. Good luck sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 9:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
Osgilliat:
Have budgeted 1.2m for my wedding and I will not allow anything or anyone to inflate this.. my bae has tried so many times to increase this but she keep failing.
grin. Badoo

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Funkybabee(f): 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

That's the problem nne especially when it comes to the Yoruba and Igbo wedding angry.. It almost becomes a competition plus any relative you tactfully omit to try save cost, they will remind you in years to come grin..

parent people na big p for me, if we base it on me how many people funkybabee get but my Mama and papa haaaa na wayooooo except one pastor tell them not to celebrate it noisy!!! but if ain't so na over a million naira am going to budget, if I don't want wahala and talk cuz Osogbo can kill person with mouth eh.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by BabaCommander: 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
VicStix:

Sir, the hard truth is that she is not ready for marriage, maybe not to you. It is obvious you two have different values and if you can't reach a compromise on that, you may probably not be able to strike any meaningful deal with her after the wedding. You need to speak to her.
I see no reason either parties preparing for a wedding should be under pressure. But that is just me.
HML.
The dude himself is not ready for marriage. One does not plan marriage in one day.
He should have known the taste of the lady he's going to marry, discuss well and reach an agreement with her and her family and prepare well in advance.
All these small small boys trying to form men should know that marriage is not for children. wink

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by emmayayodeji(m): 9:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
Juliearth:
I would rather have a semi lowkey wedding so as to minimize cost...there is life after the wedding called marriage and that is what matters more.

hmmmn youre smart i wish we had more girls like u

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
BabaCommander:

I week married and you are publicly bad mouthing your wife already?
Only God knows what you are doing to her in private
The thunder that will fire you is doing a press up at Sambisa forest.
Ibu onye iberibe

This is the trend: First, get a brain then learn how to use it. Then fill it with something brilliant not peas, dungs or emptiness before commenting.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / Man Who Invited Strippers To His Wedding Celebrates Birthday With Scary Cake / Nice Pictures Of Unique Cakes For Nigerian Traditional Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.