Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) (86938 Views)

Armed Robbers Invade A Home In Abuja, Captured On CCTV (video) / Notorious Armed Robber With Charm Killed By SARS After Gun Battle. Graphic Pics / Man Caught Stealing Slippers In A Boutique With The Help Of CCTV (Video, Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Promise1991: 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
Adaowerri111:
This is the zenith bank robbery in wetheral road owerri, Corporate thieves, the driver is the guy with bandage on his leg, the security man is unlucky,he could have rolled on the floor shooting while getting out from that room, may his soul Rest In Peace

Guy you try o
I have seen this pics before. .....
Ah nawaoh. .....U fit sell person...o
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
This MOPOL in mufti deserves a National Honour .

Also noticed:

1. That armless guy in white shirt that left the security post just minutues before the robbers arrived. He should just go for a thanksgiving.

2. I think the guy at the rear seat has ode shi, cos the police guy fired and shattered the car window but he was still normal.

3. I believe the criminals were furious after they discovered their man was down so engaged the MOPOL who ran for his life.

4. It is either the criminal at the rear seat was finishing some other security men or the agile policeman that killed one of them because I noticed while they entered the car, no gun shots came from that direction.

5. It was needless killing the guy with the cash after collecting it.

6. The policeman was alert but wasted his first 2 shots which made the driver of the robbers to move his car.

7. I award the Fool of the Century to the robber that died. Is it that he didn't see/hear gunshots coming from the security post? What was he going there to do? He first pretended as if he was walking to the back and came back to die.

18 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by repogirl(f): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2017
Only one police man? No back up? Haba! That na suicide mission na!

Very brave police man sha, him try.

5 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by RaptorX: 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Adaowerri111: 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
Promise1991:

Guy you try o
I have seen this pics before. .....
Ah nawaoh. .....U fit sell person...o

You think the robbery is recent?? It's been long na bross
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by yoged(m): 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
Adaowerri111:
This is the zenith bank robbery in wetheral road owerri, Corporate thieves, the driver is the guy with bandage on his leg, the security man is unlucky,he could have rolled on the floor shooting while getting out from that room, may his soul Rest In Peace
are you kidding me? U sabi how to shoot and u no fit apply for police job abi. What if he ran out of bullets .

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by misterh(m): 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
DrWise:
This MOPOL in mufti deserves a National Honour .

Also noticed:

1. That armless guy in white shirt that left the security post just minutues before the robbers arrived. He should just go for a thanksgiving.

2. I think the guy at the rear seat has ode shi, cos the police guy fired and shattered the car window but he was still normal.

3. I believe the criminals were furious after they discovered their man was down so engaged the MOPOL who ran for his life.

4. It is either the criminal at the rear seat was finishing some other security men or the agile policeman that killed one of them because I noticed while they entered the car, no gun shots came from that direction.

5. It was needless killing the guy with the cash after collecting it.

6. The policeman was alert but wasted his first 2 shots which made the driver of the robbers to move his car.
The bullets might have shattered the car window but miss the robber at the rear seat. It's quite possible.
The victim might have been killed for other reasons- he might know one of the robbers. We don't have the full story.
Assault rifles are not accurate for close quarter combats like this. A pistol is more suitable for this situation.

5 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by akinszz: 12:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
that thief in black/blue dress wan enter lion's den like an hero... poom! poom!! o sun gbalaja.. him jazz fail am...

3 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by gameboyo: 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
Adaowerri111:

The guard was killed

Which of d guard? The one Dat opened d gate or d police man Dat hit one with bullet
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Adaowerri111: 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
aycorporat:

So this Adaowerri111 has been posting lies all along then forming that it actually happened near her shop when in actual fact it was around February?
I am happy they've been caught.

Oga, I never said it was recent
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
ehie:
the MOPOL got him point blank on the chest, he deserves a medal , the security guard ran away lol!
If na you, you no go run? When them no give you gun
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by greatdave(m): 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
curiositymaster:

He probably didn't have enough bullet. have you thought about that too?

