Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? (33853 Views)

Poll: Do You Think Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour?

Yes - Most of them: 16% (30 votes)
Yes - only some: 52% (96 votes)
No - they smell good: 30% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! / Simple Way To Know If You Have Bad Breath / Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by GL(f): 3:20am On Dec 31, 2009
H2O2:

i know that.
i followed suit to reinforce the point that mere dubious and clearly gender-biased statements like yours ( or mine) are only going to fan the flames, not quell it. even you can't deny the hint of sexism in your post.  that's the reason the guys piling on you took offense to your umm long dissertation.

i actually set out to make my post as non-sexist as i could, while staying on the topic of nigerian guys & BO and also being true to my observations. obviously i shouldn't have bothered. btw, i didn't even think your post was gender-biased. i just thought it was odd that you would fault my statement and make a similar one in the same post.

i don't know how possible this is, but i was just thinking that maybe people are more perceptive to the other sex's odour (good or bad). that might explain why many guys here find this topic so offensive. it would certainly explain my observations concerning BO.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by SEFAGO(m): 3:39am On Dec 31, 2009
Nigerian men are claiming sexism- wonders no go end grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by manny4life(m): 3:54am On Dec 31, 2009
Damn, everyone should relax and please let's stop taking it personal. Having body odor is a natural cause, everyone has it and not only with guys but with girls as well, and its not a hygienic issue, but a health problem, however when not controlled, then it goes bad. People have body odor for several reasons and not because that they did not shower nor wash nor their mouth. While I don't have body odor, but a lot of guys have same problems as I do because I wouldn't wanna irritate someone else by my sweat even if its natural for me to sweat. Summer is a wonderful season but really terrible on most guys than girls including me, my perspiration rate is really high coupled with the moist heat at 90something degree, I bet you having a mixture of body odor time bomb. For me every thing I do I sweat, from walking, running eating and it's just so much I literally have to have a washcloth every where I go however I've always corrected it by using a dry antiperspirant deodorant 3/4x daily, obviously I have to clean up affected areas each time I use it, and obviously shower twice daily

Again it all boils down to personal choices if they chose to control it or not. Its the truth but studies have showed that guys are likely more susceptible to it than girls because of the hormonal glands and body system.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by H2O2: 4:05am On Dec 31, 2009
GL:

i actually set out to make my post as non-sexist as i could, while staying on the topic of nigerian guys & BO and also being true to my observations. obviously i shouldn't have bothered. btw, i didn't even think your post was gender-biased. i just thought it was odd that you would fault my statement and make a similar one in the same post.
my observations too dear.  if you must know, it was that conspicuous 90% remark that elicited my fabricated statistic.  
there is nothing odd about it and allow me to explain why.  when you deliberately make comments that evoke negative energy from members of the opposite sex, of course you should expect equally offensive, disparaging responses in retaliation.

i don't know how possible this is, but i was just thinking that maybe people are more perceptive to the other sex's odour (good or bad). that might explain why many guys here find this topic so offensive. it would certainly explain my observations concerning BO.

are you mistakening our redolent male pheromones for foul body odours?  grin  grin
and while your inference regarding the cross-consciousness of our perceptions may be true, it's generally human nature to feel slighted and to take offense to unpleasant statements.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by H2O2: 4:08am On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

Nigerian men are claiming sexism- wonders no go end grin
grin grin grin na so we see am o.

true, most nigerian men are sexist - no doubt.
but our women should not fight fire with fire nau.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by GL(f): 4:52am On Dec 31, 2009
H2O2:

are you mistakening our redolent male pheromones for foul body odours?  grin  grin
and while your inference regarding the cross-consciousness of our perceptions may be true, it's generally human nature to feel slighted and to take offense to unpleasant statements.

