Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,811 members, 7,824,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? (33880 Views)

Poll: Do You Think Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour?

Yes - Most of them: 16% (30 votes)
Yes - only some: 52% (96 votes)
No - they smell good: 30% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! / Simple Way To Know If You Have Bad Breath / Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by skfa1: 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2009
adolfe bad:

anyone here ever gotten on a train in london filled up with average white people and noticed the smell?

na no go area be that, cheiiii.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by THEAMAKA1: 1:46am On Dec 30, 2009
yes i did notice this when i was in naija and specifically with the males.
some of them just can't afford deodorant or they don't see it as a necessity  lipsrsealed
but it wasn't a lot of guys but a good number of them.

my grandpa owns a store/bar (i used to be the salesgirl sometimes) and a lot of guys would come in for drinks or to smoke and a lot of them did smell. ahhhhhh, but what can i do? what can i say? it's rude.
but you know, the customer is always right. lol
**this one drunkard guy used to SMELL SO RANCID and come almost everyday!! OMG OMG OMG  lipsrsealed **
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 1:48am On Dec 30, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin"
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by debosky(m): 1:50am On Dec 30, 2009
Amaka the sales girl. . . .why do I find that idea so hot?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by TOPE20001(f): 1:51am On Dec 30, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

some of them just can't afford deodorant or they don't see it as a necessity lipsrsealed

That is the keypoint grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by debosky(m): 1:52am On Dec 30, 2009
skfa1:

Body Odour Smeller (BOS)  grin  grin  grin

Mama -gee you still haven't answered my question - is this your profession?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by THEAMAKA1: 1:57am On Dec 30, 2009
debosky:

Amaka the sales girl. . . .why do I find that idea so hot?
lmao!!
well i used to be bored sometimes and i loved to help my grandpa out. my cousin and i (the same age) would help out around by cleaning and keeping everything in order cause we love our grampy! grin kiss
i used to get tips or "keep the change" or i just used to attract customers.
"come and see the fine american girl" is what they used to always say. lolol
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by debosky(m): 2:05am On Dec 30, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

lmao!!
well i used to be bored sometimes and i loved to help my grandpa out. my cousin and i (the same age) would help out around by cleaning and keeping everything in order cause we love our grampy! grin kiss
i used to get tips or "keep the change" or i just used to attract customers.
"come and see the fine american girl" is what they used to always say. lolol

American sales girl who even cleans. . . .even hotter. Call the fire service!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by THEAMAKA1: 2:06am On Dec 30, 2009
debosky:

American sales girl who even cleans. . . .even hotter. Call the fire service!!
lmao!! cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Pweety4me(f): 2:28am On Dec 30, 2009
@Poster i never really noticed that from any nigerian men but maybe dat's because i don't really go near many of dem. . . undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by HIO4: 4:13am On Dec 30, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

yes i did notice this when i was in naija and specifically with the males.
some of them just can't afford deodorant or they don't see it as a necessity lipsrsealed
but it wasn't a lot of guys but a good number of them.

my grandpa owns a store/bar (i used to be the salesgirl sometimes) and a lot of guys would come in for drinks or to smoke and a lot of them did smell. ahhhhhh, but what can i do? what can i say? it's rude.
but you know, the customer is always right. lol
**this one drunkard guy used to SMELL SO RANCID and come almost everyday!! OMG OMG OMG lipsrsealed **
That's a problem with the men from your village.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ancel(m): 4:54am On Dec 30, 2009
Debosky asks:
How come you've smelled the bodies of [size=18pt]most[/size] Nigerian men? What exactly is your occupation?

grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by HIO4: 5:00am On Dec 30, 2009
;d
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by lovemoi2(f): 5:03am On Dec 30, 2009
not all tongue
[size=14pt]

@ mama gee i noticed you spend alot of time in the church
[/size]
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ancel(m): 5:09am On Dec 30, 2009
Lovemoi2: Not all? Would you care to put an approximate count to it? tongue undecided grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by lovemoi2(f): 5:12am On Dec 30, 2009
ancel:

