Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! (12548 Views)

My Neighbour Has Been Crying Since Thursday, Then I Decided To Help Him(photo) / See What A Girl I Asked Out Junior Sister Decided To Put Me Inside (picture) / Have U Ever Cheated On your Bf/gf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by whitelexi(m): 10:19am On Jan 21, 2010
Just asking sha
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by TOPE20001(f): 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2010
Missy B:

Celibacy ko!!!

Who/What would he be saving the Rod for? His Hand? undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by otukpo(f): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2010
AND WHY THE DECISION?
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by r231(m): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2010
Ujujoan:

I don't know, am I old-fashioned to still think that sex is meant for just married couples undecided

says who.

back in the days if you are not pregnant NO MARRIAGE cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by legba1(m): 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2010
I belief sometin informed the partner declaring a break on sex.but watever the reason,she'd better be quick about it else i carry my tree go plant on another soil.
@uju,wat is the essence of the union if not to 'koboko' each other.when we are not of the same father.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by omohwunmmy: 3:09pm On Jan 21, 2010
If he/she is tired of living in sin then she should get out of the relationship not impose curfew. it wont work.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by nihun(m): 3:12pm On Jan 21, 2010
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by minute(f): 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2010
Sounds more like something a teenage girl will do or say. undecided undecided undecided

If you've already given it to him,its too late to stop giving him some.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by beknown(m): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2010
@poster,

There is always a reason for any decision. Also, there are different types of celibacy:

1. Fasting celibacy as in some churches (temporary - one day or more depends)

2. Priesthood Celibacy as in the Catholic Church (permanently devoted to religious devotion)

3. Celibacy until marriage (no sex until marriage)

Bf/Gf should consider the points above.

Note:
1. If your bf/gf decides to abstain from sex until marriage, then respect their wish.
2. If your bf/gf decides to abstain from sex to join the Catholic Priesthood, then look for another relationship and move on with your life.
3. If your bf/gf decides to abstain from sex because of fasting, well, be careful. There is a hidden agenda.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by ghettochyk(f): 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2010
@OP
either join in the celibacy (best option for u, whether u decide to stay with her or not) or walk.
TO everyone else questioning her decision:
She has the right to become celibate, besides, (if any of are Christians), then you'd know that having sex with someone u aint married to is sin. Y'all don't have to be together, if you can't respect that, then find someone else to commit sin with. She's probably realized she doesnt wanna be living in sin anymore.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by ghettochyk(f): 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2010
@be known
I dont get da point of # 1 if you aint married in da first place?
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by sjeezy8: 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2010
my babe can be celibate cause ill probably have another gf on the side whos not anyway lol
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by DatNiggaAk(m): 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2010
i once wanted to get rid of a girlfriend of mine and i went celibate on her a.s.s.
i didn't touch her for over 3 months and she finally got the messages.
i initially started with the line that i have some fasting to do(God forgive me abeg)
and it took off from there,
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by Spyker: 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2010
Permanently, i will look for another partner, temporary, i will wait.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by beknown(m): 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ghettochyk 

ghettochyk:

@be known
I dont get da point of # 1 if you aint married in da first place?

Some people use fasting as a cover for other more sinister plan. Check the following quote as the evidence:
DatNiggaAk:

i once wanted to get rid of a girlfriend of mine and i went celibate on her a.s.s.
i didn't touch her for over 3 months and she finally got the messages.
i initially started with the line that i have some fasting to do(God forgive me abeg)
and it took off from there,
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by PofP: 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
It would be quite a strange and abrupt decision to comprehend.
Some people here have mentioned that love and sex go hand in hand, if you look at the statistics of those who said so you would notice that the majority would be male, the honest truth is that most of us men/males see sex and love as one of the same and for some strange reason females are more able to separate the two.
When a man starts chatting up a woman its classed as the 'chase' and when she agrees then the deed has to be done to consummate/seal the relationship then we class that as dating(whatever the type of relationship might be as in boy friend/girlfriend or just sexual), that is just the natural way things should progress in a mans view, now to call a halt to an action that has been part of the way of consummating the said relationship would be calling a halt to the whole relationship, only if you are very strong, have options or believe in DIY. grin
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by ghettochyk(f): 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
lol, I guess datnigga goes around threads posting "examples"lol!
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by madlady(f): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2010
nihun:

My baby did this to me, I would have waited for ever but she walked.
m.lady i beg,come back.

shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by parislomo(f): 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2010
r231:

says who.

back in the days if you are not pregnant NO MARRIAGE cheesy cheesy cheesy

WELL, THERE ARE DIFFERENT HISTORY MATERIALS OUT THERE WITH DIFFERENT ERA-s, SO YOU MOST PROBABLY PICKED THE ERA OF PREGNANCY BEFORE MARRIAGE. . . AND I THINK IT SUITS YOUR COLOR. *in a sweet way*  cool

@ UJU: U are not being old school or rather there is nothing wrong in being old school if it is about holding on to very good and profound VALUES.
Celibacy it is for me any day. . . and it is not even an option to want to start and stop mid-way. What is that?? tongue

But for two people who started out being active and a partner requests to be celibate  embarassed undecided I really don't know how to put it together!!
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by platinumnk(f): 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2010
@lexi- LOL grin grin
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by maxtop(m): 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin, i laugh in swahili. Confusion wan brake bone be that.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by Onwan: 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2010
celibate? or gay?
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2010
so?
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by Flashfast1: 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2010
Its a very difficult thing to decide to go celibate and still be with someone you have had intimacy with. Believe me once you have done it before and then you stop for one reason or the other, your partner tends to be a source of temptation that you might, one day or the other, want to do away with so that you can "live right." so I don't think its a very good idea except if you guys are planning to get married in a couple of months.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by nihun(m): 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2010
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by solatayo(f): 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2010
You guys are not serious at all cheesy cheesy cheesy
beknown:

@ghettochyk 

Some people use fasting as a cover for other more sinister plan. Check the following quote as the evidence:

I can't stop laughing at dis
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by kpalasa69(m): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2010
Well I would say they can still be together, If the man can get the girl a Vibrator and the man's hands still function great, grin cheesy wink
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by chriswu(m): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2010
hmm, If my girlfriend decides to go celibate, she would have 2 give very good reason(s);virginty being the most reasonable bt if it continues afta our wedding, then i kno its the work of the devil. We were programmed to do.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:05pm On Jan 21, 2010
Sex!sex!sex & sex! Much ado about this 3-letter word sef. Una no dey tire? Personally, I think every man should go celibate once in a while for self rejuvenation.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by chriswu(m): 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Sex!sex!sex & sex! Much ado about this 3-letter word sef. Una no dey tire? Personally, I think every man should go celibate once in a while for self rejuvenation.
Oga thats the essence of living. we were made to procreate or replicate; depending on how u see it. any religion will tell u that. nd lovemaking sounds more appropriate grin
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2010
And must u have intimacy. or make love every single day to procreate? Nonsense!
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2010
? ? ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: "My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Posted This Sexy Picture On Face / Help! My Girlfriend's Younger Sister Wants Me / She Is Too Beautiful For My Comfort!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.