True that...that's a strong possibility. Kudos to him all the same.

4 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by calberian: 12:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
Cuntslayer:

The policeman had to leave that location since his cover had been blown and you had four other guys with assault weapons that could easily outflank him.
Anyway this tells us that policemen have to engage in battle simulation training on a regular basis.

He'd taken one out. Another was outside the premises and out of sight. He pretty much had no plans of returning since he'd successfully waylaid the victim. The other two were about to alight from the vehicle, of which the driver seemed unarmed.

In such instances it's very difficult to get things right because of the unplanned nature of things and the near and present risk of personal harm or even mortality. I'd have just felt better if maybe just one more of them was taken out.

I couldn't agree more with your suggestion on training. The cop did very well though, even without our assumed regular training.

4 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by BiggyBamBam: 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
This is the full video, see how the robber finally gave up the ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thvCc8c6j_8

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Cuntslayer: 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
Sijo01:

Did the car hindered their operation?
The point the OP was trying to make is that a Hyundai car can't be used for quick getaways
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by solelymade: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
I couldn't resist not to comment, bcus it is necessary to advise guys here not to get killed thinking they can handle an Ak-47 not a sniper's rifle or grenade even a sniper has to take aim and shoot not point and shoot, hiding in a gatehouse built with perforated 7 or 9 inches block now faced with a sudden death situation and think you will take out at less than 15 meters distance 4guyz armed with Ak-47 and probably charms with strong intent to kill.

But visit a robbery scene and educate your minds, else you are dead meat if faced with similar conditions.

6 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by RaptorX: 12:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
fergieboy:
Fools.. This is why I love american robbers.. See how they just abandoned the guy they shot.. I believe it was the guy phone that leads to their arrest
You must have been watching too many American movies, nowhere in the world will armed robbers be carrying the dead body of their colleague when they are trying to escape. Notice they didn't even look at him because they know already it's a life and death operation.

5 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by sshalom(m): 12:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
Jesus is LORD!

The video is just like a Hollywood action film. I pray the policeman survives. A good investigation of the identity of the dead robber should lead to a quick capture or arrest of the others.

2 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Kylekent59: 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
Adaowerri111:

Yes I was there, my shop is also nearby
Did the mopol man die?
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Cogent: 12:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
BiggyBamBam:
This is the full video, see how the robber finally gave up the ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thvCc8c6j_8

Watching that animal die on the ground gave me so much satisfaction. See how he jerked thrice in the end and struggled to breath before his neck rolled to the side. Watched it over and over.

They should have fed his carcass to wild animals. Idiot. If he had not been gunned down by the brave Mopol he would have shot and killed the Mopol cos of useless money he wanted to steal.

3 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Adaowerri111: 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
Kylekent59:

D0 the mopol man die?

Yes he died, multiple gunshot from the robber behind the car
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by mechanics(m): 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Owerri again, good for the driver, he thought he won't be caught.
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Jerie(m): 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
Viking007:
That dude is drunk. Seun should please introduce an e-slap button.

Don't mind the lunatic. Don't be surprised that many of those blaming the heroic policeman are robbers and beneficiaries of robberies.

3 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by onlyTheTruth(m): 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
the policeman cnt survive dat,,, u see d guy runnin to him, shooting down, meanin d policeman ws already down............ kudos to him sha,,,, but he cud av waited fa dem to all enter d car, den he empty his mag on dem.....

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
Adaowerri111:

Yes he died, multiple gunshot from the robber behind the car
The security agent that shot the thief, did he die?

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
Lol cheesy quite funny the way u said that with simplicity.... u said all that effortlessly shocked

Baba, u fit kill person o, I fear u o shocked
NwaAmaikpe:
angry

The security man is wicked and a coward...

