Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) (86999 Views)

Armed Robbers Invade A Home In Abuja, Captured On CCTV (video) / Notorious Armed Robber With Charm Killed By SARS After Gun Battle. Graphic Pics / Man Caught Stealing Slippers In A Boutique With The Help Of CCTV (Video, Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by otijah(m): 11:04am On Jun 08, 2017
Caustics:
u were there? for real?
How do I watch the video in lailaiblog plz
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Caustics: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2017
Adaowerri111:

Yes I was there, my shop is also nearby
wow thank God they didnt need to hide inside a shop. who knows what could have happened.
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Godfidence: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2017
ehie:
the MOPOL got him point blank on the chest, he deserves a medal , the security guard ran away lol!
Na dat one funny pass! Baba chuu for him life cheesy cheesy cheesy grin YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!!!

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by fergieboy: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2017
Fools.. This is why I love american robbers.. See how they just abandoned the guy they shot.. I believe it was the guy phone that leads to their arrest

5 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by otijah(m): 11:05am On Jun 08, 2017
Adaowerri111:

Yeah he died a brave man
Jesu cry
Honestly feel like crying

2 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Coldfeets: 11:05am On Jun 08, 2017
ehie:
the mod should have posted the unedited one from laila's blog,it states that the policeman survived, the robbers had trailed a customer who was shot dead, that one had a whole commentary on it.
I will repost

A four-man armed robbery gang on February 22, 2017, stormed and attacked a Zenith Bank Owerri branch - Wetheral road Owerri, Imo state capital.

An attack that left three police men and five bank customers injured and one of the armed robbers dead.

LailasBlog.com just received a CCTV footage from the attack and it will give you chills. Press play to watch below.

Nigeria police have since arrested the robbers.

The CCTV you are about to watch had captured the suspected robbers' ring leader Justice Ogbonna, aka, JJ, and his gang arrive the bank during the attack on the said day in February.

They had trailed a bank customer to the Zenith bank branch on Wetheral Road, Owerri, the state capital.

In the video, you will see them shoot indiscriminately as they stormed the bank, attacked the customer and carted away the money which the victim wanted to deposit in the bank.

They reportedly shot the customer dead.

You will also see a brave plain-clothes MOPOL officer attached to the bank shoot dead one of the armed robbers whom the rest abandoned as they made their getaway.

The plain-clothes MOPOL officer reportedly survived.

After six weeks of investigation, ring leader – Justice Ogbenna, aka JJ, and getaway driver Okechukwu Onwuamaegbu– were arrested in Aba, Abia State by operatives of the Imo State Police Command during activities to mark JJ's father's burial."

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/06/video-zenith-bank-owerri-robbery-attack.html

In that case, this video don tay na

why would the OP bring up this stale news now?

Mtcheeewwww
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Caustics: 11:05am On Jun 08, 2017
otijah:
How do I watch the video in lailaiblog plz
the link is on the first page. scroll down u will see it in one of the posts
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by akpamuomenka: 11:05am On Jun 08, 2017
greatdave:
Omo...real life action film! Just dunno why the cop ran out of that room. Looks like a vantage position he could have taken the bastards out from sad angry.o God help Nigeria!

Maybe he lacks enough fire power.

2 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by robotix: 11:05am On Jun 08, 2017
Iluv:
Damn!!!

This is just like a movie. I hope the policeman survived.

He deserves a medal for reacting. Some others will just quietly remain in that outpost until the robbers leave.

NA so one mumu enter ATM withrew over 500k right in an open place. The police man tried by i have a feeling he was shot.

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by GeneralOjukwu: 11:05am On Jun 08, 2017
IPOB kwenu

NOLLYWOOD would soon do a film on this

4 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Adaowerri111: 11:06am On Jun 08, 2017
Caustics:
wow thank God they didnt need to hide inside a shop. who knows what could have happened.

Hmmm God forbid
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by fergieboy: 11:06am On Jun 08, 2017
NubiLove:
the policeman had a good cover in the post.
I tell you.. I wonder why he ran off.. He was in the best position to take down the 4robbers.. The robbers were expose.. No, he just ran off.. Most of the police officers needs training

5 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by hillsiderfak(m): 11:07am On Jun 08, 2017
This people just kill people any how, am glad they got one robber down. I really pity the innocent customer

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by hush15: 11:07am On Jun 08, 2017
NwaObinkita:
grin grin angry

See as valuable blood just wasted...

Better blood wey person for take go shrine make money

Na you make sense pass

2 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry

The security man is wicked and a coward...

See how he stylishly sneaked away.

