Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? (33847 Views)

Poll: Do You Think Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour?

Yes - Most of them: 16% (30 votes)
Yes - only some: 52% (96 votes)
No - they smell good: 30% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! / Simple Way To Know If You Have Bad Breath / Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Princek12(m): 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2009
mama gee, if your sense of smell is that potent to the extent that you can sniff body odor from far away, why don't you go get a job at Amsterdam Airport sniffing explosives on the body of would be Al Qaeda terrorists?

I sure say you go make plenty money since you dey smell pass K9 dogs,
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by tbaba83(m): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ londoner
from the post the the smeller did not know the smelle from adams so we cant say it is a case of body odour or anything else. all we know is the man stinked. who are we to point fingers at someone who smells when we all smell as well.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by londoner: 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ thaba, body odour has a particular smell. Its different than having a body smell (which every one has), its not supposed to be an offensive stench/stink.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by tbaba83(m): 8:47pm On Dec 30, 2009
@londoner
after playing football dont we all stink or when u wake up dont u mouth smell. guy everybody smells
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Mekusxyz: 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2009
Andre Uweh:

Mekuxxx, do not tell me that you have been banned again.

Kosovo is exercising the powers confirmed on him, Nigerian style. This is Mekusxxx reloaded. Hahahahah!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ochukoccna: 8:51pm On Dec 30, 2009
[size=18pt]@ topic, this post is delusional. How can smelling one man's body odour evolve to most  Nigerian men having body odour?
She's probably hanging around d wrong crowd embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
[/size]
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by londoner: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2009
@tbaba

We are not talking about after playing football or waking up after many hours of sleep with an unbrushed mouth. Why should a persons mouth be smelling at 9am on the bus on their way to work, or even on their way back at 5pm? Why should a person be smelling of B.O just on their way to work in the morning?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by mamagee3(f): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2009
londoner:

@tbaba

We are not talking about after playing football or waking up after many hours of sleep with an unbrushed mouth. Why should a persons mouth be smelling at 9am on the bus on their way to work, or even on their way back at 5pm? Why should a person be smelling of B.O just on their way to work in the morning?

You're one funny fellow. grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by londoner: 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2009
mama-gee:

You're one funny fellow. grin grin

Its true though, lol
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by slimes(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2009
ochukoccna:

[size=18pt]@ topic, this post is delusional. How can smelling one man's body odour evolve to most  Nigerian men having body odour?
She's probably hanging around d wrong crowd embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
[/size]

Helep me ask 'em oh!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by standog100: 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2009
i think you just have to stepup.maybe u ve been hanging with the wrong crew,
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2009
I wouldn't say most Nigerian men, I'd say some, just like any other race.

I'm Nigerian, and I don't stink.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by EmperorOlu: 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2009
Mama gee ,you have issues, just because you live abroad does not give you the right to ridicule Nigerian men.

I bet you are one of those Nigerian girls with K-legs and flat behinds
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
dawoyo:

@mama-gee,
you look really sweet in d pic in your profile, i only wonder why u go about smelling men's backside in your village. Abeg change or better still, i think i've got a job for you. Forward me your CV and all d certificates u have gathered so far in the process of backside smelling, d salary's very attractive.  Hurry up while the offer lasts, grin grin grin

Princek12:

mama gee, if your sense of smell is that potent to the extent that you can sniff body odor from far away, why don't you go get a job at Amsterdam Airport sniffing explosives on the body of would be Al Qaeda terrorists?

I sure say you go make plenty money since you dey smell pass K9 dogs,

EmperorOlu:

Mama gee ,you have issues, just because you live abroad does not give you the right to ridicule Nigerian men.

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by mamagee3(f): 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2009
EmperorOlu:

You must be a demented fellow! sad sad
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by tbaba83(m): 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2009
EmperorOlu:

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by LonDON2: 10:22pm On Dec 30, 2009
You come up with one example of a bad smell in your church and come to the conclusion that MOST Nigerian men have bad body odour?? Are you retarded??
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Biimz: 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2009
Opari
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by namski(m): 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2009
mamagee, I wont say I am disappointed by this posting, else why am I responding to it. Having said this, it is very improper to say that most Nigerian men have BO. If anyone fails to have their regular bath (boy or girl, man or woman) they will definitely develop body odour. You do not use perfume nor deodorant to fight body odour. The only way to watch it is regular body bath.