See how he stylishly sneaked away. He deserves a very worded query for opening the gate to armed men, abandoning his duty post at a crucial point and not alerting his superiors.

He was in the best position to engage the occupants of that car in a physical combat.

And he would have been celebrated if he died in the process....

But what do I know, Zenith Bank securitymen are only good in soliciting for tips.

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by flyingdutchman(m): 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry

The security man is wicked and a coward...

See how he stylishly sneaked away. He deserves a very worded query for opening the gate to armed men, abandoning his duty post at a crucial point and not alerting his superiors.

He was in the best position to engage the occupants of that car in a physical combat.

And he would have been celebrated if he died in the process....

But what do I know, Zenith Bank securitymen are only good in soliciting for tips.
Truly, thou art a big fool! Do security men have weapons? Idiotic thinking!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by ayojay24: 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
The MOBOL is the man of all people because he has really try for firing back during the battle he should be promoted, according to the report it was said,that the MOPOL survive the battle kudos.
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
Moreoffaith:
i keep watching the video over and over..

kudos to that police guy

Hope say dem no drop am oo.

Guy read comments above you; He survived
Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Kylekent59: 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
Badgers14:

We are still saying the same thing. To the police community, he could have done more because of the trainings he received, but from a civilian perspective he tried atleast.. grin

Frankly, I doubt if the police guy survived, from the direction the guy in the back seat was aiming his gun towards the end, looks like the thief man was making sure he finished off the officer.

But when I saw the police guy running out of the room, I weeped cry, I said to myself, that was a grave mistake.

Weep as how? Do you know weather he has run out of bullet,and that one gunned down was shooting speriodically on the wall. Do you knw if the bullet caught the mopol man inside. Then later the mopol man ceased fire and the guy taught he was dead and was approaching the post and then d mopol man aimed him. ( that is the training) but he has run out of bullets, so he decided to use d remaining for self protection. I think he survived but with injuries because the other nigga was aiming at him but seems not to be hitting d target and u will see also he was dodging, thus showing the mopol man might survive.

5 Likes

Re: Gun Battle At A Nigerian Bank Caught On CCTV (Video) by Rhodababy123: 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
Thanks for the update.... Megan this stuff is real. May God continue to protect us
ehie:
the mod should have posted the unedited one from laila's blog,it states that the policeman survived, the robbers had trailed a customer who was shot dead, that one had a whole commentary on it.
I will repost

A four-man armed robbery gang on February 22, 2017, stormed and attacked a Zenith Bank Owerri branch - Wetheral road Owerri, Imo state capital.

An attack that left three police men and five bank customers injured and one of the armed robbers dead.

LailasBlog.com just received a CCTV footage from the attack and it will give you chills. Press play to watch below.

Nigeria police have since arrested the robbers.

The CCTV you are about to watch had captured the suspected robbers' ring leader Justice Ogbonna, aka, JJ, and his gang arrive the bank during the attack on the said day in February.

They had trailed a bank customer to the Zenith bank branch on Wetheral Road, Owerri, the state capital.

In the video, you will see them shoot indiscriminately as they stormed the bank, attacked the customer and carted away the money which the victim wanted to deposit in the bank.

They reportedly shot the customer dead.

You will also see a brave plain-clothes MOPOL officer attached to the bank shoot dead one of the armed robbers whom the rest abandoned as they made their getaway.

The plain-clothes MOPOL officer reportedly survived.

After six weeks of investigation, ring leader – Justice Ogbenna, aka JJ, and getaway driver Okechukwu Onwuamaegbu– were arrested in Aba, Abia State by operatives of the Imo State Police Command during activities to mark JJ's father's burial."

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/06/video-zenith-bank-owerri-robbery-attack.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"I Am Rich With Over $5m, But It’s A Hell On Earth For Me" - Ghanaian Yahoo Boy / Inmate Who Fled In Edo Killed Neighbour Who Testified Against Him In Court / Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.