Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! (12546 Views)

My Neighbour Has Been Crying Since Thursday, Then I Decided To Help Him(photo) / See What A Girl I Asked Out Junior Sister Decided To Put Me Inside (picture) / Have U Ever Cheated On your Bf/gf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by H2O2: 11:44am On Jan 22, 2010
Wrex:

If she has good reasons,i will stick with her and have sexual partners outside but if she ain't got no good reason,then i will end the relationship.
and that would make you a cheater. but i guess you don't mind that stigma
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by amyliajane(f): 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2010
He/she decides 2 go celibate means he/she deciding to remain single n abstain frm sex just like the vows catholic priests take. Wat next then?
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by denony(m): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2010
It depends on the reason behind the sudden decision
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by naijaswag1: 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2010
Don't mind them,celibate? He/she don't want to have Se~x again with you.There's someone else that is stimulating his or her hormones!
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by Wrex(m): 1:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
H2O2:

and that would make you a cheater. but i guess you don't mind that stigma
Yes ooooo
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by yuppydon(m): 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2010
Don't mind them,celibate? He/she don't want to have Se~x again with you.There's someone else that is stimulating his or her hormones!

i concur, its likely there is someone out there licking the lollipop grin grin grin
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by sweetmadam(f): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2010
I wouldn't leave her if i love her, but i'd find someone else to satisfy my needs.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by duduspace(m): 5:33pm On Jan 22, 2010
One person's decision to go celibate is a very personal one and has nothing to do with the other person after all that other individual was not part of the decision so does not have to partake in it.
There is a decision to be made here, it depends on what the other partner considers more important, cheating partner, no partner at all, a willing partner or celibacy out thru the window. SIMPLES.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by Smi1(m): 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2010
Wait a minute, do you guys even think it's easy for a man that is used to hammering to just put a sudden fully stop due to madam wan turn Celibate !! LOLxx make girsl stop that rubbish abeg, I'm sure majority of girls on NL can't go celibate because they ain't capable to hold on it :xx
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by jilbaby: 9:20pm On Jan 23, 2010
why is everyone focusing on pre-marital sex.
What about married couples whose partners have decided to turn or make celibates. I say this cos I'm in such dilemma.
my hubby has refused to touch me since i gave birth which is 8mths ago. There are no quarrels of any kind, just going tro some financial difficulties.
Whenever i tried approaching him, he just lays still like a log of wood or looks for ways to put me off which is very discouraging.
At first i attributed it to stress, but no form of intimacy (kissing, hugging not to mention Bleep ) for 8mths have got me thinking.
Should i stay and endure the torture 4 God knows how long, or should i walk ( infidelity is not an option ). If i chose to walk what happens to my baby.
My patience has been far stretched. Now i need help.

Somebody pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 23, 2010
@jilbaby

most men dont want sex when they are under stress
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by lovemoi2(f): 4:27am On Jan 24, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin
you get an oil and a dild0
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by na2day2(m): 5:03am On Jan 24, 2010
@ uju

what if ur bf decides to stop spending on u or giving u any gifts, will u leave the relationship?
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by H2O2: 8:43am On Jan 24, 2010
lovemoi2:

grin grin grin grin grin
you get an oil and a dild0
dang is that what you do bro?
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by madlady(f): 9:21am On Jan 24, 2010
@Poster Absolutely nothing wrong with being celibate if your are not married. lipsrsealed
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by lovemoi2(f): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2010
H2O2:

dang is that what you do bro?
am not a bro grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by H2O2: 10:46am On Jan 24, 2010
oh pele o
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by TmeD0(m): 6:36am On Jan 25, 2010
celibate ko, celebrity ni!

let me get this str8, this person has been sexually active all this time and all of a sudden she comes to me and says she's taken a vow of celibacy. . .

well, she might as well go check herself in a nunnery then!  that way she can be rest assured her celibacy would be kept in tact.

