Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Christians , Please What's Your Take On This - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians , Please What's Your Take On This (12412 Views)

Nairaland Christians Please Explain These Images. Don't Run Away. / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

did my post hit a nerve? grin

I had a laughter emoticon on , so no wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Using the Bible, how do we stop the Qatari government from funding terrorism?
If people in the Qatari government knew Jesus, they will know it is wrong to fund terrorism. grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
felixomor:

Exactly,
Just as u were trying to use a poem of david to deduct age of atheism.

U missed it first, cool

By the way, how far your Barcelona prophecy?
The only simple prophecy u ever attempted grin
I have no intention of having a prolonged argument with you or anybody.

Please answer yes or no.

Is Psalm 14:1 a prophecy?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
5th century? Who wrote the book of Psalms?

There are so many authors of the book of Psalms . If you are insinuating David who lived in the 9th century BC, historians say he wrote Psalms 3, 7, 18, 34, 51, 52, 54, 56, 57, 59, 60, 63 and 142

And 'the fool says in his heart "There is no God" 'appears in Psalms 14 and 53 .

Try again to make sense please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by felixomor: 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I have no intention of having a prolonged argument with you or anybody.

Please answer yes or no.

Is Psalm 14:1 a prophecy?

Yes.
Its also a poem.

Besides David said "fool says in his heart" not "mouth"
If it was "mouth" maybe u will have a little point.

Unfortunately, not.
That is an anecdotal writing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by felixomor: 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There are so many authors of the book of Psalms . If you are insinuating David who lived in the 9th century BC, historians say he wrote Psalms 3, 7, 18, 34, 51, 52, 54, 56, 57, 59, 60, 63 and 142

And 'the fool says in his heart "There is no God" 'appeared in Psalms 14 and 53 .

Try again to make sense please
The guy fall hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2017
ilynem:

If people in the Qatari government knew Jesus, they will know it is wrong to fund terrorism. grin grin grin
Stop feigning daftness. If you were a world leader or the UN secretary-general, how would you tackle the problem of Qatari-backed terrorism?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Well said there . I learnt a lot from this . Thank you so much . And thanks , Ishilove I get it now

And no , its not me oo . grin

Oh, was just kidding. grin
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2017
ilynem:

cool

1 Like

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2017
felixomor:

The guy fall hand.

As in eh ... smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
felixomor:

Yes.
Its also a poem.

Unfortunately, not.
Heart and mouth? Seriously?

I give up.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by felixomor: 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

I give up.
Na so u dey always give up.
After they show u gaffe undecided
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 12:55pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

I give up.

lol, I don't even bother myself with their nonsense about age of atheism, they'll just start saying a lot without saying anything
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I had a laughter emoticon on , so no wink
that's not saying much
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2017
ilynem let's keep our discussion rolling, you're making sense
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2017
ilynem:

Like you said, these are allegations. But I know people who have given birth and gotten their figures back. I have two friends who had children out of wedlock and you wouldn't even know unless you ask. One of then specifically told me that the reason she worked to get her figure back is so she can remain appealing to men because she doesn't want to stay unmarried. She doesn't earn millions from having a nice body, she just wants to stay appealing and she's working for it. So why won't someone who earns millions work for theirs too? If you care about your career in showbiz, you will be disciplined enough to work for your figure. But if you can't do that, then maybe you really do not want children. But if you can't go through that stress, then Bennyann has given a super and more reasonable alternative and that is adoption. Now let me paint a picture for you.
A girl with a nice figure and a big career in modeling earning millions of dollars.
She wants children but doesn't want to lose her figure because it will affect her career.
She has three options.
1. Get pregnant and work hard to get your figure back.
2. If you are too lazy and undisciplined to do that, you can adopt. Adoption even shows what a selfless person you are.
3. Surrogate. What does this tell you? A mother who wouldn't risk her career for a child, a mother who isn't disciplined and hard working enough to get back her figure to save her career after the birth of the child and someone who isn't selfless enough to even consider adoption.
If you pick the third option, it simply means you will be a terrible mother and don't deserve that child.

You know I'm pondering over how a child would feel of he finds out his mother who donated her eggs to have him couldn't carry him in her womb for reasons like celebrity lifestyle and other selfish excuses. What will the child feel towards the one who carried him in her womb and towards the one who didn't.