pheromone ke? pheromones work unconsciously, the body odour we're talking about is unmistakable. grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by H2O2: 4:58am On Dec 31, 2009
grin grin roflmao, abeg.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by hermosa(f): 5:01am On Dec 31, 2009
There was this Nigerian man I saw in Church when I went back home for Xmas, the guy passed by me in Church and he stunk very bad, Please don't they use deodorants or is it poverty going through?
sweetie not all men smell. your judging all nigerian men because one guy stank? seriously i should think befor you write things that aren't worth being on the net. does your dad, uncle, brothers, cousins smell?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Ndeewonu: 5:23am On Dec 31, 2009
@ poster

1. It's wrong to generalise after just one man u met in d church; that's nt fair

2. Most men actually use deodos & have their baths at least 2ice daily. I do 3 at times.

4. However, Nigeria is a hot zone, pple also move aabt under d sun, jumping buses dt never stop for passengers to enter; trekking llong distances & hawking wares under hot sun; only to come back & see no light, no water, etc (for the avg Nigerian)

5. Ladies even smell more. And it hurts! After all those secretions left, right & centre. Worst in married ones.

6. By the way, I understand we even bathe more than d oyinbos. Some go without water for days, and dont wash their clothes they ve worn for days; is it true?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by san26dy(f): 5:33am On Dec 31, 2009
@poster, I think is generally because of the weather.  The heat is way too much in Naija.  But I won't say some don't smell. Especially here in the states. I see some married men smell like dead fish.  Please dont swallow me o. I can't even stand close to them.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Agnesqueen(f): 6:09am On Dec 31, 2009
There was this Nigerian man I saw in Church when I went back home for Xmas, the guy passed by me in Church and he stunk very bad, Please don't they use deodorants or is it poverty going through?

ahahahahahaha man this was funny. You should buy deodorant and offer them for a late christmans gift. Just pass them out and i guess that will solve the problem
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by softtouch2(m): 6:23am On Dec 31, 2009
My people dont mind this "mama gee"or anything she called herself, just because her "bed-mate" , sorry "f**K-mate" jilted her, she then decided to visit a church to seduce men, because her "thing " is scratching. The innocent guy she came across in the church is God-fearing, the guy won't fall for her tricks, Now she is diverting her anger on Nigerian men, Can't you see?, this MAMA GEE IS MAD!!!!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by gidson12(m): 7:00am On Dec 31, 2009
soft-touch:

My people dont mind this "mama gee"or anything she called herself, just because her "bed-mate" , sorry "be intimate with-mate" jilted her, she then decided to visit a church to seduce men, because her "thing " is scratching. The innocent guy she came across in the church is God-fearing, the guy won't fall for her tricks,  Now she is diverting her anger on Nigerian men, Can't you see?, this MAMA GEE IS MAD!!!!!
grin grin, yeah she's really mad
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by FMK(m): 7:13am On Dec 31, 2009
Mamagee,

you must be a Good Body smeller sensible noises you won 2010 Nobel Prize in Body Smelling detector with 10,000,000 USD send your Bank Account ASAP please
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Wrex(m): 7:48am On Dec 31, 2009
I find this rather offensive?Are you saying nigerian ladies don't have body odour?You are supposed to be in church to worship God not to be smelling men's body, Get your priority straight girl, Are you claiming you wash your pants everyday, rubbish!!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nizoral(f): 7:49am On Dec 31, 2009
@gidson12 & soft-touch quit calin people names or is it you guys she is refering to hmmmm sumfin is fishy here
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nizoral(f): 7:52am On Dec 31, 2009
@fmk lol, you did not tel me dr was a reality show lak wit such huge amount of peper i wud av registerd
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by capsmo(m): 8:20am On Dec 31, 2009
many factors come into play here. it is not a gender thing. factors like-
hygiene habits, genetics, nature of work/work environment, diet, inter alia.
it is just that women SEEM to pay more attention to their bodies than men.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 31, 2009
Nice way to exaggerate things~
or is there any lady here who can claim her boyfriend or husband smells?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 31, 2009
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by iyapony(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2009
@ mama-gee

maybe the man was a bit musty due to enthusiastic worshiping? tongue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Box-ES4Jw

