Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left (65968 Views)

Bride In Tears As She Chases Groom After Being Dumped At The Altar In DeltaState / Unhappy Bride Refuses To Kiss Her Groom At The Altar, Pushes Him Away. Photos / Shy Bride Refuses To Kiss Groom At The Altar In Port Harcourt. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by dangotesmummy: 6:22pm On May 14, 2017
alexialin:

Am telling you!
Its like death sentence .
Phew! Such horrible parents angry
the parents are one selfish bunch
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by zakywiz(m): 6:25pm On May 14, 2017
Think well before u say yes to any man who propose marriage to u.
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by alanka(f): 6:29pm On May 14, 2017
She said it. The family failed to understand that opposite of free will is sorrow, agony, hatred, bondage, cage, imprisonment...

Automatically, lack of freewill gives birth to violence, destruction, enmity... and there can never be love.

The guy was the cause of it all. If truly he loved the lady, he should be the one to talk to her parents that even himself will have problem if he marries her out of her freewill.

What she did pained her family, who knows if she did not do that, she should have done things that will pain the whole country like: suicide, murder, adultery...then it would not have been her family issue alone anymore
Perhaps, government issue, police issue, God issue inclusively.

The groom did not love her, if not he would help her to look for her happiness in someone else.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by nnokwa042(m): 6:29pm On May 14, 2017
NeeKlaus:
Hmmm.. there's nothing worse than a forced marriage or a marriage out of pity.

To the unwilling party, it will almost seem like a 'caged fight', enshrouded in resentment and non-compatibility.

All these parents sef. They still think we are in the 80s. Wonder when they will realize that times have changed.

Shaa, all these Twitter stories sef.
why did she wait till wedding day to say no? She just want the guy to waste his money for nothing shs wicked
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by EmeNation(m): 6:30pm On May 14, 2017
Lol.. Buht y was ur dad claiming a house he didnt built? That part got me cracking
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 14, 2017
dangotesmummy:
the parents are one selfish bunch

Very very selfish and wicked !
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by pauloman83: 6:42pm On May 14, 2017
4hys:
You have said it all, Mumu dey kill her

thank u oo. because that was my question too. why wait till wedding day.

she isnt faithful with DAT guy. d guy is OK. she just need his money not marrying him.
I am for d guy oo
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by abbeyty(m): 6:42pm On May 14, 2017
miss bum bum, dont mind them your Mr right is not yet born, France elected president wife should inspire you just keep chilling in your father's house oops i mean your grand father's house
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by GoldHorse(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2017
mmuonso:
Bum bum is a fool, yeah forced marriages should not be accepted, but why wait till the weeding day, eeh kwa ?

Very true. She was right but wronged the groom by waiting till the last moment to cancel. I hope she will SERIOUSLY seek forgiveness from him.
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by Huffington: 7:23pm On May 14, 2017
She is an idiot. Why did she allow the guy spend and prepare for wedding? Why didn't she refuse to say YES?

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by dhappyking(m): 7:58pm On May 14, 2017
A clear case of a confused mind. She accepted then changed her mind.
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by Getbizzzy: 8:41pm On May 14, 2017
First class case of ogbanje!
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by yollychika(f): 8:41pm On May 14, 2017
Dem say na catfish akant na..... Male reeling out gibberish story for fuxking RTs
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by hush15: 8:43pm On May 14, 2017
dangotesmummy:
is it by force for a woman to marry someone she doesn't love just because she's 30 for goodness sake.take it or live it Nigerian parents and families can be pushy overbearing and domineering. All the while they were courting to the time they were planning wedding, the girl's family didn't see the handwriting on the wall.all they were concerned with is how they'll show off and slay at their daughters wedding. All they're after is I will invite governor this, senator that to chair the wedding

The family of the girl are unreasonable people, they're not after the girl's well being, it's all about the ceremony aka karimi for them. If they were after her happiness they should have asked her are you sure you want to marry this man when he proposed instead of saying say yes.they should have asked do you feel happy with him,do you love him? These are questions the family should be bothered about

Gf, I understand what you saying but I don't agree. Was it the parent that introduce the guy and choose him to be her suitor?