He was in the best position to engage the occupants of that car in a physical combat.

And he would have been celebrated if he died in the process....

But what do I know, Zenith Bank securitymen are only good in soliciting for tips.
Lol, bros that's not part of his job. His job is mainly non armed access control.

8 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by robotix: 11:07am On Jun 08, 2017
calberian:
I'm being made to understand that he survived with injuries.

Maybe its my movie brain talking but I just feel he could have taken them all out from his position because the robbers were all exposed and, relative to his, at vulnerable positions.

Nonetheless, he deserves every support and commendation.

Banking app should help in avoiding being caught in this kind of crossfire. If you don't really have to go to the bank, advise yourself accordingly.
what if he runs out if bullets against 3 men? see u.

6 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by ruggedtimi(m): 11:07am On Jun 08, 2017
check out...omo the police get mind

2 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by aycorporat(m): 11:08am On Jun 08, 2017
And to think this armed robbers are well dressed looking corporate beats my imagination, which was why the security man allowed them in.
Check out the clothes and their skin like real business merchants. Looks can be deceptive. I just hope the police can work on this using facial recognition to fish them out. Their dead colleague on the ground can be good source of investigation as well.

8 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by toastedbread: 11:08am On Jun 08, 2017
fergieboy:
Fools.. This is why I love american robbers.. See how they just abandoned the guy they shot.. I believe it was the guy phone that leads to their arrest

have you witnessed a robbery in the states?

2 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by tscara(m): 11:08am On Jun 08, 2017
God bless that policeman. Foolish armed robber thought he was playing call of duty.

12 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by idu1(m): 11:08am On Jun 08, 2017
The police guy try.

But if i were him I ll stay in inside the post and kill all of them.

5 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by paparazzi1987(m): 11:10am On Jun 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Pray to God to chase away the any coward-spirit in you.
So an unarmed man can not confront an armed man? Go ask unarmed Soldiers how they overpower armed men.

Why is he a security personnel then?

Are you for real undecided

2 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by sneakzy(m): 11:10am On Jun 08, 2017
Guys watch well oo this tin look like nollywood movie.immediately the car parked seems the policemen in the gaurd house shot at the glass door of the car it even got broken not didn't penetrate at the robbers

6 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by wadetaw202: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Pray to God to chase away the any coward-spirit in you.
So an unarmed man can not confront an armed man? Go ask unarmed Soldiers how they overpower armed men.

Why is he a security personnel then?

Pele o, Mr brave. You want a GATEMAN to act like a soldier? Kindy snap out of your unreasonable stance.

When next you see a man shooting at you, Dont run o. Goan be forming Rambo. You must be a kid sha. Mature adults don't reason like this

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2017
Bobs, the security guard tear race cross road without looking whether motor dey come. I can imagine him on his thanksgiving day dancing seriously with one heavy Oshogbo yam on his head. lol.

But seriously, if the police man had benefit of hindsight, he would have killed all of them because he took them by surprise after felling their colleague. But he too, like the security guard, decided to do track and field.

Thank God for saving the security guard, kudos to the brave officer and rest in pieces to the killed robber.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by holuphisayor(m): 11:11am On Jun 08, 2017
fergieboy:
have they been arrested?
Am glad, if that is the case.
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2017
What a reality movie. Kudos to ths gallant mopol. I don't just hope he survived but hope the bank compesated him very well. It takes maximum guts to face 4 ready and bloody armed men.

CCTVs should be installed everywhere and some small hidden cameras should be added alongside too. I think this is an inside job.

Someone must have spoken to the robbers about everything and also the movements of the customer.

5 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by 0000000: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2017
They have since been nabbed and killed by the Police. The driver and the shooter in the rear seat are pictured

22 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by samuel19222(m): 11:13am On Jun 08, 2017
See how that security man run away grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Langbasa: 11:15am On Jun 08, 2017
Adaowerri111:
This is the zenith bank robbery in wetheral road owerri, Corporate thieves, the driver is the guy with bandage on his leg, the security man is unlucky,he could have rolled on the floor shooting while getting out from that room, may his soul Rest In Peace
Wetin this one dey talk

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by maduxs: 11:15am On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Viking007(m): 11:15am On Jun 08, 2017
fergieboy:
Learners.. Who goes on a robbery with an Hyundai car?
fergieboy:
You love robbers? Are You ok? Like seriously? You're the same fergie in the betting thread? Interesting.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"I Am Rich With Over $5m, But It’s A Hell On Earth For Me" - Ghanaian Yahoo Boy / Inmate Who Fled In Edo Killed Neighbour Who Testified Against Him In Court / Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.