Again that singular man in your village that wuzzes does not form a representative sample size to label most men as having body odour.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by harakiri(m): 11:19pm On Dec 30, 2009
They have odor because they associate with smelling women on nairaland.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by osasp(m): 11:24pm On Dec 30, 2009
pfft smh
EmperorOlu:

lmao u killed it man

@ poster
u wrong 4 dat 1
dont go about generalising people. . .it never ends well
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by dawoyo(m): 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
Lon-DON:

You come up with one example of a bad smell in your church and come to the conclusion that MOST Nigerian men have bad body odour?? Are you retarded??
Abi? You took the words straight out of my mouth.

EmperorOlu:

My brother u have a very big point there, i guess the pic in her profile's for someone else and i was seriously tripping 4 dat person hence i refrained from bashing her. I'm so sure she must be xtremly flat @ d back with long ugly eczema K-legs like u said.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by NineoSix: 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2009
The fact of the matter is a lot of Nigerian men stink. No matter how much they want to disguise it, deodorant is not a priority to the average male. And they get majorly offended when you mention the BO issue. Personal hygiene is not something most men are taught by their fathers, as women because we are taught about grooming early, we learn about the deodorant issue from the get go.

Secondly, most guys can't afford to buy lynx or sure or whatever they use and I don't blame them. Its a major hussle just trying get paid to eat talk less of spending that cash on smelling nice.

Thirdly, grooming usually comes to men of a certain class and unfortunately most Nigerians fall into the $1 a day category. Its just not part of the modus operandi to smell good and groom themselves. And there are a category of women that stink too but not many.

Finally, a lot of Nigerian men think its all about how they dress and how much money they have. They forget to work on their guts, keep their teeth clean, nails clean and pedicure their feet too. They think its only for women but forget that women like attractive, groomed and clean men too.

But unfortunately, because money is so tight in this town you get a lot of girls going out with dirty guys just because he has a lot of cash to blow around. They turn a blind eye to the filth.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by SEFAGO(m): 12:09am On Dec 31, 2009
My brother u have a very big point there, i guess the pic in her profile's for someone else and i was seriously tripping 4 dat person hence i refrained from bashing her. I'm so sure she must be xtremly flat @ d back with long ugly eczema K-legs like u said.

mama-gee being 100% nigerian will look nothing like that grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by mamagee3(f): 12:19am On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

mama-gee being 100% nigerian will look nothing like that grin

Don't be a daft!
Have you ever heard of "Skin Tone" in your life? undecided
I think you ignorant guys need to go back to school before making a fool of yourselves in a public forum.
So, your own idea is that every Nigerian woman must be as dark as charcoal
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by A40(m): 12:28am On Dec 31, 2009
EmperorOlu:

GBAM!!

Who is the Orangutan that opened this thread? When dudes pounce on y'all you would say Naija men have no manners

It takes a woman with body odour to attract a man with one so miss mama-gee i think you need to smell yasef grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Rastamann: 12:28am On Dec 31, 2009
Body odour is common to both males and female. Just make sure you take good care of your body.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by dawoyo(m): 12:31am On Dec 31, 2009
mama-gee:

Don't be a daft!
Have you ever heard of "Skin Tone" in your life? undecided
I think you ignorant guys need to go back to school before making a fool of yourselves in a public forum.

So are you saying u're d one in d pic? If u are, then u try and i'm much more convinced that you'll be perfect for the job i have for you but you must first produce certificates of ass smelling you've obtained over a period of 10 years. I'm waiting patiently.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by H2O2: 12:35am On Dec 31, 2009
A-40:

GBAM!!

Who is the Orangutan that opened this thread? When dudes pounce on y'all you would say Naija men have no manners

It takes a woman with body odour to attract a man with one so miss mama-gee i think you need to smell yasef grin grin
Rofl grin grin grin

una dey abuse mama-gee like this.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by SEFAGO(m): 12:45am On Dec 31, 2009
Don't be a daft!
Have you ever heard of "Skin Tone" in your life? Undecided

Ok is that you?

grin

Anyone can claim anything on the internet
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by silami(m): 12:48am On Dec 31, 2009
Mamagee what were u doing in the, was it to seduce the man of God or to get customers?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by A40(m): 12:54am On Dec 31, 2009
She's definitely not the one in that pic cheesy cheesy A girl that cute would be around better smelling boys don't you think? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How 7,276 Patients Contracted COVID-19 In Nigeria Unknown - NCDC / How Tramadol Nearly Made Me Impotent / Coronavirus Casualties Surpass SARS; At Least 811 Deaths Recorded So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.