im a nigerian man, and i know for a fact i dont have unpleasant body odor. the nigerian men who i come into contact with at my college dont either, in fact they are professionals at drowning themselves in cologne before class. grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Rmc1(m): 9:24am On Dec 31, 2009
mama gee
did u know that the male bo contains the male hormone pferomone ? which is meant to attract the female specie and make them wet their undies? if u doubt me google it!! grin shocked
MAMA GEE
sofly dey sniff oh b4 u go go chase man with 6pac 4 church oohh chaaaiii embarassed i cant shout
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by finemocha(f): 9:58am On Dec 31, 2009
NO PROBLEM. TRUST ME IN OTHER COUNTRIES THEY DONT WEAR DEODORANT AS WELL. SOME PEOPLE WOULD RATHER USE THE MONEY TO BUY FOOD FIRST, B4 CONSIDERING SUAVE ROLL ON DEODORANT
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:03am On Dec 31, 2009
@londoner pls no disrespect but i quite disagree with you,People have different natural body smell while some has odour,Depepending on the nationals
since i was a boy i use sure deodorant roll on,though i dont have body odour.
Now i use sure 24 hr Responsive or LYNX spray, (i dont even use a Roll-on anymore for the wet after effect ). for these reason even if i dont use perfumes
my clothes are used to the natural fresh smell and only change wen i use perfumes.this is the same with my brothers and cousins,sometimes sef my house smell janded
@londoner maybe you u like or are used to the smell of other nationals
At least from my observation an average Nigerian man that takes care of himself by bathing 2ce a day and uses anti persirant should smell ok
Except for some who has a thiccckkkk smell gosh u grin u know wat i mean.i asked my mum why she said they were not well bathed as a baby thats why
dunno how far that is true anyway
My little advice is men should never ignore the usage of [b]SURE 24HR Responsive [/b]its worth advertising for
sometins wen i dont use the spray for some days,though i dont have odour my armpits can be wet which might stink if i persist) grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:09am On Dec 31, 2009
@Hermosa   grin grin grin grin grin na u think pass
Oya Mama Gee Answer o
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by nigboy(m): 10:19am On Dec 31, 2009
Some body odor are genetic

I guess u know

This type of body odor have no cure

While some body odor are as a result of what one eat

In this case the individual have to identify the food causing him to have bad odor and stop eating such food

http://www.vickywebworld.org/who-is-the-scorpio-most-compatible-with/

Find out Who is the scorpion most compatible with for you relationship
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by kamalydeen(m): 10:50am On Dec 31, 2009
@ the poster i dont think you get job and problem, Beacuse you get job or problem you will not be doing amebo all about, grin, I know that exact time will be the time for prayer point @ church.na body odur you dey persive , you are finished,
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by kamalydeen(m): 10:55am On Dec 31, 2009
@ the poster i don't think you get job and problem, Because you get job or problem you will not be doing amebo all about, grin, I know that exact time will be the time for prayer point @ church.Na body odour you dey perceive , you are finished,
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ezan(m): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2009

You perceived the body odor of 1 or a few men and your conclusion is most Nig. men have bad body odor?! Amazing.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by vincent10(m): 11:07am On Dec 31, 2009
I am an object i smell nice in d morning. Smell bad in d afternoon and smell nice-bad in the evening. Mama gee what am I?     Hahahahahaha grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by kpolli(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2009
so one man has become most
Mama gee u r lookin for my trouble o
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by kushe: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2009
why una wicked like theseeee now?? mama gee u know what?? go on a thread generating strike indefinitely and refuse to be tempted to post a response to other people's stuff and then you will discover absence makes the heart go fonder and then the same people crucifying you will be inviting your opinion and then you would feel better and stop sulking and probably start another crappy thread and then the onslaught and soon you will take it for what it is.THE INTERNET. An anonymous existence in which you can say whatever,whenever and however,abi anybody sabi your house uuuuummm mama gee,how could you have let your guard down for a NLer ?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How 7,276 Patients Contracted COVID-19 In Nigeria Unknown - NCDC / How Tramadol Nearly Made Me Impotent / Coronavirus Casualties Surpass SARS; At Least 811 Deaths Recorded So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.