If the answer is no, then the parents are not at fault at all. Lesson learnt is when you are not ready for it, don't go showing him off to your parent.

I just feel she succumbed to fear if the unknown. She dated this guy and all the while, she didn't mind at all. When it got to marriage, she still didn't say anything. They might have gone for counselling sef but she didn't utter a word on her reservations. On the wedding day is when she now realised she is not strong for it. This has nothing to do with age but the fear of so many thing she didn't want to come to terms with in reality. I remember on my wedding day, I couldn't believe it was me throughout cos I had always dread the idea of being married but guess what, I just took it as it comes and eventually it ended up being fun when I look back in retrospect. Up till now, I still can't believe am hooked but guess what, I am and am loving it. Trying to be better. My wife still thinks I might still run away cos she can't believe it too cos have always had my doubts. Now, I replace all my doubts with faith and when I think about it, it makes me want to live my wife.

When it comes to marriage, nobody is perfect. And there is nothing like the perfect guy or girl, it just you knowing you can stand with this person and make progress together. Love doesn't cut it be cause we think love is what propels a marriage. If I don't love him, I can't marry him but you see, that thing called love is suppose to be the result of your marriage cos that's what union produces. You may not fancy the person but eventually, that person becomes thing that ever happened in your life. That's always the story. True love story always end up in being with person you never thought it could be possible with and it's usually the best love story that last forever. Neway, if am the guy, I would take it as it is and move on. No quarrels and move on cos like the bible says, all things work together for good.

Am sure if she is willing, cos I want to believe the guy genuinely loves her for him not to see her reservations, the guy would have make a good husband for her and I might be wrong but then I don't so. The crazy thing in all these is that I hope she makes a better choice when she fully decides cos like my ex, she would wish she never left but I guess it's all for the best

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by DeRay98(m): 8:46pm On May 14, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
No one should ever be forced into an unloving marriage

So many young girls don't understand the terminology you use.
An unloving marriage is a marriage where there's no expression of love or worst still cruelty towards a spouse.
In this context, a marriage has not even taken place neither did she say he wasn't loving towards her.
She didn't accuse him of anything that led to her withdrawal as your statement here portrays.
She's the one and only person who became unsure, developed cold feet due fear of the unknown.
She alone was the protagonist and villain of her action packed self implosion.
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by Realkenny(m): 8:56pm On May 14, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:

Ode..

That is not love that is acceptance.
bastard what do you know

Bastard idiot
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by DeRay98(m): 8:58pm On May 14, 2017
alanka:
She said it. The family failed to understand that opposite of free will is sorrow, agony, hatred, bondage, cage, imprisonment...

Automatically, lack of freewill gives birth to violence, destruction, enmity... and there can never be love.

The guy was the cause of it all. If truly he loved the lady, he should be the one to talk to her parents that even himself will have problem if he marries her out of her freewill.

What she did pained her family, who knows if she did not do that, she should have done things that will pain the whole country like: suicide, murder, adultery...then it would not have been her family issue alone anymore
Perhaps, government issue, police issue, God issue inclusively.

The groom did not love her, if not he would help her to look for her happiness in someone else.

Is there anything she said that points fingers to the groom doing anything wrong to her?
Men-haters will always find excuse to blame an innocent man that had nothing to do with her and fears and withdrawal.
You wey no dey there don dey blame person wey even the runaway bride no blame.
Na wa for you oh
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by nwakiki: 8:59pm On May 14, 2017
If it is my daughter, she is leaving my house immediately
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by mercenary: 9:10pm On May 14, 2017
mmuonso:
Bum bum is a fool, yeah forced marriages should not be accepted, but why wait till the weeding day, eeh kwa ?
Like seriously... After wasting money and time...A hoe will always be a hoe
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 14, 2017
Realkenny:
bastard what do you know

Bastard idiot

I may not know much, but atleast I know that you are a retαrded impotent partially-blind fellow who has succeeded in Okada riding despite your epilepsy
and
the product of the unfortunate illegitimate union of an underage roadside whöre and a hypertensive drunk ex-convict who has remained an unsuccessful vulcanizing apprentice for over 28years.
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by alanka(f): 9:23pm On May 14, 2017
DeRay98:

Is there anything she said that points fingers to the groom doing anything wrong to her?
Men-haters will always find excuse to blame an innocent man that had nothing to do with her and fears and withdrawal.
You wey no dey there don dey blame person wey even the runaway bride no blame.
Na wa for you oh
perhaps my theory is beyond human standard. If truly a man is leading a relationship, esterblishing it, nurturing it...then a man should know and help his partner to find more of herself.