I'm so sure the disadvantages of such mother-child relationship far outweigh the advantages.

I don't know about others but I will like to care for my unborn child in my womb. Let it hear how my heart beats and I also want to hear his. Let him take nutrients processed from my body. I want to feel it move within me and share all other processes that take place aside just the fertilization of the egg and sperm. I do not want to trade that first bond between mother and child from the scratch for anything.

Then who is a mother? The one who donated her eggs?

God have mercy.

How can you be medically fit and you still ask someone to birth your baby for you? If I should linger more on this topic, I might really get angry.

Hmmm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
felixomor:

Yes.
Its also a poem.

Unfortunately, not.

This is what happens when some are bereft of even a smattering of philosophy . Having a belief means you have a proportional attitude . When you have belief , your mental state , your actions show that you do . I can have thoughts about just anything , does it mean I believe every thoughts I have ?

Atheism means godless . The people who gave atheists this label must have noticed that they believed there were no gods or Greek gods as the case was because of their actions, how they carried themselves - they spoke against the existence of gods , their disdain for the worship of gods , the vituperation of people who worshiped gods .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2017
bennyann:

Oh, was just kidding. grin

I thought you did honestly . grin

1 Like

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2017
felixomor:

Na so u dey always give up.
After they show u gaffe undecided
Hmm
What gaffe? Why should I continue to waste time with you when you insist that Psalm 14 is a prophecy?

The second part of that verse reads, "they are corrupt, they have done abominable works and there is none that does good".

This sounds like past tense to me but through the inspiration of something I don't know, you have turned it to a prophecy.

Tell me why I should bother with you.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by analice107: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ishilove:

Yes indeed. You cannot eat your cake and have it
The man who wants to have kids without a mother in the picture, does he promise himself to be celibate for life, or once in a while he'll sneak in a woman and chaff out?
These men eh? They just feel they are doing women a favour by marrying them.

Ishilove and Bennyann for instance, any man who marries these ladies goes home with assets.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2017
bennyann:

You know I'm pondering over how a child would feel of he finds out his mother who donated her eggs to have him couldn't carry him in her womb for reasons like celebrity lifestyle and other selfish excuses. What will the child feel towards the one who carried him in her womb and towards the one who didn't.

I'm so sure the disadvantages of such mother-child relationship far outweigh the advantages.

I don't know about others but I will like to care for my unborn child in my womb. Let it hear how my heart beats and I also want to hear his. Let him take nutrients processed from my body. I want to feel it move within me and share all other processes that take place aside just the fertilization of the egg and sperm. I do not want to trade that first bond between mother and child from the scratch for anything.

God have mercy.

How can you be medically fit and you still ask someone to birth your baby for you? If I should linger more with this topic, I might really get angry. Hmmm.
You anger is because of the religious upbringing that you had. It is unjustified. Those kids would have better lives that most Nigerian children. You should go to the North and ask those Almajiri kids that their mothers carried in their wombs if they want to trade places.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2017
bennyann:

God have mercy.

How can you be medically fit and you still ask someone to birth your baby for you? If I should linger more on this topic, I might really get angry.

Hmmm.

the mother is the one who donated eggs, at least medically speaking

there's no need getting angry, advances in science and technology usually face arguments such as yours, however such haven't stopped those advances

I think to you it feels so strange and cringeworthy that no reason for it feels valid enough due to emotions brought about by religious upbringing

but one thing I'm sure of is that history doesn't favour arguments such as yours as its more from emotion, history shows arguments like yours slow down such "progress" (tongue in cheek) but can't stop it

like I keep repeating, it all boils down to choice
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You anger is because of the religious upbringing that you had. It is unjustified. Those kids would have better lives that most Nigerian children. You should go to the North and ask those Almajiri kids that their mothers carried in their wombs if they want to trade places.

Hmmm. I get your point.

But by what authority do you have to say it is unjustified
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by felixomor: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
What gaffe? Why should I continue to waste time with you when you insist that Psalm 14 is a prophecy?

The second part of that verse reads, "they are corrupt, they have done abominable works and there is none that does good".

This sounds like past tense to me but through the inspiration of something I don't know, you have turned it to a prophecy.