Lovemoi2: Not all? Would you care to put an approximate count to it? tongue undecided grin grin

lol am just assuming, please there must be dirty and clean pple in all countries
i haven't met so many nigerian men to conclude though tongue
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by adedayoone: 5:14am On Dec 30, 2009
I think you need to rephrase ma ,most nigerian men do not have body odour ;more like most people in nigeria have body odour because its hot and sticky and people are more concerned about feeding than how their body smells . Try asians and i'd agree with u anyday
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by lovemoi2(f): 5:19am On Dec 30, 2009
^^^^ are u talking about indians

cos its proven that Asians( phillipinos, koreans, chinese) have a lesser chance of having body odor cos they dont perspire like blacks or caucasians,

most of the times, the Asians i mentioned dont even need deodorant., i think it has a lot to do with their body mass, i mean they are small in nature
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ancel(m): 5:21am On Dec 30, 2009
Mama Gee!!! General in every Church matter dem dem cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by santanovva(m): 5:33am On Dec 30, 2009
platinumnk:

i sat in a 4 hour sermon in a church in my village

i didnt smell anyone. they all smelled fresh  wink

your nose needs deliverance
lets arrange it for her grin

adagz 01:

mama gee,u have not answered that question.what really is your occupatoin?.im smelling sumtin oh,hope u are not apros**tu*e. HUSH![/b]smelling 9ja men body grin

Good question! I know of choirs, ushers, security, traffic men, even greeters in churches but never have i heard of [b]smellers
. Do you do the smelling in a one-on -one environment and for how long is a smelling [b]SEkX[/b]tion? wink
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by lovemoi2(f): 5:44am On Dec 30, 2009
i did a music video with one of the black rappers in the US in 2008
the main rapper of the video stank a lilttle bit, and that was because we work for
like 2days none stop at the area of shooting trying to make everything perfect,
now am sure some of u know this guy and you will never believe that he can ever have a bad oddor day,  no one made a big deal out of it cos
it happens sometimes, guys tend to perspire alot under stress and working hard
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by adedayoone: 5:54am On Dec 30, 2009
^^^^ er i beg to differ , chinese ,taiwanese , have a funny smell and its like peculiar to all the ones i have stood close to , maybe they dont perspire alot but they still smell funny
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ancel(m): 5:55am On Dec 30, 2009
lovemoi2 no mind the OP jare. :p But some guys (AND gals), no matter them nationality, sef no dey even try at all abeg grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by THEAMAKA1: 8:39am On Dec 30, 2009
@ h202 or whatever you call yourself, i no get time for your annoying replies.
even the people stunk in lagos airport so i dont know what youre talking about.
anyway, moving on.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Mannylex(m): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2009
@THE.AMAKA, action lady, just the way i like them.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by MyHonour(m): 9:31am On Dec 30, 2009
stink! stank!! stunk!!! stinking!!! what about the gurls with their stinking pataz? huh? *runs outta the thread*
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 30, 2009
Hisses @ myhonour. Yeah. Keep moving. Thread derailer.

Where mamagee sef?! The questions are piling up!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by HIO4: 9:52am On Dec 30, 2009
@amaka farm animal, you bein think say i get time for your own akuri replies.
fanshi
MyHonour:

stink! stank!! stunk!!! stinking!!! what about the gurls with their stinking pataz? huh? *runs outta the thread*
no be only pataz, furodis included.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by LordReed(m): 9:58am On Dec 30, 2009
iceblue:

Where mamagee sef?! The questions are piling up!

Neva around to answer for herself obviously.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by santanovva(m): 10:03am On Dec 30, 2009
HIO4:

@amaka farm animal, you bein think say i get time for your own akuri replies.
fanshino be only pataz, furodis included.
yeeeeepa!!!!! grin shocked grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by lovemoi2(f): 10:06am On Dec 30, 2009
some pple need to grow up
the thread is becoming childish by the day
u guys think once you talk about a woman's pusssyyy stinking then all women will keep quiet ( african mentality i guess)

its all about being clean as an individual thats all, no big deal

that joke is getting old
men's d!ick stink too[b] if not taking care off,[/b]
simple!!  grow up guys
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by HIO4: 10:13am On Dec 30, 2009
lovemoi2:

some pple need to grow up
the thread is becoming childish by the day
u guys think once you talk about a woman's pusssyyy stinking then all women will keep quiet ( african mentality i guess)

its all about being clean as an individual thats all, no big deal

that joke is getting old
men's d!ick stink too[b] if not taking care off,[/b]
simple!! grow up guys
was it a man who created this thread
is it not childish
did you not just throw your own cheap shot

quit acting like awon big galz jare

respect will be given to those who give it in return

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

9 Life Threatening Things You Do Every Day / Coronavirus Casualties Surpass SARS; At Least 811 Deaths Recorded So Far / Coronavirus: NCDC Fears Spread May Worsen As Lockdown Ends Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.