The lady did not just say it in the wedding day i do believe. She must have been saying it in her body language/gesture, through proxy or absence but the young man may think as time goes on things will get better

What I know for sure is, the man if he truly loved her, he should not be in that relationship that far yet he should be with her in spirit, psychology and phisical.

The man beyong any person has better chance to decide what happens in the relationship and if he fails to make right decision things like this happens.
It is a pity for him anyway.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by oodua1stson: 9:25pm On May 14, 2017
Oloriburuku eda. She just disgraced the guy and her family in front of the whole world.

It's better if you were flushed away or died at birth than this
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by babooshka: 9:38pm On May 14, 2017
Ppl here acting like they don't know how d typical African home can be when they're bent on u doing smthin against ur wish. I'm sure she tried several times 2 quit, but her mom and dad would give a million and one reasons not 2, and then she would reconsider and jump in again. She was brave 2 av called it off on d wedding day, but she should av stood her grounds and insisted earlier, and saved every1 d heartache. I feel 4 d groom, pls if sm1 doesn't like u, pls pick urself up and move on. A failed relationship is far better than a failed marriage.
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by babooshka: 9:40pm On May 14, 2017
omowumeee:
she should have gone through with it and get a divorce later.. not cancel on wedding day! The marriage might even turn out to be wonderful.. Many couples started happy.. where are they now?
this is disturbing. undecided
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by Abdul124(m): 9:44pm On May 14, 2017
We have to party to a group.It is either organise or unorganise.Dis family belong's to d unorganised group;which led to d up bringing of a confused kid to a 30 year old lady of dat time.
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by Xmen149(m): 10:21pm On May 14, 2017
princefunmmy:
Did I see this clearly.. "He'd never hit me, but I just don't like him like that"
Now we know your problem, you are a punching bag and you need a good boxer.. Where are those boxing men.. Over to you

On behalf of boxers training under anthony joshua,.we dnt beat ladies cool,.lai lai cool....we give her to those that like slay queen/mama ..to "bumbum bigger than bumbay" likers this is yours angry
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by Realkenny(m): 10:27pm On May 14, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:

I may not know much, but atleast I know that you are a retαrded impotent partially-blind fellow who has succeeded in Okada riding despite your epilepsy
and
the product of the unfortunate illegitimate union of an underage roadside whöre and a hypertensive drunk ex-convict who has remained an unsuccessful vulcanizing apprentice for over 28years.
foolish fool
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 14, 2017
Could have done it sooner but it's better than getting married then seeking to divorce soon after.
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by masqot(m): 10:29pm On May 14, 2017
Why wait till wedding day before making up your mind? You were 30 for goodness sake
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by higgs: 10:38pm On May 14, 2017
married. Those hailing her as a brave woman,my prayer for You is that U will also be left at the alter.
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by sshalom(m): 10:46pm On May 14, 2017
No one should be forced into an unhappy marriage but she should have called it quits long before the day of the wedding. Doing it on the day is rather cruel and almost unpardonable!
Re: Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left by Nenum(m): 10:49pm On May 14, 2017
Lesson for those aspiring to tie the knot soon or in d future

If at any point before you go in u have doubt, you should always rem the steering and the brakes are in your hands, and you can pull d damn brake and take a deep breath before you say yes or finally decide to say no to the question even at the altar.

You owe that to nobody but yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) / Man Narrates What A Lady He Met On Facebook Did To Him After Sex / My Husband Cut Short My Sexual Pleasure With His Cousin When He Caught Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.