Tell me why I should bother with you.

That same second part was exactly also even used by other prophets.
Its anedoctal.

Someone like u deosnt know that there are thousands of prophecies that make use of past tense.
Go study
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 1:50pm On Jun 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

the mother is the one who donated eggs, at least medically speaking

there's no need getting angry, advances in science and technology usually face arguments such as yours, however such haven't stopped those advances

I think to you it feels so strange and cringeworthy that no reason for it feels valid enough due to emotions brought about by religious upbringing

but one thing I'm sure of is that history doesn't favour arguments such as yours as its more from emotion, history shows arguments like yours slow down such "progress" (tongue in cheek) but can't stop it

like I keep repeating, it all boils down to choice

I am not against surrogates but the motives. It's nice to see science progressing but it doesn't change the facts we're on the verge of losing our human instincts.

And why you're always using emotions to oppose me, don't you forget we're emotional beings. The world may not accept my opinion but I know it wasn't against humans in any form except a selfish being of course.

And I want you to know I understand all your points. And yes, it boils down to individual choices.

Thanks anyway. I've learnt a lot already
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol, I don't even bother myself with their nonsense about age of atheism, they'll just start saying a lot without saying anything
This is what I have resolved to do too. Imagine Ebuka going to the extent of saying that David did not write Psalms 14 and 53.

I had to look for a Bible to be sure and there it was; both chapters recorded as Psalms of David.

There is no extent they won't go to. Ebuka claims it wasn't written by David, Felix says it's a prophecy and they still don't see anything wrong.

Tragic.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
bennyann:

God have mercy.

Hmmm.
You don't have to get angry. Its just very typical. God inspires a new invention to help humanity, the devil high jacks it for his kingdom. Virtually all inventions and discoveries now serve the wrong purpose. From discoveries as early as music to the whole surrogate thing we have been talking about today. So you shouldn't be surprised or angry. The devil has come to kill, steal and destroy. The Bible said it and so It will happen. Until the world ends, the devil will continue to kill, steal and destroy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
analice107:

The man who wants to have kids without a mother in the picture, does he promise himself to be celibate for life, or once in a while he'll sneak in a woman and chaff out?
These men eh? They just feel they are doing women a favour by marrying them.

Ishilove and Bennyann for instance, any man who marries these ladies goes home with assets.

You too my dear sis.

You know I just told my mum about the man who doesn't trust any woman enough to marry and how he doesn't want to fornication but needs a surrogate.

My mum told me to ask if his 'thing' is functioning properly because he might be using his excuses as a way of covering things up especially because he said he is a Christian.

She also said if after all Eve did and Adam still tolerated her, then who is he to say he find no woman worthy to make his wife. She also doesn't believe the man is a Christian.

This seem to compliment all you said so far.

1 Like

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2017
ilynem:

You don't have to get angry. Its just very typical. God inspires a new invention to help humanity, the devil high jacks it for his kingdom. Virtually all inventions and discoveries now serve the wrong purpose. From discoveries as early as music to the whole surrogate thing we have been talking about today. So you shouldn't be surprised or angry. The devil has come to kill, steal and destroy. The Bible said it and so It will happen. Until the world ends, the devil will continue to kill, steal and destroy.

Thanks
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I thought you did honestly . grin

Wow! Good I caught you. It feels so great grin grin grin

Can't believe you fell for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Stop feigning daftness. If you were a world leader or the UN secretary-general, how would you tackle the problem of Qatari-backed terrorism?
The bolded is not nice. You asked a question, I gave you my honest reply, it is left for you to agree or disagree. Now I can't assume I am the UN secretary or a world leader because...well...I am not! No one knows the details of the Qatari-backed terrorism claim. If I was the UN secretary or a world leader, I might know everything that needs to be known in detail. It is these details that will inform my solution to the problem. And I am willing to bet that these solutions have their roots in the Bible. But I am an armchair spectator like you. And as an armchair spectator, I will take the "IF" stance. So I will say it again. If the Qatari government knew Jesus, they will know it wrong to fund terrorism. And this is basic fact even you can't dispute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
ilynem let's keep our discussion rolling, you're making sense
Thank you sir. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 / Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection / Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.