Well while that is a possibility, it could also be that  h/she just wants to avoid any form of immorality . .   

immorality my yansh - abegi spare me jo! as if she didn't know about that in the first place before she became sexually active?

what? i'm supposed to still hang around and play the sensitive and understanding boyfriend? olohun maje!

last time i checked, bodi no be firewood o and even oga Adam follow chop the correct fruit of life (if u know wetin i mean) wey baba God command am make hin no chop sef.  grin

and abegi, no feed me that what about love bologna cause love ain't got squat to do with it! 

our people and hypocrisy sha. . .
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by estrella(f): 4:03pm On Jan 25, 2010
There must be a reason why he decided to stop having sex. Try and find that out.The fact of the matter is that many people say they want to stop ahivng sex because of spiritual reasons so if that is his reason here,I'd suggest that you respect it and stay put. sex does not a relationship make. Ask the countless gir;s out there who out out only to have thier asses dumped or the men who did everything sexually nad still had thier asses kicked to the curb. This would be a perfect time to find out if your relationship is sex based or not.Some people have a relationship becasue the sex is good and once thats gone they have nothing, trust me,this is the perfect time to create an intimate bond based on something other than sex! why would you leave him? if you do,then you were there for the sex!
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by galatico(m): 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2010
No problem provided, am permitted to smooch, touching, romancing.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by madlady(f): 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2010
galatico:

No problem provided, am permitted to smooch, touching, romancing.

SEE THIS IS WHAT A GREAT GUY LOOKS LIKE lipsrsealed
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by na2day2(m): 7:08pm On Jan 25, 2010
madlady:

looks like what?
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by Rooneyboy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 25, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Suits me perfectly!  cool
Babe say the truth o , r u SURE ?
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by ayettymama(f): 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2010
jilbaby:

why is everyone focusing on pre-marital sex.
What about married couples whose partners have decided to turn or make celibates. I say this cos I'm in such dilemma.
my hubby has refused to touch me since i gave birth which is 8mths ago. There are no quarrels of any kind, just going tro some financial difficulties.
Whenever i tried approaching him, he just lays still like a log of wood or looks for ways to put me off which is very discouraging.
At first i attributed it to stress, but no form of intimacy (kissing, hugging not to mention Bleep ) for 8mths have got me thinking.
Should i stay and endure the torture 4 God knows how long, or should i walk ( infidelity is not an option ). If i chose to walk what happens to my baby.
My patience has been far stretched. Now i need help.

Somebody pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your man might be having an affair

you know some women change down there after childbirth

u shuld check if thats not the problem

then u guys need to talk

sit him down make him understand its a 2 way street

its his duty to service u!!! quote sum bible passages

if he dont change

ask him what he wants you to do

leaving shouldnt be an option neither

im sure u can solve ur problem

@ everyone else

whats wrong with celibacy??

i think its a step that can show potential commitment

sex isnt everything unno!
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by galatico(m): 9:26am On Jan 26, 2010
madlady:

It's good you respect a Girl or a Guys wishes, don't use force, you'll only have yourself to blame .
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by galatico(m): 9:33am On Jan 26, 2010
[quote][/quote]

It's good you respect a Girl or a Guys wishes, don't use force, you'll only have yourself to blame  and thnx for the compliment.
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by spicy007(f): 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2010
well, there must be a reason behind it:
if its reasonable enough (spiritual/religious/marital reasons) and it has a time frame i will go along with it, so long as the calls, attention and visitations dont reduce
if the reason doesnt make sense and the calls, attention and visits reduce, i'll take it as a " hit the freeway" sign and its time to move on
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by artistique: 9:44am On Jan 29, 2010
owkay an interesting won!
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by ayobase(m): 4:51pm On Feb 01, 2010
been LOL!
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by SAGoddess: 10:02am On Mar 05, 2010
Interesting topic, I had a boyfriend who would go on lent every year, I knew there was a time frame to this so I would stay put while he did his thing, I supported him fully in his faith so I was not trying to be Delaila, I would not even UnCloth in front of him during this period!

BUT if the lack of intimacy is indefinite and dude is not proposing marriage and the two of you are not on the same page regarding this issue, then kindly pack your bags and bounce, s/he is just not that into you ANYMORE cheesy
Re: Your Bf/gf Decided To Go Celibate! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2011
there must be a reason behind it

religious
tired of having s3x, usually needs a break
wants to focus on more important things
testing you
etc.

whatever it is, you should get closer to your partner and find out the reason. The decision is up to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Drank Homemade Tiger Nuts Milk And Lipton Tea Before Sleeping;See What Happens / 4 Things That Can Possibly Go Wrong During Public Proposals / Photo: "My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Posted This Sexy Picture On Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.